Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? (11540 Views)

TEN WORLD'S FRIENDLIEST Countries....canada Is 4th / Malta Is My Dream Country, Who Can Help Me Get There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:46am On Mar 25, 2009
You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.
You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.
You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.
You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
You find -40c a little chilly.
The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.
You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry and your Sorels.
You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.
You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada".
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Hotstepper(f): 5:51am On Mar 25, 2009
datz jokes, lol, some r true and sum r not, lol
Canadian r just easy ppl and dont fuss or pokenose like Americans,
etc, good nite
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Afam4eva(m): 5:58am On Mar 25, 2009
Hotstepper:

yes Afam but there r still slight differences,

The only difference i know of is that there are french canadians.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by tiffcisco(f): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2009
Hotstepper:

datz jokes, lol, some r true and sum r not, lol
Canadian r just easy ppl and dont fuss or pokenose like Americans,
etc, good nite

Haha yes I'll agree with you on this one!!! they never fuss!! We always do!! haha!!

Great example, One of my very best friends was chief designer for a canadian company (ports international) He had issues with his creative director because she said he was too arrogent and too fabulous. Well, he's an american designer from New York. He was way too fabulous for words, but he was supposed to be. He'd designer for couture houses in NY and some of the top names out there, and they are expected to be flamboyantly fabulous, and well, most are, what they accused him of being, He couldnt take it, and well. He's working on his own collection now.

Moral, Everyone has their cup of tea!! I'm used to cut throat New Yorkers. (The two people Im closest to are) Alrighty, I'm going to bed too now. I have to get up early and kill myself at the gym. Because this dear friend of mine (the evil designer) considers a size two to be overweight (his words are, fat cow, now u see why I'm so evil, my best friend verbally abuses ME!! lol), and he REFUSES to design my wedding dress if I dont drop, hmmm, sad, worst, my nigerian fiance thinks I look great, and tries to make me eat!! You can never please everyone, So just be happy!!! Yay!!! CTAL!!!
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Hotstepper(f): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2009
@tiffcisco, da way u r is good, b/w, wats ur nam on fb?
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by tiffcisco(f): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
my name tiffany francisco
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by ijawgirl: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2009
hi ijaw girl,

really lol how?? I've never heard this before, except maybe from a person who moved to Canada from a place that wasn't so great and sees it somehow as the "land of opportunity." (I had a polish friend say this abt china,  well, she moved from poland, so ya it was to her, )
Anyway, I have fam that lives in Canada (not much) and a few friends of course from there. My aunt had to move to there a long time ago bc of her ex husband, but they don't like it too much, just never moved back I guess. Perhaps its the cheap healthcare lol!! I wouldn't want to live there. Culture is totally diff. Are you originally from Canada?? Which part?? and Where did u live in the US? Just wondering? Im sure that has something to do with ur reasoning behind ur idea that Canada's far better

America is a corrupt country which survives on exploitation

Crime Rate, Canada's is very low, America's is very high.(just look at the crime rate in Detroit yuck! And Canadians are here complaining about the crime rate in Toronto

Canada is ranked the best place in the world to live in(UN)

Our debt is very low compared to yours which is simply ridiculous (you should thank Bush).

Public Education System, Canada's is renowned for its high quality, haha the american public education system sucks, canada's public education system is ranked far higher than the US.

Health Care System, Canada is internationally renowned for having one of the highest standards of medical practice, and our elevated standards of professionalism make our doctors and nurses sought after on an international level

Canada is regarded as one of the most tolerant nations in the world, and in regard to immigration, we promote vast multiculturalism of our new Canadians as opposed to America's assimilatory melting pot.

One thing that America does defeat us Canadians in is their low taxes. This is probably because we spend lots of money on things like FREE HEALTH CARE, and a highly regarded social safety net.

Although you have a strong economy, however, a lot of it is based around the military. 'War-based' manufacturers somewhat FORCE the government into war. Since government officials have invested in war-related industries, it suits their wallets best to invest in wars. It is almost essential the USA goes to war every few years to keep up with the manufacturing of all the war-related products. It's a vicious circle your economy is living off of, ultimately it may lead to an implosion--selling guns to Liberians during the war to kill their own people just for money, adding fuel to the fire, dumb/wicked americans

there are many countries where life is better than in the USA, the average American is in debt dont have health care and living pay check to pay check,  its a shame that you really think America is the best thing on Earth Please

just look at the GAP btw the rich and the poor in the US(embarrassing) the best country/richest country in the world my ass hiss* grin
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by mrcharlott(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2009
Thanks to Nairalander, I have 2 say d truth here NL, i don't have more than O'level for now, but d reason why I'm dreaming about Canada is that, I bought U.M.E. form last year and I made d result but post U.M.E got me out of the plan to be undergraduate in Ife (O.A.U) last yr. Though i bought new form again this yr for another school. But notwithstanding i have to pursue another thing in life, so that i don't put my mind in what can fail me again, so i just want to plan another thing as we all know that the time is not waiting for anyone and I know my age.  So i think if i should get opportunity to enter Canada or any other area in NORTH AMERICA, maybe to work there, i don't mind any kind of work it is, can be another movement in life and probably get into part time study there too.  So that's why i posted this thread for people that can help me get there and provide accommodation for me at first and then later be on my own or i can still stay with the person as the person wishes. And initially i posted it that i have my international passport ready and some money to process the journey, all i want is someone to accept me there and that can provide accommodation and any kind of job, (not fraud) for me. I promise to be good to the person in all situation. Once again i'm not requesting for money during the process, God will do that, all i want is someone to accept me. Thanks to NL, God bless you all.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Hotstepper(f): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2009
@tiffcisco, dere r alot of peeps with ur name on fb oo so i cant figure out which one is u
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by tiffcisco(f): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2009
oh lol go by my email address its tlfrancisco@aol.com dont email me on this one though cuz I only check my yahoo acct, but this is the best way to search me. Oh and put a little msg in it so I know its u cuz I normally dont accept people I dont know, but from all out convos (lol) I feel like Ive know u 4ever lol!!! Ciao!!
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Hotstepper(f): 1:54am On Mar 26, 2009
:d
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by tiffcisco(f): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
lol well at least I know the privacy settings work hahahaha!!! ok I just added u!!!!!
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by okeyz(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2009
but you babes can be very self centered sha, hotstepper and thiefcisco, sorry tiffcisco, mr mrcharlot started this thread and he is seeking for gaurdiance on how to get to Canada ,his dream land, and both of you are busy comparing US and Canada while ignoring his humble request,if not for his thread both of u wouldn,t have met,why dont u babes at least give him a candid advice if u have one, so he can get along with his life.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by denony(m): 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Very easy man

enter bus to benin
then from benin enter morroco
u can treck from morroco to Canada or spain wink

or come to apapa port
Any ship that just finished offloading goods,
hide under it, consult the experts they will tell u wat to do
u don't need passport in this case, just hide there
they will take u to canada and offload you, then u took off
enter refugee camp, chikina
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by AloyEmeka9: 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2009
Aparat from their health institution, i don't know what else is so attractive in canada my dear. they have no jobs out there for you. Why not move to the US, the land of the free?
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by CyberG: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2009
Well, this thread is being distracted from original information being sought by the poster. . . so you thread hijackers. . . back off 'cos we will treat you as terrorists. . .henceforth! grin grin

@Poster. . . getting into Canada by asking for someone to accommodate you is a long shot because this is putting the cart before the horse! If you wish to get in here LEGALLY, your quest starts at the CIC website : www.cic.gc.ca

Now, getting to Canada with your present qualifications, baring a miracle, is almost impossible except you wish to further your education or have parents living here. In the case of education, you will need to attend an interview during which you must demonstrate convincingly to the visa officer you intend to return to Nigeria after your studies (of course, you could get around that after you get here but you have to scale this hurdle first). If the parent angle is applicable to you, good, explore it as per the information on the website.

Finally, you may also wish to come here as a skilled worker but that is another long and involving process which you could explore. . . start from the website getting relevant information. Overall, you will need to show more than O'levels and significant work experience because it is a point-based system. If you score the minimum points, then you could take this further. There would be websites where you could put in your qualification & experience and get an idea of what your score might be if you applied.

In the meantime, make every effort to get into school in Naija, learn a trade, do something productive which would show that you have been busy all the while and not idling around. This is a big deal for your visa application and your resume when you apply for a job here. Employers like to see that an applicant has been busy and not staying at home doing nothing, so gaps in your resume are not good. Remember also, whatever you do: school or learning a trade, you better be good at it and pay attention because this is what will make your life easier when you get here. It is challenging and very competitive to be at the top and almost everything works on merit.

All the best!
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by proudly9ja(m): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
nawao, see as people hijaack the thread from the poor boy sad

@post
go to this site: http://www.immigrationattorney.ca/

His name is Leonard Simcoe. He can give you a free online evaluation based on your qualifications.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by MrCrackles(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2009
E don be! cheesy grin
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2009
qblaze:

I can get you into Canada as part of a politician's entourage but I'll get a commission for hooking you up. I'm not sure but I think you only get to pay after the visa is confirmed.

LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Dividends(m): 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ Brien:"@spoilt, why did u screamed? I wasnt actualy criticizin d poster , jst sum sort of correctn, clda bin a typographical error. Now corect me. Eh eh he!" See your life?
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
[size=20pt]New york city is my dream city, who can help me get there. If you do imma respect you till the day i die. Promise.[/size]
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by Geetoylaz(f): 5:15am On Apr 03, 2009
mrcharlott:

Thanks to Nairalander, I have 2 say d truth here NL, i don't have more than O'level for now, but d reason why I'm dreaming about Canada is that, I bought U.M.E. form last year and I made d result but post U.M.E got me out of the plan to be undergraduate in Ife (O.A.U) last yr. Though i bought new form again this yr for another school. But notwithstanding i have to pursue another thing in life, so that i don't put my mind in what can fail me again, so i just want to plan another thing as we all know that the time is not waiting for anyone and I know my age. So i think if i should get opportunity to enter Canada or any other area in NORTH AMERICA, maybe to work there, i don't mind any kind of work it is, can be another movement in life and probably get into part time study there too. So that's why i posted this thread for people that can help me get there and provide accommodation for me at first and then later be on my own or i can still stay with the person as the person wishes. And initially i posted it that i have my international passport ready and some money to process the journey, all i want is someone to accept me there and that can provide accommodation and any kind of job, (not fraud) for me. I promise to be good to the person in all situation. Once again i'm not requesting for money during the process, God will do that, all i want is someone to accept me. Thanks to NL, God bless you all.

ok the first step of trying to get to CA is by not posting it on here. secondly no one can help u get there but yourself, all u need is a little assistance like what ppl to talk to, what documents to hand in e.t.c. i currently live in tdot and i'm coming to naiaja in april. if u sincerly are intrested, i could do the walking around with u. so u see n know how u're progressing (trust me its a hell of a walk). agent cost a lotta money, but gets u more oragnised. it took abt three months to get mine. neways i know whats like to feel stuck in a palce u dont want to be in. thats why i'm offering to help, no charge. neways, go to www.cic.gc.ca and look up the requirements on your kinda immigration (immigrant, student, worker, enteprenuea, refugee. e.t.c) . i'd let u know though, that chances of getting a visa is 50/50 , n most important, keep in mind that that you can be successfull anywhere u are, it aint all green pasture over here. coming to canada wont turn u to an overnite millonire. so think hard.

1 Like

Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by ohaechesi(m): 9:16am On Apr 03, 2009
Geetoylaz:

ok the first step of trying to get to CA is by not posting it on here. secondly no one can help u get there but yourself, all u need is a little assistance like what ppl to talk to, what documents to hand in e.t.c. i currently live in tdot and i'm coming to naiaja in april. if u sincerly are intrested, i could do the walking around with u. so u see n know how u're progressing (trust me its a hell of a walk). agent cost a lotta money, but gets u more oragnised. it took abt three months to get mine. neways i know whats like to feel stuck in a palce u dont want to be in. thats why i'm offering to help, no charge. neways, go to www.cic.gc.ca and look up the requirements on your kinda immigration (immigrant, student, worker, enteprenuea, refugee. e.t.c) . i'd let u know though, that chances of getting a visa is 50/50 , n most important, keep in mind that that you can be successfull anywhere u are, it aint all green pasture over here. coming to canada wont turn u to an overnite millonire. so think hard.

hello gal, you sound real nice, would like to have a chat with.isn't that nice. cheers
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by cvibe: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2009
@ poster.

It is pointless entering illegally, as you would be more frustrated over there than in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by kaydee01: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2009
cupa helped me out, google it up, just try CUPA
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by abuja4real: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canada has an extremely high standard of living (3rd highest standard of living in the world), and it's still improving.

Rank Country HDI

1. Iceland 0.968 ▲ +0.001
2. Norway 0.968 ▲ +0.001
3. Canada 0.967 ▲ +0.002
4. Australia 0.965 ▲ +0.002
5. Ireland 0.960 ▲ +0.002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

ICELAND IS BUST[NO MORE MONEY]
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by sugabelle: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2009
I'm beginning to like dis canada but isn't it too cold? I h8 the freaking cold! tongue
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by debosky(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2009
It is cold, but HOT in summer. Besides, if you decide to move to a city like Vancouver, it doesn't get colder than London on average and still has nice summers.
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by PurestBoy(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
bigmodo:

[size=20pt]New york city is my dream city, who can help me get there. If you do imma respect you till the day i die. Promise.[/size]

YEAH, NEW YORK, THAT'S MY DREAM CITY TO LIVE. WILL START THE PROCESSING AFTER MY SERVICE
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by PurestBoy(m): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2009
bigmodo:

YEAH, NEW YORK, THAT'S MY DREAM CITY TO LIVE. WILL START THE PROCESSING AFTER MY SERVICE
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by symbian03(m): 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2009
Huh? Mrcharlot,i really know the kinda of help you need. But sorry not sure if you can get such here. All you can have here is advise and not accomodation, Mind you, no one will ever help a mate to make it in life unless if you struggle for you self. Good luck paddy
Re: Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? by eruakhor: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2009
what you are going there to do matters

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe / FG Spent N84m Shuttling Passengers Between Kaduna & Abuja In 6 Weeks / What Is Life Like In United State Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.