Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow (3834 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Arsenal's Victory Over Liverpool Using Apc's Slogan / PDP New Slogan Rocking The Town Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by nwosas(m): 6:54am On Mar 17, 2009
ABUJA-President Umaru Yar'Adua, will, tomorrow in Abuja, unveil the re-branding Nigeria logo and slogan, as his administration pushes to give the nation a more positive image.

Former Nigerian Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon would be chairman of the occasion which is expected to attract a cream of top government functionaries, business moguls, the diplomatic corps and media executives.

According to the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, the launch would be a major step towards changing the negative perception of Nigeria and her people both locally and internationally.

The Minister said the campaign would also target "re-orienting Nigerians, changing the negative attitudes of Nigerians, making Nigerians to believe in themselves, inculcating optimal spirit of patriotism in Nigerians and at the same time, celebrating our very best before the international community".

The minister said the core of this campaign would be a return to the cultural values of Nigerians as a people, as well as, how Nigerians see the nation.
"Countries that have excelled held on to their cultural values. Nigeria has rich and robust cultural values good enough to make the country better and to project to the world."

Unfortunately, the actions and inactions of a few of us and the skewed reportage by the international media have either tarnished our image, or mis-branded this country and that is why we want to re-claim the lost glory by re-branding our image", she said.

The Minister said the campaign would be tied to slogan and logo because to every brand, there must be an inspiring logo and slogan to drive it.
She argued that the campaign would go beyond slogan and logo and "targeted at internalising our values and developing new attitudes in the private and public life".

The federal government, she said would intensify interface with different stakeholders and the masses through Town Hall and Local Government Area Meetings, immediately after the launch with a view to creating awareness and opening up a deliberative process and feed-back mechanism to secure the buy -in of Nigerians at the grass roots.

She noted that the mass media had a key role to play by emphasising positive story about Nigeria and responsible report of what could be considered as the negative, for the campaign to succeed.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by kosovo(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2009
NO.

its today.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Mar 17, 2009
nwosas:

She argued that the campaign would go beyond slogan and logo and "targeted at internalising our values and developing new attitudes in the private and public life".
The federal government, she said would intensify interface with different stakeholders and the masses through Town Hall and Local Government Area Meetings, immediately after the launch with a view to creating awareness and opening up a deliberative process and feed-back mechanism to secure the buy -in of Nigerians at the grass roots.

Let the brainwashing of the masses, in the name of re-branding, begin!

nwosas:

She noted that the mass media had a key role to play by emphasising positive story about Nigeria and responsible report of what could be considered as the negative, for the campaign to succeed.

eeeekkk!!
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Jakumo(m): 7:41am On Mar 17, 2009
Re-Branding a failed state is a fantastic idea !    Fear of Nigerian 419 fraud will vanish like the early morning fog, just as soon that slogan and photoshopped image are unveiled to the world.   Similarly, folks like ex-president Obasanjo, who stole the entire 16 Billion dollar budgetary allocation that was intended to revive Nigeria's stone-dead electricity grid, will repent their greedy ways, refund the loot with interest, and DEMAND a life sentence in a 4 by 8 foot jail cell, so as to atone for their sins out of fear of Nigeria's newly re-branded logo and slogan.

Yes sir indeed, I foresee a time of boundless opportunity and affluence for Nigeria, thanks to the implementation of this brilliant new publicity stunt, particularly for those very lucky government contractors tasked with publicising the MODALITIES of this great idea.   For starters, ALL people resident in Nigeria must be compelled to buy T-shirts and baseball caps bearing the new logo, at a modest 1,500 US dollars each, while defaulters who claim an inability to afford that SUBSIDISED price for those items should be shot on sight by policemen and newly armed area boys.

Praise the Lord !

1 Like

Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by kosovo(m): 7:54am On Mar 17, 2009
if rebrading was the problem of Nigeria, i'd careless about complaining.
it's so pathetic to see Nigerians submitting their preferred LOGO and SLOGAN.
Nigerians should embrace REALITY instead of FANTASIS.
Rebranding doesn't change anyhting, PERIOD
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Afam4eva(m): 10:20am On Mar 17, 2009
What right does he have to rebrand nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by ElRazur: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2009
This is a waste of money and time. You cannot "rebrand" a nation when the very people of that nation are backward. What we need is "reprogramming and mass education".

Anyone remember War Against Indiscipline [WAI] back in the 80s and early 90s? Ain't it a similar venture, and what happened to that? It faded away as soon as the government regime who started the initiative moved on.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2009
why are you guys against rebranding Nigeria?
have you guys sat down and thought 'what if it works?' what if this is what Nigeria needs to kick start the economy?'

i am indifferent about the whole thing. but i dont seem to understand your gripe.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by JustGood(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2009
They should start re-branding by getting rid of idiots in Government
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by JustGood(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
How will the same old dogs who got Nigeria to its present state be allowed to say that they want to re-brand by teaching the people? I'm beginning to think that Nigeria may never progress without shedding the blood of some/most/all of these looters. angry
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by vigasimple(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
'IF YOU PUT LIPSTICK ON PIGS, IT IS STILL A PIG' , what exactly are you rebranding.

You can fool people most times but not all the times.

Rememeber that from US elections.  Until they rebrand and recycle Nigerian political leaders brain and mind, it is all waste of money, time and tactical diversion until another election comes in 2011.

To be blunt Nigeria lack leadership. Our 'servant leader' is not leading by any good example. Yar  A'dull has 7 NO POINT AGENDA. And very very very worrisome he has  NO VISION OR DIRECTION. HE IS THE CHAIRMAN OF VISIONLESS 2020 COUNCIL.

I am really sorry for Prof. Dora Akinyuli. She want to try her best among 'failed' people. I wish and hope and prayed that she does not fail, because 'a richman in the middle of poor people is poor'.

The answer to the success or failure of this 'money laundering' excercise will be out in the next 12 months.

There are so many important needs of the average nigerians. Food, water, power, good road, school and health services.

Remember, an empty stomach cannot hear any slogan or rebranding. Our Lord Jesus christ feed the people before he started to minister to them.

YAR A' FAILURE , when you do your 5 times a day prayers, ask God for directions, Vision and wisdom, some leadership and stop listening to political prostitutes who has no idea about the ordinary people and what policies other than personally enriching themselves they want to pursues.

May God in his infinite mercy give us a leader that will work sympathetically for Nigerians.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by JustGood(m): 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2009
FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, WHY ARE WE REBRANDING?

A well known bad product will remain a bad product irrespective of how well you try to rebrand it.

Why cant we just recreate Nigeria rather than trying to work on the brand. We need a good product first before we start to think of branding the product. Any lay student of marketing knows that you have to have a good product in order to build a brand.

Are these idiots insane? angry angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Jairzinho(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ENJOY DECEIVING THEMSELVES. . . . . . .

This is just another avenue to steal/waste money.

How can you rebrand a country without guaranteed power,no functioning police and tarring of road is celebrated??
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by jamace(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
Nigeria: Good people, good nation!
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Pataki: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2009
I cannot believe some silly adults will sit down in Nigeria tomorrow or whenever and think ''re-branding'' will make Nigeria better. Does this provide food, shelter, good transportation, 24 hours electricity to its citizenry? undecided

Another means to steal from the treasury of the nation all in the name of fan-fair. Two years from now, details will be emanating as how much was spent on this re-branding project. While the hungry man continues to die and suffer in the same country intended for re-branding.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Sammy107d(m): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2009
undecided nothing nothing! would bring an inch of smile to nigerians' faces, even if nigeria becomes the next super power tomorrow! I heard Akunyili's take on the idea, and it was quite pleasing. . .

You are right: Nigeria doesn't need re-branding; the misanthropic cynics called Nigerians- which I'm so unfortunate to share a title with- need re-orienting.

I live in Barbados, you'll be surprised how mediocre its systems are; but they believe in their 'farm-sized' nation, and actually think there's no better place on earth. . . and each citizen strives to keep it that way with discipline, hospitality, personal hygiene, support etc
I've come to appreciate my home too. We have an awful lot! we are just blind, and addicted to lynching politicians at any movement of their pens.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by ohaechesi(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2009
Nigeria as a nation should note this fact. the atrocity perpetuated by the past and present regime can not be eradicated by a mere re-branding Nigerian logo and slogan. the leadership should be sensitized and redirect their focus on technology. if truely ecumenisation should be the order of the day in our Nation. hence there will be no head way for a better Nigeria. power drunk and money arouse the mindset of those feasting and plundering our wealth on the corridor of epidemic regimes without a single effort of inventing a positive measure that could escalade the economy in the days like this, what a failure.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by ilaugh1: 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
As usual - the diasporians will rubbish it as not necessary.

Good stuff from the government, we support your initiative. Talking of the diasporians - their noises are vanishing because they know that the country is going in the right direction, hmmm, one day, they will become so irrelivant so much so they will all eat poison because Naija is now a great country.

Cant someone just tell them that they are no more relivant?
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by jamace(m): 5:21pm On Mar 17, 2009
Nigeria: Good people, great nation!
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Pataki: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
i_laugh:

As usual - the diasporians will rubbish it as not necessary.

Good stuff from the government, we support your initiative. Talking of the diasporians - their noises are vanishing because they know that the country is going in the right direction, hmmm, one day, they will become so irrelivant so much so they will all eat poison because Naija is now a great country.

Cant someone just tell them that they are no more relivant?

Do you mean ''relevant?''

Nigerians in diaspora are not relevant and yet Dora is working towards ''re-branding Nigeria'' in the international arena. How ironical I must say. Don't you think?

I dey laugh. grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by muda1: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
;d
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Nemeziz9ja: 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
Sammy107_d:

undecided nothing nothing! would bring an inch of smile to nigerians' faces, even if nigeria becomes the next super power tomorrow! I heard Akunyili's take on the idea, and it was quite pleasing. . .

You are right: Nigeria doesn't need re-branding; the misanthropic cynics called Nigerians- which I'm so unfortunate to share a title with- need re-orienting.

I live in Barbados, you'll be surprised how mediocre its systems are; but they believe in their 'farm-sized' nation, and actually think there's no better place on earth. . . and each citizen strives to keep it that way with discipline, hospitality, personal hygiene, support etc
I've come to appreciate my home too. We have an awful lot! we are just blind, and addicted to lynching politicians at any movement of their pens.
Mr. Barbados resident:
Why can't you just understand the realities of living in a country whose leaders are living in denial and the common man is as disenfranchised like the rest of them?
You live in Barbados and you can tell me living in Nigeria is better, right? You better buy your ticket and come back home to a better Nigeria immediately.
Barbados is one of the countries in the Caribbeans (reminds me of the post office experience again) known as a tourist destination and please tell me if what they tout as available in their country is not there on arrival? Nigeria wants to look good yet, she is wearing a torn skirt, bed wetting at 49, crapping on herself and does not even has a concrete plan of feeding herself in spite of all the resources at her disposal. The realities we have on ground here is our brand; no more, no less.
More grass to Yeah a dull Ass
Its easy to brand Kwara State as a State of Constant POWER Supply; please take your business there! and that is because they do have constant power supply and the facts define the reality.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
That’s the word, denial! Nigerian leaders live in denial and the people live as cowards. How can a plan who has barely moved a finger in almost 2 years in office have the guts to come out to claim he has been in the “planning” room all that time? LoL. How can thieves come out in public to proclaim that the problem with the country is corruption without admitting they are as guilty as can be? Why in the world would people bold-facedly open their mouths to tell others that this re-branding project, the umpteenth in a line of failed re-branding projects is the answer to Nigeria’s questions? The only re-branding project that worked was Idiagbon’s, which did not last much after he was gone. It worked because the man actually worked to change things and the people followed. He did not work to put the cart before the horse as subsequent rebrand-ers have all done, and that is why his idea worked. I wait to see how much this will cost.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Nemeziz9ja: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2009
grin Cost?
Lives and destinies that are living in utter delusion is the cost.
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by congoshine(m): 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
The man launching our new image got his mobile phone stolen at the event:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7948864.stm

Theft mars Nigerian 're-branding'
Thieves stole a mobile phone belonging to a member of a new team campaigning to improve Nigeria's image as a country riddled by crime and chaos.

Isawa Elaigwu told the launch of the "rebrand Nigeria" campaign he noticed the phone was gone minutes before he was due to address the event.

"As I was entering the gates of the conference centre I noticed I had been pick-pocketed," he said.

"This is just the sort of thing we need to fight against".

Nigeria is often seen abroad as a violent and chaotic place, full of people who use e-mail scams to cheat money out of unwitting victims.

'Most dangerous'

Its commercial capital Lagos recently topped a poll of the world's most dangerous places to work.

The Information Ministry hopes to change this bad reputation with a public relations campaign.

On Tuesday the ministry unveiled a new slogan "Nigeria: Good people, great country", and a logo.
Information Minister Dora Akunyili, who made her name as a fierce campaigner against fake drugs, said the country's reputation was unfair.

"We must shed this toga that says we are untrustworthy, unreliable and ungovernable," she said.

She admitted that the country did have real problems with poverty, corruption and infrastructure, but that wouldn't stop them trying.

"Some people say: 'Why rebrand now?' Nigeria cannot wait until its solved all its problems before addressing its image."

Better life

A better image would improve tourism and encourage businesses to invest in Nigeria, she said.

As Nigerian's own perception of themselves improved they would be less inclined to commit crime, she said.

The previous administration of President Olusegun Obasanjo had a similar campaign to improve Nigeria's image called "Heart of Africa".

Local media reported that the government spent $5.6million (£4million) on it in one year.

It was scrapped by Mrs Akunyili last year.

The minister last week promised the National Assembly the "good people great country" campaign will cost a lot less, and spending will be transparent.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Nemeziz9ja: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2009
That is our brand reality, Right?
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by jamace(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
The man launching our new image got his mobile phone stolen at the event:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7948864.stm

Abeg, let me laugh to ease tension. grin grin Oh my God!
Re: Yar'adua Unveils Re-branding Nigeria Logo, Slogan Tomorrow by Walz001: 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2022
We the youth has alot to do for the nation to make it a great nation we all admire let get our voting card ready and be of one mind ..... talk cant do anything
Dont be brainwashed
Be wise

(1) (Reply)

Does The President Have A Wallet / Vanguard Education:WAEC Scripts Marked By Students In Secondary School. lol / PHCN, NIPP Target 6873MW In 2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.