Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports (35888 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Beans: FG Inaugurates Standing Committee / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
natas22:
Its simple the EU doesn't like buhari's visit to USA so they are in a way trying to show there anger.

If they ban our goods then China, India and other countries are opened for business

www.
It's obvious you did not read the article. They've been warning us since 2013. And again, it's also for the safety of their people, and in a way, for us too.

Again the ban is till June 2016, so it's not forever.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Feraz:
LMAO!!! While I'm not supposed to laugh at this, I can't help but laugh at the people you're quoting and correcting. Sadly, that's the mentality most Nigerians are stuck with.

For those claiming or saying we should look east, it's still going to be the same. No nation (with the exception of some countries like Nigeria) on earth will want a decline in the health of its citizens especially if it involves agricultural produce from other countries where in standards are not adhered to. Besides, you have been warned since 2013 but stringent measures were not taken to curb this but were left to run amok. This is how we pay for our incompetences due to neglect.

I just pity our populace because we're still gonna be the ones to consume this.

Yes and even the eastern countries have food standards also!

Its just part of the 'victim' mentality that laziness encourages. The rest of the world is against them - boo hoo, sob and cry!

The rest of the world has nothing better to do that plot how to hold back Nigerian farmers!

This is the result of ignorance and stupidity from people who lack understanding of how the world works.

As I have said before the SIMPLEST solution is to fix the problem and don't produce polluted foodstuffs!

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Sunseeker: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
' Suffering and smiling'.....We tink sey dat Euro belle be same as Nigerian belly...

Because we refuse to hear and learn, now we go feel ! Who no want betta ting na ! Hahahaha Uve seen it now!! In da mean time lets fix da damage and bring back dose girls! angry
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by orpeeh: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
Feranmicharles:
the yorubas won't be happy about this:-]
why wont the yorubas be happy, they will always find a way out.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sunseeker:
' Suffering and smiling'.....We tink sey dat Euro belle be same as Nigerian belly...

Because we refuse to hear and learn, now we go feel ! Who no want betta ting na ! Hahahaha Uve seen it now!! In da mean time lets fix da damage and bring back dose girls! angry

Correct - bellies are the same!

Mortality rates and instances of food poisoning are NOT! cheesy

We do not tolerate sub standard or polluted food AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Efremszlek(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
dey shud ban exportation of crude oil as well and mmm follow ban us frm watching european league. chaiiii i go happy die
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by gemale(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
natas22:
Its simple the EU doesn't like buhari's visit to USA so they are in a way trying to show there anger.

If they ban our goods then China, India and other countries are opened for business

www.

dts d problems wt most nigerians...dey hate d truth. despite previous warnings,we didnt standardize our products. nw dey banned our goods & sm1 is wailn. FYI those countries u mentnd wld flw eu's steps.so d best tin 2 do is 2 put structures in place 2 ensure our xports & locally consumd goods meet int. standards because dis report indicate dt we r all eatn poison in naija.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
gemale:

dts d problems wt most nigerians...dey hate d truth. despite previous warnings,we didnt standardize our products. nw dey banned our goods & sm1 is wailn. FYI those countries u mentnd wld flw eu's steps.so d best tin 2 do is 2 put structures in place 2 ensure our xports & locally consumd goods meet int. standards because dis report indicate dt we r all eatn poison in naija.

You are very correct. That some fools want to link an issue raised well over two years ago to Buhari visiting USA today (which 99.9% of Europeans could not care less about (especially the vast majority who don't even know who he is) illustrates the stupidity of some people.

Your proposed solution is exactly what needs to happen!

Well done.

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Efremszlek:
dey shud ban exportation of crude oil as well and mmm follow ban us frm watching european league. chaiiii i go happy die

And this relates to sub standard food exactly how?

An important issue was raised in a normal and sensible manner and your answer was what? To introduce rubbish to avoid facing your problem!

Sigh!

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Feranmicharles(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
orpeeh:
why wont the yorubas be happy, they will always find a way out.
a way out in exporting palm oil or travelling with it After being bannedundecided
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Due to the lack lustre performance of players in the EU league, watching the football league has been hereby BANNED in Naija... all Deessteeveee chopping our money is over... time to breed home based players and focus on Naija league... lol tongue
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
So sad that they've been sending warnings for over 2 years and we didn't budge... we should wake up to responsibility in this country. these days cooked beans has the odour of kerosene... Our citizens are also going to suffer greatly from eating these products.. dis one concern all of us ooo.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by papaejima1: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sarcasm is totally lost on you bro.
intrepid:
Unsafe beans will be surplus and you are happy? Did u really understand the reason for the ban? People who care about their citizens are protecting them and you are jumping up and down for contaminated food by your countrymen

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by XTROVAT: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Ah you have not read the issue. NOBODY is promoting same sex marriage in Naija! Who tells you these lies and what semi literate fools believe them?

The CIVILIZED world simply disapproves of evil, ignorant and savage repression of minorities for no good reason.

In any case this has nothing to do with your sub standard beans!

Can you not understand I DONT WANT TO EAT PESTICIDE!

Just fix the problem which YOU were warned about for over the last 2 years instead of engaging in false fantasies to excuse the laziness, stupidity and greed of your suppliers!

Your moniker says a lot about you, KOLOOYINBO. Do you know what 'kolo' means here in Nigeria if u claim not to be a Nigerian. It means you are never in the right frame of mind.

Mind you there is a place specially created for people like you in Yaba.

Since 'they' knew the commodity wasn't good enough for consumption, why should 'they' have waited for two years since it is something that concerns health and to stop at this point in time when both sides of the bloc are not on the same page.

Take a slow pill and think.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by kingdenny(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
damiloladuke:
that's a rather sad news, but they are not the only countries in the world that need our services.. let's look into other countries and continue the trade

CHECK OUT MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY

do u think other countries are like Nigeria that does not have a standard
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
XTROVAT:

Your moniker says a lot about you, KOLOOYINBO. Do you know what 'kolo' means here in Nigeria if u claim not to be a Nigerian. It means you are never in the right frame of mind.

Mind you there is a place specially created for people like you in Yaba.

Since 'they' knew the commodity wasn't good enough for consumption, why should 'they' have waited for two years since it is something that concerns health and to stop at this point in time when both sides of the bloc are not on the same page.

Take a slow pill and think.

Yes I know exactly what kolo means and was around when the song kolomental was popular. Its called irony! lol

The warnings were for two years to give people TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! And what did you do? Nothing except bleat about irrelevancies!

So what is your problem with doing the right thing? Perhaps I need to save any 'slow pills' for you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by gbenga4: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
NAFDAC needs to be broken up and given the mandate to concentrate on the regulation and enforcement of standards for drugs and healthcare products only. Food and Agricultural Standards have become a global issue requiring its own standards of quality and safety.

NAFDAC has enough battles to fight and war to wage against sub-standard drugs and healthcare products from India and China and that is why I have been advocating the setting up of the Nigerian Food and Agricultural Standards Authority (NIFASA) for a long time.

When I was working in Tesco UK as Produce Handling Assistance during my student days, I noticed that a lot of green peas and other fresh fruits and vegetables came from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, only a paltry few came from Ghana and Nigeria. I found that even our “garri” was labelled as produce of Pakistan, ostensibly to ensure its entry into UK.

As a student of Agricultural Economics and Management, I was keen to know why, so I did a little research and found that the idea of Good Agricultural Practices from farming to shipping, which is just only recently being talked about in Nigeria, had been in practice in Kenya and these other East African countries for years and this has been noted by the EU.

Nigeria government should merge the Nigerian quarantine service with other related food and agricultural products standards units in SON and NAFDAC to form a new agency called NIFASA, with a clear mandate to ensure global standards of quality and safety in the production, packaging and marketing of food and agricultural commodities in Nigeria.

If we are serious about diversifying our foreign exchange earnings from petroleum and wants acceptability of our food and agricultural products in the EU and other agricultural export target countries, we must take the idea of having this NIFASA body seriously, otherwise our ambition of diversifying export base to focus on Agriculture will remain a mirage.
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by Efremszlek(m): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

And this relates to sub standard food exactly how?

An important issue was raised in a normal and sensible manner and your answer was what? To introduce rubbish to avoid facing your problem!

Sigh!

So what do you think is my problem
Re: EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports by alphanijaexport(f): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Till tomorrow, 21food.com, the China's largest food market still alow Nigerians to sell Cocoa Powder across.

Last Friday, I received order of 1 Metric Tonne from Qatar! Below is the link to my store:

http://www.21food.com/products/loetue-100-pure-cocoa-powder-1995003.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cow Kills Owner In Delta Abattoir / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.