Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew (27548 Views)

See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / How I Eat With My Tomato Stew Before Vs How I Eat Now(pic) / How To Prepare Banga (ofe Akwu) Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Neplusultra(f): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
The secret in Ofeakwu is making sure ur Palm kernel extract is thick!

Ofeakwu rocks!
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Anoruo:
Egusi soup is best

We are not comparing soup here
Ugu soup
Achara Soup
Olugbu(bitter leaf) soup
Uha soup,
Egusi soup
Ofe owerri
Uziza Soup
Ukazi soup...... Igbo soups on point,.....

1 Like

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Neplusultra:
The secret in Ofeakwu is making sure ur Palm kernel extract is thick!

Ofeakwu rocks!

pls can you lecture me how to prepare it.... I need to pass the info to my wife grin wink, she does not know how to prepare it but I eat it outside
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Neplusultra(f): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceejay80s:
I prefer both to ofémmanu
cheesy
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
Beremx:
I don't think it will taste good with pounded yam. Try it with rice first and you won't resist the taste. grin

Thank God you didn't ask him to mix it with EWEDU grin grin grin grin
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceejay80s:
I prefer both to ofémmanu

grin grin grin grin grin...u don com
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by scantee(m): 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe akwu na d bomb, come 2nd is vagetable stew, 2matoes na wash! Village on my mind now (042 here i come)

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Neplusultra(f): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
kaycid77:

pls can you lecture me how to prepare it.... I need to pass the info to my wife grin wink, she does not know how to prepare it but I eat it outside
It easy, just boil ur Palm kernel seeds till they are soft,pound and use warm water little by little to extract the oil and pulp from the Palm kernel, keep extracting it till there's no more pulp in the seed, don't let it be watery, boil the oil extract in a separate pot, in another pot steam your seasoned meat and dry fish or woteva u r using very well, add the meat to the oil extract, add your ground crayfish, pepper and a local igbo seasoning we call (Ogiri okpe)dats wot gives it dat local taste den finally, slice ur scent leaf and add! Dats all!

1 Like

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by kobe79: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Dry fish, Scent leave, "Ogili" , Crayfish, Pepper, Maggi, Salt and Meat/Fish

is that all?? the main tin kwanu?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe Akwu 101%!!!!
Tomato what?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lilimax:
Tell me something.
Abeg how many people have died from eating Ofe Akwu embarassed

Not Ofe Akwu in particular but foods with high cholesterol. Unfortunately, there are no reliable data base to collect statistics on cardiovascular related mortality rate in Nigeria. However, let me tell this little story about a friend in Nigeria who was fortunate to go for medical check up in the US even though he was not feeling sick but obsessed with high BP. His lab result, the first he has ever had, showed that his cholesterol level - LDL (Bad one) was astronomically high. And he has been walking around with it all this while without knowing it! Cholesterol can build up in the bloodstream and eventually block the arteries. Do you know what that means? So, he was further referred for ECG (EKG) which revealed that part of his heart was malfunctioning. Finally, a cardiovascular sonographic exam was done which confirmed a condition know as atherosclerosis.

Whether this was caused by Ofe Akwu is another issue. The truth is that Ofe Akwu is a pot of excessively high cholesterol delicacy. Moderation is the watchword but staying away is the key. Optimal health achieved by making healthy food choices should be the goal of everyone who want to live life to the fullest.

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jaypea98:

You have eaten it too please how was it?

The taste is in the eating
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by adconline(m): 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jeez2:
Ofe akwu with all pleasure,tomato stew been triggering malaria since 1960
Stop selling idiocy.. Malaria has no correlation with food.. Malaria is caused by Anopheles mosquito as vector! BTW, pear and bournvita don't cause malaria!!

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by omarhlichanwa: 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
Any other ofe akpu is a counterfit
Freenzy2k:
Ofe Akwu

Stew
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_lSoNmvKzT8qoCxM6YLCvIVN6kSDLldPAPa8ZHqtgTcLcbiBhYKiaPrCK[/img]

Which do you prefer with white rice?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
adconline:

Stop selling idiocy.. Malaria has no correlation with food.. Malaria is caused by Anopheles mosquito as vector! BTW, pear and bournvita don't cause malaria!!

Lol. Some of the dumbest things I have heard. Beer, cooked groundnut . . . , and list continues.

1 Like

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jhayeahsam01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
I prefer
egusi soup
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freenzy2k:
Ofe Akwu

Stew
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_lSoNmvKzT8qoCxM6YLCvIVN6kSDLldPAPa8ZHqtgTcLcbiBhYKiaPrCK[/img]

Which do you prefer with white rice?
Pls guys, av neva tasted ofe akwu al my life, even if am 4rm d east... Is it sweet.? Nd wat is it made up of?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
adconline:

We knw mr biologist. Bt hw sure ar u dt ofe akwu dnt contain sulphadoxine nd prymethamine,quinine,or chloroquine??
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Funkychic(f): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
tonero230:

And because you knw and can cook my favourite,i would like to meet your parents

And that's really funny cheesy
tonero230:

And because you knw and can cook my favourite,i would like to meet your parents

And that's really funny, I must say
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by refreshrate: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Unfortunately, the reality is that life expectancy is on the decline in Nigeria, due mainly to preventable diseases. Ones choice of food being one of the main culprit. We are living in information age, our predecessors did know better that is why they invented that pot of high cholesterol delicacy. It is not just about "talk" as you stated, but for those of us that literally see the effect of poor diet in the body systems on daily bases, nothing could be so alarming. Health maintenance is way better than treatment of disease. Yes, we know that something must kill a man however, death is just the end process. The most difficult stage is the struggle to live during the disease process. The pain, discomfort, fear of what is going to happen next, exhaustion from financial stress, inability to function in ones favorite activities and job are some of the challenges to consider. What you eat is a precursor to your health. The bottom line remains that one can still eat and enjoy other alternative healthy food and live an optimal life free of disease.

Maybe you're right for me I believe its the stress that causes most of what you said above.

Good food is what sustains us.

Wifey too goes on about oil salt blah blah abeg Wetin person go come chop?

When she's not around cest la vie I don't hesitate to indulge myself to the max!

See were leaving the issue. I need this ofe akwu abeg.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Dexema(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe akwu is a rice killer anytime any day,ofe-akwu on point Jare.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by tonero230(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Funkychic:

And that's really funny cheesy
And that's really funny, I must say
I'm death serious.Well i'm Tony,u?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
Pls guys, av neva tasted ofe akwu al my life, even if am 4rm d east... Is it sweet.? Nd wat is it made up of?

Bro dont know where to begin sha buh the truth be say i try ofe akwu once you will def hate tomatoe stew for life.. its kinda palm nut soup. the soup is like banga soup
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Neplusultra:
It easy, just boil ur Palm kernel seeds till they are soft,pound and use warm water little by little to extract the oil and pulp from the Palm kernel, keep extracting it till there's no more pulp in the seed, don't let it be watery, boil the oil extract in a separate pot, in another pot steam your seasoned meat and dry fish or woteva u r using very well, add the meat to the oil extract, add your ground crayfish, pepper and a local igbo seasoning we call (Ogiri okpe)dats wot gives it dat local taste den finally, slice ur scent leaf and add! Dats all!

CC chessboard

Waoo just like that, almost how to start preparing banga soup....but I dont know this Ogiri Okpe, which plant is it gotten from....whats the general name in the market
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
Fhemmmy:
Is the Ofe Akwu a draw soup?
Damn, i wish i never opened this thread, cos now my stomach is fighting me for some food.
Nope its similar to banga soup.. almost d same
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
kaycid77:

CC chessboard

Waoo just like that, almost how to start preparing banga soup....but I dont know this Ogiri Okpe, which plant is it gotten from....whats the general name in the market

This your question is funny sha. Ok, Ogiri is fermented grind melon seeds that have been left to decay over time.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freenzy2k:

Nope its similar to banga soup.. almost d same

Thank you so much . . . Looks so good, wont mind to add some ogbono to it to eat Akpu.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by refreshrate: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

This your question is funny sha. Ok, Ogiri is fermented grind melon seeds that have been left to decay over time.

Na here wahala wan start.

E be like person wey go see herbalist begin ask for list.
Where you wan get teeth of pigeon from?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by kene05(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofeakwu, all the way... Even the yorubas don fall in love with am, all dis mamaput dem wey dey sell am dey on dough now, especially as tomatoes cost.. Ofeakwu anytime jare

1 Like

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by adconline(m): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
We knw mr biologist. Bt hw sure ar u dt ofe akwu dnt contain sulphadoxine nd prymethamine,quinine,or chloroquine??
Consult ur village oracle who told to use salt-bath to stop Ebola cos Google is a new kid on the block.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:

Are you kidding me? Are those parasites/pathogens to cause malaria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Farmer Grows Multi-coloured Corn (Pictures) / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating / Surprising Ways To Enjoy Nigerian Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.