Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? (5527 Views)

Why Would God Deliver GIRLS Into The Hands Of The RAPISTS? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ok i was going through a blog and caught up on an interesting debate. So i figured i'd bring it here for the intelligent theists to digest and break it down for us lesser mortals. So here goes...
If this world was designed for us, why would the designer give us bodies that require fresh drinking water… and then cover 70% of the Earth with poisonous water? Does He not desire for his creations to survive? It’s difficult to imagine a benevolent God who says, “Let us cover the Earth with a kind of water that human bodies cannot metabolize. Let us then make it so that it will not quench their thirst and they will desire more. Then, they will go crazy, their kidneys will shut down, and they will die.” “Or,” says Jesus, “we could use fresh water!” “Oh no,” says God, “what fun would that be?”

Why couldn’t God just fill the oceans with fresh water? Water that would be safe for us, and his other creations to drink? Or at least give us kidneys that could pass high levels of salt, as He apparently did with most ocean-dwelling mammals. Are the ocean-dwelling mammals more precious to Him?

How many humans and animals have died from droughts because of this undrinkable water? Or have been unable to grow crops because this water was poison to plants? When people die due to lack of water, doesn’t this just defeat God’s plan to save them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by redcliff: 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
My ways are not your ways neither are my thoughts yours sayeth the lord of host

9 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by ladyF(f): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
There are salt water and fresh water lakes.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
redcliff:
My ways are not your ways neither are my thoughts yours sayeth the lord of host
Yeah let me add some more for you. The Lord works in mysterious ways,god has a purpose for everything,it's all part of his divine plan and you can't question god. Let me know if i left anything out.
ladyF:
There are salt water and fresh water lakes.
True,but you'd agree that there's something fundamentally flawed with filling three quarters of the earth with water humans cannot drink. I'm sure even you would do a much better job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by podosci(m): 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
The salt actually helps to preserve the water.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
podosci:
The salt actually helps to preserve the water.....
From...?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by podosci(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
Not sure, read it from an unreliable source
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
podosci:
Not sure, read it from an unreliable source
..And you just put it up here like you knew what you were typing about..lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by podosci(m): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
No mind me jawe...but it makes sense, the salinity should help to preserve the water and prevent algae from turning it green....that's my own conclusion
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by wetdspace(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by nedu2000(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
Oceans were not created salty....the origin of the salinity is from land!! Rocks.it took millions of years of eroded rocks/stones for the oceans to reach its present level.
The oceans are a major source of fresh water through evaporation,cloud movement and rain(water cycle).
Salty water is a conductor of electricity,i'm sure it has a use there.
The salinity may even have something to do with the air we breathe but we've simply not discovered it yet.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by ifex370(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
so that some certain sea creatures who don't live without salt water can survive, just the way you do on fresh water...

now, any other STUPID questions? angry angry angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by NumberOne2(m): 3:22am On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

How many humans and animals have died from droughts because of this undrinkable water? Or have been unable to grow crops because this water was poison to plants? When people die due to lack of water, doesn’t this just defeat God’s plan to save them

Even if the oceans were drinkable, they will NOT be inland so those in land locked areas will still not have water to drink.
Every wondered why fresh water is inland (streams, rivers, lakes) and oceans are outside? Does such a design not ring a bell even to a 5 year old?

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 4:03am On Jul 29, 2015
NumberOne2:

Even if the oceans were drinkable, they will NOT be inland so those in land locked areas will still not have water to drink.
Every wondered why fresh water is inland (streams, rivers, lakes) and oceans are outside? Does such a design not ring a bell even to a 5 year old?
If all the waters on earth were drinkable,the issue of drought would not be as bad if at all. There's absolutely no reason to fill more than half the earth with water & make it undrinkable. The intelligent designer is not particularly intelligent in this regard as in so many other flaws. But since he is infallible i take it he does these things for kicks. I think i'll go with the scientific explanation for salinity of the oceans

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by 1shortblackboy: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

If all the waters on earth were drinkable,the issue of drought would not be as bad if at all. There's absolutely no reason to fill more than half the earth with water & make it undrinkable. The intelligent designer is not particularly intelligent in this regard as in so many other flaws. But since he is infallible i take it he does these things for kicks. I think i'll go with the scientific explanation for salinity of the oceans
so the scientific explanation of the salinity of the ocean is not intelligent enough for u? Why are u arguing with urself chairman? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by joe4christ(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

And what is the scientific explanations for the salinity of the oceans
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 8:44am On Jul 29, 2015
@cold:
The premise of your argument is so silly that I really don't know where to start from. While most of the points that I have come across by critic/sceptics of God in this forum have been very helpful in furthering the debate about God, this op is just silly and simlistic to even debate.
Perhaps you should be asking why the earth is not made up of cheese, or why God did not design the earth so that we perpetually travel down hill.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:
@cold:
The premise of your argument is so silly that I really don't know where to start from. While most of the points that I have come across by critic/sceptics of God in this forum have been very helpful in furthering the debate about God, this op is just silly and simlistic to even debate.
Perhaps you should be asking why the earth is not made up of cheese, or why God did not design the earth so that we perpetually travel down hill.

Bro I feel u mehn.

I thought I was the only one that saw how silly the OP is. And some people are even wasting their time answering him. SMH.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by Tjayjosh(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2015
Have you ever heard or seen a free man die of thirst? Or you just feel like asking stupid questions. If there is anything humans have in abundance, it's water for anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:
@cold:
The premise of my argument may look silly and simplistic,but in your haste to rubbish my argument you have failed to give any cogent or coherent response. Which is typical of all theists i know. Once cornered they resort to all sorts of antics to dismiss the argument,so no surprises there. You might as well tell me to ask the holy spirit to grant me spiritual understanding & throw in something like a carnal mind can never discern matters of the spirit. No?

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by oluwalfa: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2015
The fool is thirsty in the midst of water.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

The premise of my argument may look silly and simplistic,but in your haste to rubbish my argument you have failed to give any cogent or coherent response. Which is typical of all theists i know. Once cornered they resort to all sorts of antics to dismiss the argument,so no surprises there. You might as well tell me to ask the holy spirit to grant me spiritual understanding & throw in something like a carnal mind can never discern matters of the spirit. No?

First of all, you must be deluded if you think this silly and senseless post has anybody cornered.
Secondly, your question though silly is not a spiritual question so the point of asking the holy spirit for answers is rather moot.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:

First of all, you must be deluded if you think this silly and senseless post has anybody cornered.
Secondly, your question though silly is not a spiritual question so the point of asking the holy spirit for answers is rather moot.
Still skirting around. Ok try 'his ways are not our ways' or something along those lines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

Still skirting around. Ok try 'his ways are not our ways' or something along those lines.

lol. You are begging me to give an answer to your question that fits your stereotype of christians even after I have explained to you why that kind of answer is wrong. Perhaps you should do a little reading of elementary science books for kids, maybe then you will be able to understand the water cycle and why the oceans are salty. Who knows you might also come to appreciate that the earth is an incredibly complex system.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by orunto27: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
The ocean s are made to breed fish and provide salt for human protein and iron nurishment. .Drink ing water comes from the rain,bore hole,springs,stream s etc.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dolphinheart(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
The op has lost sight of the more important things, hence he has failed to see the wonderful and fear inspiring works of Jehovah in the creation of the earth.
The earth is created perfectly for human habitation.
Let's look at the vast oceans with its salt water. First we must agree that at all times there is enough natural fresh water for man to drink. Drought is as a result of mans inability to harness or manage the availability of such resources. So if we have enough fresh water , why are we complaining over salt water.
The oceans being salty is as a result of the presence of dissolved chemicals and compounds which mostly come from land and without the ability of the oceans to manage these chemicals on a large scale you can't imagine, you as a human will not exist .

Let's look at a few wonderful arrangements of Jehovah concerning how he arranged the oceans to be salty.

Oceans as reservoir: these compounds, chemicals and metals found in the sea are essential to mans survival on earth. But it becomes poisonous if its found in larger than normal amount in any particular location . Hence Jehovah arranged a process where these chemicals can be managed on land and transported to the seas where it can be kept till its needed again on land . The ocean is the best kind of reservior ever.

Oceans as natural transporter: the oceans helps transport these essential chemicals from one place to another.

Oceans as a distributor: the oceans helps in the distribution of these chemicals around the world in such a way that it encourages mans survival. Most of the cycles in the world, h2o, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon ,sulfur , metals and others all us the oceans as a means of completing its cycles. Man cannot survive without these cycles.

Oceans as provider of essential food for man: most sea foods come as a result of animal need and perfect use of the salts/chemicals in the ocean . Crabs,lobsters and shrimps will not survive if these chemicals are not present in their present presence amount. bet the op like lobsters and sea food.

Oceans maintainer of mans environment: let's look at the carbon cycle. The compound is present on earth for man to use as source for different kinds of energy . Carbon gets into these seas, gets dissolved, combines with other compounds, get dissociated from chemicals, absobed by plants and micro organisms, get used by humans again . All these is not possible without the oceans being salty.
Whitout these chemicals there will be no planktons, without these planktons, no food for small fishes,whales and humans to eat, without these small fishes, no life can survive in the sea, without life in the sea, there will be no life on the earth, the life of the op thus occurs cus of its well arranged environment, and such environment cannot occur without a salty sea.

Oceans as source of entertainment : the coral reefs is as a result of the direct use of the salt in the sea.

So can the op see jehovahs wonderful works for man?. He provided enough drinking water and then used the rest to ensure our survival . To ensure balance .

Man cannot enjoy all the seas offers without it being salty.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:

lol. You are begging me to give an answer to your question that fits your stereotype of christians even after I have explained to you why that kind of answer is wrong. Perhaps you should do a little reading of elementary science books for kids, maybe then you will be able to understand the water cycle and why the oceans are salty. Who knows you might also come to appreciate that the earth is an incredibly complex system.
Ok no god needed. I get your point
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

Ok no god needed. I get your point
In the same sense that God is not needed in explaining why we don't float off the earths surface into space.
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:

In the same sense that God is not needed in explaining why we don't float off the earths surface into space.
At least we both agree god isn't necessary in the scheme of things
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

At least we both agree god isn't necessary in the scheme of things
Do you now see why your question is silly?
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by cold(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
dorox:

Do you now see why your question is silly?
So what purpose does god serve again?
Re: Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? by dorox(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
cold:

So what purpose does god serve again?
God's purpose is to be your personal magic genie that can be called upon at anytime to satisfy your every whim. I guess any other God will be too tedious for you to bother with.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? / Today Is Good Friday!! / If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.