Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

This Is A True Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is A True Christian (744 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / CHRISTLIKE SELFLESSNESS - Mark Of A True Christian / Can A True Christian Engage in Warfare ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is A True Christian by whitezion: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2009
[center][center]A CHRISTIAN IS SOMEONE WHO TALKS AND ACTS LIKE CHRIST:
CHRIST DID ALL HE EVER SAID AND MENT[/center]

CHRISTAINS TODAY, EVEN THE SO-CALLED PASTORS, SAY WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS AND
ACT WHAT SATAN WANTS

THEY GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS AND SAY "OUR FATHER" AND THEN ACTS AS ORPHANS THE REST OF THE WEEK.

JESUS WASN'T LIKE WHAT THE CHRIST-LIKE FELLOWS (CHRISTIANS) ARE TODAY

A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS THE PHOTOCOPY OF CHRIST - THE REFLECTION AND THE IMAGE OF HIM (JESUS CHRIST)[/center]
Re: This Is A True Christian by jagunlabi(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
So,what is the "photocopy" of christ?How do you determine this "photocopy" thingy?Were you alive when he walked this earth?Do you really know how he looks like?Keep decieving yourself.Photocopy ko,carbon copy ni.
Have u ever heard of the "christ consciousness"?Look it up.
Re: This Is A True Christian by bunmii(f): 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
I doubt anyone can talk and act like christ does that mean we are not christians?
We all thrive to be like him but we can never come close
Re: This Is A True Christian by KunleOshob(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
True christians were admonished to keep his commandments the greates of which was "love your neighbour as yourself" I think this is a very difficult thing to measure up to. worse still most christians are ignorant of the importance of this directive becos most church leaders cannot be bothered to teach them, they would rather teach things not found in christian literature like tithes cos of the personal benefit they derive
Re: This Is A True Christian by whitezion: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
YES, WE HAVE NOT SEEN CHRIST NEITHER WERE WE THERE WHEN HE WALKED AND WORKED ON THE EARTH; BUT HOW AND WHY DO YOU BECOME A BELIEVER - A CHRISTIAN? IS IT NOT BY FAITH? HOW DO YOU GET THE FAITH? IS IT NOT BY HEARING AND READING THE WORD OF GOD? AND WHY SHOULD YOU READ THE WORD OF GOD IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN?

WHEN I TALK ABOUT BEING THE PHOTOCOPY OF CHRIST, I AM REFERING TO LIVING HIS KIND OF LIFE. IN THAT WAY, YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN.

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT "GOING TO CHURCH". THE CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BODY OF CHRIST OF WHICH IT IS. YOU MAY BE PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, BUT ARE YOU CHRIST LIKE?

JESUS SAID, IF ANY MEMBER OF YOUR BODY WILL CAUSE YOU NOT TO SEE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, CUT IT OFF! WHAT THEN WOULD YOU SAY ABOUT THAT?

IF WE MUST BE CHRISTIANS, THEN WE MUST LIVE AND ACT LIKE CHRIST JUST AS WE HAVE READ IN THE BIBLE.

JESUS DID THE WILL OF THE FATHER, AND THE WILL OF THE FATHER IS OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTS WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD.

THERE IS NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.
Re: This Is A True Christian by blacksta(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
whitezion:

YES, WE HAVE NOT SEEN CHRIST NEITHER WERE WE THERE WHEN HE WALKED AND WORKED ON THE EARTH; BUT HOW AND WHY DO YOU BECOME A BELIEVER - A CHRISTIAN? IS IT NOT BY FAITH? HOW DO YOU GET THE FAITH? IS IT NOT BY HEARING AND READING THE WORD OF GOD? AND WHY SHOULD YOU READ THE WORD OF GOD IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN?

WHEN I TALK ABOUT BEING THE PHOTOCOPY OF CHRIST, I AM REFERING TO LIVING HIS KIND OF LIFE. IN THAT WAY, YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN.

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT "GOING TO CHURCH". THE CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BODY OF CHRIST OF WHICH IT IS. YOU MAY BE PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, BUT ARE YOU CHRIST LIKE?

JESUS SAID, IF ANY MEMBER OF YOUR BODY WILL CAUSE YOU NOT TO SEE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, CUT IT OFF! WHAT THEN WOULD YOU SAY ABOUT THAT?

IF WE MUST BE CHRISTIANS, THEN WE MUST LIVE AND ACT LIKE CHRIST JUST AS WE HAVE READ IN THE BIBLE.

JESUS DID THE WILL OF THE FATHER, AND THE WILL OF THE FATHER IS OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTS WHICH IS THE LAW OF GOD.

THERE IS NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

No need to get upset remember you are telling us the attributes of Christ
Re: This Is A True Christian by PastorAIO: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2009
is it enough to just profess christianity.  We have a lot of people professing christianity.  The christianity professors.  Yes, professors because they lecture too.  They will lecture you till you tire. 

If man sends his son to go and do a job and the son says, ' a beg daddy I've a party to go to, I don't have time for your wahala jo, leave me', but then while at the party he reflects on it and decides instead to go and do the job his father sent him.  And on the other hand, the man told the second son and that one immediately answered, 'yes sir, of course sir, my leg don dey for road already sir' but actually as soon as he was out of sight diverted to go to the drinking den.  Who is the obedient son, the one that professed to do his dad's will or the one that told his dad to get lost?

Christ posed this very question in order to call our attention and warn us of those professors.  Christianity is not a title.  Me personally, I've often rejected the label called christian because it I consider it to be meaningless due to the various peoples that bear the title.  People will gasp in shock and horror as if I have committed the greatest sin in the world.  Yet for me christianity is a Practice not a title and it is not something that you profess, it is something that you live.  Becoming christian is not about going up to the front of the church in front of everybody and using your mouth to say 'I give my life to christ'.  If you have been told that that is all you have to do then you have been lied to. 

Christianity is not a mouth thing.  It is an action thing. King Lear was a King yet he was a Fool.  God is a King and he is NOT a Fool, and he won't fall for that "glib and oily art To speak and purpose not; since what I well intend I'll do it before I speak." It is worth reading that play of Shakespeare's (King Lear), it is very deep and pertinent to christianity. 

Again I say, it is cheap to say 'I'm a christian'.  I am reminded of a conversation I had with my dad.  He was advising me about marriage and what kind of woman to go for.  He made a distinction between Christian girls and Christianly girls.  To be honest I wasn't really listening to what he was saying much and the import of it only became clearer with time.  Many people are christianly even amongst those that do not profess christianity and I can see that so very clearly now.  The majority of christians are those white washed tombs with rotting corpses within, fetid and ghoulish.  By the grace of God my path will not cross with too many of them.  Amen.
Re: This Is A True Christian by tnk24: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2009
For God so loved the world that He gave His only SON, that whoever believes in HIM should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

Adam, the first man sinned and since then man was conceived in sin, so it is the nature of man to want to live in sin, that is how John 3:16 came about. That is why the Bible says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse us from every unrighteousness. Remember we are not saved by good works but by Grace through Faith. It is not for us to judge who a true Christian is, that is the prerogative of God to determine.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet T.b. Joshua - Quite Different / Feathered Dinos Older Than Archaeopteryx Fulfill An Evolutionary Prediction! / Man On Shirt In Office And Church. Is It Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.