Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date (61710 Views)

Nigerian Changes Chewing Gum's Expiry Date / Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food / 3 Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Franchise21(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
kkk
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by osimataylor(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Very informative.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
In Nigeria, this things might not apply. Are SON doing their job effectively. A typical producer in naija could be using the real Expiry Date as Best Before Date.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Vivly(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thank God it's best before that's written on Gala.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Educative.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Chai!!... all those Gala I've thrown away cos BB date embarassed

Haha, me too. Even tho the sellers insist that its still safe to eat but I'd be forming "educated person" they were right after all embarassed
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by liveexoticfish: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
Huuuu mmmmm Grammar and Oyinbo language whala
May GOD SWT will save us from chop chop chemical call it food for us BB and Ex date whala
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Georgekyrian(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
In that case, we ought to have expiry date after best before date..?

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Firevinci(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
gala, juice, tomato I no fit eat them ED or BB

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by icekoko(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
All this one na Englishn Best before and Expiry date to me are same no need sugar coating it. I won't risk it Biko especially on Drugs my Health is Paramount.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
LieDetector:
I swear I'm guilty of taking the two terminologies to mean the same thing. I feel like turning back the hands of time so I can get to recover all the beverages I've been throwing away as a result of this gross ignorance.

But trust me wink. I ain't gonna disclose this to my friends. I'm gonna use this piece of information to my advantage grin. You understand that right? wink

Totally grin
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Lexusgs430: 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Wow. Thanks for reminding me, put some gala in the freezer 2 months ago.
Time the periodically munch my way through them!!!
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
icekoko:
All this one na Englishn Best before and Expiry date to me are same no need sugar coating it. I won't risk it Biko especially on Drugs my Health is Paramount.

Drugs have expiry date not BB DATE lol
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Lexusgs430: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
icekoko:

And not forgetting the icedkoko, once it's expired time to pour down the gutter!!!!
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eyekandi:

Haha, me too. Even tho the sellers insist that its still safe to eat but I'd be forming "educated person" they were right after all embarassed

Azzin ehn grin
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by viktor01(m): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
Very informative. But d message was passed within the first few lines of the piece, the voluminous remnants were just reiterations.
I didn't bother 2 read though.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by importexpert(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
sd
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Lexusgs430: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eyekandi:

Does your eye candy have expiry or best before date?
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by fako1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
Naija no dey ever carry last.

Batch No:
Mfg Date:
Best Before: 2 weeks

And we have bodies like National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and Consumer Proctection Council (CPC) as ministries in this country of ours?

Well! Wat doesnt kill you.................
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Vivly:
Thank God it's best before that's written on Gala.

All Best Before galas, that have passed their safe chopable date, straight to your address
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by BashMe1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
[size=15pt]In Nigeria, it is of high importance that u perceive Best Before (BB) as Expiry Date... Lemme remind u again, This Is Nigeria, where anyfin happens.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by talktofemi: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
barry40:
Some items has just 'manufactured date'. This leaves consumers with not enough information to start guessing what the expiry date will be. A good example is 'tyres'

All tyres have expiry date.

If only you can decipher the code it is written in. Am not talking of *b* tyres o.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by shalomm: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

grin grin grin grin grin grin agbaya grin grin grin na joke oooo
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Does your eye candy have expiry or best before date?

Eye candy is honey No expiry nor BB date tongue
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by ayandee: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
insightful piece! I've never considered this. Thanks.
Calebosko:
Most times when we walk into big malls,
boutiques, supermarkets, we never
question their prices. We pay exactly what
we see on the price tags and even hand
out tips to the staff. But the moment we
are out of these shops and want tobuy
banana, our bargaining game gets off to
the roof. . Poor widow with 12 hungry
children at home tells you banana is N100.
She even takes out her time to explain
how difficult it wasfor her to even buy it,
how the economy is so tough. But we
insist that if it's not N50, we are not
paying. Some of us even step back into our
cars and make to drive away. . But because
'half bread is better chin chin', this woman
is forced to call you back and sell to you at
little or no gain. In her heart, she cries,
she's worried about how she'll survive
with her children. She silently reassures
herself that 'It's well. God will definitely
provide.'' While you happily chop the
luscious banana. . Take some seconds out
and think about this, guys. Please don't
bargain hard with small vendors like this.
They do business not to buy designer
bags, Gucci shoes but to LIVE and EAT!
Have a luvly week ahead.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
adonbilivit:
I will rather throw the gala away. best before indicates when the quality of the goods cant be trusted again. so u want to risk your life cos of 50 naira gala? u even did the INTRO on this your own post. INTROvert u did not do the intro, why?
chai grin grin
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by princeFAD: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks op for the info. This once caused a serious argument between me and my elder brother. He was of the opinion that best before means 'not suitable for consumption beyond that date' While I had contrary view. I told him that best before doesnt mean ' not suitable for consumption beyond that date' My brother wont agree to my view. I almost got a dirty slap from him
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by talktofemi: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
BashMe1:
[size=15pt]In Nigeria, it is of high importance that u perceive Best Before (BB) as Expiry Date... Lemme remind u again, This Is Nigeria, where anyfin happens.[/size]

Totally on point.

Naija where manufacturers pushes forward the BB and expiry dates way beyond the actual.

Better not to consume sef when those dates printed is near.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Lexusgs430: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Eyekandi:

Eye candy is honey No expiry nor BB date tongue

Can I be the hive for the Eyekandi or Eye Candy?
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by jaymichael(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
I have known this tey tey.
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Emyogalanya: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
if food items becomes poisonous after expiration what becomes of insecticide after it expires does it become milk how can poison expire into poison again nafdac safe guarding the pockets of our corrupt govt
Re: Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date by Ajikpako: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) / Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.