Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew (27552 Views)

See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / How I Eat With My Tomato Stew Before Vs How I Eat Now(pic) / How To Prepare Banga (ofe Akwu) Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Thank you so much . . . Looks so good, wont mind to add some ogbono to it to eat Akpu.

Hmmm you wanna mess the soup up? please dont try that abeg
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
Freenzy2k:

Hmmm you wanna mess the soup up? please dont try that abeg

Thanks for the advice, i just love the look of that soup - It looks so loaded with meat, damn.., what do i eat that with, rice?
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by adconline(m): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Are you kidding me? Are those parasites/pathogens to cause malaria?
U dey mind him? That means that ofe akwu is best ACT for malaria!
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Are you kidding me? Are those parasites/pathogens to cause malaria?
Malaria is caused by plasmodium species,which are;falciparum,ovale,vivax,malariae... But wat i mentioned above are antimalaria content NOT parasites or pathogen..so i was asking if u?re sure dat ofe akwu does nt contain dose component....thank you!
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Awesome01(m): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe Akwu is better by far.

Please who sabi prepare the Ofe Akwu, please teach me abeg
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
Malaria is caused by plasmodium species,which are;falciparum,ovale,vivax,malariae... But wat i mentioned above are antimalaria content NOT parasites or pathogen..so i was asking if u?re sure dat ofe akwu does nt contain dose component....thank you!

Seriously, if you don't mind, would you connect the dots between your mention of those anti-malaria and Ofe Akwu. I just want to be sure that we are still on the same page in this discussion. Thanks in advance.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by guente02(m): 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
tonero230:

Mgbeke
Danbanza kawai
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Seriously, if you don't mind, would you connect the dots between your mention of those anti-malaria and Ofe Akwu. I just want to be sure that we are still on the same page in this discussion. Thanks in advance.
A chemist wil explain dat...(synthesis of drugs from organic compounds such as palmittic acid which is a major component of ofe akwu.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
adconline:

U dey mind him? That means that ofe akwu is best ACT for malaria!
baba i no talk am ooo... M jst assuming as a chemist
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
adconline:

Consult ur village oracle who told to use salt-bath to stop Ebola cos Google is a new kid on the block.
Understand english b4 u quote... i ask a question if...., i neva concluded dat ofe akwu cure malaria.thanks
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
A chemist wil explain dat...(synthesis of drugs from organic compounds such as palmittic acid which is a major component of ofe akwu.

So what you made was a hypothetical statement. But such claims / assumptions which are not considered facts lack merit and can not be used as premise or assertion for that which is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Evanscoth(f): 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
I no fit shout

My native ofe akwu with scent leaves, Dry fish( my hubby calls it enuf school boys), correct parts of meats.

Note: The palmfruit has to be fresh so the soup won't be sticky in d tongue.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

So what you made was a hypothetical statement. But such claims / assumptions which are not considered facts lack merit and can not be used as premise or assertion for that which is true.
You?re on point bro, its jst hypothesis NOT FACT
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
baba i no talk am ooo... M jst assuming as a chemist

Chemist? but scientist do not assume, they work with empirical evidence from experimentation. Worst case, they make educated guess by hypothesizing which they try to debunk before making any public statements.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by leonshom(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
[Which culture or tribe is it coming from? I have never heard about it but it really looks good on d pix ! quote author=debbie post=36393486]hehehehehehe dont just go there.OFE AKWU ALL THE WAY
Those in support abeg click like cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ofe akwu prepared with cow leg,correct dry fish and well boiled white rice.
Then a glass of juice to water it down....when you are done you will find yourself in disney world grin[/quote]
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Jamesrock(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Chemist? but scientist do not assume, they work with empirical evidence from experimentation. Worst case, they make educated guess by hypothesizing which they try to debunk before making any public statements.
Open ur cerebrum and understand english b4 quoting me... Asking a question is different 4rm making a fact
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by sonnie10: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
Open ur cerebrum and understand english b4 quoting me... Asking a question is different 4rm making a fact

If my memory would help, what was that your question again? Does Ofe Akwu contain anti-malaria agent?. Next time just say brain, cerebrum is just a part involved in the multifaceted process of understanding.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by taadaa: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Igbo says when you see soup, then you make the eba. In this case when you see the ofe akwu, you go boil the rice. cry

1 Like

Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Revolva(m): 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe akwu.....kai e to de delicious
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by adconline(m): 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jamesrock:
Understand english b4 u quote... i ask a question if...., i neva concluded dat ofe akwu cure malaria.thanks
I'm not all that a dunce not to know the difference btw a compliment and a jab.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for the advice, i just love the look of that soup - It looks so loaded with meat, damn.., what do i eat that with, rice?
Yea
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by swiffy(f): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ofe akwu of course. especially wen prepared with scent leave, dry fish n goat meat hmmmmmm very yurmmicious
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by iiiyyyk(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2015
. OFE AKWU FOR EVER

. GOD BLESS THE IGBO NATION.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by tonero230(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2015
guente02:
Danbanza kawai
Akanagori
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by mistersle3m(m): 9:26am On Jul 30, 2015
Ofe akwu(champions league ) na for winners jare! Tomato stew(carling cup) na consolation price
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Umuchoke(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
The Op cleverly made the ofe akwu's picture look bigger so it would appear more attracting than the other. I like red stew
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
jaybee3:

Offering to cook me some as well?

Today is my day mehn

cheesy
Honestly? My sister is the wow cook
Cheers
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
emmyrichie:

Aww... What could be your reason? Or is it that you don't like fresh fishes at all?

I do not like fresh fish!
Shivers
...however I can eat it smoked, roasted, fried ...the more burnt it it, the more palatable it is
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by Ewuro4: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2015
I must look for that kernel to achieve that distinctive taste.
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by nuges1(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2015
refreshrate:

Should i thank God for not answering your prayers?
yes ooo
Re: Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew by nuges1(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=mamafunky post=36393997][/quote] you want make i die? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Farmer Grows Multi-coloured Corn (Pictures) / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating / Surprising Ways To Enjoy Nigerian Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.