Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago (4502 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / 10 Classes Of Nigeria Driver's License / How To Authenticate Your Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2015
I went to frsc Benin office and was told I cannot renew a license expired more than 6 months,thus I have to apply for a new card with all the procedures like driving test, learners permit etc..

Please anybody with experience with renewal? Methinks the guys at the office are scam..please help
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by Stylz69(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2015
From my experience, regardless of whether you renew 6 months after expiry or a day after, you still have to go through the entire process. My license expired on the 7th of June and i went on the drivers license portal a week later and picked the renew option, i updated my data, paid the 6,950 fee and downloaded the form which still requires that you go to VIO for eye and road sign test and also for a capture. I really don't understand the need to capture finger print and photo again though but thats my experience.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
Stylz69:
From my experience, regardless of whether you renew 6 months after expiry or a day after, you still have to go through the entire process. My license expired on the 7th of June and i went on the drivers license portal a week later and picked the renew option, i updated my data, paid the 6,950 fee and downloaded the form which still requires that you go to VIO for eye and road sign test and also for a capture. I really don't understand the need to capture finger print and photo again though but thats my experience.

Am afraid my 6950 will be wasted since my card was long expired ..thanks a lot tho..

anybody else renewed a more than 6 months expired licence ?
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by hentech911: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
It is so unfortunate that we dont have standard in nigeria.
frsc dont even know their job.
every commission wants to make money by hook or by trick.....FRSC,VIO POLICE, CUSTOM, TRAFFIC POLICE, SOLDIER....
OVERLAPPING FUNCTIONS.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
i thought there 're folks offering renewals of car papers and drivers license @ the car talk section?

i'll contact them
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
Okay.it turned out the Benin frsc official wasted to scam me of 13000.
I did the drivers license renewal myself for 6350 at their office at warri..
took me 1hr from payment to data capture and to collect the temporary one. I was impressed

maybe cos a relative gave me a note to them..doesn't matter tho..the point is,it can be done...

cheers
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by chukel(m): 11:47am On Aug 08, 2015
d33types:
Okay.it turned out the Benin frsc official wasted to scam me of 13000.
I did the drivers license renewal myself for 6350 at their office at warri..
took me 1hr from payment to data capture and to collect the temporary one. I was impressed

maybe cos a relative gave me a note to them..doesn't matter tho..the point is,it can be done...

cheers
where did u pay. Did u follow the procedure advertised by frsc?
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
chukel:
where did u pay. Did u follow the procedure advertised by frsc?

yes

first I had to goto Nigeriadriverslicence.org and selected-renew and filled the form.
After submitting, I was given an option of paying with my atm card via payrena payment platform..my card wasn't registered for securecode(necessary for MasterCard hence I printed out the form without paying ,then subsequently paid at fcmb bank ,okumagba avenue

I finally went to the capture office at pti road where lots of paper work as well as biometrics capture was done and my temporary license issued.all within 1hr.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by chukel(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
d33types:

yes

first I had to goto Nigeriadriverslicence.org and selected-renew and filled the form.
After submitting, I was given an option of paying with my atm card via payrena payment platform..my card wasn't registered for securecode(necessary for MasterCard hence I printed out the form without paying ,then subsequently paid at fcmb bank ,okumagba avenue

I finally went to the capture office at pti road where lots of paper work as well as biometrics capture was done and my temporary license issued.all within 1hr.
I am having issues here with bayelsa command. I have done everything online, paid at the designated bank. Just for me to get to frsc here in yenagoa and was told I wasted my money and that they have their own procedure in yenagoa. That they don't follow online procedure. Insisted I will start afresh with them, voiding the 6350 I paid. Does anyone have their national commandant's number. You need to see how they collect up to 4k to fill the online form for people. I need help. Can't things go right fir once in this country?
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by gidjah(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
This is one d reason why i do not like wasting my time with this pple.so so cony.so sorry to say this, been driving for yrs now with no valid license,just dont like going to this guys, they must find a way to scamm o defraud or cheat.i wok with th new frsc commander in the same unit in the church, but so bad i do not have his number,really do not need it i thought.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
chukel:
I am having issues here with bayelsa command. I have done everything online, paid at the designated bank. Just for me to get to frsc here in yenagoa and was told I wasted my money and that they have their own procedure in yenagoa. That they don't follow online procedure. Insisted I will start afresh with them, voiding the 6350 I paid. Does anyone have their national commandant's number. You need to see how they collect up to 4k to fill the online form for people. I need help. Can't things go right fir once in this country?

its rubbish talk from them.. they're looking for bribes to process yours . For the capture centres in Edo state,Lagos state and the 2 capture centres in Delta, the procedure remains the same as the online part.Maybe Bayelsa is more corrupt.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by chukel(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
d33types:

its rubbish talk from them.. they're looking for bribes to process yours . For the capture centres in Edo state,Lagos state and the 2 capture centres in Delta, the procedure remains the same as the online part.Maybe Bayelsa is more corrupt.
Yea, they are very corrupt. I had to involve abuja and finally, they did it. But they still extorted 1800 from me. 1600 for VIO and 200 for data capture. Very corrupt chaps. People spend as much as 12k-15k here for licence.
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by Ditoya(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
d33types:

yes

Hello. Please could you give me the description of their office at pti? I'm having trouble understanding the one on their site. Thanks
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by d33types: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ditoya:

Hello. Please could you give me the description of their office at pti? I'm having trouble understanding the one on their site. Thanks

It's a 5mins trekkable distance from pti junction .ask anybody for revenue house or tax house..its on the same side of the road as the old original PTI building
Re: Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago by Ditoya(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
d33types:

It's a 5mins trekkable distance from pti junction .ask anybody for revenue house or tax house..its on the same side of the road as the old original PTI building
OK. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Wild Animal Found In One Of The Cars Imported From Abroad Into Ghana (Photos) / I Was Asked To Put Camphor Into My Tank. Pls Help Me / Converting Peugeot 406 From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.