Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa (11058 Views)

Going To Cyprus For BSN Or USA For CNA. / Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos) / Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
jonaifame22:
Pls I need information on this,as I am a barber and a graduate as well,but wants to settle abroad,thank u!

Do you have paper to work in the UK?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
No,never travelled out before,why d'u ask?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by worry357: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
jonaifame22:

Because if you do not have authority to work in the UK or USA you are wasting peoples time by asking your questions!

Go away and study up on visa and working requirements.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by RedCapChief(m): 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
jonaifame22:
Pls I need information on this,as I am a barber and a graduate as well,but wants to settle abroad,thank u!

iblaw:

In March i was in Manchester and most places barb 10 pounds i was luck to find a place to barb 7 pounds. you do the calculation, this is something that cost me N200 here in Lagos.

I've being planning to open a thread on this matter.
I would not advise anybody to migrate solely for the purpose of becoming of a barber.

However, if you are going to study or do other legitimate business, then you are going to be in a good position.
People often look down on plumbers, electricians, barbers and the like here in Nigeria

until you have to shell out 80dollars to call your plumber shocked (This guy just came , did tum-bom-tum-bom, and left in less than 20mins)
or 100 dollars to your tailor for her to sow your ankara
or 20 dollars to get someone to make your hair.

If you can a skill before you travel, please do, you'll save (or even make extra ) cash.

Just ask Amefrica, CFCfan or saxywale

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
RedCapChief:

I would not advise anybody to migrate solely for the purpose of becoming of a barber.

However, if you are going to study or do other legitimate business, then you are going to be in a good position.
People often look down on plumbers, electricians, barbers and the like here in Nigeria

until you have to shell out 80dollars to call your plumber shocked (This guy just came , did tum-bom-tum-bom, and left in less than 20mins)

If you can a skill before you travel, please do, you'll save (or even make extra ) cash.

u're blessed my brother,Ive acquired the skills already,I own my own barbing salon here In lagos,u've been of help!thanks!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 02, 2015
RedCapChief:

You've said it all, bro. smiley I cut my hair for $25 here. cry

2 Likes

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 02, 2015
Sometime ago, a plumber charged $400 for a malfunctioning toilet.

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by zeezahbee(f): 1:42am On Aug 02, 2015
I just paid $100 to make my braid cry cry and the girl was even my classmate. She was even sounding as if she did a favor.

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Aulor(m): 5:36am On Aug 02, 2015
Sure, barbing is relatively lucrative here in the U.S. The average rate they charge here in NY is about $15( that's 3k naira).

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2015
@redcapchief @zeezanbee,@cfcfan @afmerica ,@aulor, u all have been helpful in ur posts,may God support u all too,thanks!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 9:06am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:

Then your chances of working legitimately in the UK is remote.

1 Like

Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 9:31am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

Then your chances of working legitimately in the UK is remote.
cos I've neva been there before or what?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
cos I've neva been there before or what?

....because you don't have work permit and will not be able to get one from Nigeria.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 10:10am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

....because you don't have work permit and will not be able to get one from Nigeria.
but it could be gotten upon my arrival there,right?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
but it could be gotten upon my arrival there,right?

Upon arrival on what type of visa?....what type of visa are you planning to leave Nigeria with?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

Upon arrival on what type of visa?....what type of visa are you planning to leave Nigeria with?
pls advice me on which visa will enable me work live and do business in either country
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by pbs4real(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
pls advice me on which visa will enable me work live and do business in either country
student visa i guessgrin
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by pbs4real(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2015
zeezahbee:
I just paid $100 to make my braid cry cry and the girl was even my classmate. She was even sounding as if she did a favor.
u stil refus'd to ans ma questn on health mtrsundecided
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:

You can't get any from Nigeria...the closest is student visa but it will not allow you to do business, you can work 20hrs a week during term time.

In your situation....you will not be able to get any visa from Nigeria that will enable you to live, work or do business in the UK or US
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

You can't get any from Nigeria...the closest is student visa but it will not allow you to do business, you can work 20hrs a week during term time.

In your situation....you will not be able to get any visa from Nigeria that will enable you to live, work or do business in the UK or US
okay,thanks,so after I arrive there on student visa I can then apply for a document to work and live there right?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
okay,thanks,so after I arrive there on student visa I can then apply for a document to work and live there right?

Again not really...first you need to finish your studies, get a good result then apply for work permit...but your chances are not great because it's not easy getting a work permit
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

Again not really...first you need to finish your studies, get a good result then apply for work permit...but your chances are not great because it's not easy getting a work permit
okay thanks!but I can do some lil work while schooling,right,maybe even the barbing of which I already have knowledge of
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
okay thanks!but I can do some lil work while schooling,right,maybe even the barbing of which I already have knowledge of

Sure you are allowed to work part time while studying and more hours during your holiday
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

Sure you are allowed to work part time while studying and more hours during your holiday
okay,thanks,vocational skills inclusive right?
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by justwise(m): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2015
jonaifame22:
okay,thanks,vocational skills inclusive right?

You can work with any skill you have apart from working as a doctor or running a business
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by jonaifame22(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

You can work with any skill you have apart from working as a doctor or running a business
thank u and God bless!
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by zeezahbee(f): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
pbs4real:
u stil refus'd to ans ma questn on health mtrsundecided
Lmao,i didn't see the question. No vex
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by pbs4real(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao,i didn't see the question. No vex
the 2nd timeundecided
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by beejhay69: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
jonaifame22:
thank u and God bless!
sent you a PM bro. kindly check and revert. thanks.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by beejhay69: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
jonaifame22:
thank u and God bless!
sent you a PM bro. kindly check and revert. thanks.
Re: Is Barbing. Profitable In Uk Or Usa by Jaqenhghar: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2018
souleymon:

So why did you go to school if you intend being a Nigerian barber abroad
Whay a shallow comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comprehensive Map Of Port Harcourt Or Warri? / Pictures Of The Real Lagos / Why Invest In Second Citizenship And Real Estate? By Citizenship Bay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.