Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Photoshop Questions And Answers. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photoshop Questions And Answers. (1877 Views)

Neco 2011 Questions And Answers Are Been Hacked,call Now To Get It / Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. / Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photoshop Questions And Answers. by tallnaijaf: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
Just thought I would start this topic, given my current experience.

I have some time on my hands, so I decided to see how much Photoshop I could learn. I am starting from scratch.
Since its a self taught project, I am sure I will have many question and am hoping the Gurus
here will help with the answers.

Other persons am sure, will have questions that will also need answers.
With all that said, here is my question:

I made a layer and have it as a background, color Black. I did a circle selection, and want to put that selection as Grey and a new layer. how do i get it done?
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by namzo(m): 10:35am On Mar 17, 2009
Create a new layer (ctrl+shift+n), change ur foreground/background color by clicking on it, then fill the selection with your foreground or background color wit alt+del or ctrl+del (that is if u used the marquee tool). If it's a path, just right click & fill path.
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by tallnaijaf: 4:40am On Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the response.
haven't tried it yet, too busy
but i appreciate the reply.

I got Photoshop cs3 and cs4
with a raft of video tutorials and exercises
but believe its easier to get answers to specific questions.

If you are familiar with the Kelby tutorials on Photoshop
you would know what i mean.
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by ndgfx(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
I'd like for this to be a permanent topic, so that anyone with photoshop questions and requests can come over here and ask without the fear of intimidiation by the 3d and 2d guys, i've got about 7 years of experience in design (and ppl are surprised that i'm just 23) and i'd be happy to answer most the qstions as helpfully as i can.

let's do this

my blog is www.0defiant.

safe
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by emmakc(m): 2:46am On Mar 21, 2009
After drawing a panel cartoon in corel draw12, i exported it and imported it into photoshop. While trying to paint, i noticed that it never blended well, and alsn my brush marks always crossed the edges. What is the best way to paint? Emmakchinedu@yahoo.com, 2348020373341 2347033256154
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by namzo(m): 9:37am On Mar 24, 2009
@nd.gfx: I agree. This topic will be useful for photoshop users. I will also render any assistance i can. I checked out your site & i'd luv to see more of your designs.

@tallnaijaf: i hope my reply was clear. when i post with my phone, i tend to shorten everything wink

@emmakc: I'm not that good with painting in PS. I takes patience especially when one doesn't have a tablet. For the brush marks crossing the edges; ctrl+click on your drawing layer, then ctrl+shift+I to invert selection, then press delete. Hope that helps?
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by codename47(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2009
@nd.gfx
I see what u mean,and am in total agreement,will be cool to av a place to run to for help.Will be dropping in to learn too.
Hola.
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by OKX(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2009
@ emmakc

post ur panel so it can be an interactive session.
there are various ways to paint, depending on the artist, but loosely, most methods involve:

cleaning up ur ink layer using various tools- curves, levels, thresholds etc.
placing it as the topmost layer
setting that ink layer mode to multiply and locking it
creating various layers underneath the ink layer for the painting
using the lasso tool/magic wand etc, to define the area to paint

ur brush strokes will exceed the boundaries if u dont define the selection u wish to work on.
but like i said, if ur a newbie, post ur image- for a step-by-step tutorial. or check out various painting tutes online.

good luck.
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by pdidi(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2009
Pls,kindly post d link to these photoshop tutorial sites-thanx!
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by namzo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
For newbies in digital painting, check out:
http://www.keetee.com/how-to-digitally-paint-in-photoshop-with-a-drawing-tablet-developing-technique/
http://www.keetee.com/how-to-digitally-paint-in-photoshop-with-a-drawing-tablet-showcase/

For general tuts/inspiration:
pixel2life.com
psdtuts.com
smashingmagazine.com
abduzeedo.com
line25.com
bitblogr.com
mashable.com
noupe.com

there are a lot of sites that cover various topics in design. Just google it.
Re: Photoshop Questions And Answers. by emmakc(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2009
I got u man. D tin is dat i use my phone

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start A Printing Press / Job Vacancy: Graphic / Layout Designer / Hyper Realistic Artworks That Are Hard To Believe Aren’t Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.