Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. (1364 Views)

OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. / *Updated*Properties In Ibadan To Let*With Pictures* / Detail Finishing Of Built Home In Abuja With Pictures Including Our Showroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 5:56am On Mar 18, 2009
It always amazes me that the most common multi-flat design common in most parts of Nigeria is the standard 4-flat (2 floors design) or 6-flats (3 floors design).

May be i am naive or just haven't seen a lot of new designs lately. I think its a waste of space.

That is why i am posting this for everyone who has/have seen space saving or ingenious designs available out there especially in Nigeria.

I remember that i used to live in an apt complex that sits barely on roughly 3-4 plots and has about 15-Two bedroom flats. I was amazed.
Smart space utilization to the max.

I lived there for about 3 years and there was no sense of being cramped at all.

I will get pictures at a later date.

Please all others can post pictures of good space saving designs they have seen out there
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by larez(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2009
Oga Promise: Wetin now? You dey try get free design for Nairaland? I get plenty design boku boku, haba wetin you go take exchange if I give you dem for free?
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 4:29am On Mar 19, 2009
As promised in my last post, this is the apt i used to live several years ago. I did a rough measurement by keeping my feet (heel touching toe) to measure. I wear a size 44. From the front street area, it came out to roughly 90 feet wide and about 117 feet long (from street to back fence).

The land is a little bit irregular towards the left back so its not a true rectangular shape. They still manage to put 15 flats. One covered parking, One open, a general laundry room area. So can see in the pictures yourself.

My question is that why is this type of "wonder" is not being done in places like LAGOS? Land is a premium in Lagos. The plot is barely bigger than 2 plots and only one level up, yet it came to 15 flats (2 bedroom, all ensuite)

Enjoy the pics. Let me know what you think. I am especially challenging all the Architects in the house on this task.

Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 5:33am On Mar 19, 2009
More Pics

Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 5:38am On Mar 19, 2009
more

Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 5:39am On Mar 19, 2009
continue

Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 5:40am On Mar 19, 2009
Final pics

Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by larez(m): 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2009
Hey Promise:

What you have posted is typical in old Atlanta. You can term them as Town homes with Alley access to their garages. This was the question that I was asking in a previous thread that I created. You can check it out here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-219094.0.html

By the way, those are nice pictures. i used to design and build them in Atlanta Georgia. If you'd like some of those, not a problem at all. Just start writing the checks. grin
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2009
larez:

Hey Promise:

What you have posted is typical in old Atlanta. You can term them as Town homes with Alley access to their garages. This was the question that I was asking in a previous thread that I created. You can check it out here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-219094.0.html

By the way, those are nice pictures. i used to design and build them in Atlanta Georgia. If you'd like some of those, not a problem at all. Just start writing the checks. grin

Why does it always be about checks? grin Whatever happens to Community Service or Brothers' Keepers? grin
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by laniks: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2009
I often wondered myself why we do not have a lot of these apt. communities in naija. I think it has something to do with the law.
I remember when we were trying to add a floor to our building in Gbagada and we were told that it has to be a certain height. Surprising enough there type of things are regulated in naija.
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by promise72(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2009
laniks:

I often wondered myself why we do not have a lot of these apt. communities in naija. I think it has something to do with the law.
I remember when we were trying to add a floor to our building in Gbagada and we were told that it has to be a certain height. Surprising enough there type of things are regulated in naija.

But this is only 1 story high and sits on barely 2 plots of land. Ppl build 4-5 story bldgs in Naija with no qualms. Could it be due to our architects?

The space utilization is the only thing that marvels me. Imagine the income potential. 15 flats! Charging N500k will be pulling in 7.5mill per year. No sweat. Rent can be as high as N1million in some areas.

Recouping ur $$ is no problem. I never have any sense of "crampness" throughout my living in that complex.
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by Homeyfav: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
=-3klo[
Re: Update (With Pictures) : Space Saving Rental Flat Designs. by true2home(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Why I understand your view, the issues that guides against such design are few. One that is major is the CROSS VENTILLATION. We don't have regular electricity, hence we can not install vents in areas that are not exposed to the perimeters. Hope that helps

(1) (Reply)

I Need The Cost Of Roofing 4-b/r Bungallow / 3 And Half Plots Of Land Chevron Drive Lekki, Lagos / 2 Bedroom Bungalow With 2 Rooms Boysquarter In Ilasan,lekki Opp Heroes Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.