Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun (38303 Views)

Insurgency War Won, Buratai Declares / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by handie(m): 3:32am On Jul 31, 2015
•Says he alienated Nigeria’s neighbours

From Ikenna Emewu, Abuja

The official visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to Cameroun to discuss joint efforts to curb Boko Haram in the region has thrown up an indictment of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

A very credible Presidency source told Daily Sun that in the anti-terror war, Jonathan did not do much in forming a synergy with leaders of Nigeria’s neighbouring countries.

The source said during Buhari’s interaction with his Camerounian counterpart, Paul Biya, he disclosed that Jonathan isolated himself from the leaders of Cameroun, Chad and Niger. “The major complaint, according to Biya, is that Jonathan never or seldom, at best, picked his calls. He said most times he called, Jonathan neither picked nor returned his calls. And as a result, the integration of efforts that should have stopped Boko Haram’s foray and unchallenged run was lacking.”

Biya, according to our source, said he was sure that leaders of other neighbouring countries had the same experience, and therefore, questioned how Nigeria alone would have contained Boko Haram, knowing it is an international terror group with roots and connections in some other countries from where they get into Nigeria and carry out attacks.

“This solo handling of the problem did not enable the neighbours put in much to solve the problem until it got this bad,” he said.

The source also indicated that the Jonathan administration was lax and reluctant to bring under control people very close to that government who are flagrantly involved in crude oil theft and diversion.

According to the source, while Jonathan was in power, he was aware that certain persons close to him and coming under the guise of the protection of his government were involved in high scale oil theft.

Another source from the security outfit currently interrogating some key personalities of the past administration disclosed that one of them that was detained and later released told security agencies the Jonathan administration was quite privy to crude oil theft using some government agencies and individuals as fronts.

Daily Sun was told that the administration acted in compromise while the theft lasted and never did much in checking the agencies, individuals and security fronts used in the theft.

“There is no individual that would have access to the crude oil loading terminals, bring in a vessel and load the product and set sail to the high seas without being caught. We have several agencies of government from the petroleum corporation to the conventional security bodies like the Navy and other government bodies that patrol the territorial waters, even private security outfits.

“So it is practically impossible that someone would beat all these hurdles unaided and sail out with loads of crude oil. The government was aware of the people involved and when or where the crude oil was taken. The neighbouring countries we share common sea boundaries with also knew that the Nigerian government under Jonathan merely compromised in the theft,” our source said.

…Ex-CDS blames fifth columnists for slow progress

By Philip Nwosu

Former Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh yesterday lamented the presence of some unpatriotic elements in the Armed Forces, explaining that their activities are impeding the anti-terror war.

Speaking at a pull-out parade organized to mark his disengagement from the military in Abuja, the former CDS said the Fifth Columnists in the military and other security agencies leaked operational plans and other sensitive information to the insurgents, thereby hampering the operations of the Armed Forces in the North-East.

He said: “The activities of Fifth Columnists in the military and other security agencies who leaked operational plans and other sensitive military information to terrorists, combined to make the fight against the insurgents particularly difficult.

“The activities of these unpatriotic members of the military not only blunted the effectiveness of the fight, but also led to the needless deaths of numerous officers and men who unwittingly fell into ambushes prepared by terrorists who had advance warnings of the approach of such troops,” he noted.

He said the decision by certain countries to deny Nigeria weapons to prosecute the war against insurgents also added to the challenges the military faced in anti-terror war. According to him, “the task of co-ordinating the military and other security agencies is perhaps the most complex and challenging assignment I have had in my over 38 years in service.

“For the first time, I was head of a military that lacked the relevant equipment and motivation to fight an enemy that was invisible and embedded with the local populace. Added to this, was the exploitation of a serious national security issue by a section of the press and the political class to gain political mileage.”

The former CDS said upon assumption of office, he envisioned a Defence Headquarters that would ensure effective co-ordination of the Armed Forces to meet the security aspirations of a united democratic Nigeria.

adding that “this became necessary in view of my desire to galvanise the entire Armed Forces in support of Operation Zaman Lafiya, which was, and still is mainly an Army operation.”

Marshal Badeh explained said the Defence Headquarters set out to combat insurgency with the excellent co-operation from the service chiefs and Heads of other security and Para-military organisations pointing out that these cooperation paid off as “we were able to record some notable successes.”

While listing his achievements as Chief of the Air Staff, Marshal Badeh lamented the dearth of pilots, adding that, “a major challenge we inherited in the area of human resource development, was the huge pilot generational gap that existed as a result of the lack of pilots among the members of five Nigerian Defence Academy courses some of whom were already Squadran Leaders and Wing Commanders.

“ Faced with this challenge, I projected into the future and found out to our dismay that the NAF was going to be faced with problems of deploying these categories of officers to key leadership positions which have been designated for pilots by establishment. In other to solve this problem, I approved the training of some of the officers who had been carefully screened and selected. As it is with such decisions, I faced lots of oppositions. However I remained undaunted and today, most of these officers have completed pilot training and are deployed to some of our flying units. “That singular determination to aggressively pursue the training of pilots has solved the problem of generational gap for pilots in the Nigerian Air Force,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/insurgency-war-cameroun-indicts-jonathan/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 31, 2015
SUMMARY

*Jonathan never or seldom, at best, picked my
calls ~Biya

*Crude oil theft

MY COMMENT

Mr. Biya, don't blame Jonathan..APC here were busy criticising him of not being able to curb the menace of BH alone..e.g Elrufai said he visited chad bla bla bla

Oil theft:
Stamping out corruption in Nigeria look more like future impossible tense to me ? Cos Nigeria itself was birth out of corruption by Lord Lugard. The foundation was built on corruption right from inception more so all the leaders that surfaced inherited the corruption including the very illiterate shouting "I will pyt kwwuwuption". He was in govt on diff occassion and at diff capacity.. he stole enough n to share only to come now n form rebirth..my pity only goes to gullible that biliv the empty poor old fellow

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by doctokwus: 3:51am On Jul 31, 2015
The sheer incompetence and cluelessness of GEJ,manifested in a monumental failure which several presidents and top govt officials who came across him have been attesting to should be a case of study.
The essence of the study is to find out those ingrained factors and behavioural traits in the person of GEJ that produced the unmitigated disaster he turned out to be.
Only God knows if he didn't also refused to pick the calls of president Obama when he was in one of his ...states.

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by mekonglobal(m): 4:00am On Jul 31, 2015
Ok, maybe dats not his mundus of operandi, GEJ's administration hv come n gone, so can we move forward pls!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 31, 2015
doctokwus:
The sheer incompetence and cluelessness of GEJ,manifested in a monumental failure which several presidents and top govt officials who came across him have been attesting to should be a case of study.
The essence of the study is to find out those ingrained factors and behavioural traits in the person of GEJ that produced the unmitigated disaster he turned out to be.
Only God knows if he didn't also refused to pick the calls of president Obama when he was in one of his ...states.
Do u worship Obama that much?

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by temitemi1(m): 4:15am On Jul 31, 2015
Well, we are still waiting for our traveler president to bring boko haram to an end in 2 months as promised during his campaign, two months gone n boko haram are still waxing stronger!

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by owobokiri(m): 4:19am On Jul 31, 2015
Biya and his charade. Paul Biya that has been fighting Nigeria since 1982. Jonathan was aware of his role in this mess.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by dayo23(f): 4:20am On Jul 31, 2015
temitemi1:
Well, we are still waiting for our traveler president to bring boko haram to an end in 2 months as promised during his campaign, two months gone n boko haram are still waxing stronger!
immediately I saw your signature I actually did not expect anything sensible coming out from your cluelesss brain PDP robot

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Willswise(m): 4:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by dustmalik: 4:27am On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
brooklyn49:
SUMMARY

*Jonathan never or seldom, at best, picked my
calls ~Biya

*Crude oil theft

MY COMMENT

Mr. Biya, don't blame Jonathan..APC here were busy criticising him of not being able to curb the menace of BH alone..e.g Elrufai said he visited chad bla bla bla

Oil theft:
Stamping out corruption in Nigeria look more like future impossible tense to me ? Cos Nigeria itself was birth out of corruption by Lord Lugard. The foundation was built on corruption right from inception more so all the leaders that surfaced inherited the corruption including the very illiterate shouting "I will pyt kwwuwuption". He was in govt on diff occassion and at diff capacity.. he stole enough n to share only to come now n form rebirth..my pity only goes to gullible that biliv the empty poor old fellow
[/s]
Trash

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 31, 2015
[s]
doctokwus:
[/s]
Beans

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by luvmijeje(f): 4:53am On Jul 31, 2015
“The
major complaint, according to Biya, is that
Jonathan never or seldom, at best, picked his
calls. He said most times he called, Jonathan
neither picked nor returned his calls. And as a
result, the integration of efforts that should
have stopped Boko Haram’s foray and
unchallenged run was lacking.”

Jonathan's hands are not clean. No President can be this nonchalant if he's not directly or indirectly benefiting from the crisis.

62 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by saintneo(m): 5:16am On Jul 31, 2015
I will not believe this nonsense. Jonathan is not that kind of person.

BTW, have a look at Nigeria glo Premier League Fixtures and the Star Match of the Week.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by funlord(m): 5:19am On Jul 31, 2015
grin
That ebeles _stupidity was just legendary! It must have been factory fitted! E be like say those his cowboy x fedora hats used 2 cut off the oxygen supply 2 his brain! Good riddance 2 otueke rubbish!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Realisticman: 5:21am On Jul 31, 2015
250000, 400000 barrels of crude oil stolen daily! The president must be aware! But Nepotism, slave mentality and ethno- religious bias have so be clouded some of us that shamelessly still come out to defend that rogue and his cohorts. Imagine what that amount could have done to develop a region in Nigeria.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by pyyxxaro: 5:24am On Jul 31, 2015
Una good morning oooo

Abeg who know where I fit buy akamu dis early morning sad

Just passing shaa

10 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by phlemzy: 5:28am On Jul 31, 2015
dayo23:
immediately I saw your signature I actually did not expect anything sensible coming out from your cluelesss brain PDP robot
That e-rat may soon run out of operation as PDP is gradually going broke,hence downsizing.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Otherique: 5:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Its been over 2 months PMB took over, has oil theft stopped?

What's Nigeria's overall Oil output currently?
I hope you can stop posting crap and go make luv jejely as your moniker said.

luvmijeje:

Jonathan's hands are not clean. No President can be this nonchalant if he's not directly or indirectly benefiting from the crisis.

22 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by psucc(m): 5:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Oh how soon we tend to forget.

Only if we can tell ourselves the truth, we would actually know how, why and where we missed the mark that gave the Boko Haram a voice and a stand.

The various roles and utterances of our Northern elites especially that of the incumbent President, Buhari were the fuel that drove them mad.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by sanandreas(m): 5:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Speak up at the right time. Biya stop blackmailing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by luvmijeje(f): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2015
Otherique:
Its been over 2 months PMB took over, has oil theft stopped?

What's Nigeria's overall Oil output currently?
I hope you can stop posting crap and go make luv jejely as your moniker said.

grin grin Thank God you know is 2 months in comparison to 5 years of Jonathan's failure.

So far, the President is walking the talk and acting the part.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by AnyibestDede(m): 6:07am On Jul 31, 2015
GEJ is gone and we hv a new govt. now so lets move on pls. Only time we tell if we are on the right track, GOD bless us all

20 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Smooyis(m): 6:30am On Jul 31, 2015
What is Nigeria oil production output now?

3 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by khassy(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2015
handie:
Source: sunnewsonline.com/new/insurgency-war-cameroun-indicts-jonathan/

where's the TOMATOundecided

2 Likes

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by Gogetta(m): 6:59am On Jul 31, 2015
Jonathan must go to jail or the ICC! Bloody 1diot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by CreampieAngela(f): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2015
Fi
Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by CreampieAngela(f): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2015
psucc:
Oh how soon we tend to forget.

Only if we can tell ourselves the truth, we would actually know how, why and where we missed the mark that gave the Boko Haram a voice and a stand.

The various roles and utterances of our Northern elites especially that of the incumbent President, Buhari were the fuel that drove them mad.
The Boko Harm insurgency started during the administration of late President Umar Musa Yar'adua. He didnt blame the opposition as jonathan did; he ordered the NA to sweep in on them and they did.

Mohammed Yusuf, the erstwhile leader of Boko Haram was arrested and extra judicialy killed and their Ibn Tiamiyyu Mosque at Maiduguri was burnt. How many times did the NA tell us that they had killed Shekau during GEJ's administration?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2015
luvmijeje:

You failed to remember that each time boko haram attacked Nigeria then they ran to Cameroun, not until they kidnapped the wife of the deputy prime minister and started attacking Cameroun, that was when that dictator, Paul Biya woke up.
Of course i don't believe that story cause each time Buhari travels, he must come back with negative story about Goodluck. Eg Ex minister stole 6billions USD

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by sammyj: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2015
shocked GEJ and all the former service chief should be probed by PMB if wailers like let them talk but the truth must be told!!! cool grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by handie(m): 7:22am On Jul 31, 2015
Mmmm. Jonathan. What did u really do well apart from drinking ogogoro?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:26am On Jul 31, 2015
When Cameroon had understanding with Bokoharam to Spear Territory for Leniency.

Nigeria, Cameroon may clash over Boko Haram

There are strong indications that Nigeria and Cameroon may clash over Boko Haram as the Federal Government accuses Cameroon of harbouring members of the militant Islamic sect.

Saturday PUNCH learnt on Thursday that the Federal Government was becoming increasingly frustrated by the refusal of Cameroon to cooperate with Nigeria in its efforts to combat the militant Islamic sect.

A top source in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who confided in one of our correspondents in Abuja, said that President Goodluck Jonathan would report Cameroon to relevant agencies in the United Nations.

Part of government’s strategy is to adopt the policy of hot pursuit, whereby Nigeria’s military will chase the insurgents into their hideouts and flush them out while those in the diplomatic circles will continue with diplomacy.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that this was one of the reasons why Jonathan canvassed that countries should be allowed to chase fleeing terrorists to other nations while addressing fellow African leaders during Thursday’s International Conference on Human Security, Peace and Development: Agenda for 21st Century Africa, in Abuja.

He had asked his colleagues to, as of  necessity, change their collective approach and work closely together to confront and defeat the purveyors of hate who do not respect borders and boundaries.

He said, “Our architecture must recognise the fact that trans-border criminals don’t respect boundaries while law enforcement agencies are compelled to respect our international boundaries,’’ adding,  “There must be compromise on this if we must wipe out criminality and trans-border crimes.

“While we respect our national boundaries, terrorists move in and out of our borders, it’s now time that we should agree as African leaders that an act of terror against one nation is an act of terror against all nations.”

In a veiled reference to Cameroon, the President said, “We must not allow our countries to become safe havens for terrorists; we must cooperate maximally beyond political boundaries and adopt protocols that allow other countries to pursue terrorists to their safe havens in other nations.

“While we cannot redefine our borders we can redefine our collective approach in fighting trans-boundary insurgencies.’’

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the Federal Government was of the view that since the joint commissions had not yielded any positive fruit, it should start looking towards a new direction.

“The best option is to involve the military and use the policy of hot pursuit,’’ a foreign ministry source noted.

The Federal Government believes Cameroon has a history of harbouring criminals that use its territory to destabilise Nigeria.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the Federal Government was aware of Cameroon’s   unexplainable indifference to Nigeria. One of the sources said that as early as 1906, northern Nigeria suffered from violence orchestrated by religious leaders whose roots were in northern Cameroon.

It was further learnt that the Federal Government was disturbed that Cameroon, unlike  Niger and Chad, had been providing a safe haven for fleeing Boko Haram members in northern Cameroon.

Nigeria’s frustrations were echoed by President Goodluck Jonathan, who during the last presidential media chat, made a veiled reference to contacts being made with Cameroon over Boko Haram.

According to a source, the 1906 Mahdist rebellion in Kano has an imprint of such pseudo Islamic teachers.

The source recalled that Mallam Muhammadu Marwa, better known as “Maitatsine” a Fulani native of Marwa, in northern Cameroon, was driven from the northern commercial city of Kano back to Cameroon by the Emir of Kano in 1962.

He further noted that Maitatsine returned to Nigeria in 1966 as a Quranic teacher. “Marwa remained in the country recruiting and indoctrinating gullible young men until he led an insurgency in the 1980s,’’ he added.

Commenting specifically on the Boko Haram insurgency, the source said, “From all indications, there appears to be an unwritten understanding between the sect members and Cameroonian security forces that they can operate from bases within their borders as long as they don’t launch attacks within Cameroon.

“Cameroon has a history of harbouring criminals who use its territory to destabilise Nigeria. You may wish to recall that the leader of the Maitatsine Islamic sect operated from Marwa, a Cameroonian border with Nigeria’’

Also, a retired diplomat who pleaded anonymity, expressed disappointment that Cameroon had failed to reciprocate Nigeria’s generosity, especially after giving up the Bakassi Peninsula.

He, however, said the situation was not hopeless if Nigeria could leverage on its healthy relationship with western powers like the United States and the United Kingdom to put pressure on France who in turn would call Cameroon to order.

Investigations by Saturday PUNCH further showed that Nigerian diplomats were at their wits end after several diplomatic entreaties through the Nigeria/Cameroon Joint Commission which sought to strengthen bilateral ties between the two neighbours failed.

The source made reference to America’s war in Afghanistan which he said was part of US strategy of taking the war on terrorism to insurgents outside US borders.

Military sources, who also pleaded anonymity because they were not authorised to speak on the issue, confirmed the agreement between Cameroonian gendarmes and Boko Haram operatives to Saturday PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-cameroon-may-clash-over-boko-haram/

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun by papaejima1: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Nonsense

EDIT: The man above me beat me to the mark. Exactly what I wanted to post to put that idiotic Biya in his place.

Biya is an idiot that has held cameroon hostage for several decades and impoverished his people. When BH came to collect their "salary" he ran to chad for help.

The same biya that gave BH arms in exchange for releasing the wife of their VP! Where and on who did he expect BH to use the weapons on?

Biya, your problems are just starting.
If PMB succeeds in defeating BH in Nigeria, we will chase the rest into cameroon to always keep you busy and probably force your people to finally get some sense and chase you out of govt house. Idiat!!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / Devil Almost Blinded My Eye But God Spared My Life" - Beautiful Lady(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.