Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Many Planes To Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Many Planes To Canada? (11014 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2009
Some good travelers in d house, pls how many planes wld one board from Nigeria to Canada? And possibly d routes with diff Flights!
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2009
Am asking because my niece wil soon be traveln to Canada and wants dis info, jst incase, so dat she doesnt get missing on d way as some flight does to dem passengers.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 4:37am On Mar 13, 2009
wat airline does she wanna go with? KLM is da best cuz it is transit visa free if she is coming with a Nigerian Passport
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 13, 2009
Yes shes coming 4rm 9ja, where is d stop over on d transit visa stuff, is ther no direct flight?
Thank u stepper
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Thadude(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
Let her simply go to a travel agency in Naija, they will give her a ticket and inform her where and where she will be transiting her flight would not be more than 2flights. Airlines that will take her are: BA, Airfrance, KLM shikena.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 2:07am On Mar 14, 2009
There is no direct flight from Nigeria to US. the best option for her is KLM, From Naija to Netherlands and after 5-8 hrs, she will be transit to Canada, the gate where she will be staying to wait etc will be on her ticket and she can alwayz ask questions? How old is she? I was 17 wen I traveled on my own so she can do it, its very straight foward,
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by debie101(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2009
let her go with Airfrance, Lufthansa and delta airline she will only have a stopover in the airline origin and in some few hours she will get connected. these are the hours she will stay in each origin, check below

Airfrance 4 hours in Paris
Lufthansa 4hours 10min in Frankfurt
Delta airline 7hours in Atlanta
KLM 8hour 25min in amstardam
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2009
Debie_101, hotstepper & Tha_dude, much thanks 4 ya'll's contribution, meanwhile i am forwarding all this info to her so she cld make a vivid choice of hers. @hotstepp, she's 21 and should be on her way by early April or late. Any more info et' contributions would be appreciated.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2009
Since her waiting period and location wld be on her ticket, what times do fall to dis? Cld she be waiting during the nite hours as well, are there provisions 4 a guide while on their way, this and some more.
Thanks
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by debie101(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2009
she will land very Early in the morning and connect that same morning but on Delta airline it will be in the nite

Note: if she want to get her ticket you can give her my office address i can get her ticket for her
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2009
ok, she should be fine. all the information is very clearly written and she can alwayz ask questions. plz, I alwayz advise people to use KLM wen traveling esp. for the 1st time. The waiting time might be long but it is worth it. However, if she doesnt want to use it for one reason or another, she should make sure she goes with another airline that is visa free for Nigerians holding Nigerian passport if not, she has to go get a transit visa for that particular counry b4 she can embark on her journey. What part of Canada is she coming to?
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2009
Whaoo!! Debie, whats yo position on this, are u an agent or u jst personaly want to assit?? In dat case send me yo bio data and yo location lets c if this works out, meanwhile i'll like to go by what hotsteper has said using KLM, i hope she shld be fine.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2009
@htsteper, She'l be comin to stay with me in Vancouver, how abt that?
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2009
@htsteper, She'l be comin to stay with me in Vancouver, how abt that?
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2009
oh k, she will be fine. it is be easier than you think. if da fear cant leave her, den da best option is to hand her over to the airline people and they will take care of her until she gets to Canada. This is wat is normally done for younger kids and older people.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 15, 2009
Ok. Thanks.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by debie101(m): 10:40am On Mar 16, 2009
cheapest fare to Vancouver on KLM is 320,000 on economy class and all other prices are economy class too, that what the airline is selling to Canada and for me i am a client service officer working for a travel agent company if you want to contact me get me on the address below and we be looking forward to your patronage.

AIR-CONNECT
TRAVEL & TOURS LIMITED
Suite 21, 1st floor, Grandview shopping mall
Emmanuel Keshi Street, Magodo GRA, Ketu, Lagos
Tel: 01-7624664, 7654553, 08061355859
PERSONAL: 07036288205, 07036288208
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by debosky(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ brein

It doesn't even have to be KLM. She can use British Airways as well, depending on where in Canada she is flying to.

You can transit through Heathrow, and as long as you don't leave the airport, you won't need a transit visa.

If she is going to Vancouver, then British Airways is definitely the best bet. Fly into Heathrow and then fly to Vancouver from there. The flight is direct and I've personally used it on a number of occasions.

Cheapest to Vancouver is 320,000?? is that a return ticket??

Please check properly for yourself brein. I would advise British Airways from personal experience to Vancouver.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2009
@debie_ Gosh!!! N320,000? ? Shld dat be a return ticket or? That amount is absurd!
@debosky, the choice is my niece to make, am only bin supportive so she doesnt get victimised or bored. Thanks and i'l make my research.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by debie101(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2009
it gana be good if you make a reseach and am very sure i never give you a rong fare and mind you all fare give it on a return ticket, only if you want a oneway ticket, note that on british airway while coming from vancouver there is no connecting flight back to nigeria she will have to sleep over the nextday to connect to a flight coming to nigeria, plaese try to comfirm that only if she want a one way ticket
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by chijewel(f): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2009
pls wat will be the best airline to use to get to ontario? and does anyone know anything about Emirates?
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Delta007(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2009
aydracula:

Where in Ontario are you going. Is it Toronto? Anyway KLM fly to Toronto and it is very good. A friend of mine travel to Toronto with Emirate and emirate's price is the cheapest. Emirate is also good from what I heard. But guys believe that it is better to fly into canada thru Europe. I hope this help
Not necessarily. Emirates fly direct to Toronto from Dubai; However, it's a longer trip from Lagos since they have to go thru Dubai.

KLM, AirFrance, British Airways, Lufthansa all of them are good. Take your pick. I prefer flying BA but would also fly Emirates business class to Toronto cos of the experience.

debosky:

@ brein

It doesn't even have to be KLM. She can use British Airways as well, depending on where in Canada she is flying to.

You can transit through Heathrow, and as long as you don't leave the airport, you won't need a transit visa.

If she is going to Vancouver, then British Airways is definitely the best bet. Fly into Heathrow and then fly to Vancouver from there. The flight is direct and I've personally used it on a number of occasions.

Cheapest to Vancouver is 320,000?? is that a return ticket??

Please check properly for yourself brein. I would advise British Airways from personal experience to Vancouver.
BA (Lagos to Vancouver) no be am on the return leg. Because of the change in departure from Vancouver, you have to overnight in London. Unless you have something doing in London, it's pretty much a waste of time. And I'm not suprised at the N320k. I know someone who paid N400k in December for an economy seat from Lagos to Vancouver; the dollar/naira wahala is definitely affecting everything.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2009
Uhmm!
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ticket 320k!!!

AIYE MI OOOOOOOOO!!!

This is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2009
Delta007:

BA (Lagos to Vancouver) no be am on the return leg. Because of the change in departure from Vancouver, you have to overnight in London. Unless you have something doing in London, it's pretty much a waste of time. And I'm not suprised at the N320k. I know someone who paid N400k in December for an economy seat from Lagos to Vancouver; the dollar/naira wahala is definitely affecting everything.

Hey Delta bro, to stay overnight in London, doesn't one need a Transit Visa?
The flights to Canada Via British Airways are out of sync if one is coming from Nigeria. I still prefer flying with BA because of their 3 X 23 KG Checked baggage limit.
It's the highest standard baggage limit, good for bringing expensive food ingredients for mumsy.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2009
Josboy
It's the highest standard baggage limit
pls tell me more.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2009
3 checked luggage @ 23 KG
as opposed to other airlines which offer 2 @ 23 KG

Don't know how much stuff your sister intends on bringing, but this could be useful.

1 Like

Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 3:46am On Mar 20, 2009
I went with BA on myay 2 naija in 08, it was 2 luggages and 23 KG just like KLM
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2009
Oh, ok.
Re: How Many Planes To Canada? by Fidelo(m): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hi, I'll be travelling to canada next month. Pls help wit current info on preffrred airlines and current prices. Final destination is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa / Lagos Begins Enforcement Of Motorcycle Restriction Law Of 2012 / Lagos-Ibadan Closure: LASTMA, FRSC Embark On Assessment of The Traffic Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.