Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why Education May Never Improve - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Education May Never Improve (345 Views)

How To Improve On Your Confidence... / 10 Bad Habits You Should Quit To Improve Your Life / Daily Actions That Will Improve Or Boost Your Self-confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Education May Never Improve by ifedayoifedapo(f): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2015
I write this with regret and pain in my heart. How I wish this can get to President Buhari, MTN, ETISALAT, AIRTEL and the likes.

Sometimes ago, while watching spelling bee competition for 2015, I fell in love with those kids. But to my utmost surprise, at the end of that competition, the winner got less than N200,000. Then I wondered why such a brilliant boy (the overall winner) could not get a car from Lagos State Government, N1M from MTN like they give out in beauty competitions & dancing competitions.

I became more furious this Tuesday (21st of July) when my kids had their school party.

After the end of a beauty show, where various indecent dancing steps were displayed, the school authority announced a whole session free tuition for the winner, two terms tuition free for the second position and a term free for third position .

My first observation is that none of the 3 pupils got any academic award.

To cut the long story short, my daughter, who came out as the overall second best student got just a free textbook as her prize.

No wonder every kid wants to be like wizkid.

It is high time various sponsors recognised brilliant academic performances. Only then will there be improvement to education in Nigeria.

Cc:Government, MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, OIL COMPANIES etc.
Re: Why Education May Never Improve by delishpot: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2015
Na so. Any talent that is accademic or smart isnt appreciated by people.
Watch any educational or other programs that involve developmental talents such as crafts they hardly give wortywhile prices. That is because people aka viewers dont watch or follow those shows as much as they follow Big brother.
those prize money also come from adverts which in turn depends on howmany viewers they get. The more viewers they get, the more profit they make and that in turn make the promoters stake higher prizes. So, indirectly the masses dictate the quality of the show and prizes offered.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Pls, I Want To Open A Nursing Home. / Former NIMASA DG, Former Chief Of Staff To Enugu State Under EFCC Net / My Worst Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.