Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) (40066 Views)

Hoodlums Set Olusosun Dumpsite On Fire After Police Stormed Hideout For Arrest / Hoodlums Set Osun High Court Ablaze (Photos) / Hoodlums Set Woman And Her Grandchildren Ablaze In Delta (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by dre11(m): 2:28am On Aug 13, 2015
Some hoodlums have set a 17-year-old boy, Lekan Agbaje, on fire on Amodu Street, in the Idi Oro, Mushin area of Lagos.

It was gathered that the attacker initially stabbed their victim before they set him ablaze and left him for dead.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Lekan was, however, rescued by passersby and policemen from the Alakara division, who rushed the teenager to a private hospital.

Our correspondent gathered that the assailants who were confident that the teenager was dead, pasted his obituary posters in the community.

It was learnt that on Saturday, at about 6pm, the teenager and a friend had strolled out, but were ambushed by the hoodlums.

Lekan, who the assailants reportedly claimed was a member of a rival faction, was dragged to a corner and stabbed several times.

Not done, the hoodlums doused him with kerosene before setting him on fire.

They reportedly fled the scene when they sighted a police patrol vehicle approaching the area.

When PUNCH Metro visited the area on Wednesday, a resident, who identified himself simply as Kehinde, said the hoodlums were holding an event in the area on Friday, which must be marked with killing.

He said, “The boys were about 100. They held a party in a house on the street. They wore blue shirts and caps. At about the evening time, the police patrol vans came into the area and arrested a good number of them.

“The boy was attacked at about evening time. We learnt that the hoodlums had to kill someone to mark their celebration. So, they attacked Lekan. They also pasted his obituary.”

When our correspondent visited the hospital where Lekan was being treated, the mother, who pleaded not to be named, said the family had spent N130,000 on him, adding that they had run out of money .

She stated that Lekan did not belong to any cult group, but was a victim of hoodlums’ indiscriminate attacks in the area.

She said, “They stabbed him with bottles in the face and stomach. His burnt body has yet to heal. We have spent about N130,000. The doctors said we should get another N250,000. I am tired. I am a hair dresser.

“He is not a cult member. He just finished secondary school. I want Nigerians and the government to help me. He is my first son. The hoodlums removed almost all his teeth. He cannot talk or eat.”

Our correspondent observed the teenager on the sick bed, with bandage on his head, waist and hands.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Patricia Amadin, had yet to respond to a text message sent to her phone on the incident as of press time.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/hoodlums-set-17-year-old-ablaze-paste-his-obituary/

Picture of Lekan the boy set ablaze on hospital bed

cc lalasticlala

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by balash(m): 2:46am On Aug 13, 2015
hmmm

One thing is this, This Hoodlums dont make mistakes, Sincerely when a gang of hoodlums attack another faction, there are some who hide somewhere to identify any of the gangs who came to attack them, and they pass the informations around till they get someone to use as a scapegoat.

An average hoodlums folds cant just hold a 17 years old boy and stab him if they never knew any bad trait about him. how would his mother know if he was a cult member or part of the hoodlums who first attacked. This sorta small boys are not been given good home training.

In lagos island at least even a boy of 15 is seen brandishing a cutlass when the hoodlums go attack and they easily forget themselves and walkby where they planned shits. May God heal him Fast but from the whole story that boy was among who attacked them first. A cult guy or hoodlums who attacks dont go home to his family and say "Daddy Mummy i just killed someone today'

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by darnley16(m): 2:51am On Aug 13, 2015
hmmm, all I know is that this cult boy no wan just gree die

4 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Tapout(m): 2:56am On Aug 13, 2015
balash:
hmmm

One thing is this, This Hoodlums dont make mistakes, Sincerely when a gang of hoodlums attack another faction, there are some who hide somewhere to identify any of the gangs who came to attack them, and they pass the informations around till they get someone to use as a scapegoat.

An average hoodlums folds cant just hold a 17 years old boy and stab him if they never knew any bad trait about him. how would his mother know if he was a cult member or part of the hoodlums who first attacked. This sorta small boys are not been given good home training.

In lagos island at least even a boy of 15 is seen brandishing a cutlass when the hoodlums go attack and they easily forget themselves and walkby where they planned shits. May God heal him Fast but from the whole story that boy was among who attacked them first. A cult guy or hoodlums who attacks dont go home to his family and say "Daddy Mummy i just killed someone today'

thank u very much for saving me the stress....cos I was about typing the same thing, especially bolded

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by jingiss: 3:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 13, 2015
Train up your child in a good way, so he shall not depart from it when he grows.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by AlPeter: 3:41am On Aug 13, 2015
The boy belong. His mum should thank God for his life first instead of claiming what she doesn't know

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 3:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Those that wear blue are the aiyee or eyee
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by bunmioguns(m): 4:30am On Aug 13, 2015
May God continue to protect us
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by ojkalito(m): 4:56am On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
they are cherubim and seraphim

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by springtech(m): 5:18am On Aug 13, 2015
What a pity. SMH. I pity the teenager though.
God indeed loves you, boy. Find GOD.
#iamspringtech

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by kenedy175(m): 6:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Those hoodlums need to be probed grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Ddonoflife(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2015
Wicked

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Ayomi088(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2015
ha
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by superior1: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2015
According to the story, he belong to a rival cult......don't live by the sword if you don't want to die by the sword

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by jingh(f): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2015
I just wish dey will learn after reading this but the spirit behind Cultism is not easy to conquer.

Rip to the dead eruku.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
prettythicksme

mizmycoli

i will bleep either of u one day
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by kayo80(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmm! And I used to think Bariga was the baddest ghetto in Lagos...I guess I have to give that to Mushin. But the story is kinda clumsy...Why would the hoodlums go through the stress of posting Obituary of the guy around?

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by mayorkyzo: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
balash:
hmmm

So this is is you have to say after someone has almost being killed..you my friend must be a cultist...smh

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by c4tnoelz: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Father , heal our land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Bsc(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
One word: vampire
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by yomalex(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
What
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by MrAboki: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
Thuglife...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by boolet: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
mayorkyzo:
So this is is you have to say after someone has almost being killed..you my friend must be a cultist...smh
It's a concrete analysis he gave there bro. Moreover, it's his opinion which is highly tenable.

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmm..
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Ddonoflife(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
shocked
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
i wonder what would have become of me if my family hadn't relocated from mushin, my juvenile days were so rough, having plied almost every street in mushin and it environs, knowing it's nooks and crannies, roaming with guys who have no plans, engaging in unforetellable actitities.
i thank God for my life...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Mckandre(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
dis is wickedness in high places, if THE ALMIGHTY GOD CAN 4GIVE, who then is human not to 4give? may GOD 4give those dat had a hand in his death. "ignorance is a disease.
Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by sibb2011: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2015
cultism! cultism!! cultism!!!.....

God will help our younger generation from this deadly acts.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by Pavore9: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2015
So messed up! Most parents are not just conscious of the ways of their children. l recall while growing up, an older cousin of mine when he was about 15/16yrs started exhibiting some deliquencies, an effect from the boys he was hanging out with in their neighbourhood. He was shipped to the village from Lagos to stay with my grandmother. Where he alone had to do the chores before going to school in the morning and on his way back from school, he had to collect firewood and vegetables from the farm which he would use for cooking the meals. By the time we visited the village that Christmas, that 'agbero' in him has fizzled out. cheesy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Set 17-year- Old Ablaze, Paste His Obituary (Pictured) by ilo04(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
eagle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) / Man Kills His Father, Stabs His Mother In Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / 2 Kids Murdered In Their Mother's Kitchen In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.