Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,554 members, 7,843,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. (419 Views)

Nigeria’s Horrors And Hopes / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough / London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. by honeywealth75(m): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2015
* I dream of a new Nigeria where every ethnic group will be respected,where citizens will be free to reside in any part of the country without fear of victimization or any form of persecution,

*where everybody will be free to practise his or her own religion.

*where the office of the president will be respected and the president addressed as Mr president and not being called names like Daura President, baba go slow etc.

*where the freedom of information will be actually free, and not only written on papers.

*where we can have an open budget and citizens would have an unhindered access to track it online so that we can track what our collective wealth are being used for,

* where we will have a good security system in place.

* where a lagosian can travel to maiduguri in less than 3hours by modern day railway networks to have a holiday in a national wildlife or park.

* where we will see no more boxing and wrestling in our national assemblies and the state assemblies, instead our sport industries should be elevated so we can watch boxings and wrestlings by trained professionals and not lawmakers.

*where everybody will be equal before the law, no matter your social status.

Feel free to add whatever you think its missing.

*where everybody will have a respect for the rule of law.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. by VaselineJelly: 10:29am On Jul 31, 2015
In this your dream Nigeria, can an Hausa man be governor in Lagos?

can an Igbo man be governor in Kaduna?

can a Yoruba man be governor in Enugu?

if not, then Nigeria is still a joke of a country.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. by honeywealth75(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2015
VaselineJelly:
In this your dream Nigeria, can an Hausa man be governor in Lagos?

can an Igbo man be governor in Kaduna?

can a Yoruba man be governor in Enugu?

if not, then Nigeria is still a joke of a country.
av said dat already, when u are free to reside anywhere without fear and there is a sense of belonging to dat particular community, then u can seek a public office.its already happening in lagos, we av an ibo commisioner its a gradual process we will get there soon.
Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream. My Thoughts, Expectations And Hopes For My Country. by Chubhie: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Until that day which may never come, Accept my deepest condolences.

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed At An ATM Machine. / Forged Senate Elections: Police Chief To Appear Before Court / Racism:black Is The Father Of All Races

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.