Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (2031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3427252 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
habib55:
tanx alot....if i correct it on my profile will d change b effective immediatly and will i also be able 2 print a new green card with d new name arrangement.tanx

Yea.. you should
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Brimmie:

smiley

[size=20]iAmBibi Hooks iAmBrimmie[/size]

Like play like play this [size=15pt]iambibi[/size] make SENSE O shocked shocked shocked

no no no no no, I go start to reason her matter, not witstanding the consequencies. This MUMY-WATER must be mine grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 11:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
justified10:
being president for one week? too short..

I will only think of what can be implemented within dat one week...policies and laws dat wouldn't take long process to get dem implemented and which would be felt by nigerians if continued.

only one thing comes to my mind, I will scrap or change the "face" of NURTW. .d union encourages thugery and laziness dat leads to insecurity and robbery...if u live in IB or lag, u will understand..

cc

logodwhiz

crobboy

Okay its cool knowing that that will make your major change when you become the President for one week. But what then happens to the ARM ROBBERS that have been displaced from their REGULAR JOB
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
amodu:
Pressy LogoDWhiz, apology for not airing my view on matters arising yet, will do so in due time. My phone is experiencing battery problem, charge it a whole day it won't leave 1 or 2 %.

Marvluv, let's meet you dear.

Eya, its a pity. Wishing your phone a speedy recovery while you prepare your Lagos analysis you promised earlier.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
CROBBOY:

Oh yes I agree partially. But these were only introduced later as strategies to curtail some contingencies that erupted in the course of the scheme, and were not the primary reason behind its introduction.

This was an extended reason not the primary reason.

[size=18pt]AIRTIME OF ANY OF THE NIGERIAN MAJOR TELCOS AWAITS WHOEVER GET THIS RIGHT[/size]
waiting for d person who will get it right.. dat is d only reason I know.

pls mention me wen u wanna disclose d answer
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jaybiz007(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
I really do have to say this. Mr CROBBOY, as much as I always appreciate your intelligent posts, I will love to implore you to kindly drop this "get a job musings". Not everyone is privileged to get a part-time job, not even a zero renumeration internship position.
I didn't write this to attack your personality, but to simply draw your attention to something that kinda reminds we the jobless pcms our not so nice condition.
Don't take this too serious bro, just here to have fun.
Happy new month to all Golden city kings and Queens.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
CROBBOY:

Okay its cool knowing that that will make your major change when you become the President for one week. But what then happens to the ARM ROBBERS that have been displaced from their REGULAR JOB
do u mean d Union workers DAT will be affected by DAT policy?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Well.. frrom the NYSC act that I read.. it was due to the civil war..
Alright. That is what the NYSC Act carries which is suitable for Public consumption. But there are other underling factors that necessitated the scheme.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
I LOVE U ALL MY e-FAM...u v a lovely april and a beautiful story to tell

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
justified10:
do u mean d Union workers DAT will be affected by DAT policy?
Both the perpetrators and the victims (the unions workers and the causative agents to the crimes they claim to be combating)
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Both the perpetrators and the victims (the unions workers and the causative agents to the crimes they claim to be combating)
really trying to understand your question...

if u mean what hapns to union workers after being scrapped...here is my answer;

they have to undergo "compuslroy rehabilitation" for dem to b useful for demsefs and d society.

this days, smoking, excessive drinking, ruggedity level and thugery are d criteria for one to become a union worker.

actually, d nurtw doesne necessarily have to be scrapped cos it generates revenue... but union workers can be forced to undergo special skills/training before being employed... it should be made to look like "FRSC" etc..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 12:07am On Apr 02, 2016
jaybiz007:
I really do have to say this. Mr CROBBOY, as much as I always appreciate your intelligent posts, I will love to implore you to kindly drop this "get a job musings". Not everyone is privileged to get a part-time job, not even a zero renumeration internship position.
I didn't write this to attack your personality, but to simply draw your attention to something that kinda reminds we the jobless pcms our not so nice condition.
Don't take this too serious bro, just here to have fun.
Happy new month to all Golden city kings and Queens.
Alright noted brother.

I HEREBY STAND TO APOLOGISE FOR ANY HUMILIATION I MAY HAVE CAUSED ON ANYONE - DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY - WITH MY CONSISTENT ACT AS STATED ABOVE. I GREATLY UNDERSTAND THAT AS MUCH AS THOSE MY ACTS OF MOTIVATION MAY BE A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION FOR SOME INTO ACTION, IT STILL REMAINS GREAT TURN OFF FOR OTHERS WHOSE ENVIRONMENTS DO NOT PROVIDES SUITABLE PLATFORMS TO LEVERAGE ON. I IMPLORE THE LATER SET OF PEOPLE TO BARE WITH ME. INSPIRING PEOPLE FOR GREATNESS IS ONE OF THE THINGS I DO FOR A LIVING.

As a point worthy of note, usually I try very much to introduce some things ONLY when I perceive discussion demands them like the quotation below:

Qutyjoice:

Yes here to have fun but at the same time our fun is becoming boring coz of NYSC ish...It z as if som pple are now working, and some are tired of aving fun here everyday.....I seriously love this thread but finding it difficult to com coz of many reasons(yu know ryt).....I love everybody infact I wish to meet y'all if possible..I promise to be coming here everyday.

# I rep GC#

#I rep GC#

CC

Y'all

Love you all!!!

Keeping GC till d real day......

Thanks for your Usual Understanding and Cooperation!

But brother, we are yet to benefit from your contribution to the discuss at hand. Please your little contribution - even if its just a PARAGRAPH - will do.

Thanks!

#OneLove!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 02, 2016
justified10:
but mesef go try do lyk obj o..

cos as a one week president, my status gatz change..

broda ya head iz deir... Status gat change even if na 30secs man dey der
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2016
tuffpivot:
broda ya head iz deir... Status gat change even if na 30secs man dey der
naso o. pple no wan knw weda na 1min u take do am, they expect much from u..especially family and friends
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:25am On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Alright. That is what the NYSC Act carries which is suitable for Public consumption. But there are other underling factors that necessitated the scheme.

Care to tell us?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Phinity318:
I LOVE U ALL MY e-FAM...u v a lovely april and a beautiful story to tell

We love u too..

And u too bro.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by iambibi(f): 12:32am On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

I absolutely share in your concerns of getting series of frustrations resulting from NYSC's inconsistent nature. I even appreciate your willingness to make productive use of your available time by getting involved in some productive venture. More grease to your elbow Dearie!

However, some of us that seem to look consistent here are HEAVILY working as well (In my own case, I work at least 9 hours a day). Its all about time management babe (and believe me when I say this is the real life after school).

[size=13pt]There are a lot of silent observers who get inspired as a result of your contributions and commitment. Do not betray them Dear.[/size]
.. Ur right,... As in for the first time i agree with you..tongue... Alryt now back to the nysc related questions.... If am to pen down the little i know about a state, tell me, what should be the necessary embracement and/or required areas of specification regarding the state.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:35am On Apr 02, 2016
iambibi:
.. Ur right,... As in for the first time i agree with you..tongue... Alryt now back to the nysc related questions.... If am to pen down the little i know about a state, tell me, what should be the necessary embracement and/or required areas of specification regarding the state.

Cost of living..
Accomodation
Foodstuffs..
Developed local govts apart from the state capital.
Viability for business.
Industries in the state.
Best places for corpers to serve.. that they can look forward to
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by iambibi(f): 12:41am On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Cost of living..
Accomodation
Foodstuffs..
Viability for business.
Industries in the state.
.. Alryt tnks........ Wait o.. Y haven't u gone to bed by now
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:46am On Apr 02, 2016
iambibi:

Lol..

Same reason as you
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 12:56am On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Care to drop tell us?

THERE WAS [size=15pt]DEFICIENCY[/size] IN THE WORK FORCE OR LABOUR MARKET

Due to the great and emerging civilization/industrialization that commenced soon after Nigerian independence, there was so much to be done with very few educated people to take up such job description/responsibilities.

As at the said time, majority of people saw education (or going to school as commonly considered) as a form of punishment/slavery from our colonial masters that were the major master minders. Most of the few who decided to get educated had to fly overseas for better opportunities which were available at their disposal. This was fuelled by the simplicity and lost cost with which Visas were been processed then.

The consequences of those actions were that the Tertiary Institutions (most of which were founded and funded through Acts) were preparing students for the workforce and local industries, only for these students to fly overseas upon graduation, or return to their normal traditional farming, leaving the Nigerian industries to suffer the fate. In some states (which I won't call names), it was as bad as having number of graduates similar to the number of fingers you have.

This led to the introduction of the compulsory NYSC scheme. As a means to make it attractive, they (Government) had to provide several incentives ranging from Peugeot 504, to houses, Beatle Car, Honda bike, etc.

THE REST CONTINUES FROM WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE SAID...

cc
justified10
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

We love u too..

And u too bro.

Thanks
Bless u
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 1:18am On Apr 02, 2016
iambibi:
HHHmmmmmm, someone's heart is beginning to soften *advising myself with a low tone*, don't be in a hurry, still continue to say yes to all her "mu-mu" talk for now, until the right time comes! grin

LogoDWhiz has done a great job with the post below. You can also include the location of the orientation camp, the cost of transportation to the camp from the state's capital and notable experiences of previous corp members.

Thanks for your Usual Cooperation!

LogoDWhiz:

Cost of living..
Accomodation
Foodstuffs..
Viability for business.
Industries in the state.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 3:53am On Apr 02, 2016
Good morning peeps, I think CROBBOY, Logodwhiz and Kbs468 brought up an idea that will be valuable to PCMs as most of us would have little or no knowledge of our states of deployment, so the few things we might have learnt here on our states deployed will gives us an expectation of what to see, so we can brace up better. I felt reluctant to put in something being a lagos boy and I'm like everybody knows Lagos now but I think I'm wrong cos of all the plenty lines I'd be writing about lagos, a line might be very invaluable to someone so I'll be writing about Lagos now, I hope someone finds it useful and anywhere I go wrong, someone should feel free to correct me cos i know a lotta peeps here knows abt lagos maybe better than I do.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fireandice(f): 4:44am On Apr 02, 2016
happy birthday to me and my twin sis......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:07am On Apr 02, 2016
jubrealguy:
Good morning peeps, I think CROBBOY, Logodwhiz and Kbs468 brought up an idea that will be valuable to PCMs as most of us would have little or no knowledge of our states of deployment, so the few things we might have learnt here on our states deployed will gives us an expectation of what to see, so we can brace up better. I felt reluctant to put in something being a lagos boy and I'm like everybody knows Lagos now but I think I'm wrong cos of all the plenty lines I'd be writing about lagos, a line might be very invaluable to someone so I'll be writing about Lagos now, I hope someone finds it useful and anywhere Ic go wrong, someone should feel free to correct me cos i know a lotta peeps here knows abt lagos maybe better than I do.

Thumbs Up brother!

Your own input will go a long way to enlighten the COMPLETELY IGNORANT mind about your state.

If we keep on working with the assumptions that 'everyone knows about this state now' , I don't think we will be heading to anywhere positive. Because you do not know what I know and what I do not know (and vice versa). So you cannot know where and how you will be relevant to me and vice versa.

Do as much as you can. Amodu is also making up something in this regards that will help cement your effort.

We are patiently waiting for your analysis Brother!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:22am On Apr 02, 2016
Fireandice:

Happy birthday Dear. Wishing you the best of your expectations!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 5:27am On Apr 02, 2016
As we all know, Lagos, a former capital of Nigeria is a very densely populated State bounded by Ogun state in the north and east, the Republic of Benin in the West and the Atlantic ocean in the south. Having one of the busiest ports in the continent, the presence of so many multibillion naira companies ranging from the oil/gas companies to construction and manufacturing companies, the presence of five star hotels and a good transportation network makes lagos the economic nerve centre of Nigeria.

Lagos state can be divided into five administrative regions; IBILE (Ikorodu, Badagry, Ikeja, Lagos and Epe division) and 20 local governments area; Alimosho (largest), Amuwo-Odofin, Ajeromi Ifelodun, Apapa, Agege, Badagry, Epe, Surulere, Mushin, Oshodi-Isolo, Ikorodu, Somolu, Kosofe, Eti Osa, Ikeja, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos Island, Lagos Mainland and Ojo. In order not to drift away from what's really needed, I'll try to be very brief and precise.

Of all the aforementioned local government areas, Epe is one place I wouldn't want a PCM to go, EPE is so dry and i wonder why it wasn't carved into ogun state, the main occupation in this region are farming, petty trading and fishing due to its proximity to water bodies, power supply is not epileptic but ZERO. Most hinterlands in Lagos are in EPE, from ketu-ejinrin, ilara, ibonwon, odo-iragushi, igboye, mojoda etc, the positives that can be drawn from this particular place is the very low cost of living, the availability of the best garri u can ever taste and a very quiet and serene environment. I schooled in this place for 6yrs (boarding school tho) and it's where I hail from so i know what I'm saying. Ibeju lekki is a closer local government to Epe, better but still developing

Lagos Island and eti osa local government, aside from being surrounded by water, are the exact opposite of Epe. These areas house headquarters of top banks in the country, chevron, Arab contractors and so many many construction companies, 5 star hotels, expensive clubs, beaches. Plenty plenty enjoyments and beautiful memories awaits you if you have real money to spend as everything here is very expensive and on the high side, this is where you find most celebrities living and the high and the mighty of our society. The positives; get posted to one of this firms and work as hard as u can (yes hardwork still pays) and u can be retained by this mega companies.

Ikeja being the capital is a very expensive place to live in also, mega hotels like sheraton and so many clubs, trust me,this place is Igbaladun too if you have your money (remember ur 19,800 is nt money) as a CM, I'd love to be posted here cos everywhere is just so full of government parastatals, from courts, police stations, army barracks to secretariats (who doesn't like govt job) and also ikeja houses the ever mighty computer village (every electonics, phones and other gadgets can be fixed here, they want to fix u sef if it were possible)

Places like Oshodi-Isolo, Somolu, Agege, Ifako ijaiye, Ojo, Amuwo odofin(Lagos owners, they claim) kosofe, Mushin, ajeromi ifelodun, Surulere (another mini ikeja), Ikorodu (developing with godspeed), Alimosho are just there, moderately expensive and so much fun are there too. Badagry is not too far from Epe in terms of livelihood but it's closer to the border, foods are cheap here too. Apapa is also a good place to be and it's a place where manual labour thrives, there is money in apapa if u r strong enough to work.

I can't really say much about the business part but I know everything sells in lagos, interpersonal relationships and hardwork is key to living well in lagos.

NB: if u find urself walking the streets of mushin and oshodi, don't just trust the man beside u....even as a MUSHIN boy, somebody shook my hands in oshodi and said up man u, before i know it, my galaxy s5 was gone......owo oniru, owo oniyo.

LAGOS FOR ALL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 5:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Fireandice:
Happy birthday to you dear, wishing you a perfect health, a long life and plenty plenty money to live with. Have fun.........it's ur day
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 6:05am On Apr 02, 2016
justified10:
really trying to understand your question...

if u mean what hapns to union workers after being scrapped...here is my answer;

they have to undergo "compuslroy rehabilitation" for dem to b useful for demsefs and d society.

this days, smoking, excessive drinking, ruggedity level and thugery are d criteria for one to become a union worker.

actually, d nurtw doesne necessarily have to be scrapped cos it generates revenue... but union workers can be forced to undergo special skills/training before being employed... it should be made to look like "FRSC" etc..

I share in your opinion that it doesn't have to be scrapped and it generates revenue, to buttress your point, most of our transport workers(drivers and conductors to be precise) are uneducated, uncivilised.....most of them from the deep hinterlands in the southwest are rugged, thuggish, obstinate and at times vicious, and how do we get these people to pay their taxes, generate revenues from them, I guess it's a case of using their likes on them. An educated person can't walk up to this people asking for money, he might be killed with his well knotted tie. Scrapping them (Union workers aka agbero) off the road only aggravates the unemployment situation of the country, thereby throwing our safety into the wind
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 6:09am On Apr 02, 2016
iambibi:
I guess my queen is still sleeping, rest well because it's gon b a beautiful Saturday.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fireandice(f): 6:37am On Apr 02, 2016
thanks dear
jubrealguy:
Happy birthday to you dear, wishing you a perfect health, a long life and plenty plenty money to live with. Have fun.........it's ur day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.