Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? (5540 Views)

Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon / If We Resemble Apes, Does That Mean We Evolved From Apes? / If We Evolved From Monkeys, Why Are There Still Monkeys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by allanphash7(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
This question is seen on my facebook wall and decided to share and we discuss it here

Cx: johnydon22, sonoflucifer, hahn, ichommy, frank317

1 Like

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by dkingsman82(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
am still thinking abt that undecided
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
They are still evolving. shocked
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Jboyossai(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Actually, man evolved from fish and not monkey
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by EHMIR(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Bcs we were told lies.
Adam was not a monkey,how then can man evolve from monkey
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
allanphash7:
This question is seen on my facebook wall and decided to share and we discuss it here

Cx: johnydon22, sonoflucifer, hahn, ichommy, frank317
[b]When you see questions like this you wonder how people cannot simply pick up books and read it even though you don't agree with it.. Even in this 21st century when you can simply download any book you want on your device as easy as breathing.

Let me explain for education sake because i already see dozens on this thread who are exactly like the person who asked this question on facebook.

According to the theory of Evolution: Man did not evolve from Monkeys only someone who never read evolution would assert so.

It asserts Man and every other primates out there evolved from a common ancestor.. So man did not evolve from monkeys but rather both species branched off in the evolutional trend from one common ancestor.

More like evolutionary cousins ... This is like asking Since if Cats evolved from lions why then are there still Lions.

Cats and Lions are related not evolved from each other, they just branched off from one common amcestors

People should read whether you agree with it or not just do so for knowledge sake because this is an eye sore..

In this age of Information, Ignorance is a choice!!!
[/b]

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:
When you see questions like this you wonder how people cannot simply pick up books and read it even though you don't agree with it..

Let me explain for education sake because i already see dozens on this thread who is exactly like the person who asked this question on facebook.

According to the theory of Evolution: Man did not evolve from Monkeys only someone who never read evolution would assert so.

It asserts Man and every other primates out there evolved from a common ancestor.. So man did not evolve from monkeys but rather both species branched off in the evolutional trend from one common ancestor.

More like evolutionary cousins ... This is like asking Since if Cats evolved from lions why then are there still Lions.

Cats and Lions are related not evolved from each other, they just branched off from one common amcestors

We learn everyday. Please what then is the relevance of homo species in the theory evolution... Erectus, habilis and Co.?
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by HCpaul(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
Maybe evolusion has stoped or those 21st century monkeys have acquired an IQ that surpassess the evolution theory.

I always vocalize a claime that atheism is a logical expression of haphazard state of confusion.

Don't mind them, these atheists are confused.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
iamayodeji:

We learn everyday. Please what then is the relevance of homo species in the theory evolution... Erectus, habilis and Co.?
Homo species are the evolutionary trend leading to modern man...

The trend starts from Ardipithecus to Australopithecus before the homo(s) ... this particularly is the development trend of humans and is different from that of any other primate, others have their own branch or trend...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
HCpaul:
Maybe evolusion has stoped or those 21st century monkeys have acquired an IQ that surpassess the evolution theory.

I always vocalize a claime that atheism is a logical expression of haphazard state of confusion.

Please sir Evolution is a scientific theory and has nothing to do with atheists... Go figure and just stop the dumb attitude

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by bqlekan(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:
When you see questions like this you wonder how people cannot simply pick up books and read it even though you don't agree with it..
Let me explain for education sake because i already see dozens on this thread who is exactly like the person who asked this question on facebook.

Hmmm. I have some questions. If monkeys and men originated from the same ancestor, what does this ancestor look like? Has anyone found the fossils? What happened to the monkey's intelligence? Why is it so poor compared to ours? Did the monkey not use it's intelligence for long?

According to evolution, Man evolved from Australopithecus africanus > Homo Habilis> homo erectus> to homo sapiens.. (kindly correct me if I'm wrong) can. You help on How the monkey evolved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
By the way OP this should be in the science section

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
you asked me, na who I go ask?
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by HCpaul(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:
Please sir Evolution is a scientific theory and has nothing to do with atheists... Go figure and just stop the dumb attitude

Hmm... I don't really care cuz we have none in the country.

Why did you always use scientific theories to back up your claims and assertions?
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
bqlekan:

Hmmm. I have some questions. If monkeys and men originated from the same ancestor, what does this ancestor look like? Has anyone found the fossils? What happened to the monkey's intelligence? Why is it so poor compared to ours? Did the monkey not use it's intelligence for long?
Am not an evolutionist but i will answer none the less..

The distinctions pointed out here is exactly as the distinctions you can point out in a Dog and a wolf.. Adaptive mechanism, Mutation etc..

By the way Other apes like monkeys remains one of the few species known to utilize tools

According to evolution, Man evolved from Australopithecus africanus > Homo Habilis> homo erectus> to homo sapiens.. (kindly correct me if I'm wrong) can. You help on How the monkey evolved?
Yeah goes from Arpithecus ramidus to australopithecus aferensis, australopithecus Africanus, australopithecus boisei before the home speices..

And No i do not know the evolutionary trend of monkeys will be happy to read it here if anybody can provide it

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
HCpaul:

Hmm... I don't really care cuz we have none in the country.

Why did you always use scientific theories to back up your claims and assertions?
Give me a definition of Scientific Theory

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Gidoka(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
I leave that question for my opponent to answer. grin
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by HCpaul(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:
Give me a definition of Scientific Theory

They are basically laws, theorem and analysed concepts derived from scientific research and discoveries.
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Let me help. One smart monkey got away and evolved. Simple.

Look at humans and explain why we have one person who we call gifted because of their level of intelligence. Then another person is mentally disabled. Now in evolution my understanding is that the former will out live the later. So the monkey's in the zoo have not quite got that level of intelligence but the monkey's in Hollywood for example are getting closer to being human. Lol. That's how my brain explains evolutionary stages cheesy

Be open minded. Don't pick a team already. I'm just saying.

bqlekan:

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
HCpaul:

They are basically laws, theorem and analysed concepts derived from scientific research and discoveries.

Close enough.. " In science, an explanation or model that covers a substantial group of occurrences in nature and has been confirmed by a substantial number of experiments and observations. "

Now i believe you can answer yourself... Cus am done with the thread ...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by bqlekan(m): 4:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Am not an evolutionist but i will answer none the less..
Thanks for the little explanations, even tho most of my questions were not answered,

The distinctions pointed out here is exactly as the distinctions you can point out in a Dog and a wolf.. Adaptive mechanism, Mutation etc.

By the way Other apes like monkeys remains one of the few species known to utilize tools

This doesn't really answer the question on why man is more intelligent.

Yeah goes from Arpithecus ramidus to australopithecus aferensis, australopithecus Africanus, australopithecus boisei before the home speices..

If all primates evolved from one ancestor, don't you think evolution should do more on explaining the reasons for the vast difference between goats and humans( physically, physiologically, intellectually etc)

And No i do not know the evolutionary trend of monkeys will be happy to read it here if anybody can provide it
I think evolution is not complete..

Let me just wait for anyone who has it.. also for the other primates too..
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by HCpaul(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
johnydon22:
Close enough.. " In science, an explanation or model that covers a substantial group of occurrences in nature and has been confirmed by a substantial number of experiments and observations. "

Now i believe you can answer yourself... Cus am done with the thread ...

You are a scientist and not an atheist.

You decisions are adamant, is only God that can backtrack it.

God creates you and i... I believe in him while you choose to believe in him.
Please how does that affect his existence and reality?

You better flee from the wrath to come cuz you will only be eternally purnished.

1 Like

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by bqlekan(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nubian113:

Let me help. One smart monkey got away and evolved. Simple.

Look at humans and explain why we have one person who we call gifted because of their level of intelligence. Then another person is mentally disabled. Now in evolution my understanding is that the former will out live the later. So the monkey's in the zoo have not quite got that level of intelligence but the monkey's in Hollywood for example are getting closer to being human. Lol. That's how my brain explains evolutionary stages cheesy

Be open minded. Don't pick a team already. I'm just saying.

Lol, this cracked me up.. Lola, being gifted has nothing to do with evolution jhur.. why haven't we outlived the monkeys? cheesy do you really believe we are evolving?
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by allanphash7(m): 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Oh! you are right
johnydon22:
By the way OP this should be in the science section
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by CoolUsername: 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
HCpaul:

Nope, evolution is still going on very slowly as we speak.

Have you seen how new breeds of dogs are formed over time by artificial selection. That's evolution.

Have you seen the way drugs like Amalar and Quinine stopped being effective against malaria? That's the malaria parasite evolving before our very eyes.

So, no evolution hasn't stopped at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by vooks: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
This is a dumb question and johnydon22 is right on the money according to evolution, humans and monkeys share a common ancestor.

Now, morphologically chimps are the closest you can get to humans and this was the origin of the theory of common ancestor. But this is total bullshiet. Here is why; monkeys branched off our common ancestors 25 million years ago while chimps only bolted 6 million years ago. This theory if true would mean we are have more genetic similarity between chimps and humans than between monkeys and humans, right? Wrong! We share about 93% genes with Rhesus monkey no different from the chimps.

If this don't make any sense, consider this; bats and horses have more genetic similarity than horses and cows

So genetic similarity does not tell you anything as such, how you interpret that information depends on your presumptions. If you are into Darwinism, higher DNA similarity will point to a COMMON ANCESTOR but to me a creationist, they point to a COMMON DESIGNER.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by johnydon22(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
bqlekan:
This doesn't really answer the question on why man is more intelligent.
Oh it was answered maybe it wasn't just the one you were looking for..

I pointed out to vital factors "Adaptive machanism and mutation" these are important factors in the distinction of organisms in evolutionary trend...

Maybe you were expecting something else then i can't help you there.

If all primates evolved from one ancestor, don't you think evolution
should do more on explaining the reasons for the vast difference between
goats and humans( physically, physiologically, intellectually etc)
It did, you just have to read it ..
" Mutation, migration (gene flow), genetic drift, and natural selection as mechanisms of change; The importance of genetic variation; The random nature of genetic drift and the effects of a reduction in genetic variation; How variation, differential reproduction, and heredity result in evolution by natural selection"

You just need to pay closer attention...

I think evolution is not complete..
Surely enough and this is one of my reasons for maintaining a sceptical position to most thesis.

That branch of study is still under heavy study..

One thing you need to understand is that there is no dogma in science.. Science do not hope to achieve immutable dogmas but through Consistent study can reach a truthful approximation without at any point in time claiming absolute truth has been reached..

There are always room for doubt, learning and finding out more..

Let me just wait for anyone who has it.. also for the other primates too..
sure

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by vooks: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
CoolUsername:

Nope, evolution is still going on very slowly as we speak.

Have you seen how new breeds of dogs are formed over time by artificial selection. That's evolution.

Have you seen the way drugs like Amalar and Quinine stopped being effective against malaria? That's the malaria parasite evolving before our very eyes.

So, no evolution hasn't stopped at all.
Don't be a m0ron,
SPECIATION is not evolution. Evolution is ADDITION of genetic information not REARRANGEMENT or LOSS of pre-existing information. This is why we don't look at albinos as evidence of evolution

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by CoolUsername: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
vooks:
This is a dumb question and johnydon22 is right on the money according to evolution, humans and monkeys share a common ancestor.

Now, morphologically chimps are the closest you can get to humans and this was the origin of the theory of common ancestor. But this is total bullshiet. Here is why; monkeys branched off our common ancestors 25 million years ago while chimps only bolted 6 million years ago. This theory if true would mean we are have more genetic similarity between chimps and humans than between monkeys and humans, right? Wrong! We share about 93% genes with Rhesus monkey no different from the chimps.

If this don't make any sense, consider this; bats and horses have more genetic similarity than horses and cows.

So genetic similarity does not tell you anything as such, how you interpret that information depends on your presumptions. If you are into Darwinism, higher DNA similarity will point to a COMMON ANCESTOR but to me a creationist, they point to a COMMON DESIGNER.

Wow! Is vooks being civil on a thread?

I now know that we're living in the END TIMES.
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by vooks: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
CoolUsername:

Wow! Is vooks being civil on a thread?

I now know that we're living in the END TIMES.
Shut up idiot,
COMMON DESCENT is based on assumptions, inferences and extrapolations that just don't add up as in the case of bats and horses
Re: If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist? by CoolUsername: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
vooks:

Shut up idiot,
COMMON DESCENT is based on assumptions, inferences and extrapolations that just don't add up as in the case of bats and horses

Aaaand we're back to reality!
Thanks for your mature and Christ-like response.

But before I start a debate, I'll like to know where you stand. Are you arguing for creationism? Christian creationism? Or Young Earth Creationism?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / What Does Bible Says About Bribes And Corruption? / “jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.