Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations (29876 Views)

Port Harcourt, Warri Refineries Producing 7m Litres/per Day Of PMS – Kachikwu / Kaduna, Warri Refineries Shut Down Over Pipeline Attack. / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by azimibraun: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Who built the Refinaries in the first place? Would any normal Nigerian have even questioned GEJ if he had built a brand new Refinary in Bayelsa? That's as free as he was and did nothing sensible with that opportunity.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by PassingShot(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
sonnie10:

Any time I hear the bold part, I always take cover first. You never can tell when they are about to act.
Alhamdulillah.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Kenobus: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
idolda:
Thank you GEJ
May God bless you for saying the truth. Even Buhari said didn't do anything there

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Petrol is 110 naira per litre in Port Harcourt.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by drunkenmaster: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It's GEJ's achievement.

Buhari can revive a refinery in two months but he can't stop Boko Haram or salvage the naira's abysmal plunge?

The same Buhari that has been more outside the country than in it?

The one whose only achievement is updating pictures?

You are a clown even clowns would deny.

Illiterate

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by azimibraun: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
The same Energy applied to building 7 new universities we really ddnt need at that time should have been employed to fixing and building Refineries that we needed so badly. Subsidy Money was so blinding I guess.. Deziani as far as am concerned is an Enemy of the State and a big hater of GEJ. She ruined a gentleman.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by damiloladuke1: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
that's a good news to hear tonight and I keep wondering where the go-slow phrase originated from . kudos TI the present administration. And I want to believe they will do more.

MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY on www.wenogetjob.com

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Kenobus: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
This is part of the dividends by GEJ. Imagine if he was around to commission them! God will be kind to GEJ

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by M4gunners: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
GEJ Legacy.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by frontwave(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Body language indeed...even his hausa.
language cannot get us necessary assistance we needed from the US...APC reaping from where they did not sow
ECOTERRORS:
Which body language? Does his body language need an electric shock to stop BH killings
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by azimibraun: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thesonofmark the day you will make sense will be the day Shekau and ISIS surrender will apologize to the world and you know how much the world can't wait for that day to come, that's how much I can't wait for you to make sense.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Lokogoma: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It's GEJ's achievement.

Buhari can revive a refinery in two months but he can't stop Boko Haram or salvage the naira's abysmal plunge?

The same Buhari that has been more outside the country than in it?

The one whose only achievement is updating pictures?

You are a clown even clowns would deny.

are u kidding, the same refinery that was idle for six years?

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by sonnie10: 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
PassingShot:

Alhamdulillah.

Just that drastic time needs drastic measure. No offense.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by specco(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
sunnyanet:
I wonder when PMB started the project in 2014. Yeye dey wuzz

Soon they will come out to take credit for the improved Power supply since June. Gej has put everything in place and they are merely manifesting now...the Railway revolution, the Power sector, the Refinery, Agriculture,he nearly wiped out Bokoharam before he handed over but unfortunately the succeses were mismanaged and the Boko villains came back like never before.
Gej is a silent achiever unlike the noise making Apc.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by najoke: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
anonimi:
Thanks to the investment made in Turn Around Maintenance and paid for by our hero of democracy and TRANSFORMER of our generation, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Let us hope that Buhari does not CANCEL this progressive work as he did in the past shocked

Hello DumbDumb....election is over...wake up from ur sleep.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by smsshola(m): 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
If there is anything I av learnt that matter most in ur dealing with fellow men is your INTERGRITY... The achievement may be that of GEJ I am not sure... but this day it seem the fear of Buhari alone as no nonsense man is the beginning of effectiveness and efficiency.

This integrity make a saint among is fellow naija politician that even the opposition said he is the only clean man in APC. No wonder they can't find anything against him during the election campaign.

I envy you on this Buhari.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by deji68: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has announced that the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries have been successfully re-streamed after a nine-month rehabilitation exercise conducted by its in-house engineers and technicians.

The national oil firm said the phased rehabilitation programme, which started in October 2014 after the required funding stream was established, created a 70 per cent reduction in costs which helped largely in mitigating the financing challenges of refinery rehabilitation.
i think the aim of rehabilitating any ssytem is to make it work.... thank GEJ for starting it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

PassingShot:
Alhamdulillah. Thank God for delivering us from PDP's pledge of 2016.

I stand by it that had GEJ won the election, our refineries wouldn't be working even in 2016. It's a route we have traveled many times with GeJ/NNPC.

How can a govt that said it categorically in March 2015 that refineries can't work earlier than 2016 now lay claim to this achievement?

PMB's no nonsense is what made NNPC to put its acts together. Good name is better than gold and diamond.
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Kingspin(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
PassingShot:

I stand by it that had GEJ won the election, our refineries wouldn't be working even in 2016. It's a route we have traveled many times with GeJ/NNPC.

How can a govt that said it categorically in March 2015 that refineries can't work earlier than 2016 now lay claim to this achievement?

PMB's no nonsense is what made NNPC to put its acts together. Good name is better than gold and diamond.
I dont know for u and buhari who get sense pass?

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 1009ja: 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Didn't Deziani Allison-Madueke say we will be importing petroleum products for at least the next 20 years?

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Vokians(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Let us stop all these "praise singing" and allow our leaders to focus on their duty. Shogbo?
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by anonimi: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
najoke:
[s]Hello DumbDumb....election is over...wake up from ur sleep.

Are you allegric to RELEVANT information being shared at all times

Why am I bothering with a joker like you?

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Kingspin(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
firstEVA:
Sai Buhari, the president whose body language gets things done grin
Even Boko haram attacks.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by anonimi: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
azimibraun:
Who built the Refinaries in the first place? Would any normal Nigerian have even questioned GEJ if he had built a brand new Refinary in Bayelsa? That's as free as he was and did nothing sensible with that opportunity.

I thought we pay senators and reps N27 million to approve budgets, not so

I wonder who is sensible or NOT, given this pertinent information!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529977_nass_jpeg20217b4f045ab12789674b258da46f96
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by kayzytech: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
All those people praising GEJ, am sorry to say, they have mental disorder and lack of understanding. Before late musa yaradua died we all see or feel the good work the man was doing. since ur papa GEJ entered where are the achievement. ur common sense should tells u.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by raystanley(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Let the truth be said, Gej all Way...

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by tall2ce(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
I pity d rich oil business men in this country.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by wiseoneking: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Princecalm:

http://www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-warri-refineries-commence-preliminary-operations-nnpc/
Thank God for Uncle Joe, all his works speaking after he has left. Good works continua

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by wiseoneking: 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
PassingShot:

How can a govt that said it categorically in March 2015 that refineries can't work earlier than 2016 now lay claim to this achievement? Here is the link of that promise http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/

Buhari the great magician. Building/repairing refinary under one month. GEJ IS LAUGHING AT THIS MIRACLE WORKER.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Princecalm(m): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
wiseoneking:
Thank God for Uncle Joe, all his works speaking after he has left. Good works continua
as it stands, no president can fully take credit for this
Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by 989900: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
1. The past administration's goal was not to get the refineries working.

2. According to Diezani, they were better sold off.

3. The 4 refineries needed just N99b (after as usual), but the past administration would rather spend trillions on importation of refined products, waste billions on flights and similar sorry things, while our refineries were purposefully left at averagely less than 15-20% functional capacity for years!

4. The non-working refineries meant merry business times for beneficiaries of it's near demise. From oil-swap frauds to subsidy fraud, while the rest of us bear the brunt -- from severe fuel scarcity, to drain on Forex, in effect, strangling of the Naira resulting in hyper-inflation, and ultimately impoverishment of the people.

5. The extent of GEJ's complicity is less known (at least to me).

6. The past admin would not have taken the TAM serious, nor initiate it's commencement in Oct. 2014, if the elections weren't coming up in Feb.2015 (see it's approach to Boko Haram in the build up to the elections for comparison).

7. If the past admin retained the presidency, it would have been business as usual and more of the same.
Even the earlier proposed completion date by NNPC (April, 2016), would have been nothing but some pipe dream, in lieu of this earlier completion dates -- cause 'there's a new Sheriff in town'.

8. Contrary to some comments on here, it is actually possible to complete a TAM in 30-60 days or thereabout! TAM took roughly 100 days or thereabout at the Warri refinery in 2000, even though a sizeable portion of it was also affected by fire!

9. Most of the parts needed for the TAM for the PH refinery have actually been sitting locked up in containers at the Onne port for months before now!

10. All the enumerated above are 'facts' carefully researched, vetted, and stated without any sentiment. If you do have any contrary opinion, kindly state it with facts, and not your personal opinion.
#welearneveryday

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by Desric(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
I know they'll spam this thread with their GEJ rubbish, like i'll always maintain that Nigeria's problem is just like a train, get the head right and other parts will follow without you sweating.
GEJ and his co-travellers were not ready to allow things work, not even the rifineries now that people will want to make it appear he rehabilitated· If GEJ and his PDP were very sure that they'd allow this refineries work at this pace, it would have been in their campaign headlines but because they were not sure, that's why they kept it silent, if you PMB is not the man, when last did we hear about this kind of news? By 31st of july, the Chad Basin JTF will start full operation, let me rest my case till then.
God Bless Nigeria.

Re: Port Harcourt, warri Refineries Commences preliminary Operations by jogojogo: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chei! What PDP could not achieve in 16 years, Baba achieved within two months. The PDP led Government made it look like a hopeless and impossible task.

Magu Rejected As PSC Promotes Senior Officers / N140m Official Car Lands Federal Agency’s MD In Trouble / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast