Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres (843 Views)

Militants Vow To Kill Moslems & Burn Mosques If Boko Haram Kills Christians / "No Attacks On Mosques" - Abu Al-Barnawi, New Boko Haram Leader / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by resty4(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Cameroonian authorities have ordered all mosques and Islamic centres to be shut in northern parts of the country.
The decision was said to be part of a set of measures intended to increase security after several terror attacks in the region, triggered by the country’s war on Boko Haram.
In addition to the closures, young beggars were ordered to vacate the streets as all recent suicide bombers have been children.
According to the OnIslam website and fox news, the governor of the region Midjiyawa Bakari, said the new rules were a response to two incidents in the past week, referring to two suicide attacks by two girls which resulted in killing 31 and wounding tens of people.
Though no group claimed responsibility for the attacks, fingers were pointed as militant group Boko Haram.
Muslims constitute about 20 percent of Cameroon’s total population of 20.5 million.
Most of them live in northern Cameroon and hail from major tribes such as the Fulani and the Peuhl.
Last week, the Cameroonian authorities banned the use of veil among women after two women dressed in the religious garments blew themselves up on Sunday in Fotokol, killing 13 people.
The militant group says it is fighting enemies who have wronged its members through violence, arrests or economic neglect and corruption.
More than 13,000 people are thought to have died since Boko Haram began its insurgency in 2009.
Boko Haram has escalated its six-year-old campaign to impose Islamic law on Nigeria, Africa’s biggest economy and largest oil-producing nation.
The fighting has drawn in neighboring countries including Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon, as the militants broadened their border targets.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/187365-boko-haram-cameroonian-authorities-shut-mosques-islamic-centres.html
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by HungerBAD: 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
I am starting to fall in love with this Cameroon.

Shut all Mosques? these guys in that country get LIVER OH.

An attempt to try that in Nigeria, will lead to a war that will make World War 2 look like a boys scout drill.

President Buhari, i know there have been no bombing linked to any Mosque directly, but if there is, do not hesitate to shut down those Mosques in Nigeria too.

We the OBSERVERS are watching.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Yehman(m): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Edge
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by INTROVERT(f): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yehman:
K

I wonder what buhari has to say to that.... when he goes to cameroun

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
kiss
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by ziccoit: 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
BH idiots are obviously not Muslims but a bunch of strange animals now they are directly and indirectly causing harms to Islam.
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by 4Play(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
If true, this is a grave miscalculation by Cameroun. This will serve as recruitment incentive for many Muslims to join Boko Garam.
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by zopaks: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
The authorities in other countries are making serious attempts to halt the spread of the terrorists group

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Tallesty1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
HungerBAD:

An attempt to try that in Nigeria, will lead to a war that will make World War 2 look like a boys scout drill.

President Buhari, i know there have been no bombing lined to any Mosque directly, but if there is, do not hesitate to shut down those Mosques in Nigeria too.

Abia.....

He would rather blame Jonathan and a virtually empty treasury for it.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Shortyy(f): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
OH. You now see why i love Cameroun? They DGAF.
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Mogidi: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Same should happen in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Yehman(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
INTROVERT:

I wonder what buhari has to say to that.... when he goes to cameroun
INTRO baby
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by quickly: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
HungerBAD:

President Buhari, i know there have been no bombing lined to any Mosque directly, but if there is, do not hesitate to shut down those Mosques in Nigeria too.

Same also if they shut down churches, nigerians are religious to a fault. But that religious ness is due to mental laziness

Nigerians r religious as pharisees and seducees
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by kinglekan: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Shortyy:
OH. You now see why i love Cameroun? They DGAF.

R u planning on relocating there anytym soon. grin
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is good move... And only bold fearless president will do such. All mosques in the northern war part areas in Nigeria ought to shut down. To curtail the spread of the virus, and stop them frm recruiting new members .

We all know most members of the Sec were recruit frm mosques
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by wordcat(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Why are they always in the North
From Northern Mali to Northern Sudan to Northern Chad to Northern Nigeria and now.....
Northern Cameroon.
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Miner13: 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Try this in Nigeria hmmmmmmmm

You will see the Islamabad in their thousand online and offline disrupting the peace of the country.

Stop hijab
No its injustice
Inhumane treatment
Biased government
Deprivation of practising their belief
That's the reply and noise that'll be everywhere

Yet this evil blood suckers hide under Islamabad to perpetrate evil

Buhari should follow suit or ..........

Make i save my comment
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by Miner13: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
wordcat:
From Northern Mali to Northern Sudan to Northern Chad to Northern Nigeria and now.....
Northern Cameroon.

Remember the bible state it clearly ***fear the north***
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by fabuloz1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
wordcat:
Northern Cameroon.

Even the bible also says "Fear not,(north)" grin
Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by dominique(f): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
I thought it has been established that some of these boko Haram people are not even Muslims, so what are they trying to achieve with this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Cameroonian Authorities Shut Mosques, Islamic Centres by wordcat(m): 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
fabuloz1:
Even the bible also says "Fear not,(north)" grin

Lol cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Cuts Boko Haram Supply Routes / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan: The Phones No Longer Ring - The FCT Post / Buhari Overrules Dissolution Of University Boards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.