Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President (25840 Views)

Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President / Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law / Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by druboon404: 2:25pm On May 19, 2016
The President of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Ayuba Wabba, has said the organisation will, by the middle of next week, review the indefinite nationwide strike action it declared on Tuesday night if the government is willing to open more windows of dialogue.

He made this known on Thursday morning while speaking on Political Platform, a Ray Power FM programme, which was monitored in Abuja.

Wabba explained that the NLC leadership will convene another meeting to review and assess the impact of the industrial action and see if the government will change its decision to raise the pump price of petrol to N145.00 per litre.

The NLC President described as untrue the speculation that the organisation has been invited to another round of talks with the Federal Government, saying the NLC and the government ‎maintain the positions they held before the strike.

Wabba, however, said he could not give an exact date for the review of the strike, but assured Nigerians that it will take place next week.

The NLC, supported by some civil society organisations, declared a nationwide strike and mass protest against the fuel price hike from N86.00 to N145.00

http://www.saharareporters.com/2016/05/19/labor-review-strike-action-next-week-nlc-president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by tritt(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2016
It ok.
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by druboon404: 2:39pm On May 19, 2016
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for
merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's
magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not
magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so
Nigerians let's be patient....... #IStandWithBuhari#
let the haters and Wailers continue wailing
pdp 16 yrs of looting and misrule they are looking for APC
magician to fix it in a year. them lie.

133 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by mrvitalis(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2016
Why must u wait till next week?? ?

This is Buhari and not Jonathan reversing the decision is a no go area negotiate minimum wage increment and other palliative that's it

If u no gree u are an enemy of progress and I will tell u go and die

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Michy61: 2:46pm On May 19, 2016
Why The Division In Labour At This Time?

1 Like

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by ShakaZullu(m): 2:52pm On May 19, 2016
grin
in Daniel Bryan voice

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

damn Nigeria

cc

Omenka

but where's ngeneukwenu sef?

2 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by olatade(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2016
"When I was a minister in the 70s, I built Warri and Kaduna refineries together with 20 depots and several kilometres of pipelines. . . Aliko Dangote is building a refinery capable of refining 650,000 barrel a day, we are also going to repair the four refineries. All these will be completed within two years. All the channels of oil theft will then be blocked and those who happen to be alive will witness a rich and better Nigeria. After all that, If Nigerians choose to elect thieves as their leaders again, it is left to them"
- PMB

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 19, 2016
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

Doomed strike to be reviewed
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by MadCow1: 3:23pm On May 19, 2016
What Strike?

3 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by NwaNimo1(m): 3:24pm On May 19, 2016
He's received his bribe - strike over!

1 Like

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by free2ryhme: 3:25pm On May 19, 2016
I support NLC
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by truthspeaks: 3:25pm On May 19, 2016
Review n fight for #100k minimum wage. Aftr all, buhari n his ministers plus Nass members r all living luxurious lives despite d so-called bad economy

3 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Whizzdom(m): 3:25pm On May 19, 2016
NLC Pres. Waba now wants to make a dialogue with the FG when he knows that their elephantine industrial and solidarity strike is not showing any sign of impact as Nigerians ignored their politically driven industrial strike.

The Industrial Court should fine Waba and his cohorts for defiling court's orders.

5 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by free2ryhme: 3:26pm On May 19, 2016
The govt is only trampling on the foreheads of the masses that put them there, and some people are clapping.... suffering and smiling indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by steppin: 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
olatade:
"When I was a minister in the 70s, I built Warri and Kaduna refineries together with 20 depots and several kilometres of pipelines. . . Aliko Dangote is building a refinery capable of refining 650,000 barrel a day, we are also going to repair the four refineries. All these will be completed within two years. All the channels of oil theft will then be blocked and those who happen to be alive will witness a rich and better Nigeria. After all that, If Nigerians choose to elect thieves as their leaders again, it is left to them"
- PMB
Abia!

4 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
Divided house at its peak. I learnt that they took 2 billion Loan from past government after fuel subsidy protest in 2012 and it was not made public. Now they ought to have finished paying the loan last year but NLC never pay a dime but only TUC paid some portion. Now they wanted fg to write off the loan for the acceptance of new pump price. That's what caused the internal wahala among them because some accused the leadership of cornering the loan and embezzled it without using it for sure-p programs. In fact that was even discussed on channels TV this morning. You see that we don't have labour again.so many hungry ,pocket fighting fellows.
They are seriously divided ,fighting for their pockets

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by scribble: 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
I wish there was a way for Nigerians to support labour online

I will donate any amount to ensure they continue fighting

2 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by smudge2079(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2016
Is there strike? NLC is a joke

5 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Masculity(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2016
olatade:
- PMB

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY. GOD BLESS PMB.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2016
druboon404:
I voted for Buhari a fulani man, I can't remember voting for
merlin or a miracle worker. So I never expected Merlin's
magic or miracles to happen, I voted for change and not
magic.16 years misrule can not be repaired in 1 year so
Nigerians let's be patient....... #IStandWithBuhari#
let the haters and Wailers continue wailing
pdp 16 yrs of looting and misrule they are looking for APC
magician to fix it in a year. them lie.
Zombie 90percent of Apc members were in PDP dat was in power for 16yrs

5 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by jamst2(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
You see,am very sure that 80% of these media houses have been bribed to compromise & distort people's views & opinions in order to frustrate this course(protesting the fuel & commodity hike).
I also believe that some influencial personnel in nigeria like; the religious clerics,activists etc have been compromised(via bribery) to keep silent so as to discourage people from joining the nlc protest & many more covert activities of this govt to keep the citizens in deception,suffering & fear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by ifyloveme(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
God is watchin PMB, he should be careful?
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by jamst2(m): 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
The nigerian govt is full of corruption from the era of the military regime to civillian regime, their so called hoax/scam/fake subsidy removal keeps going on but nothing to show for the economy...majority of the citizens are living in abject poverty while the so called govt/cabals/elites are feeding fat on our suffering...IT IS NOW OR NEVER...SAY NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL HOAX/SCAM.
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by SmithHumble50: 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
Why put the former NLC chairman's face..

They should countinue d strike till govt reduces the price to like 100-107 Naira.. we will be Ok

Bcuz dey wont go back to 86
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by jamst2(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2016
Huh! This is why we need to stand up & fight 4 our right in this country,this is a fight btw the rich & the poor,the elite & the masses,the good & the bad and the forces of light & the forces of darkness...now is the time! RISE UP GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by wordychap: 3:32pm On May 19, 2016
olatade:
- PMB
Promises won't buy me food in d market or reduce price of things.
Do it let's see, so much for ur talks n promises, we heard more than this before d election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by ifyloveme(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
you no well, bro...
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Dannyset(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
Buhari does not give out Ghana must go!

2 Likes

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by wordychap: 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
olatade:
- PMB
Promises won't buy me food in d market or reduce price of things.
Do it let's see, so much for ur talks n promises, we heard more than this before d election n 1yr on lives bc worst

1 Like

Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by tuoyoojo(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2016
this strike can be liken to two people who have been "making mouth" and finally started fighting ,only for them to look around and noted nobody even cared to separate them.they finally stopped fighting by themselves

the strike was dead on arrival

Nigerians though were aggrieved at the way the govt lied about the whole fuel subsidy issue but the negotiations should have being about palliative measures not reversal

i just hope this all promises cancelled party would keep their promise about the minimum wage
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by easyfem(m): 3:34pm On May 19, 2016
Nobody support u Mr man , u better look for anoda excuse
Re: Labor To Review Strike Action Next Week -NLC President by Femich18(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2016
Ehen Ehen...I don talk am b4 say nah labour go tire not with even dis divided house they have got. Strike is not the way forward ..Negotiate with the FG and that will solve everything

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja EndSARS Protesters Barricade Berger Roundabout Bridge / Peter Obi: Why I Picked Datti Baba-Ahmed As My Running Mate / Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.