Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports (35886 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Bonapart(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2015
tchidi:

If na for only you, make hunger kill you sef! angry angry angry
Warris my own there? undecided undecided
hmmmm..... now is not only me.... wariis your worry still wink
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by gsalvatore: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2015
Nigerian are lack of standards!

If the EU can ban the beans because of safety standards them you can imagine the beans this bastards have been passing off to the populace here.

Na Deadly Beans be that oo.

you chop kpomo na wahala.
you chop frozen chicken na wahala.
you chop banana na wahala

Anything these Farmers learn, they will take it to the extreme with regards for health and safety.

2 Likes

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2015
mirenda:

Lord how do people think so dumb like this? Did you go to school at all?

So because we do not have the sheer commom sense and capability to place restrictions on toxic products from Europe for safety concerns, they too should now accept toxic products from Nigeria?

Instead of you to be more concerned about what you eat daily in the market and how unsafe it is, you are blaming Europe and mentioning yeye trade pact.

Trade pact ko, trade pata and bra ni.

Europe has done the right thing for its citizens. Nigeria should rise and be more concerned about the health of its citizens. We should have grass root agencies and control that test all products from the farm before they enter our markets.

Thank you! Reason and sense!

People like you will be the ones to move Nigeria forward. People like the poster you replied to are the reason that despite have great resources and help and encouragement from the rest of the world Africa is not yet as developed as it should be!

But it WILL come. As education improves so to will the nonsense these idiots spout decline.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by gbishman: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2015
Very good stir, we should be self reliant and professional. Thank u Europe

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2015
XTROVAT:
Shey na by force to legalize same-sex marriage for nigeria. All this Western people looking for ways to frustrate us but after all na #GodWin

Ah you have not read the issue. NOBODY is promoting same sex marriage in Naija! Who tells you these lies and what semi literate fools believe them?

The CIVILIZED world simply disapproves of evil, ignorant and savage repression of minorities for no good reason.

In any case this has nothing to do with your sub standard beans!

Can you not understand I DONT WANT TO EAT PESTICIDE!

Just fix the problem which YOU were warned about for over the last 2 years instead of engaging in false fantasies to excuse the laziness, stupidity and greed of your suppliers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Israel5(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2015
folabayo1:
At least we go get enough to go round undecided
hehe. U confam
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Revolva(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2015
Hey na wa ooo why is nigeria becomin a setback
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by millionaireman: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2015
Europe loves Africa - no be small. Lol. Asian countries shall take those banned items into Europe - no qualms.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by loomer: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2015
lexy2014:
its actually d other way around since these items originally meant 4 export will complement those meant 4 local consumption. Its d income of d exporters d ban will affect

Yea I understand, but I was referring to people who live outside nigeria
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feranmicharles(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2015
shangodele:
How?
cause we consume it more than other tribes
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feranmicharles(m): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2015
mirenda:

Are you ok?

We are talking about health implications here you are mentioning yoruba. Is that all you can think of in this occurrence?
Shame on you!

If Europe can ban this stuff cuz of pesticides then that means we that consume this stuff in Nigeria are consuming harzadous pesticides and nothing is being done about it.

May God help this nation Nigeria. Only God can help this country from all these rubbish.
I don't like insultsembarassed abeg no be dis same oil ur papa mama dey chop? Wetin do dem? Do you even know that palm oil in some is being used as antidote
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by lexy2014: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2015
loomer:

Yea I understand, but I was referring to people who live outside nigeria
There are other markets. Am sure it won't b a problem
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feranmicharles(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Btruth:
how do you mean?
whenevr my S/F wants to travel out,days before his departure he'd freeze the palm oil he's going with,and wrap deep it inside garri. Why?cause palm oil isn't allowed there and he can't eat without palm oil,like preparing soup with groundnut oil,he dislikes itembarassed so that's why
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by loomer: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2015
lexy2014:
There are other markets. Am sure it won't b a problem

But if with the products being expensive while nigeria was exporting, u should know the prices will increase if one exporter is removed from the list.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by lexy2014: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2015
loomer:

But if with the products being expensive while nigeria was exporting, u should know the prices will increase if one exporter is removed from the list.
hmmm...makes sense
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by olamega(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2015
most ppl are getting unnecessarily political/sentimental about this issue without being reasonable. If you read the article at all you will see where they said they issued their complain/warning about fifty times between 2013 and 2015 !. Being a scientist i know how bad food poisoning can be, not to talk of aflatoxin food poisoning. this does not even needs rocket science to understand. just google aflatoxin and check the history, how it killed many people in europe and stop blabbing.
Now instead of us to worry about ourselves and feel sorry for consuming substandard food from our own source. Instead of us to hold the regulatory bodies accountable. Instead of us to sit tight . all i see are sentiments

5 Likes

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by ApexTitan(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2015
mirenda:

Are you ok?

We are talking about health implications here you are mentioning yoruba. Is that all you can think of in this occurrence?
Shame on you!

If Europe can ban this stuff cuz of pesticides then that means we that consume this stuff in Nigeria are consuming harzadous pesticides and nothing is being done about it.

May God help this nation Nigeria. Only God can help this country from all these rubbish.

Actually the pesticides and toxic compounds are applied to the produce marked for export, it's stated in the OP.

The pesticide is applied when the products are being prepared for export.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by loomer: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2015
lexy2014:
hmmm...makes sense

Thank u sir for the insight too
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2015
millionaireman:
Europe loves Africa - no be small. Lol. Asian countries shall take those banned items into Europe - no qualms.

What would the cost be to ship to Asian and then to Europe? Think before you speak and also know what you are talking about.

When warned about pesticides you do NOTHING for over two years.

When the ban happened you look for ways around it? cheesy

Is it not cheaper to fix the problem and behave properly and responsibly?

What an attitude! This thinking holds Nigeria back so much.

Do the right thing and prosper!

2 Likes

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by GodMode: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
olamega:
most ppl are getting unnecessarily political/sentimental about this issue without being reasonable. If you read the article at all you will see where they said they issued their complain/warning about fifty times between 2013 and 2015 !. Being a scientist i know how bad food poisoning can be, not to talk of aflatoxin food poisoning. this does not even needs rocket science to understand. just google aflatoxin and check the history, how it killed many people in europe and stop blabbing.
Now instead of us to worry about ourselves and feel sorry for consuming substandard food from our own source. Instead of us to hold the regulatory bodies accountable. Instead of us to sit tight . all i see are sentiments

Good. You are speaking sense!

This sentiment of poor Nigerian victims is rubbish. The ban was caused by greed and laziness on th part of your producers.

The real victims here are the people consuming this sub standard food. But will there be any sentiment for them?

2 Likes

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Btruth: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Feranmicharles:
whenevr my S/F wants to travel out,days before his departure he'd freeze the palm oil he's going with,and wrap deep it inside garri. Why?cause palm oil isn't allowed there and he can't eat without palm oil,like preparing soup with groundnut oil,he dislikes itembarassed so that's why
anyway, I think there will still be a way out on this sha. There are many Nigerians abroad especially in Europe that can't do without eating their dishes from home.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Toks2008(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2015
This is how policies of government institutions keep sending productive entrepreneurs back to square one.

Why can't they come out with regulatory policies rather than outright banning?

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feranmicharles(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2015
Btruth:
anyway, I think there will still be a way out on this sha. There are many Nigerians abroad especially in Europe that can't do without eating their dishes from home.
yeah, that's it and that was y I said, we yorubas won't like dis newssmiley
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by petermichaels(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2015
A good result from Boohahari visit 2d US.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by akigbemaru: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2015
EU BANS NIGERIAN BEANS AND PALM OIL
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by intrepid: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Unsafe beans will be surplus and you are happy? Did u really understand the reason for the ban? People who care about their citizens are protecting them and you are jumping up and down for contaminated food by your countrymen
papaejima1:
Ahh, it means that beans will become cheap locally as there will be excess in the market abi?

If we had a Minister in charge of Agric, he would have seen the handwriting on the wall and taken steps to at least postpone the hammer to allow time for implementation of stringent measures, but whosai?

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feraz(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Ah you have not read the issue. NOBODY is promoting same sex marriage in Naija! Who tells you these lies and what semi literate fools believe them?

The CIVILIZED world simply disapproves of evil, ignorant and savage repression of minorities for no good reason.

In any case this has nothing to do with your sub standard beans!

Can you not understand I DONT WANT TO EAT PESTICIDE!

Just fix the problem which YOU were warned about for over the last 2 years instead of engaging in false fantasies to excuse the laziness, stupidity and greed of your suppliers!
LMAO!!! While I'm not supposed to laugh at this, I can't help but laugh at the people you're quoting and correcting. Sadly, that's the mentality most Nigerians are stuck with.

For those claiming or saying we should look east, it's still going to be the same. No nation (with the exception of some countries like Nigeria) on earth will want a decline in the health of its citizens especially if it involves agricultural produce from other countries where in standards are not adhered to. Besides, you have been warned since 2013 but stringent measures were not taken to curb this but were left to run amok. This is how we pay for our incompetences due to neglect.

I just pity our populace because we're still gonna be the ones to consume this.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by ooshinibos: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2015
admax:
Despite the food ban or Oil revenue decline, all i know is that it shall be well with this country.

Anyway i don't think we are producing enough food to feed ourselves, we still import a whole lot of food items.

You are right ..I find it cheaper to buy beans and palm oil in London ..than in Nigeria ...

but the farmers in Nigeria ,will rather export to EU before they earn more

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Yommiefish(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
This is a really a sad one for our emerging industry. It is a pointer to the fact that we've got a lot to do in our 'quality control' efforts. I hope the fish processing industry quickly retrace their steps and step up efforts at sticking to the global guidelines for food processing, we are a way too young for this ban. God bless Us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cow Kills Owner In Delta Abattoir / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.