Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn (1103 Views)

Linus Idahosa Challenges Bruce Fein, US Lawyer's Claim About Nigeria / Recession Exit: US Denies Praising Nigerian Government / Duke Abiola: $9.3b Not $6b Was Stolen By Jonathan’s Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by tete7000(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2015
WASHINGTON, DC – July 29 – U.S.
officials have vehemently denied ever
telling a Nigerian Governor who
accompanied President Buhari to
Washington, DC, for a meeting with
President Obama from the 19th-22nd
of July, that a minister in the former
Goodluck Jonathan administration stole
$6 billion. The allegation was made by
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo
State. A call to high officials of the U.S.
Department of State said no U.S. official
ever made that kind of a statement. It
would be recalled that since President
Buhari took office, Mr. Oshiomhole has
been on a crusade to implicate some
former ministers in the former
Goodluck Jonathan of stealing money.
Mr. Oshiomhole has been on a running
battle with the former Minister of
Finance and Supervising Minister, Dr.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who he accused of
withdrawing $2 billion from
government accounts for Jonathan’s
reelection campaign. Dr. Okonjo-
Iweala who had served in the Obasanjo
administration as Minister of Finance
and Foreign Affairs, before resigning
and being appointed Managing
Director at the World Bank, from where
she left again to serve her country, has
denied the accusations. In May this
year, after leaving office, Yale
University honored Dr. Okonjo-Iweala
with an award for her outstanding
performance.
According to the State Department
official, “the U.S. should not be drawn
into such irresponsible comment as
alleged by Mr. Oshiomhole. America
has a transparent administration that
doesn’t hide when people make a
statement. If Mr. Oshiomhole claims a
U.S. official told him that a Nigerian
minister stole $6 billion, he should
name the official instead of hiding
behind an anonymous source.”
Nigerians are beginning to speculate
that Mr. Oshiomhole’s marriage to a
beautiful Ethiopian lady is getting to his
head. “He is trying to impress the
woman, as ugly and short as he is,”
said a Nigerian resident in Washington,
DC area. “He thinks by making all
these accusations and being in the
public eye, he could maintain her
staying with him. Look, his accusations
have already worked – Buhari took him and his wife to Washington-D.C.

Source:
africansuntimes.com/2015/07/u-s-officials-deny-oshiomholes-irresponsible-claptrap-about-a-jonathan-minister-stealing-6-billion/

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by ladyF(f): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hmmm

Time will tell.
Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
Meeting Obama don hype that ugly gov finish undecided
I wonder how Lara copes with him undecided

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by ice25(f): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
numerical diarrhoea

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by psucc(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
So Oshobaba don deputize Liar Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by Emekamex(m): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
Oshiomole- Minister of Foolish Facts and Figures

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by tete7000(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
I rely don't get why these APC men just think they can just throw decorum to the wind and speak anyhow. Even if anyone has truly gave the governor that information, I expected this rebuttal. I will do the same if I were in US shoe. You don't divulge confidential information that way. Anyway I never believe his story was ever true.
Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by Leboska(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
For me any thing comming from apc i don't bother reading or listening because i know is a lie.
Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by funkybully(f): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
Lying fool. This has made rubbish of all the baseless attacks on NOI.

Dwarf brain.

Oshi- omo - ole.

Diarrhea diarrhea mouth caused by lara's Kitty.

He goat.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by Adeyinka12(m): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
True ?
Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by DLuciano: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
Osho needs an WHO prescription to stop his numerical diarrhea
Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by Omenkata: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Oshiomole is a scallywag - Kwankwanso

1 Like

Re: US Denies Oshiomole's Claim About Jonathan Minister Stealing $6bn by emekamn(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
ice25:
numerical diarrhoea
very serious one

(1) (Reply)

Delta Assembly Suspends Baro, Uvwie LG Chairman / Photoa: Troops Kill Boko Haram Members Dressed In Nigerian Military Uniform / Passingshot Shows His Petty Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.