Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,236 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

**MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap (4054 Views)

Why Is Online Marketing Not Yet Included In University Courses? / Certificate Training Courses And Diploma Training Courses / Renowned Platforms For Free Online Courses (2) (3) (4)

**MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Do not study the following courses except in the faculty of education:

1. Chemistry
2. Physics
3. Biology
4. Social Studies/Sociology

These are the ones I know because they are not career courses. If you study them in other faculties like social science or pure science, you've no profession, and to get employment or something doing related to it will be very very difficult, especially if you're a son of nobody.

But if you study them under Education Faculty, you have a profession and lots of things to do in teaching/lecturing/tutoring/curriculum setting/ school planning and management/,etc.

For further knowledge on career, don't depend on yourself. Ask old graduates or any teacher you know and they will help you with good advice before choosing a university course.

Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by opeaceo: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
and who told you they are not career courses?? You need cane.

Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by fabuloz1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
opeaceo:
and who told you they are not career courses??
You need cane.

(smiling) Before giving me cane on my flat buttocks, mama peace, can you suggest any career our younger ones can claim from them in the faculty of science or social science?

I know many graduates of such courses that fitget and tire and move to Teachers Institute--after University? Really a pity!
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by opeaceo: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
marenx:

(smiling) Before giving me cane on my flat buttocks, mama peace, can you suggest any career our younger ones can claim from them in the faculty of science or social science?

I know many graduates of such courses that fitget and tire and move to Teachers Institute--after University? Really a pity!

and you think those are the only affected courses?? Moreover, I haven't seen or heard anyone study biology as a course in a university in Nigeria ( I stand to be corrected), and to your first paragraph, can you explain further?
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2015
opeaceo:

and you think those are the only affected courses?? Moreover, I haven't seen or heard anyone study biology as a course in a university in Nigeria ( I stand to be corrected), and to your first paragraph, can you explain further?
1. I don't think they are the only affected courses and they are not. If you know anyone, you can convince us to help many applicants that are just rushing to go to University without knowing the National situation.

2. Yes, there is Biology as a course in a University in Nigeria with many graduates. The point is, most graduates won't tell you what they studied. Some that studied Biology may tell you the study either Zoology or Botany or Natural Science. Unless you see their documents.

Besides, I would like you to read this my humor: https://languageexpertintl./2015/07/30/must-read-networking-with-ghosts/
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by PrinceAkbabio(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2015
i laugh at d ignoranc of ds op, anyway i'm a physicists, physics in d faculty of science is difrent frm physics edu. In d fac of science we hav so many branches of physics like geophysics, material physics, medical physics, environmental physics, radiation physics, plasma phy, solid state phy, atmospheric phy, astro phy, nuclear phy etc. Pls make ur research b4 postin anytin in d social media. A graduate of phy edu is nt a physicist because de dont offer som core physics courses. A physics grad can b a teacher, lecturer, can work in any engineerin or IT company. I'm proud to b a physicist, i started makin money frm my yr2.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by luthorcorp: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2015
yeah the op is damn right...and political science too,

Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by luthorcorp: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2015
yeah the op is damn right...and political science too,that's the worse of them all
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by opeaceo: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
marenx:

1. I don't think they are the only affected courses and they are not. If you know anyone, you can convince us to help many applicants that are just rushing to go to University without knowing the National situation.

2. Yes, there is Biology as a course in a University in Nigeria with many graduates. The point is, most graduates won't tell you what they studied. Some that studied Biology may tell you the study either Zoology or Botany or Natural Science. Unless you see their documents.

Besides, I would like you to read this my humor: https://languageexpertintl./2015/07/30/must-read-networking-with-ghosts/

I agree that many students rush into the university without being guided on the course they chose or what they were offered (I'm guilty of this), but then, they've come to love and accept it. Yes, most of them get frustrated and end up teaching, and I'll blame the system/country for it.

The courses you stated above are in itself broad, and the problem is, in Nigeria, we take it as an entity, and also, they are supposed to work in research institutes, industries and its like, but we don't have them in Nigeria and so they are forced to teach.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by Eddodoh(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
What career paths or options are open for someone who studied Cooperative Econs & Mgt.?
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by u11gs: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2015
marenx:

1. Chemistry
2. Physics
3. Biology

These are the ones I know because they are not career courses. If you study them in other faculties like social science or pure science, you've no profession, and to get employment or something doing related to it will be very very difficult, especially if you're a son of nobody.

But if you study them under Education Faculty, you have a profession and lots of things to do in teaching/lecturing/tutoring/curriculum setting/ school planning and management/,etc.

For further knowledge on career, don't depend on yourself. Ask old graduates or any teacher you know and they will help you with good advice before choosing a university course.
What of GEOGRAPHY Please
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
u11gs:
. What of GEOGRAPHY Please
Yes, it is also one of them.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
PrinceAkbabio:
i laugh at d ignoranc of ds op, anyway i'm a physicists, physics in d faculty of science is difrent frm physics edu. In d fac of science we hav so many branches of physics like geophysics, material physics, medical physics, environmental physics, radiation physics, plasma phy, solid state phy, atmospheric phy, astro phy, nuclear phy etc. Pls make ur research b4 postin anytin in d social media. A graduate of phy edu is nt a physicist because de dont offer som core physics courses. A physics grad can b a teacher, lecturer, can work in any engineerin or IT company. I'm proud to b a physicist, i started makin money frm my yr2.

If you did not study Education Physics or do PGDE, know that you are just filling in the gab as a teacher. Besides, you can only get teaching work with private institution. You are not qualify to teach in Government school unless you are on your Youth Corp service. Or unless where you live doesn't value qualified teachers. Or unless you bag your Masters Degree.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Eddodoh:
What career paths or options are open for someone who studied Cooperative Econs & Mgt.?

If you studied Cooperative Econs & Mgt and understand what you are doing, you are a big person. It is a diplomatic course.

You can introduce what you studied to NGO's or any organisation and get employment chances. You can also manage schools whether it is not Education. In short, any course management is a career course.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
opeaceo:

I agree that many students rush into the university without being guided on the course they chose or what they were offered (I'm guilty of this), but then, they've come to love and accept it. Yes, most of them get frustrated and end up teaching, and I'll blame the system/country for it.

The courses you stated above are in itself broad, and the problem is, in Nigeria, we take it as an entity, and also, they are supposed to work in research institutes, industries and its like, but we don't have them in Nigeria and so they are forced to teach.

I agree with you. In Nigeria they are career courses only when you reach masters, doctorate or professor. That is when public and private corporation will value you as a researcher.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by u11gs: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=marenx post=36537766]
Yes, it is also one of them.[/quote na lie , i no greee
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2015
marenx:

1. Chemistry
2. Physics
3. Biology

what about Human Resource Management in the university
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by FunnyDude(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
You must be a pervert @op for posting this rubbish,even though I did not study any of those courses.I studied Statistics,but why will you post this article that cannot hold water...by the your president have no certificate.No course is useless just do your very best and graduate well*1cent#
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=u11gs post=36555571][/quote]
even political science na one of them.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
FunnyDude:
You must be a pervert @op for posting this rubbish,even though I did not study any of those courses.I studied Statistics,but why will you post this article that cannot hold water...by the your president have no certificate.No course is useless just do your very best and graduate well*1cent#
I won't blaim you, because it is clear you don't understand what I mean or what we are discussing here. You even went far talking about President. There are many Nigerians who don't even see four walls of the class room but are wealthy.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
belzieee:
what about Human Resource Management in the university

belzieee, any course that has to do with management is highly important and needed unless you don't know how to market/advertise yourself. Your winning point depends on how you market and advertise yourself. See yourself with your driver in your official car.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
marenx:

belzieee, any course that has to do with management is highly important and needed unless you don't know how to market/advertise yourself. Your winning point depends on how you market and advertise yourself. See yourself with your driver in your official car.
Sorry to bother you oh. Please throw more light on what you mean by marketing and advertising. And again,how much do you think a fresh graduate of human resource management can earn and also where can a fresh graduate of HRM work? Like i said earlier. Sorry to bother you
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
belzieee:
Sorry to bother you oh. Please throw more light on what you mean by marketing and advertising. And again,how much do you think a fresh graduate of human resource management can earn and also where can a fresh graduate of HRM work? Like i said earlier. Sorry to bother you
1. By marketing or advertising yourself, I mean going to public or private corporations or investors telling them the importance of your skill and how ready you are to effectively manage their resources even as a helper. (This is how I did and got my first employment as a French teacher. I even told the principal I came to work free).
2. In public service (Government) A normal general, starting and take-home salary of a fresh University graduate in 2013, that is without housing, arears and allowance, I know is N90,000K with the exception of Medical personnel and NNPC workers.
3. Fresh grad of HRM works with:
i. any research institute
ii. population census commission
iii. tertiary schools or universities as a lecturer
iv. insurance company
v. civil service commission
vi. ministry of works
etc,etc,etc
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
marenx:

1. By marketing or advertising yourself, I mean going to public or private corporations or investors telling them the importance of your skill and how ready you are to effectively manage their resources even as a helper. (This is how I did and got my first employment as a French teacher. I even told the principal I came to work free).
2. In public service (Government) A normal general, starting and take-home salary of a fresh University graduate in 2013, that is without housing, arears and allowance, I know is N90,000K with the exception of Medical personnel and NNPC workers.
3. Fresh grad of HRM works with:
i. any research institute
ii. population census commission
iii. tertiary schools or universities as a lecturer
iv. insurance company
v. civil service commission
vi. ministry of works
etc,etc,etc
Okay. Last question(I believe). How can a fresh graduate in HRM gain experience? Plus can a fresh graduate in HRM work in an oil company like Total,Lng etc with or without experience.n Thanks for you info though
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by PrinceAkbabio(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
[quote author=marenx post=36538143]

If you did not study Education Physics or do PGDE, know that you are just filling in the gab as a teacher. Besides, you can only get teaching work with private institution. You are not qualify to teach in Government school unless you are on your Youth Corp service. Or unless where you live doesn't value qualified teachers. Or unless you bag your Masters Degree.[/quotpls who lecturs in d dept of physics in higher institutions? I ws once a waec examiner with my b.sc physics, a gud physics graduate will dream beyond teaching in sec schs, there are som mathematical courses that phy edu graduates can't handle that an avr phy graduate wil play wit it without any stres.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=PrinceAkbabio post=36596894][/quote]

Yes Prince, the thing is you must have B.A. Ed. or B.S.C. Ed. to qualify as a teacher, even in UK. (I don't know of USA). If you are teaching without having any certificate in Education, like PGDE, you may be frustrated one day. Why?

A teacher must understand Curriculum, Educational Technology, Educational Administration & Management, Teaching Practice, Rudiments of teaching, Educational Psychology, Special Education, etc.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
belzieee:
Okay. Last question(I believe). How can a fresh graduate in HRM gain experience? Plus can a fresh graduate in HRM work in an oil company like Total,Lng etc with or without experience.n Thanks for you info though

That is base on the requirement of such company. If they require someone with experience, that is what they like.

But lemme advice you: if you want to work with a particular place, whether having experience or not, don't wait for a VACANCY NOTICE before applying. First, don't even take your application letter there. Meet the manager and talk to him, if he sees you really want to work, he is the one to tell you to bring your application letter.

Learn from how I got my first work as a French Teacher. I took the risk of telling the Principal I came to work free. Then he knew I qualified to work.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by u11gs: 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
marenx:

That is base on the requirement of such company. If they require someone with experience, that is what they like.

But lemme advice you: if you want to work with a particular place, whether having experience or not, don't wait for a VACANCY NOTICE before applying. First, don't even take your application letter there. Meet the manager and talk to him, if he sees you
really want to work, he is the one to tell you to bring your
application letter.
So you even read french? Abi u dy envy d courses you mention ne?

Learn from how I got my first work as a French Teacher. I took the risk of telling the Principal I came to work free. Then he knew I qualified to work.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by Oluwatosin27(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Pls this one that op post sef dey make me scare ooo...... Am a gradaute of Educational Technology from a reputable University in nigeria and seriously I don't like teaching pls I want to ask what is my chances of getting a non teaching job which a federal govt. Thanks pls I want to pple to reply.
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by marenx: 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
u11gs:
As if you're getting things difficult ne?
Re: **MUST READ** Four University Courses Scrap by sheettle(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
What about Criminology and security studies?

Is This Real!! / Information About Provincial Nomination Programs In Canada / MCSA Certification Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60