Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,040 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! (5858 Views)

Nude Photos Of Diane Shima Rwigara, Rwanda's Presidential Candidate / Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / CNN-ORC Poll: Donald Trump Leading Us Presidential Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 01, 2015

1. On immigration: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you.
They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. "They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists and some, I assume are good people," Trump said in his announcement.

2. On protecting America's borders: Trump pledged to commit his construction skills to keeping out the illegals. "I would build a great wall," he said. "And nobody builds walls better than me, believe me. "And I'll build them (sic) very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I'll have Mexico pay for that wall."

3. On Iraq: In a favorite 2011 speech to Republican women in Las Vegas, Trump dropped the "f-bomb." Discussing Iraq, he said: "We build a school. We build a road. They blow up the school. We build another school. We build another road. "They blow them up, we build again. In the meantime, we can't get a f****** school in Brooklyn."

4. On his enemies: Trump has used Twitter to launch feuds with the likes of Rosie O'Donnell and Cher, and to call "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd a "slowpoke." He enjoys getting under peoples' skin, and said last year: "I do love provoking people. There is truth to that. I love competition and sometimes competition is provoking people. I don't mind provoking people. Especially when they're the right kind of people."

5. On China: Trump has had a love-hate relationship with the Middle Kingdom. He once proposed a trading strategy with China in these terms: "Listen, you m*****f******: We are going to tax you 25 percent." He was mellower recently, saying: "I'm not saying they're stupid. I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million. Am I supposed to dislike 'em? ... People say you don't like China. No, I love them. But their leaders are much smarter than our leaders." Here Donald Trump poses with his wife Melania Trump.

6. On the conservative elite: Trump has refused to genuflect before big-name conservative columnists, particularly when they don't take his presidential ambitions seriously. He delivered a two-work review of a book of Charles Krauthammer's columns -- "Book sucks" -- and said of Michelle Malkin: "You were born stupid." When pundit George F. Will called Trump a "bloviating ignoramus," The Donald tweeted Brett Baier of Fox News: "Why do you have George Will on your show? He's exhausted, boring and not even a little relevant. Waste of good air time."

7. On his 2016 Republican rivals: Trump has doubts about their abilities, expressed Tuesday: "The other candidates -- they went in, they didn't know the air conditioning didn't work. They sweated like dogs. "They didn't know the room was too big because they didn't have anybody there. How are they going to beat ISIS? I don't think it's gonna happen.

8. On the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC): Trump has long hated OPEC, saying in 2011: "We have nobody in Washington that sits back and said, 'You're not going to raise that f****** price." In 2012 he depicted OPEC leaders "sitting around the table, setting the price of oil, and laughing at us because we have no leadership." He is pledging a new deal now that North Dakota oil has made America again the world's greatest oil producer.

9. On being rich: In his 1987 book "The Art of the Deal," Trump began by saying: "I don't do it for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it. Deals are my art form." He argued Tuesday that America needs his philosophy, saying: "I don't need anybody's money. It's nice. I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich, I'll show you that in a second. "And by the way, I'm not even saying that in a braggadocios . . That's the kind of thinking you need for this country."

10. On the Iran nuclear talks: Not even a bicycle accident, and broken limb, can win Secretary of State John Kerry a moment of sympathy from Donald Trump. "I will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons," he said Tuesday, not saying how. "And we won't be using a man like Secretary Kerry that has absolutely no concept of negotiation, who's making a horrible and laughable deal, who's just being tapped along as they make weapons right now and then goes into a bicycle race at 72 years old and falls and breaks his leg. "I won't be doing that. And I promise, I will never be in a bicycle race -- that I can tell you.

11. On terrorism: Trump sees a special understanding with America's adversaries. "Islamic terrorism is eating large portions of the Middle East," he said Tuesday. "They've become rich. I'm in competition with them."

Source:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/slideshow/Donald-Trump-039-s-greatest-hits-111759.php
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ojkalito(m): 3:45am On Aug 01, 2015
Okay... The Dullard! Um,... Donald. [I made a promise I would not do that,... I'm so sorry. Donald J Trump is a sales man and a negotiator not a politician and definitely not fit to rule

and yes a talkative

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2015
ojkalito:
trump is a talkative

He's a complete joke! If he's elected, Americans are going to start jumping the Mexican border grin

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by bewla(m): 4:24am On Aug 01, 2015
drop
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 01, 2015
Na this kind attitude him wan use win election?
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Antoinne: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Donald Trump can't win, that's for sure. You don't win the american presidency based on rhetorics.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
"I like people who weren't captured" - Donald Trump says, thereby insulting all POWs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXwTlK6S5k

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
Donald Trump announces rival Lindsey Graham's personal phone number during speech grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sku13JYlo
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
jcmaiah:
Na this kind attitude him wan use win election?

He's a character grin
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
(CNN)—Pitbull has a strong message for Donald Trump: Watch out for "El Chapo!"

The artist delivered that message to raucous applause after accepting an award at Premios Juventud, a Univision awards ceremony that aired on Thursday night.

The drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman escaped from a Mexican prison last week and is considered one of the world's most dangerous criminals. After his escape, Trump even engaged with a fake Guzman in a brief, albeit threatening exchange on Twitter.

Pitbull began his short speech by thanking Trump, the Republican presidential hopeful, for inviting him to eat in his hotel and fly in his helicopter.

"I had a different idea of this man," Pitbull said of Trump whose incendiary comments about Mexican immigrants have enraged Latinos across the country. "I want to tell him, look, I'm not a politician, I'm a musician, but most of all I'm Latino."

He then called on Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton to "ponte las pilas" which loosely translated means "Step it up."

"Because Donald Trump cannot be president!" he said.

Clinton addressed Trump's comments earlier this week at the annual convention for the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino civil rights group in the country.

"I don't have to wait to become president to take a stand right here and right now against the divisive rhetoric that demonizes immigrants and their families," Clinton told the crowd on Monday. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, two of Clinton's opponents, also dumped on Trump in their speeches to the thousands of Latinos assembled in Kansas City for the convention. Sanders called Trump's comments an "outrage" and O'Malley slammed Trump as "a hate-spewing character running for president."

Both Bush and Rubio have waded into the "Pitbull Primary" with Rubio saying he likes the Florida superstar's music and Bush even saying he'd like to invite him to a baseball game.

Rubio has called Trump's comments "offensive" "inaccurate" and "divisive" and Bush has said his comments were meant to "inflame and incite and to draw attention,"

Trump's popularity however, continues to rise. A new Fox News poll released on Friday showed Trump ahead of 16 Republican candidates with 18 percent of likely Republican primary voters saying they would vote for him.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/17/politics/pitbull-donald-trump-el-chapo/
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
El Chapo escapes prison, causing Donald Trump to urge the FBI to investigate the $100 million bounty placed on his head by the Mexican Drug Cartel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVI-4oZ8TjI
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ArtanK(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
Why is Trump so popular? Anglophones and their crazy politicians are quite amusing lol.

Is Donald Trump the Nigel Farage of USA?
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArtanK:
Why is Trump so popular? Anglophones and their crazy politicians are quite amusing lol.

Is Donald Trump the Nigel Farage of USA?

He's a billionaire TV personality, so he has a large following from that. Ever watch "The Apprentice"? Also, I think some people think its a breath of fresh air to see a politician evade political correctness, and say exactly what he means.

He's my comedy fix this political season, for sure.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ArtanK(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

He's a billionaire TV personality, so he has a large following from that. Ever watch "The Apprentice"? Also, I think some people think its a breath of fresh air to see a politician evade political correctness, and say exactly what he means.

He's my comedy fix this political season, for sure.

He's very narcissistic and annoying, I watched one episode from that show. Couldn't take the stupid clichés and remarks.
They made a German one like 10 years ago. They cancelled it after one episode because no one bothered to watched it lol.

Who's your favourite?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArtanK:

He's very narcissistic and annoying, I watched one episode from that show. Couldn't take the stupid clichés and remarks.
They made a German one like 10 years ago. They cancelled it after one episode because no one bothered to watched it lol.

Who's your favourite?

I remember liking it in its beginnings, but it got old real fast.

Bernie Sanders seems to be the most capable/honest and the better pick, but it doesn't seem like he'll stand a chance unless he gets the Dem seat (which will most-likely go to Hilary Clinton). My state is Repub territory though, there's no point in anyone here voting for him as the popular vote would drown it out completely.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Lol. The guy is my favorite character in this campaign cycle cheesy cheesy
I really can't wait for Thursday's debate; I'll love to watch Megyn Kelly's tough questioning.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 02, 2015
CFCfan:
I really can't wait for Thursday's debate; I'll love to watch Megyn Kelly's tough questioning.

You and I both! Here's hoping "The Donald" doesn't disappoint. On a serious note, if this goes too far I'm aborting mission and swiftly packing off to Canuck country cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ArtanK(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I remember liking it in its beginnings, but it got old real fast.

Bernie Sanders seems to be the most capable/honest and the better pick, but it doesn't seem like he'll stand a chance unless he gets the Dem seat (which will most-likely go to Hilary Clinton). My state is Repub territory though, there's no point in anyone here voting for him as the popular vote would drown it out completely.

Interesting. So do you really think that Hillary Clinton will become president?
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
ArtanK:

Interesting. So do you really think that Hillary Clinton will become president?

She's looking good at any rate. She's leading in the democratic primaries by a robust 57%. Bernie Sanders is behind her at 17%. It's still early, but like I said she'll must likely win the Dem seat. With the Repubs, we have Trump and Jeb Bush leading, both by lesser percentages fluctuating between 14-19% in the last few weeks.

Yh, she has a pretty good chance even at this point, but I still think it too early to speculate.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ArtanK(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

She's looking good at any rate. She's leading in the democratic primaries by a robust 57%. Bernie Sanders is behind her at 17%. It's still early, but like I said she'll must likely win the Dem seat. With the Repubs, we have Trump and Jeb Bush leading, both by lesser percentages fluctuating between 14-19% in the last few weeks.

Yh, she has a pretty good chance even at this point, but I still think it too early to speculate.

Trump and another Bush lol the Republicans are a strange bunch. I will follow this presidential election like no other if Trump stays in the race until the very end grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by happney65: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
CFCfan:

CFCfan my guy,Abeg shey CNN go show am?Na the only US Cable station wey i fit watch for here ohh..Being watching since morning,they never told us if them go show am Live..I really need to watch this Live
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
happney65:

CFCfan my guy,Abeg shey CNN go show am?Na the only US Cable station wey i fit watch for here ohh..Being watching since morning,they never told us if them go show am Live..I really need to watch this Live
It's exclusively on Fox News. Right now, they're holding the "kid's table" debate - for candidates that didn't finish in the top 10 of 5 selected national polls.

So far, Bobby Jindal and Carly Fiorina have been the most articulate of the 7 debaters.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by happney65: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
CFCfan:

It's exclusively on Fox News. Right now, they're holding the "kid's table" debate - for candidates that didn't finish in the top 10 of 5 selected national polls.

So far, Bobby Jindal and Carly Fiorina have been the most articulate of the 7 debaters.

Opps Fox...That AntiObama Station.. grin.Were people..Na on top startimes them dey..Them dey DSTV too i guess..I use GOTV though..We dont need them on here.. grin.I go they watch the news on CNN..Make we see wetin go happen tonite.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
^^
Carly Fiorina was a clear winner in the "happy hour" debate.

The main event starts at 2am, and ends at 4am Nigerian time. By the time you wake up, you'll hear that trump came out tops grin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Roland17(m): 3:18am On Aug 07, 2015
If by some good luck former Governor of Arkansas Isaac Huckabee wins the GOP presidential nominations, that would be very tough to overlook because he is killing the debates.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Captainswag225(m): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
donald trump hates mexicans with passion but am sure he will eventually become the flagbearer
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by cap28: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
The biggest piece of sh.it on this planet, please disappear into oblivion where you belong you fat ugly racist.
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
cap28:
The biggest piece of sh.it on this planet, please disappear into oblivion where you belong you fat ugly racist.
grin Amen!
He practically ran the show last night, though. The contenders this time 'round are wackos, I swear. It's cause for concern..

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by ghananotnaija(m): 12:34am On Aug 08, 2015
Why all the hate? I don't want him to win, only because Im not American. What's wrong with wanting to protect the culture of your country, the ethnic composition of your country. I sure as heck don't want illegal immigrants staying in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 08, 2015
Carly Fiorina, Rubio and Kasich were the big winners yesterday
Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 08, 2015
This guy makes me sick. And can you imagine he still has like 40% of the republican vote.

White people disgust me at times

1 Like

Re: U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
CFCfan:
Carly Fiorina, Rubio and Kasich were the big winners yesterday

I was pretty impressed with Carly, but in reality it was all for naught.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The UN Officially Declared The Beginning Of World War III / Boris Johnson Takes A Walk On The Street Of Kyiv After Defeats Of Russian Forces / American Lady Seen Wearing A Gun To School After Iran Incident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.