Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF (25847 Views)

Uwazuruike Apologises To The North; Says Protests Politically Motivated / Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by mrtimycc(m): 6:44am On Aug 01, 2015
phyllosilicate:
on Buhari appointment, I can't say for now until he has constituted his cabinet. We are not been fair on Him, I think. Buhari has mostly appointed security positions and in this type of appointments, you appoint those you trust. Like I said before, I am from SS, if I am the president today, do you expect my ADC, SCO, NSA, head of DSS, Chief of Army staff should come from the North? Or you want make hypertension kill me?
Jonathan appointed southerners in all this key security positions when he was elected, why people didn't notice was because he appointed his ministers along with them.
Oga you no sabi anything at all... How old are you see?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Richiest(m): 7:13am On Aug 01, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am from the south south, and I support fiscal federalism. My is, if one is calling for a National dialogue, all regions should be fairly represented. And the delegate should be chosen by their people. Jonathan just hand picked people. Less call a spade a spade.
The truth is dat Jonathan favoured mostly his Ijaw brothers when choosing who and who to represent the south south, Besides I believe that there are still some burning issues that this administration need to address if we have to move ahead as a nation.
It should also be noted that the south south or Niger Delta region is not made up of Ijaws alone.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by bdchange(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2015
I took time to read the comments here frm 0 to 7 pages and i find out dat most of us knw d solution to our problems as we av pointed out wit d likes of chiaka, demdem and so on.

but i bleaf d political aligators wud neva allow dis tins to work because of dr personal interest and it will continue to be a cycle till God knws wen.

thou i bleaf one day it will be inevitable to stop.........until den we must find ways to continue living in peace as nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by afroniger: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2015
kaycid77:

And you think it will be passed undecided, Northerners dont care about what party wants but what will benefit them first as a Northern unit, this is the area SS and SE need to adjust and think since SW has decided to be South spoilers. There are more languages in the North than the south but they have manage to unit while dividing South South and South East using South west as the joker

Oh, are you suggesting to me that even if GEJ had forwarded the report to a PDP controlled and dominated National Assembly itt still would not have passed? Am sorry but I disagree. That's like saying the whole confab exercise was therefore a mere waste of time and resources. I disagree.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Very funny country. Those that make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable. Just like Emir Sanusi once said "The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.
After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity."
May God help us, Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by sweetgala(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
xtrorse:

Sorry o, we both may not have anything in common, not even value system. Your type is difficult to deal with, for you rarely make objective comments devoid of prejudiced colorations. 

You appear to make your points overbearingly and end up not being entirely truthful to yourself! For clarity sake, your previous comments were marked with strike-throughs for you to reconsider your thought processes, learn to be fair and discreet to make objective points even when the truth hurts you. You should not be influenced by personal feelings when considering and representing facts simply because the unjust lopsided status quo in the polity favours you. 

I stated very valid facts, and to correct you this apparent lopsided situation favours nobody, it has impeeded true progress but with so many people reading an agenda into innocent actions the distractions abound.

I'm Yoruba from Osun state, the least favoured state in the Nigerian conception, a state that has been making great effort to remodel the education system and welfare of citizens. A state that absored 50% of the old oyo states civil servants , a vast majority of those guys are now retired with a sizable pension monthly, the Nigerian FG has decided that they are not important because they are not from an oil producing state. I never mentioned that before because it would be a sentimental comment.

Now take that fact and run with it. You have no real input
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
kotv:

Correction. north and south west chose to remove him because of their glaring tribalism.

When the north and south West voted him in 4 yrs ago, dud the issue of tribalism come to play then? U are ignorant. He was booted out because he has proven himself to be incompetent.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
xtrorse:
[s][/s]
It's time you stopped spreading lies...

What lies? Was he not booted out?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2015
sweetgala:

I stated very valid facts, and to correct you this apparent lopsided situation favours nobody, it has impeeded true progress but with so many people reading an agenda into innocent actions the distractions abound.

I'm Yoruba from Osun state, the least favoured state in the Nigerian conception, a state that has been making great effort to remodel the education system and welfare of citizens. A state that absored 50% of the old oyo states civil servants , a vast majority of those guys are now retired with a sizable pension monthly, the Nigerian FG has decided that they are not important because they are not from an oil producing state. I never mentioned that before because it would be a sentimental comment.

Now take that fact and run with it. You have no real input

Point of order, your Yoruba tribe has been largely favoured by the lopsided arrangement in the polity! That's why a great number of you bigots would prefer the status quo to remain. A number of Yorubas have used the unjust system to their advantage, looting the treasury with reckless abandon. Yoruba leaders wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state! Do I begin reeling out names of Yoruba people who have raped this country to death?

If you are not comfortable with the lopsided situation in the country, why would you and your lots rant endlessly whenever you hear that Igbos seek to be on their own?

That you hail from Osun cannot erase the fact that many of your comments are laden with prejudiced colorations. That's the true character of a typical Yoruba person, educated or not. If you are sincere you won't overtly or covertly support the evils been perpetrated in this country. Your type should have been the first to support whichever group that wishes to be on their own instead of wailing as if your life sustenance is being taken away! That would afford your people the opportunity of developing Osun State to your taste. But you would rather whine and rant, advancing silly reasons why Osun State should be entitled to 13% oil derivative or whatever you are subtly clamouring for inspite of the free handouts you get courtesy of the oil wealth from another man's backyard. 

Yorubas ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the Nigerian companies they took over by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. That was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! Hiding under government, the banks gave majorly Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis loans to buy up foreign companies they did not build. The same money stolen from Igbos by the Gowon government!

If there is any southern tribe that has gained much from this fraudulent union, it is the Yoruba tribe! Whenever you use every available media to shout and make much noise it is to create room for more looting for yourselves! 

If truly you and your lots are not the problem of this country why do you always weep and wail when Igbos talk of walking away from this contraption? 

No matter your education and exposure, people like you in the society are known not to be truthful; you speak from both sides of the mouth. You pontificate as if you are objective and sincere, feigning ignorance of the evil of the day.

I make bold to tell you that your Yoruba tribe have only flourished at the expense of others courtesy of the unjust system, of which you are a beneficiary!

To just state it as it is, there is nothing sweet or palatable about your gala!

Now take that fact and run with it. You have no real input...
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 8:52am On Aug 03, 2015
poseidon12:

Because the status quo favors the north.

The same Status quo is the reason Nigeria is currently in dis- array! until issues like these are addressed Nigeria will hardly make a significant head way that will be anything near that of developed country!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2015
onoja12:
OF COURSE WE KNOW WHO WAS THE CHAIRMAN(PUPPET),EDWIN CLARK DESIGN THE AGENDA FOR THE CONFERENCE AND YOU CAN REMEMBER AT THE END THE RECOMMENDATION WERE DONE IN HIS HOUSE AND THEN THEY TRIED YOU GET IT PASSED ON THE FINAL DAY WHICH THE NORTH REJECTED BUT THEY STILL PASSED IT ANYWAY.LET US BE HONEST THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS THAT WE DON'T LIKE TELLING OURSELF THE TRUTH

Source or it one of those comment!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2015
Demdem:

Rubbish. Nigerians from both the North and the south chose and succedded to boot him out simply because of his incompetence and nothing more. It wasnt just a northern affair.

Every thing was designed by the north they just looked for followers! that's all!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2015
millionaireman:

You don't even understand why people continue to demand for states in the face of the reality that many of the existing states can't even pay salaries to civil servants. The existing political structure makes Nigeria a semblance of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" It must be restructured in a democracy.

Tinubu has been asking for true and fiscal federalism before APC, tell him to tell Buhari to implement true and fiscal federalism if you know how a pluralistic country like Nigeria is supposed to be run. Methinks, at one point, even Buhari preached for return of fiscal federalism to Nigeria. You are being fooled.
Idonbelieve you deserve any more response from me.

Is not that there are too many states but There are too many unviable states. Just like during bank reformation some banks had to be merged with other banks or allow them selves to be acquired by some bigger banks the same thing we need to do to Nigeria. Lots of the states are 100% parasitic , contributing nothing and taking everything from the federal purse. With true federalism some state will on their own merge with others if they see that they cannot support or sustain themselves. The current state creation is unhealthy to the system with too many states contribute next to nothing...... to the federal purse.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2015
sweetgala:

There are already too many states, only foolish Nigerians think we should continue living this existence of separatism, exceptionalism tribalism . We need emancipation and a mode of thinkin which promoted nationalism and patriotic agendas.

It took the united states less than 40 years to defeat to post civil war North / confederacy divide. I don't remember hearing southerners complaining that the capital is in Washington DC

Is not that there are too many states but There are too many unviable states. Just like during bank reformation some banks had to be merged with other banks or allow them selves to be acquired by some bigger banks the same thing we need to do to Nigeria. Lots of the states are 100% parasitic , contributing nothing and taking everything from the federal purse. With true federalism some state will on their own merge with others if they see that they cannot support or sustain themselves. The current state creation is unhealthy to the system with too many states contribute next to nothing...... to the federal purse.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:20am On Aug 03, 2015
millionaireman:

You don't even understand why people continue to demand for states in the face of the reality that many of the existing states can't even pay salaries to civil servants. The existing political structure makes Nigeria a semblance of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" It must be restructured in a democracy.

Tinubu has been asking for true and fiscal federalism before APC, tell him to tell Buhari to implement true and fiscal federalism if you know how a pluralistic country like Nigeria is supposed to be run. Methinks, at one point, even Buhari preached for return of fiscal federalism to Nigeria. You are being fooled.
Idonbelieve you deserve any more response from me.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=36467291][/quote]

I hope you don't get roasted by your hatred for Jona agreed the guy guff in some ways put you taking it too far!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by pazienza(m): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2015
xtrorse:

Point of order, your Yoruba tribe has been largely favoured by the lopsided arrangement in the polity! That's why a great number of you bigots would prefer the status quo to remain. A number of Yorubas have used the unjust system to their advantage, looting the treasury with reckless abandon. Yoruba leaders wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state! Do I begin reeling out names of Yoruba people who have raped this country to death?

If you are not comfortable with the lopsided situation in the country, why would you and your lots rant endlessly whenever you hear that Igbos seek to be on their own?

That you hail from Osun cannot erase the fact that many of your comments are laden with prejudiced colorations. That's the true character of a typical Yoruba person, educated or not. If you are sincere you won't overtly or covertly support the evils been perpetrated in this country. Your type should have been the first to support whichever group that wishes to be on their own instead of wailing as if your life sustenance is being taken away! That would afford your people the opportunity of developing Osun State to your taste. But you would rather whine and rant, advancing silly reasons why Osun State should be entitled to 13% oil derivative or whatever you are subtly clamouring for inspite of the free handouts you get courtesy of the oil wealth from another man's backyard. 

Yorubas ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the Nigerian companies they took over by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. That was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! Hiding under government, the banks gave majorly Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis loans to buy up foreign companies they did not build. The same money stolen from Igbos by the Gowon government!

If there is any southern tribe that has gained much from this fraudulent union, it is the Yoruba tribe! Whenever you use every available media to shout and make much noise it is to create room for more looting for yourselves! 

If truly you and your lots are not the problem of this country why do you always weep and wail when Igbos talk of walking away from this contraption? 

No matter your education and exposure, people like you in the society are known not to be truthful; you speak from both sides of the mouth. You pontificate as if you are objective and sincere, feigning ignorance of the evil of the day.

I make bold to tell you that your Yoruba tribe have only flourished at the expense of others courtesy of the unjust system, of which you are a beneficiary!

To just state it as it is, there is nothing sweet or palatable about your gala!

Now take that fact and run with it. You have no real input...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:25am On Aug 03, 2015
Demdem:

Has Jonah-daft apologized for calling leaders of a part of a country RASCALS? Pending that, the fool is simply reaping from what he sowed.

Keep hating. Is good for your heart!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2015
Demdem:

Look at the legacy Jonah-daft bequeathed to us as a nation. by the time he was going, the fool was borrowing to pay salaries. isnt that a daft legacy? he surely lived to his name and will continue to do so. live with it. grin

grin One day be one day Hate for Jona go wound you o! lol! You sabi hate o!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2015
nagoma:

Buhari has more important issues to attend to than implementing the warped report of wasteful unconstitutional jamboree with a misnomer of "national conference".

Until Buhari & Tinubu implement true federalism as they faked to support during the campaign, APC means nothing to me but fraud!

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 50 Likes 7 Shares (Share)
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:37am On Aug 03, 2015
sweetgala:

Pluralistic federalism and the creation on states are contradictory policies. Beyond the ethnic argument and the perceived injustice in the census you have not made any economic nor advantages of the creation of another state in an already balkanised landmass.

Some of the states that would give up their landmass to accommodate the new state are about the size of towns in Nigeria, can barely accommodate 3 functional local government. The is no good reason to have one more states in southern Nigeria, if at all some states need to be broken up in the north due to their sheer size.

I doubt you have looked at the Nigerian map lately

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 9:45am On Aug 03, 2015
superstar1:

Kwara State is 37,700 square km

Abia state is 5,420 square km

Enugu State is 12,440 square km

Ebonyi State is 5,530 square km

Anambra State is 4,844 square km

Imo State is 5,430 square km

The Total landmass of states in SE is 33,664 square km. I am sure half of that landmass is gully eroded or red mud.

No wonder, all of you keep trooping out of the jungle of Biafra like ants, searching for greener pastures.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is not by Land mass, UK , Isreal etc are small but very great countries. Its not about landmass but what about a country and people are offer to themselves and the world at large.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:

grin One day be one day Hate for Jona go wound you o! lol! You sabi hate o!

Again, o don't hate the fool, i only hate his foolishness.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:

Every thing was designed by the north they just looked for followers! that's all!

Very lazy and Ibotic thought. While Peeps were busy strategising and working towards defeating the curse u and ur shameless kind were busy looking for certificates. Before u know it, they succeeded. Give honour to whom is due.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
Demdem:

Very lazy and Ibotic thought. While Peeps were busy strategising and working towards defeating the curse u and ur shameless kind were busy looking for certificates. Before u know it, they succeeded. Give honour to whom is due.

Keep having sleepless nights over Igbos!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
Demdem:

Typical of @DemDem always vomiting Hate! Keep dreaming of hating! Yoluba man! Full of hate
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:

Keep having sleepless nights over Igbos!

I love ibos. Stop behaving empty.
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:

Typical of @DemDem always vomiting Hate! Keep dreaming of hating! Yoluba man! Full of hate

Goon, how come where sane peeps sees sense, u see hate?
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
Demdem:

Goon, how come where sane peeps sees sense, u see hate?

Make your comments without using abusive and tribal word! that's the hate factor ok. Grow Up!
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by omolami: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Confab was headed by a northerner yet it was anti north. Only God knows what these northerners want. Amalgamation should have ended. I wonder why the north is not seceding
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:

Make your comments without using abusive and tribal word! that's the hate factor ok. Grow Up!

Goon, was Jonah-daft also hating when he termed leaders of a part of the country Rascals? U seem not to have any issue with that. U are highly unstable. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF by Chiaka(f): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Demdem:

Goon, was Jonah-daft also hating when he termed leaders of a part of the country Rascals? U seem not to have any issue with that. U are highly unstable. grin

Programmed to hate. Am kinda too busy for all these type of talks. Bye

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President / EFCC Obtains Court Order To Detain Fayose For Two Weeks / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Site Of Enugu's Biggest Housing Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.