Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba (563 Views)

Patrick Fasinu Killed And Set Ablaze In Ogun / Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) / Women Throw Out Burning Pot, Set Three-year-old Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by oludashmi(f): 7:06am On Jul 29, 2015
Two ladies have been arrested at the Iwaya are of Yaba, Lagos state, for the death of a 3 years old boy, Basit Adewole who died after they flung a burning pot of oil on him.

It was gathered that the women had come to visit their friend, Yemisi, who was marking her birthday on Saturday but as they didn’t meet her, they started cooking in her room when their pot of oil caught fire.

The women reportedly threw the burning pot outside where the boy and some other children were playing. The hot oil spilled on the boy and set him ablaze. He was rushed to the hospital but died the following day.

A relative of the late lad, gave account of the matter, “The women do not stay in this house. They are friends to Yemisi, whose boyfriend, Lateef, lives here. The boyfriend, Lateef, has not showed up since the incident occurred. On that afternoon, Yemisi brought the women to celebrate her birthday with her. She gave them the key to Lateef’s apartment.

“While the two were cooking in the room, the pot caught fire and they threw it out without minding the children in the corridor. Basit was burnt in the process. The women went inside and shut their door.

“If they had rushed out with water immediately, the harm would have been minimal, and the boy might have survived. When we took the boy to a government hospital, they rejected him because they were on strike. We then brought him to a private hospital in Yaba, where he later died.”

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/yaba-two-women-flung-burning-pot-set-3-year-old-ablaze/
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by HungerBAD: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2015
This is a strange story.

Rest in peace little boy. But at the rate, little boys are dying in Lagos is getting a little bit scary. Was it not yesterday or so, a 4 year old got his insides removed? parents should be very prayerful, and most importantly be very vigilant when it comes to their kids.

1 Like

Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by kamair237(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2015
Evil!!!!
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:10am On Jul 29, 2015
I don't even know what 2 type now..
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by nerodenero: 7:12am On Jul 29, 2015
When we took the boy to a government hospital, they rejected him because they were on strike.
Can you imagine and a minister was alleged to have stolen $6billion undecided.
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 29, 2015
I'm sure dey were gossiping when the pot got hot and caught fire
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by oludashmi(f): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2015
adeekiti:
I'm sure dey were gossiping when the pot got hot and caught fire

shocked shocked Some people can think sha
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2015
oludashmi:

shocked shocked Some people can think sha
abi o , abi u dey gossip too Ni ma? Good morning madam
Re: Two Women Flung Burning Pot, Set 3-year-old Ablaze In Yaba by Airforce1(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2015
Dem no sabi cook... their first attempt to cook took the life of an innocent boy

Life!

No friend dares cook in my house except my Gf.. if food no dey to eat, we eat out.

Friends cooking in my house is a no no for me

I love my friends.
But there are somethings I won't tolerate

R.i.P juvenile

(1) (Reply)

South African First Lady Involved In A Plot To Poison Husband, President Zuma / Talk Of Devil Himself: 26yrs Old Man Defiles 1 And A Half Year Old Girl In Benin / Islamic Cleric Detained By SSS For 14 Months Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.