Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS (25091 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – Bad / Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Themandator: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2015
kingthreat post=36438190 embarassed:
Yeah we know he's saying the truth. But why did he keep quiet on this while he was CDS?

Somebody gave you a chronology of events before he came in and you ask why he kept quiet.... The military was underfunded by previous military regimes and OBJ came in with Danjuma and started the so called compartmentalization of the military by reducing the human stendhal without a complimentary increase in their arsenal.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by kennyman2000(m): 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
san316:
This is an indictment on you Mr CDS

1. You lacked equipments, what happened to the billions spent on the military for procuring arms and ammunition? Where are the equipments bought with it?

2. The soldiers were not motivated. What happened to the duty and operation allowances meant for the soldiers? You are not coas but you should have knowledge of the entire defence spending which the army is under.
For five years, no soldier got his allowances ranging from furniture and so on. How can the soldiers be motivated?

In the end, soldiers that put their lives in the line were dismissed and those that dared to complain were sentenced to death.

And mind you, it was a celebration galore in the armed forces when your sack was announced.

Yes.. That ur last statement about the celebration galore, made me remember my soldier friend. He wouldnt allow my to rest that day he's sacked. He's so happy..
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by IYANGBALI: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
Shoro ni yen?Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Themandator: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
wiseoneking:
Just succed to hand over Deziani and co to our common EFCC/ICPC b4 taking Badeh to ICC. We want action now, tired of threats of words. ACTION

No mind them
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
Very disgraceful. So if US or SA don't sell us weapons we'll be famished?, cmon as cds you should have facilitated indigenous production of war equipments.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
This fat pig called Badeh should just shut up that his rotten maggot mouth why didn't he tell his predecessor Johnathan while he was in power. He was busy feeding on funds meant to fight terrorism. Fat fool.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by chopido(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
gabazin080:
Blame the US for this
I don't think they deserved to be blamed fully. in a way they are but we have d larger portion of blame. my own worry has been y should we rely on other nations for weapon to defend our self's? yes we are growing but the fact remains that since have noticed that this nations will try to frustrate our efforts., what have we dine as a nation in trying to design and produce our own weapons? I know a lot needs to be put in place but r earlier we start d safer and better for us.. God bless our nation and give us leaders that will indeed change our status from 3rd world to something higher

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by tonte(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
Just keep shut, worst CDS was he playing all through his time in office? As if you can do any better, nonsense

sameer1212:
Story for the God's! All we know is that u failed Nigerians and history will remember u as the worse CDS in Nigeria. Nonsense
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by OAMMB(f): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
i remember when Alex badeh was the chief of air staff.
5 air force planes where burnt under his watch as chief of air staff by boko haram during a raid to one of maimalari barracks and a video of the raid was made by boko haram. the video still exist today on you tube
alot of critics and young officers wondered why after such failure to secure our military planes he was still be made CDS.
He became CDS and he made infamous statements that he promises that he would route out BH in less than a month April to be précised. That same month chibok girls were kidnapped from their hostels. its a lot of task to move that size of young girls in the forest but bokoharm terrorist were successful because our CDS was sleeping on duty and was thoroughly incompetent. Our CDS is in charge of securing our country. he commands the whole military but he slipped in his duty to save the chibok girls. For weeks while the girls were in transit in the bush to their final destination in the bush he was in denial wondering if truly any girl was kidnapped. when they eventually found out indeed school girls were kidnapped the blaming game started.
Almost a year later he came out again and said we know where the chibok girls are sad but no result as usual.
Young officers where dying in battle front and complaining of lack of equipments and massive corruption in the military.
Under a his watch there was mutiny in the military because soldiers where angry about their welfare and lack of equipment and their morals was at its lowest.

# he never gave all these flimsy excuses about inheriting a weak military which had no equipment. Billions was allocated to the military but no result until few weeks to the elections....these raised questions begging for answers.
History will judge you fatty bum bum Alex Badeh.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by seunmsg(m): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Themandator:

You need to learn the difference between budget and release... A ministry can have a budget Allocation of say 20b naira for a fiscal year and yet receive just a little over a billion naira for the whole of that year.

It is not the budget but what is monetized that is the koko

Lol, am very knowledgeable in that area sir. When it comes to budget performance, defence is always giving a priority. So, your excuse doesn't hold.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by cabaliciouscabal: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hypocrite, why didn't u speak dis out wen oga jonathan appointed u, instead u were crucifying Ali Modu Sheriff the Governor of Bornu for speaking out dat d military lack adequate weapons to fight the sect. If u were honest to serve d country and do not av ulterior motive to oil ur pocket, u should av resigned, Wat u ar saying now is playing to d gallery. Instead of facing the terrorists in combat, u and ur men were busy harassing the public, including the press and telling all sorts of colored lies. Tank God Nigeria is done with people like u. We need sincere, thorough, professionals, vibrant, young military.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by babajero(m): 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
sameer1212:
Story for the God's! All we know is that u failed Nigerians and history will remember u as the worse CDS in Nigeria. Nonsense
you reason through your anus and I believe is the much kunu you drink, read before you comment.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
tonte:
Just keep shut, worst CDS was he playing all through his time in office? As if you can do any better, nonsense

kiss my ass
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
babajero:
you reason through your anus and I believe is the much kunu you drink, read before you comment.
kiss my ass
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by GoodMuyis(m): 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
really

The former CDS can give this excuse and be excused because GMB confirmed that the US aided BH by refusing to sell weapons to the Nigerian government (GEJ)by the "Leahy act" during his last visit.
It got to a point they Nigeria had to go to to eastern Europe and Russia to purchase weapons that almost destroyed bokoharam before elections
ALL THAT IS HISTORY.

The new CDS and the military chiefs have no excuse to give because a former General is now president and armed with "money & weapons" & tactics from the US and as barcanista stated in a thread of some of the failures of GMB so far (2months). if by this time next year we still hear of BH then GMB and the defence chiefs have failed and failed woefully to contain the insurgents.

God bless Nigeria.

First to Comment but #BadFTC

Going by what your opinion, you did mean that the CJTF that do often push back BH are more equipped than NA, Up till now has US of NG govt made any official statement of shipping any weapon to Nigeria?,
Even if they promised fund is there any OFFICIAL statement that the fund had sent to Nigeria?
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by INTROVERT(f): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2015
GoodMuyis:

First to Comment but #BadFTC

Going by what your opinion, you did mean that the CJTF that do often push back BH are more equipped than NA, Up till now has US of NG govt made any official statement of shipping any weapon to Nigeria?,
Even if they promised fund is there any OFFICIAL statement that the fund had sent to Nigeria?

The CJTF had small pockets of victory because there had better knowledge of the terrain amongst others. Many peeps in 9ja weren't aware of the "leahy" act until recently. However one has to understand that collateral damage in any war anywhere around the globe is a given. Unfortunately, the past government attempted to negotiate with the terrorists but we cried against it saying it was wrong and when the govt brought down the hammer "war crimes" was cried by the opposition and petitions were written against ihenirika to the Hague. It would be very interesting to see how the present government handles the situation.

As for the funding from the US, it was implied that GMBs visit to the US would be "amongst" others seek measures to end the insurgency in the country. It is true it is early to say if the necessary weapons will be sent from the US and what Nigeria would have to give in terms of policy or otherwise to get the required funding.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by babajero(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
sameer1212:
kiss my ass
I would if you had one, you people just killing yourselves and look for who to blame.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by engrajoo1(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
I tink ds alex badeh or bad egg or bad head or watever he called himsef is a confused leader as d persn wu appointed im if he can com out to tell us nw that d army is ill equiped den y did he charge those that refuse to go to d war front due to ill equipment for mutiny wen he knws they ar ryt Let brood over it to me he nid b celebrated buh jailed better still sentenced to death
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by bigzic(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
In the real sense of it America have never been our friend.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by GoodMuyis(m): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
INTROVERT:

The CJTF had small pockets of victory because there had better knowledge of the terrain amongst others. Many peeps in 9ja weren't aware of the "leahy" act until recently. However one has to understand that collateral damage in any war anywhere around the globe is a given. Unfortunately, the past government attempted to negotiate with the terrorists but we cried against it saying it was wrong and when the govt brought down the hammer "war crimes" was cried by the opposition and petitions were written against ihenirika to the Hague. It would be very interesting to see how the present government handles the situation.

As for the funding from the US, it was implied that GMBs visit to the US would be "amongst" others seek measures to end the insurgency in the country. It is true it is early to say if the necessary weapons will be sent from the US and what Nigeria would have to give in terms of policy or otherwise to get the required funding.

This is Good response. And yes collateral damage is certain even US themselves acquire such in any war, But to thing that the NA performance is due to Financial and Weaponry upgrade, I guess not.

The Only Problem wth the NA is the lack of Motivation from Military Leader and Political Capacity, i.e. Despite Moving Command center to Borno CoS Alex Badeh decided to stay in Yola unofficially, will that handle the BH situation, NO
GEJ in his good time had no Military bg and may not have the Military charisma to motivate the fighting Soldier, while those around him are busy digging deep his election failure.

But Now that they have both Political and Military Motivation victory is OURS. The Attacking style adopted by Buratai is yielding result that defensive style used before
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by TheMaleBoss(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
sameer1212:

He's a hypocrite. Remember when Gov. Shettima of Borno cried out that BHT are well armed and better equipped than the NA. He started making noises, and now he's telling us what Gov. Shettima exactly said last year.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by GoodMuyis(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
engrajoo1:
I tink ds alex badeh or bad egg or bad head or watever he called himsef is a confused leader as d persn wu appointed im if he can com out to tell us nw that d army is ill equiped den y did he charge those that refuse to go to d war front due to ill equipment for mutiny wen he knws they ar ryt Let brood over it to me he nid b celebrated buh jailed better still sentenced to death

Thou shall Live Long and see good days
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Gondonu: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
shockedshockedshockedshocked
While sadly violating our underage sisters.May God's judgement descend on all who have a hand in this self-inflicted carnage in our nation.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by GoodMuyis(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
In Real Sence Alex Radeh Just Said Jonathan Administration had SCAM Nigerians on Fund spent on Terrorism, Yet Billions were gone,
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by DTaj: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Under this fool of a CDS called Badeh, Jonathan budgeted and spent almost one trillion naira (between N960 billion and N970 billion) of our national budget every year throughout and he still claims lack of equipment! A whole one quarter of our annual budget was spent on defense! This is a huge self-indictment on Badeh! Badeh and ex-NSA Dasuki should be investigated for wanton stealing of defense funds.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Gradieu: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
Alot of gallant men have been wasted to this pig called Alex. A lot of our national money has gone to the drain. Boko haram was left to grow fat so that they could make money from the defence budget. And now the fool is here telling us there was no weapon to fight terrorism.

Nigerian army is recruiting join to make a patriotic difference, he has tried his best ur appraisal of him is unnecessary.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by laudate: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Themandator:

Somebody gave you a chronology of events before he came in and you ask why he kept quiet.... The military was underfunded by previous military regimes and OBJ came in with Danjuma and started the so called compartmentalization of the military by reducing the human stendhal without a complimentary increase in their arsenal.

I hope this helps

Thank you for enlightening the clueless ones, o jare! May your days be long.. undecided.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by Rhea(f): 1:23am On Jul 31, 2015
[size=13pt]Badeh, all these ones you de yarn na ekpeteshi talk. Correct kai-kai hangover talk. Everyday, you tell Nigerians that boko haram will be flushed out next month. Now you don dey yarn sawdust. You have failed. Tuck your tail in between your katakwo and go home and drink burukutu[/size]
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by tunde1200(m): 2:23am On Jul 31, 2015
Don't tell us here you are soldier!.
Though I expect the worst but not from a soldier.

FOLYKAZE:
I dont just get it. There is a budget set aside separately for the defence section yearly which is enough to provide standard and very great weapon for out soldier. These money were looted and shared among the politicians under the leadership of the big belle Ex-CDS who call himself a soldier.

This evil man lead our soldier to battle with a gun gaving nothing more than 30 bullets to fight Boko-haram. It was in his reign NA came down low to the rank of ordinary boys scout. It was in his reign NA men were turn to political tout. How do you expect a soldier to fight terrorist with counted bullets, no fighting gear and kits, even soldiers were made to buy there boot by themselves. It was in his reign our barracks were ransacked and weapons got stolen by islamic ragtard. It was in his reign boko haram grew to a beast.

APC was conplaining about the welfare of the soldiers some months ago. Even the soldiers came out boldly to complain about their poor condition on international tv. It was this fustration that caused mutiny. But instead of them to listen to the plight of the soldiers, they were sentenced to death by a kangaroo court. NA has gotten corrupt that they have become politician bomboy who carry bags. Not only that, they are now use as an agent of election rigging as the case is in Ekiti.

Alot of gallant men have been wasted to this pig called Alex. A lot of our national money has gone to the drain. Boko haram was left to grow fat so that they could make money from the defence budget. And now the fool is here telling us there was no weapon to fight terrorism.

I wish Buhari can castrate the man till after the war against insurgency has the won then we can decide to judge him for the atrocities he has caused.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by gulfer: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Noted. Tanoids should know who to blame, I laugh in GEJ angry grin angry grin
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by luvmijeje(f): 5:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Complaint galore.
Therefore, I appeal to the relevant agencies of government to mobilize the huge human and material resources we have in this country towards the development of vibrant Defence Industrial Complex that would contribute to meeting our critical arms and equipment needs. This is crucial if we must reduce our total dependence on foreign sources of supply for critically needed arms

Seriously? Is this not included in his job description? With all the billion of dollars they blinded our eyes with, he couldn't even list his achievements rather the whole article were decorated with complaints.
Re: Terrorism: I Headed A Military That Lacked Equipment & Motivation To Fight – CDS by mapet: 6:56am On Jul 31, 2015
wachakuta:
By d time we hand u over to ICC.. ur eye go clear.

All d blood of d innocent soldiers u sent to maiduguri without weapons nd ammo will not let u rest

Alex Badeh, Jan 2015: Soldiers claiming they lack weapons are untruthful. Alex Badeh, July 2015: I headed a military that lacked equipment

1. Alex Badeh and Minimah and co are just buch of mistakes in the Leadership of our military.
2. Alex Badeh is a corrupt man from the word go, that OBJ regretted not retiring him. He should tell the world why OBJ transfered him out of the presidential fleet.
3. The reasons why military lacked weapons in GEJ's clueless regime is simply put to corruption. Blaming America as some of you are wont to do is simply self-serving.
4. Dasuki is yet to account for almost $1billion he collected to buy weapons, and what that amounted to in our weaponry. If Badeh says he headed a military that lacked weapons, pray tell how $1billion vamoosed and we had nothing to show for it? Or is the world using some space galaxies weapons?
5. I though Jonathan's and PDP's campaign slogan was that they bought more weapons than any previous government........Idiots

If you guys knew the lives that have been lost and many innocent men facing court marshal due to the greed and corruption of military Ogas, then we will pity the situation God just rescued us from with sending GEJ back to Otuoke.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo PDP Governorship Ticket / INEC Working For The PDP – Oshiomhole / Ranking Ex-Governors Move To Take Over Senate Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.