Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production (38279 Views)

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by anonimi: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
989900:

TAM can actually be done in 1-2months thereabout.

In 2000, TAM done on the Warri refinery took about 4months thereabout, even though a section of it was destroyed by fire!

Apparently, it is not PMB that initiated this TAM.

However, naturally people want to keep their jobs as well as avoid jail terms when there is a change in administration, and accountability is in the air.

Else we would have had more of the same.

Why did the TAM not happen during the eight WASTED years of Obasanjo who is now the navigator for APC and who increased fuel price many times and scarcity still persisted

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by omojeesu(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
Sabotage Inc. is dethroned!
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by deb(m): 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

This is a stale propaganda. Buhari himself has dismissed it so I will let it rest.

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ

Let me tell you what you are missing. It is the fact that we have a leadership that is sincere and so every parastal had to wake up. Where were the refineries before GMB? They probably had been ready but trust your GEJ, the gridlock on the refinery is beneficial to him and his fellow thieves in govt.

Buhari being an honest man might have said what he said but the fact remains that his body language that does not condone corruption has ensured many many good development that we are experiencing now. God forbid that we have a wicked govt like that of GEJ anymore.

Sai Baba

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the way APC reels out figures in millions and billions don't be suprisedd one day when they start calling GAZILLIONS because by then they would have run out of Trillions to brainwash their Masturbators.
Hahaa My Dear sometimes I do ask whether they are doing what they arÉ doing just for fun.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by deb(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
anonimi:

The witches na APC dem dey with their useless brooms.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

Let us be WATCHFUL so Brainless Bubu does not cancel this progressive Turn Around Maintenance legacy that Jonathan did and PAID for.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

Dindinrin lele yi o

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by mmsen: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin Your hatred for Jonathan keeps making you sound ridiculous and stuupid ...

Jonathan via NNPC got Local Contractors who have been paid to carry out TAM having ditched foreign engineers because of COST...remember same Jonathan team implemented local content policy that saw empowerment of local engineers who did miraculous job in Bonny, Okrika etc in oil sector and saw to emergence of local big players like Seplat...

So how would local engineers who were eager to prove their worth, ingenuity and not disappoint the trust of Jonathan unlike other regimes since independence be afraid of a toothless bulldog...

So if everybody is afraid of buhari, why do we still have oil bunkering going on today?...and boko haram still roaring?...and Halliburton scandal thieves dancing around?...

It's not hatred for Jonathan, it's hatred for rational thought that has people claiming that a man who has barely remained in Nigeria for five minutes; a man who has refused to choose his ministers has brought about 'change'.

The only change has been in the rate of BH killing; the depreciation of the naira; and the falling stock exchange index - a reflection that investors are annoyed at Buhari's lack of preparation for the position that he campaigned for for so many years.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by emzila(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:
It is now producing 60,00 barrels per day but to produce 2m per day by October.

God knows that we shall hold them accountable to this. grin

when u take hypo drink garri, this is the side effect. BARCANISTA, litre and barrel are not the same. if it were your bro. gej, in am sure he would have just tell us that the Americans know why the refineries' cant work. now we can see the differences between phd holder from the south south and o,level holder from the other parts of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by neocortex: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Gej told us that the refinaries would start working by 2016 and 99bn was needed. Something that gej wanted to do in a year has been done in 2 months by Buhari without needing 99bn.

Jonathan said the upgrade will be complete in 2016, this article even reinforces that point
"start working" and "complete" are two
different words, consult your dictionary for clarification.

If your contractor said your house will be completed in 2016,
does it mean you cannot use any part of it before then ?

finally, if Buhari himself was quoted to say he has no input to
the refinery upgrade who are you to ascribe the achievement
to him ?

Objectivity is a virtue.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by oloyede252(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
erico2k2:

certain tribe in Nigeria always think they are one and same with the North. The SS people sidon on top hill dey look and dey laff.history never teach una reach?? grin angry grin
i dont do tribe bashing shit so oga find your mate and Bleep off my mention.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
mmsen:

It's not hatred for Jonathan, it's hatred for rational thought that has people claiming that a man who has barely remained in Nigeria for five minutes; A man who has refused to choose his ministers has brought about 'change'.

The only change has been in the rate of BH killing; the depreciation of the naira; and the falling stock exchange index - a reflection that investors are annoyed at Buhari's lacked preparation for the position that he campaign for for so many years.

And it is unfortunate that these liars seem the loudest and noisiest...
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by 989900: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
philipobiz:
With this development will the price of fuel drop?

The price of fuel might not necessarily drop, at least not immediately.

However, the billions of dollars the gov't pays as subsidy on imported fuel would; leaving room for utilization of such funds into other gainful expenditures (in an ideal situation).

Also, it would help reduce the drain on forex, as imported refined petroleum products accounts for 40% or more of our forex! This can in effect, actually will in effect improve the exchange rate of the Naira to the dollar by much, which would in effect help reduce pump price and inflation=more value for your earnings=taking from the pockets of the cabals back into ours.

On the long run, it would help with providing a more stable supply of electricity, which would translate to a massive reduction on the amount of fuel we consume daily . . . which would mean you will not need to spend those extras on fuel for generators -- we might actually not necessarily need to own generators again!

Further reason we have to not let pipline and vandals and the cabals

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by BizBayo: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
freeage7:
Thank God there is crude oil in the North, not only the niger-delta. Abi where kaduna take get crude oil wey the refinery dey refine? Na north jo. Lol

You wan cause kasala for here, some people go explode o. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by seedorfg(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Una neber chi chom chee, anyway sai buhari
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by emzila(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2015
mmsen:

It's not hatred for Jonathan, it's hatred for rational thought that has people claiming that a man who has barely remained in Nigeria for five minutes; A man who has refused to choose his ministers has brought about 'change'.

The only change has been in the rate of BH killing; the depreciation of the naira; and the falling stock exchange index - a reflection that investors are annoyed at Buhari's lacked preparation for the position that he campaign for for so many years.

IF YOU ARE NOT SENTIMENTAL, SECTIONAL IN YOUR OBSERVATION AND ACTUALLY TYPED THE COMMENT ABOVE, A SIGN THAT YOU PASS THROUGH THE 4 WALLS ON ACCADEMIC INSTITUTION, YOU SHOULD HAVE UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT OF TWINDLE NATIONAL FOREIGN RESERVE ON A COUNTRY'S CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE AND STOCK INDEX. HAVING SAID THAT, KINDLY TELL US WHO'S TENURE REDUCE NIGERIA FOREIGN RESERVE TO ALMOST AN AMOUNT THAT DANGOTE COULD COUGH OUT OVER NIGHT?

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by galadima77(m): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Gej told us that the refinaries would start working by 2016 and 99bn was needed. Something that gej wanted to do in a year has been done in 2 months by Buhari without needing 99bn.

'Jonathan is a disaster to this nation' - barcanista

na fear of buhari cause d haste
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by olaolulazio(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
I thought GEJ said our refineries will take years before operation begins. GEJ started it with lies but Buhari ended it.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by 989900: 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
philipobiz:
With this development will the price of fuel drop?

The price of fuel might not necessarily drop, at least not immediately.

However, the billions of dollars the gov't pays as subsidy on imported fuel would; leaving room for utilization of such funds into other gainful expenditures (in an ideal situation).

Also, it would help reduce the drain on forex, as imported refined petroleum products accounts for 40% or more of our forex! This can in effect, actually will in effect improve the exchange rate of the Naira to the dollar by much, which would in effect help reduce pump price and inflation=more value for your earnings=taking from the pockets of the cabals back into ours.

On the long run, it would help with providing a more stable supply of electricity, which would translate to a massive reduction on the amount of fuel we consume daily . . . which would mean you will not need to spend those extras on fuel for generators -- we might actually not necessarily need to own generators again!

Further reason we have to not let pipeline vandals, the cabals, and corrupt politicians hold this dear country to hostage ever again!

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by realborn(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:
It is now producing 60,00 barrels per day but to produce 2m per day by October.

God knows that we shall hold them accountable to this. grin

My dear friend, barrels are different from litres.

Presently it is receiving 60,000 barrels/day of crude oil with a target short term output of 2m litres of PMS or Petrol.

The maximum capacity of the refinery is 110,000 barrels of crude oil per day. The company plans to achieve 8m litres per day by next year. The corresponding crude oil prerequisite input was not stated on the article. Unsure if the total crude capacity can provide such number of litres of petrol!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by reuben79: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
in d next 2years Nigerians will see Jonathan in airport and stone him.am very sure 4 dat.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by PecE2Make: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Imagine, Kaduna no oil well refining crude oil. The north kept marginalizing SS/SE since inception because of their notion " burn to rule"

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by 989900: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
anonimi:

Why did the TAM not happen during the eight WASTED years of Obasanjo who is now the navigator for APC and who increased fuel price many times and scarcity still persisted

That is why people like OBJ in some other countries, would be spending the remaining years of their lifetime from one court room to another.

Like I said in some post earlier, GEJ's inadequacies and recklessness made it possible for GMB to become PMB! It also made it possible for people like IBB and OBJ to look at themselves as saints!

The more we look at these issues without sentiments the better.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by castro316: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
2million barrels a day. 1 Barrel=160 litres
Therefore..... 2,000,000 ÷ 160 =12,500 barrels!

Impressive. This is CHANGE!!
SAI BABA IS WORKING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by 989900: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
PecE2Make:
Imagine, Kaduna no oil well refining crude oil. The north kept marginalizing SS/SE since inception because of their notion " burn to rule"

How would you rather get fuel to the north, by tankers?

Or would you rather transport refined products by pipelines to the north?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by erico2k2(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
oloyede252:

i dont do tribe bashing shit so oga find your mate and Bleep off my mention.
aha r you frm.that tribe Oga.?una kno una sef.nah
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by erico2k2(m): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
989900:

How would you rather get fuel to the north, by tankers?

Or would you rather transport refined products by pipelines to the north?
in a sane country.it's. Beter to transfer refined product to the north.u want examples?
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by erico2k2(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
reuben79:
in d next 2years Nigerians will see Jonathan in airport and stone him.am very sure 4 dat.
ok we pray God give us the grace to see that day.we will also see of we Ai t stoning g a certain person.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by dmcdad: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
Mprepz:
This northeners get sense o
Crude oil dey niger delta refinery km dey north
2019 na God go take time purnish any of dem wer wan go 2nd term!
Like say na only there e dey. E still dey PH and Delta State. If you ask me, one dey there to better serve the northerners in terms of logistics. Besides, the four of them dey connected to each other.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by nakamora: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

This is a stale propaganda. Buhari himself has dismissed it so I will let it rest.

"I cannot take credit for the revival of the refineries because I have no input to it, if I say I had a hand in it, it will be a lie and I cannot tell lies." (President Muhammadu Buhari)

if is not Pmb , gej corruption kill everything in Nigeria.

if the kudos didn't go to Pmb then kudos to Obj.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by 989900: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
erico2k2:

in a sane country.it's. Beter to transfer refined product to the north.u want examples?

Refined products in an insane country?

30% of us will be pipeline vandals.
#pepperdonrest

Logistically, fewer pipelines for crude to Kaduna, is economically more sensible than multiple pipelines of refined products to various depots in the north. Presently, northern depots get refined products from Kaduna, which is logistically more sensible.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by nakamora: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
barcanista:

if is not Pmb , gej corruption would have killed everything in Nigeria.

if the kudos didn't go to Pmb then kudos to Obj.
Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by anonimi: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
989900:

That is why people like OBJ in some other countries, would be spending the remaining years of their lifetime from one court room to another.

Like I said in some post earlier, GEJ's inadequacies and recklessness made it possible for GMB to become PMB! It also made it possible for people like IBB and OBJ to look at themselves as saints!

The more we look at this issues without sentiments the better.

You need to understand Nigerian politics better and the demonisation of Jonathan with plenty LIES and propaganda starting late 2011.
Do you remember Obasanjo's open letter? How many of the elements are true now that time has passed for us to reflect on its contents?

Without sentiments means with trend data from independent reliable source, such as Transparency International, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production by erico2k2(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
olaolulazio:
I thought GEJ said our refineries will take years before operation begins.
GEJ started it with lies but Buhari ended it.

God bless Nigeria!
But I think k that's the reality.of u check what the OP said .it's another promise. Just like he will pay 5k to u employed youths and quench BH.talk is cheap.it's a political trademark world wide.always take what politicians say with a pinch of salt.GEJ inclusive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Could This Be The Reason Why Ben Bruce Tweets A Lot? (snapshot) / Buhari Visits Brigadier-Genera Aliyul In A Hospital At Berlin Germany (Photo) / Throwback Pictures Of Tinubu At The CCT Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.