Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS (25096 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – Bad / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by mapet: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2015
For someone that was booted out of the Presidential Fleet for corruption, how he made it to CDS is a big wonder.....
san316:
This is an indictment on you Mr CDS

1. You lacked equipments, what happened to the billions spent on the military for procuring arms and ammunition? Where are the equipments bought with it?

2. The soldiers were not motivated. What happened to the duty and operation allowances meant for the soldiers? You are not coas but you should have knowledge of the entire defence spending which the army is under.
For five years, no soldier got his allowances ranging from furniture and so on. How can the soldiers be motivated?

In the end, soldiers that put their lives in the line were dismissed and those that dared to complain were sentenced to death.

And mind you, it was a celebration galore in the armed forces when your sack was announced.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by ollyruffy: 7:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Imagine. Why telling us now? Why didn't you resign then? Fat bellied corrupt officer!

You have just nailed yourself and other military officers that worked with you.

And when some soldiers rebelled against you sending them on suicide mission without equipment, you court-marshalled them to be killed.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by pobosky20(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Soldiers were unmotivated in or regime,they never trusted u. Your regime was too corrupt. This same former CDS refused soldiers voluntary retirement,he referred to them as cowards. It was this same man that sent a chopper to evacuate his family when mubi came under heavy attacks,but left innocent people crying and wailing. Only God will judge u!!!
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Themandator: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2015
laudate:

Thank you for enlightening the clueless ones, o jare! May your days be long.. undecided.

Thank you,my brother. What I have come to realize is that comprehension, particularly when it has to do with articles, is a bit of challenge for some Nigerians.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Pennywise(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2015
This ineffective CDS should be pulled out quickly and dumped in the waste bin.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by smirn(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=36436148]really

The former CDS can give this excuse and be excused because GMB confirmed that the US aided BH by refusing to sell weapons to the Nigerian government (GEJ)by the "Leahy act" during his last visit.
It got to a point they Nigeria had to go to to eastern Europe and Russia to purchase weapons that almost destroyed bokoharam before elections
ALL THAT IS HISTORY.

The new CDS and the military chiefs have no excuse to give because a former General is now president and armed with "money & weapons" & tactics from the US and as barcanista stated in a thread of some of the failures of GMB so far (2months). if by this time next year we still hear of BH then GMB and the defence chiefs have failed and failed woefully to contain the insurgents.

God bless Nigeria.

[/quote
Just as u have failed yourself already. All of u who wished the this government failure will be disappointed just like how fustrated u were at the outcome of the presidential election. The past government could not curtail BH for years and its just 2 months of trying to repair the cluessless foundational approach earlier adopted and u and ur pained wailers are here ranting nonsense. If I may asked where are the weapons alledged to have been procured to fight BH, have they suddenly disappeared. For the last four year, the ministry of defence had the highest budgetary allocation in the name of combating BH, so what did your cluelesd govt. did with the money. Instead of simply comprehend what the outgoing CDS is trying to reveal ur depth lack of understanding has blinded your opinion. Before the election there was mere rumour of the military success toward BH, all in the guise of winning election but thanks to sensible Nigerians who reserve the urgent need to vote out the worst government ever in the history of Nigeria. This government must surely deliver to the expectation snd upliftment of Nigerian people.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by engrajoo1(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2015
GoodMuyis:

Thou shall Live Long and see good days
amen
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by mikeapollo: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2015
If the military was ill-equipped and poorly motivated when it concerns Boko Haram, then what was the business of Nigerian army in sending troops to fight in Mali?
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by minister2015: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2015
sameer1212:
Story for the God's! All we know is that u failed Nigerians and history will remember u as the worse CDS in Nigeria. Nonsense
the worst CDS n not worse. bcse it should be superlative. Story for the god's or gods, but certainly not 'Story for the God's'; bcse there is no Gods but gods. take my corrections in good faith! hw is washington DC?
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by gemale(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
gabazin080:
Blame the US for this
oh yes... d famous blame game. blame d us because dey creatd an enabln environmnt 4 bh 2 fluorish,because our military r currently clueless, because dey r responsible 4 our inability 2 produce our own weapons, because dey av an 18 yr law dt restrains dem 4rm dealn wt armies dt commit human rights abuse, because dey r a country dt obey their laws unlyk us, because we r nt d 1st country dey av turnd down due 2 dis law oda countries lyk pakistan & turkey werent turnd dwn Abi? so pls lets kip blamn dem instd of either fixn ourselves/ fndn oda solns 2 our problms
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by gemale(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
wachakuta:
By d time we hand u over to ICC.. ur eye go clear.

All d blood of d innocent soldiers u sent to maiduguri without weapons nd ammo will not let u rest

Alex Badeh, Jan 2015: Soldiers claiming they lack weapons are untruthful. Alex Badeh, July 2015: I headed a military that lacked equipment

dnt mind dt pot-bellied, double-mouthd human rights abuse suspect.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
minister2015:
the worst CDS n not worse. bcse it should be superlative. Story for the god's or gods, but certainly not 'Story for the God's'; bcse there is no Gods but gods. take my corrections in good faith! hw is washington DC?
Thank u one's again. I am not washington

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Kissing His Wife Publicly At An Event (Photos) / Why Are The Following Countries Jealous Of Nigeria? / Benedict Alabi Is Gboyega Oyetola's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.