Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,817,001 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! (51680 Views)

ATM Scam: The New Method / Akinade Tofunmi Wanted By EFCC For ATM Scam. Her Shocking Method Of Scam / A Corper Saved From Ritualist; Their New Method Of Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by ManTiger(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Asito:
do you think we love what we do? Spacebooking is a means we the edge users can match up the 6G commitee. You of all people should respect and understand that fact. Just because you bought an iphone6 doesn't mean you'l despise your days of curve2.angry By the way, INTROVERT is not a spacebooker. She is space herself.
grin wink

2 Likes

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by azimibraun: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
All of a sudden everybody now wants to claim Ex-spacebooker simply because it was romoured Change has come and NL wants to grant Amnesty to Ex-spacebookers and start the payments of certain sum of money to encourage to them to stay of the creeks of spacebooking. I know all the original members of the Spacebooker struggle. Only they can and will benefit from the Amnesty programme of NLand.

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Beface(m): 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
I have had a similar encounter with a man when i wanted to cash some money from ATM but i knew he was a fraud,so i told him i came to withdraw for someone. No 419 fit collect my N10 cause am always one step ahead of them by God's grace.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Abeg ooo, lalasticlala , ishilove , barcanista , seun and other nairaland chairmen them. Who comot my option for "like". I cant click "like" for a post. What did i do to deserve this
Hahaahhhaa ask Mizmycoli
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Bdemmy(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
Nice one.

All I just need to do is to catch the gangster.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by darlenese(f): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
ManTiger:

Some people don't do it because they are greedy but because they really want to help.
The day I learnt my niece give her bf money after pestering me and my uncle for money was the last dey I ever sent her money and for beggers, except if such person comes from my church.

Hmmn peeps needs to tighten their eyes, if I want to help the needy I would rather visit an orphanage , I stopped giving alms when a beggar insulted me that the money was turn a little bit, he was raining curses on me, I was amazed and wondered if he was actually a beggar since then I don't even blink when they approach me
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Bdemmy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Abeg ooo, lalasticlala , ishilove , barcanista , seun and other nairaland chairmen them. Who comot my option for "like". I cant click "like" for a post. What did i do to deserve this

Use biro write am
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by andreernest28(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
NOTED
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
barcanista:
Hahaahhhaa ask Mizmycoli
tanks, I've got it back.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mikaj(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:
I have been ill for some days so I needed to go the hospital. I decided to use the never failing access bank ATM machine before leaving for the hospital, I got there and saw a matured man of about 40 at the extreme looking confused.

I was done with my withdrawal and was about leaving when he called me to assist him get his card that it got stuck inside the machine I tried but could not get it out and he said he called on security but they told him they were closed until Monday, well I have done what I could and was already on my way when he called me back to assist him with 10 litres of fuel or cash, knowing that I have money on me, he was showing me his car that it was running on empty and he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000 but just need to buy fuel and was going to pay me back....

i just told him the money I came to withdraw was for my treatment he said he was sorry and left......about a week later my friend came around asking me for cash and said he gave his last card 1500 naira to a man @ the atm gallery....and narrated a similar story, he said the man promised to pay him double the next day but he didn't get nothing from anybody....that was how he lost 1500 naira to a scammer...

so people just be aware and alert it's good to help people but help with your sense and don't fall prey to fakers!.

Same shit happened to me last week Saturday. Got some cash frm the ATM and as I was about leaving, a man called me telling me Tori that touches the heart, no fuel blah blah blah, ATM this and that.... He Gats go Benin and he is stranded. Anyway I didn't give him a dine cos I needed the money asap. Was even having guilty conscience until I read ur post @op. This shit is real Ooº°˚˚°ºoo
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by leGeExus(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
tchidi:
angry
1: never help anyone operate the ATM.
2: no borrow anybody money for ATM.

Ok, I can live with that... grin
I kuku dey stingy before. tongue tongue
i know say na you!Na why u no get butt nah grin

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by kannymoore(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
alphaconde:
Whenever I see someone stranded and needs help I always consider it as a chance to show kindness even if I suspect its a scam. I believe nothing changes my reward in the eyes of God.

So to anyone readin this don't stop doing good. For if you assist a stranger or a stranded person my prayer for you is that you would never be stranded in a stranged land.

Let share a story of St Martin, this story motivated me to be a kind person.

St martin was a soldier. He was returning from war on a very cold night, he walked pass a beggar who was clothless and He wondered how much he felt cold in his tough military attire and yet the beggar could bare to stay without clothes in such a weather.

He tore his clothes in two and gave the beggar one. At night while he slept He saw Jesus christ in his dream wearing the other half of his clothes and christ said to him. I was the one you saw helpless by the road side. I read he gave his life to christ and resigned from the military, hence he is a saint today.

My brethren the message is that don't stop doing good, it may as well profit you for your salvation.

Alpha conde

Bless your soul man!

Seems all ain't lost in Naija afterall.

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by kannymoore(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
Israel5:
Bible say Good samaritan. Nigeria look like samaria? Are u a learner frm samaria? Mschew..

Such nonsense Coming from a guy named Israel..

..forgive my Pun!
angry

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by hardbody: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
tchidi:
angry

Be like say dem born u follow me for back. I come up with numerous reason not to part with money, except i am buying u beer.

Meanwhile, how PH?
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
tchidi:
angry

stingy girl... grin grin grin grin
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by CoCoLav(f): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
I don't talk to strangers especially at the ATM
Once you start story I just walk away.

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by dominique(f): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
It's getting increasingly difficult to help a person in need in this country. Just pray that you don't find yourself in d tight situation. A lot of people may be willing to assist you but they're afraid to.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Israel5(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
kannymoore:

Such nonsense Coming from a guy named Israel..
..forgive my Pun! angry
forgive? Are u nt a joke. Psst!
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
DONSMITH123:
be warned
na which kin nose be this... grin grin grin grin
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by stwazobia: 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:
I have been ill for some days so I needed to go the hospital. I decided to use the never failing access bank ATM machine before leaving for the hospital, I got there and saw a matured man of about 40 at the extreme looking confused.

I was done with my withdrawal and was about leaving when he called me to assist him get his card that it got stuck inside the machine I tried but could not get it out and he said he called on security but they told him they were closed until Monday, well I have done what I could and was already on my way when he called me back to assist him with 10 litres of fuel or cash, knowing that I have money on me, he was showing me his car that it was running on empty and he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000 but just need to buy fuel and was going to pay me back....

i just told him the money I came to withdraw was for my treatment he said he was sorry and left......about a week later my friend came around asking me for cash and said he gave his last card 1500 naira to a man @ the atm gallery....and narrated a similar story, he said the man promised to pay him double the next day but he didn't get nothing from anybody....that was how he lost 1500 naira to a scammer...

so people just be aware and alert it's good to help people but help with your sense and don't fall prey to fakers!.
Abeg u no get talk... find another story... everything don become scam.....

1 Like

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by vkon2(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=alphaconde post=36427308]Whenever I see someone stranded and needs help I always consider it as a chance to show kindness even if I suspect its a scam. I believe nothing changes my reward

its Good to do Good ...but nowadays there are many wolf in sheeep clothing,wat if u give and not now u are giving him or her part of your body or life......

use ur head whatever u are doing
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Horlufemi(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
I've met someone like that too when I was serving in Bayelsa. the guy needed 30k for his flight and he didn't have any money and he was going to portharcourt. he was boasting of this and that that he is a millionaire and he was swearing up and down I just ignored him. later I hear he scammed up to 5 people there up and got up to 150000 that night.

I'll never forgive myself if I Falk for that kind on nonsense. I was born and bred in Lagos.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by mystiqueDZ(f): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mtchewww undecided undecided
You give a stranger money and expect it back? grin grin grin..
Never lend out money you can't forget !!!

2 Likes

Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by alphaconde(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=vkon2 post=36428547][/quote]

God no gree
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Nickymezor(f): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thanks 4 d info OP.
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Courageous007(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Asito:
This is buhari's fault angry

How dis take be buhari fault nw?
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by calculusx(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
iphanyiuma:

I was done with my withdrawal and was about leaving [b]when he called me to assist him get his card that it got stuck inside the machine I tried but could not get it out and he said he called on security but they told him they were closed until Monday, well I have done what I could and was already on my way[/b]y when he called me back to assist him with 10 litres of fuel or cash, knowing that I have money on me, he was showing me his car that it was running on empty and he has no airtime even showed me his bank statement that he has more than 300,000 but just need to buy fuel and was going to pay me back....

OP: To the highlighted above, Never ever try to help anybody out to either withdraw or put them through on how to use the ATM Machine. There is another scam which involves a stolen card and someone to help them out to withdraw the Cash. The scope behind it is the ATM Camera will capture your Picture and in the event the card happened to be a stolen card, you know the rest of the story. God forbids this scenario played out
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by femoDee: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=alphaconde post=36427308]Whenever I see someone stranded and needs help I always consider it as a chance to show kindness even if I suspect its a scam. I believe nothing changes my reward in the eyes of God.

So to anyone readin this don't stop doing good. For if you assist a stranger or a stranded person my prayer for you is that you would never be stranded in a stranged land.

Let share a story of St Martin, this story motivated me to be a kind person.

St martin was a soldier. He was returning from war on a very cold night, he walked pass a beggar who was clothless and He wondered how much he felt cold in his tough military attire and yet the beggar could bare to stay without clothes in such a weather.

He tore his clothes in two and gave the beggar one. At night while he slept He saw Jesus christ in his dream wearing the other half of his clothes and christ said to him. I was the one you saw helpless by the road side. I read he gave his life to christ and resigned from the military, hence he is a saint today.

My brethren the message is that don't stop doing good, it may as well profit you for your salvation.

Alpha conde
its good to help, but this dayz its just kind of risky with so many bad news about helpin strangers even handshake is gettin dangerously dangerous now ritualist everywhere. If u want to show kindness it is better to do that in the house of God. That is a safer place. Gaskia
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by eleko1: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
How much u get self wey u nor allow persin see front? .How persin fit scam a tight fist Iya Ijebu like U?Nah persin like u dey deceive/misdirect stranger wey ask for direction.Make I catch U for IYANgbali kiosk.
VickyRotex:
Thanks for the info Op.

That's why I don't use those ATM's that makes noise. Talking bla bla, so that at times, I withdraw without people even knowing.

When they ask if the ATM is dispensing, most time I say ""No, it dint dispense, but you can try, maybe it's my card or bank"" grin grin Yea, my bag helps me smiley

Some people will try it, and when it dispenses they'd call me back, and I'll be like ""Oh, don't worry, thanks"" tongue and when some dont wanna try it, I'll convince them to try their cards. cheesy

It's just about being cautious. undecided Not all the time though

The person below me, ""Are there no better things to thank God for?"" Do they give an award for this FP things? Enlighten me please.
undecided sad
Re: New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! by Yommiefish(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
This is very helpful. They've done the same to a sister of mine, though not at ATM point but at her shop. She gave over #3000 worth of recharge card,still expecting her money till 2Mao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tout Jumps Into River To Escape Mob Action After Accident. See What Happened. / Suspects Smile For The Camera After Being Arrested For N7m Fraud. / 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.