Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. (1840 Views)

Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? / Help! I Hav Tv Advert Proposals 4 Lux&mortein,bt Dnt Kno How2go Abt It / How Profitable Is Investing N500,000 In Blogging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kennyuche(m): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2006
Pls fellaz of nairalanders i jst finishd my NYSC. I dnt intend to look for a job, i jst want to do busines. I live in lagos, i like workin on computers, hav a dip.in desktop pub.,had trainings & workshops on comp hardware assembly n installation, did an online tutorial on XHTML & CSS. I have about N500,000 but i dnt no wot 2 venture into. Am thinkn of takin up a course on video editing,3d animation or web design but i dnt no any gud place to enroll here in lagos. Pls i need ur ideas. A genuine one pls.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by alibor: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2006
u know what? u've got more than most people who now own multi nationals had when they left national service! u have ur degree, which means u can communicate at least to an extent and relate with people, u have knowledge of world's leading technology, IT (with ur hardware, xml, css knowledge), and above all a 500K!!! if i were in ur shoes i'd be doing something great, set up a system company.

here!
decide where ur flare is (since u did some IT courses i guess u must have some flare there). so just decide how far u wish to go with it and pls be FREE in thinking. when u r done with dreaming BIG, then humble urself enof 2 start small, so u still have some work to do in breaking ur big dream system company to its minutest form, that's where u start from with ur 500K!

do not make the mistake i made, investing more in infrasturcture and operations when u r yet to get the market, books might tell u differently, but i learnt mine on the 'pitch', get the business knowledge 1st, then get ur business model right, don't miss it! the next is get the market, but be sharp to negotiate on appropriate deadlines that would allow u ample time to assemble ur pre-fashoned house (pre-fashoned, in the sense that u have it prepared, all set, and only waiting for this momment to go).

somethings u may need to put in place for a sysem company would include:

1. Accommodation <u can get this FREE if u choose to start from ur residential garage, or u could negotiate to pay in 2 installments> - 80,000
2. Register ur business name <cos u need a bank account, plan to bcom ltd in 3 months> - 5k
3. Get working tools <clipping tool, cutter, tester, multimeter, soldering iron, plier, long nose plier, blower, brush, etc> - 25k
4. furniture <u just need tables & chairs for receptionist/admin officer, and urself, desk for the workshop, locker for ur tools, reception seaters, and 3 stools for now> - 20k
5. get a laptop <fairly used for sales calls and home work> - 95k
6. get a desk top pc <for office use> - 45k
7. attend SignOnAfrica's Web Entrepreneurs' Seminar <that will equip u with all u need to get started in web hosting & related service, u will have at least 5 FREE web hosting spaces and a tool for designing websites, even though u r not a pro at graphics. see www.signonafrica.net/webmasters.html> - 10K
8. print your letter headed papers, business (complementary) card (for 2 staffs), ID card (for 3 staffs) - 18k
9. pay for 10 straight days (spread to taste) of advertisment slot on guardian/punch (they are the best in returns, from experience, guardian 1st. use 2X4, make sure to get early pages and a good discount too) - 170000
10. get a printer - 10k
11. keep 20k for imprest
12. take a mentor out on a date with 2k and share ur visions with him.

that is it! from my view, ok?

I wish you great results,

Salvation Alibor is my name
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kennyuche(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2006
Thanks bro, but hw do u get a web design contract? I lov video editing n 3d animation too. I Like to xplore d entertainment industry. I lov web design but which one is more lucrative among these three?
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by lukas: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2006
gemstones export wud do u a lot of good u know may be we cud talk 2 knw how c-rious u're
i am a gemologist and an exporter cheeeeeeers.my email add is lukay02@yahoo.co.in
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by alibor: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2006
i believe u have a gsm. the advertisement u will place will do the wonders! the awareness is growing in nigeria. give it a shot and see for yourself. there are over 1.5 million businesses in nigeria that can use a website and not up to 5% has. and those that do have one or more now would need to maintain them. 300 websites designed, hosted and maintained by you is a good steady source of income and you can complement with your video editing. remember a good entrepreneur must maintain upto 3 sources of steady flow of income!
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by STOjo: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2006
@alibor thanks for your posting. It was a good one.
I will want to differ on the newspaper advert of 170000 out of 500K. I think he should start small and do the online advert, send as many online messages as possible. U can also join some online groups.
@alibor i wish to have ur mail address. Mine is stojo202@yahoo.com. I want to consult u.

Peace
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by jaya46(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2006
Dear Sir,

We are chemical engineering consultants in India. We like to work in Nigeria. Is there any wanted in this feild? If so kindly contact us.

It would be a favour for us.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kennyuche(m): 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2006
@jaya46, I hav a degree in chemical engineering but no job here. Wouldnt mind workin wt u.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kennyuche(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2006
.@alibor, thanx men! I think i know where to start from now.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kennyuche(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2006
.@lukas, i wil and we wil talk in details.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by jaya46(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2006
@kennyuche.

Thanks for your interest to work with us. We can set up new chemical plant in Nigeria. Kindly choose a profitable product there So that we can give you consultancy service for it. If you are interested contact us on www.kjas.bloombiz.com
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by haniel(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2006
Hi Guy,
With that amount of money and with your knowledge in computer technology,You commence a business with netwoking eqiupment/accessories.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by mimigirl(f): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2006
Music today one of the biggest money pumping business. If with at least 200k out 500k you would invest on igbo gospel song which comprises of ten undiluted tracks on demo tape. That would acrue you a lot. Well you can call me on 08022276327 if you care. I will accord you the priviledge of listening to it first before the commencement
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by Ezecom(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2006
Hello Kennyuche,

Be very very careful. I can see some cowboys are around the corner. I will advice you not to try any Gemstones export business or deal with the above chemical engineering business in India. If I were you, I will stick to the IT line which you know of.

The fear of 419 is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by anizzle(m): 9:35am On Oct 26, 2006
guy, i have an idea for a bound-to-be-madly-popular naija web community site.it certainly is going to need all the expertise that u hv got.try and reach me so we can talk.effaniekan@yahoo.com,08050428031
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by nigerianau(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2006
The key is to find out what you really want to do.

Look at yourself in 5years time and see where you want to be, then start by identifying what you need to do to get there, after you've done that, start breaking that down into yearly, then monthly, weekly and daily tasks you need to perform to reach your 5 year goal

By doing this, you will find out what you need to do with that money

If you want to go into buying and selling here is a good place to start,

I’m please to announce that we are now officially live with the partner program for the first practical auction platform in Nigeria.

Please visit www.nigerianauctionbuzz.com and see the last entry on the blog for details about the launch and how you can benefit from it.

NOTICE: We are only accepting a limited numbers of partner registrations.
Now that we are live, we are going to soon shut all doors to new founding members to move into phase 2 of the launch.

Thanks

Edward Hadome
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by CheeMoney(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2006
Hello Kenny, you have to be very careful here. The only tangible advice I've seen you receive here is on the one from alibor. Run for your dear life from the Indian chemical company. Indians and Chinnese are as bad as Nigerians or even worse. Forget about the gemstone shit. Its a pure scam. Don't rule out the possibility of 419ners in the house. I lost a good sum in dollars to a Chinese company 2 years ago.

With your capital and your education, you are well placed to succeed. Do a thorough survey to avoid pitfalls.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by austinuba: 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hi kenny,
you have recieved quite a handfull of advices from Nairalanders, well in my opinion, I'll advise you follow the path that lies your passion. There is a programme going on at Niit VI where I am registered student in the area of your interest. the programme is called Maximedia. you learn a lot about webdesigning, 3D anmation and sorts. I'll advice you registrer for the current session. The course id divided into two parts, first you pay 30,000, then the second part you pay 40,000. It will do a whole lot of good to follow your dreams. Like I said I am enrolled in the programme and I'm sure you'll find it totally fufilling.
austin.
Re: I Hav N500,000 To Invest. But Cnt Figr What To Do. by kazey(m): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2006
90% + of startup businesses fail in their first year, you know why? They lack the simple rudimentary skills to running a business, and hence jump at anything they "think" could bring them money, without proper assessment and hence build a business that has weak pillars which is bound to collapse and fall on them within the duration of 1 year.

If you do not have the skills or the idea, get a consultant to help in advising and building your business. I mean pay someone to help in the setup besides guide. I am very certain figuring out what to do with the money is not only the problem you have right now. Running that idea would also be hard to figure out.

I firmly believe, that If someone cant figure out on his own, the next step to expanding a capital, that person surely does not have the skills to run a system of maintaining that capital, thus my recommendation stands.

Please if you want to make a wise decision, get someone who has the knowledge to help. Most people advising you here, never ran a business before nor have a business they are running. Forums are not just the place to get tips that would help you to figure out the right thing to do with your money. Just my 2cents worth.

(1) (Reply)

I Need 5,000,000 Loan / Good Profit In Haulage Business / In Need Of; Nutrini Energy Milk Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.