Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,483 members, 7,865,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN (586 Views)

Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose / How Boko Haram’s Sex Slaves Wind Up As Sex Workers In Europe / Wali Begged Me To Share N950m In My House- Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by bugs2: 8:12am On Jul 30, 2015
An Abuja-based lawyer, Chief K.J. Gadzama (SAN) has refuted the allegations as published in a national daily that he collected the sum of N950m as legal fees from the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) to wind up the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

Reacting to the report, Gadzama in a statement, said: “While recognising the freedom of the press to publish fair and accurate reports, it is imperative that the authenticity of the reports be independently ascertained before publication.

‘The obvious defamatory context in which the newspaper has vehemently stated its views constitutes a grave professional delinquency.
‘There are core values such as respect for truth, accuracy, fairness and balance which are basic standards of journalism.

“While journalists for about a dozen media houses contacted us and the BPE to verify the allegation and eventually jettisoned the story, the Nation Newspaper decided to believe their story tellers hook, line and sinker.”

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/07/gadzama-i-didnt-collect-n950m-to-wind-up-phcn/
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by natas22: 8:12am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by ELTON123(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by INTROVERT(f): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2015
natas22:

if it's me now...
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by ikbnice(m): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

if it's me now...
you will post something...meaningful or meaningless
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by DaBullIT(m): 8:15am On Jul 30, 2015
If it is a lie , why isn't he suing the National daily for Libel ?
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2015
If you are owing them kindly pay up
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by ikbnice(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2015
I smell lies
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by fyneguy: 8:35am On Jul 30, 2015
Ok. How much did you collect?
Re: Gadzama: I Didn’t Collect N950m To Wind Up PHCN by nnachukz(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

if it's me now...
the guy beat you to the game Abi?

(1) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race / PHOTOS: Elderly Man Knocked Down By Car Along Gbagada Express Way / I Read This Thought Provoking Article On Dailytrust, &thought It Wise To Share;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.