Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? (4890 Views)

How Do I Tell My Fiancee She Has Vaginal Odour So That She Won't Feel Bad? / 10 List Of STD's And Symptoms We May Or May Not Know / 8 Ways To Know Your Partner Has An STI/STD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Ezemarcel(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
First I want u to clap for ur self for trying to destroy a lady who u know too well that she loves u...secondly I don't know why married men can't just stay put to their wife...lastly if u truly love ur wife then try and seat her down,telling her all u hv done in the past and that u hv turned a new leave bla bla....that u want both of u to go for a test and free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by donbrowser(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ha
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Tallesty1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Why do good girls marry cheats?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by osaslord500(m): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
You dey fear your wife abi
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Juxtified(m): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
Just brace urself and tell her. I'm sure its not something that will surprise her, since she seems to be so tolerant of your nocturnal misdemeanours.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Why do good girls marry cheats?
I understand that's a thought. I'm really not a cheat. I have been with my wife for almost 9 years and never had to cheat on her. I'm Nigerian, she's American. Sometimes we think differently. Sometimes, alcohol gets the best of people and that I think triggered this whole event.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Juxtified:
Just brace urself and tell her. I'm sure its not something that will surprise her, since she seems to be so tolerant of your nocturnal misdemeanours.
Thanks. I thought of that too. But I'm really scared. If she decides to leave me me after finding out, it's a bigger mess. I'll be stuck with alimony and child support. That's scarier.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ezemarcel:
First I want u to clap for ur self for trying to destroy a lady who u know too well that she loves u...secondly I don't know why married men can't just stay put to their wife...lastly if u truly love ur wife then try and seat her down,telling her all u hv done in the past and that u hv turned a new leave bla bla....that u want both of u to go for a test and free.
I can't hurt a fly. I wouldn't try to destroy anyone, why my wife. Thanks for ur advise. I think sitting her down and having a chat on this is the way to go. At this point, I just don't know how to do it, but it's necessary. Thanks again.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by nedu2000(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
Don't tell your wife,if you do your marriage will never be the same.
If she happens to fall ill,connive with the doctor to add the pills to her medication
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
osaslord500:
You dey fear your wife abi
Yes. I dey fear her. She doesn't deserve being hurt at all.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by hahn(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Op, you should have put this up on an American forum instead. Nigerians will rather point accusing fingers at you instead of giving you a solution.

You can either tell your wife or wrap the drugs(since you said it's only 2 pills) inside eba and feed it to her. Try ogbono soup. It will go down well.

We are only human and mistake prone. I'd also advice you stop seeing this other lady and try as much as possible to take your wife out with you more often. It would have been better if you sleep with her in her car instead.

I have a neighbour like that too, he LOVES night life and many times he, myself and my wife(she drinks too) go out and sometimes he brings other women while we are drinking but since my wife always tends to speak up in favour of his wife(who is as introverted as your wife) he kinda stopped that around us.

I'll tell you what I told him, there is no one out there who can love you more than your wife. Your friends, with whom you laugh with, are just there temporarily. Focus on your family. If your wife refuses to go out with you, fill up your fridge with alchohol and drink at home.

Nothing is worth putting your family at risk. It's not really about sleeping with one hundred women in one way but sleeping with one woman(your wife) in a hundred ways

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by osaslord500(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
SmartMugu:

Yes. I dey fear her. She doesn't deserve being hurt at all.

Just tell her nicely Bro. She won't be offended
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
nedu2000:
Don't tell your wife,if you do your marriage will never be the same.
If she happens to fall ill,connive with the doctor to add the pills to her medication
If I don't tell her, then I'll end up avoiding sex with her. We live together, how long will I do that for?
Plus, some people live with the STD for years without knowing, why put someone thru years of that when only two pills can fix it. I'm thinking if I could get the pills, I can soak them in a bottled water in the refrigerator hope she unknowingly drinks it all, but what if my kids end up drinking it instead? This doesn't even have anything to do with them.
Gosh. Wetin be this.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Juxtified(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
SmartMugu:

Thanks. I thought of that too. But I'm really scared. If she decides to leave me me after finding out, it's a bigger mess. I'll be stuck with alimony and child support. That's scarier.
She won't leave. But try to change sha

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by angieberry(f): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
That's nemesis teaching you a lesson. Unfortunately, your wife is also a pawn. Hope you've learnt your lesson oh. You have no other option than to tell her. It's hard, but she has a right to know,especially since her health is involved.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Godiskind: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
Op u sounded like someone who takes pride in doing d wrongful. And someone like you may find it difficult to take some correction. I knw that sometimes our past lifestyle is hard to break out from but you can pray to God to help you make some adjustment, indeed you need to make some adjustments, especially considering ur family and knowing that anything u do affect someone positively or negatively, especially ur loved ones. Some lifestyles are worth dropping, and one irony here is that if u happen to go sick in such a way that someone will be carrying ur faeces, ur mess, it is ur loved ones that will be doing this. All those ladies u mess up with or d friends that u hang out late in d night will desert u. As I write to u, am not telling u am perfect. I'm a man like u, sometimes I feel lust for another woman but honestly speaking I pray God gives me d ability to resist such urge. Someone who has done what u did should rather feel sober.
Concerning ur wife's health situation, u knw ur wife very well, if u telling her what u did wil scatter d home or possibly d marriage I will advice u not to tell her. But like someone said u can indirectly and romantically wrap it in eba and feed her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Juxtified:

She won't leave. But try to change sha
Thanks bro. I do need to change. Thanks again.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by NotNairalandi(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Bro to save ur marriage,tell ur wife that you went for a lab test and doctor said u have infection,how come! Maybe it was the day u used toilet at the bar that u contacted it. Never tell her u had se x wit someone but still ask God to forgive u.also tell her that u have taken some pill and it will be good she take the pill also incase if u have transfered it to her.after that both of u can go for another test just for confirmation......

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 12:06am On Aug 03, 2015
Nairalandi:
Bro to save ur marriage,tell ur wife that you went for a lab test and doctor said u have infection,how come! Maybe it was the day u used toilet at the bar that u contacted it. Never tell her u had se x wit someone but still ask God to forgive u.also tell her that u have taken some pill and it will be good she take the pill also incase if u have transfered it to her.after that both of u can go for another test just for confirmation......

Goodluck!

Thanks for ur inputs. My wife is actually a very smart woman and will not fall for that toilet trick. In all sincerity, I'm not even sure if she has it or not. To take this feeling of guilt away, I think just opening up is the way to go.. Not sure where this will lead us though.

The other girl in question suggested that we keep doing what we are doing. Since both of us are treated already, after a month she will go back to the doctor for another checkup, if she has it, that means my wife has it and just passed it to both of us again. Not sure if that's a good idea though. At this point, I've never felt this guilty my whole life.

Some of the advice I got on this thread included wrapping the pills in eba, my wife is American and doesn't eat eba. She makes it for me though, but never eats african meals. So whenever she cooks, she cooks twice -African food for me and my 2 year old daughter and American food for her and my 5 year old son.

Also, I know it's easy in Nigeria to go to a pharmacy to get pills, but here in the US, these are prescription pills and are only sold if a doctor approves them for you. Which makes it harder to get the pills and even get her to take them without her consent.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 03, 2015
SmartMugu:

Thanks for ur inputs. My wife is actually a very smart woman and will not fall for that toilet trick. In all sincerity, I'm not even sure if she has it or not. To take this feeling of guilt away, I think just opening up is the way to go.. Not sure where this will lead us though.

The other girl in question suggested that we keep doing what we are doing. Since both of us are treated already, after a month she will go back to the doctor for another checkup, if she has it, that means my wife has it and just passed it to both of us again. Not sure if that's a good idea though. At this point, I've never felt this guilty my whole life.

Some of the advice I got on this thread included wrapping the pills in eba, my wife is American and doesn't eat eba. She makes it for me though, but never eats african meals. So whenever she cooks, she cooks twice -African food for me and my 2 year old daughter and American food for her and my 5 year old son.

Also, I know it's easy in Nigeria to go to a pharmacy to get pills, but here in the US, these are prescription pills and are only sold if a doctor approves them for you. Which makes it harder to get the pills and even get her to take them without her consent.
You're really pathetic. Still talking with the girl , I hope your wife clean you out when she finds out.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Hydee2784(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2015
Op, you have a beautiful family, and a very wonderful wife. A wife that takes the pain to prepare african meals for you despite she doesn't eat it. I will say you are lucky to have met such a woman. Please try not to throw all these away. Stop seeing the taxi driver, stick to your woman, sit her down and tell her the whole truth, then take her for a test, instead of trying to give her the drug secretly. She might not even have the disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2015
LadyFiona:
You're really pathetic. Still talking with the girl , I hope your wife clean you out when she finds out.
I haven't been seeing her since this happened. We however text on whatshap and that's it. I have no intentions of doing anything with her anymore.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2015
Hydee2784:
Op, you have a beautiful family, and a very wonderful wife. A wife that takes the pain to prepare african meals for you despite she doesn't eat it. I will say you are lucky to have met such a woman. Please try not to throw all these away. Stop seeing the taxi driver, stick to your woman, sit her down and tell her the whole truth, then take her for a test, instead of trying to give her the drug secretly. She might not even have the disease.
Right on point. Thanks for the advise.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Tay16(f): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
SmartMugu:

I understand that's a thought. I'm really not a cheat. I have been with my wife for almost 9 years and never had to cheat on her. I'm Nigerian, she's American. Sometimes we think differently. Sometimes, alcohol gets the best of people and that I think triggered this whole event.
you are not really a cheat but you really cheated for 2months undecided you have to tell her the truth so that she gets treated before its too late

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by GHoJes: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
SmartMugu:
Thanks bro. I do need to change. Thanks again.
Meet Buhari na, he dey share change. Mtcheew.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Originalsly: 4:23am On Aug 04, 2015
Op......you can't suck sugarcane and blow whistle at the same time. You are also speaking with a forked tongue. ..like that of a snake. Went to the bar .... had no intentions but made out with the babe..... one nite stand ..regretted after. .sh-*t happens...I buy that. To continue after is to have a relationship in which you now find yourself and are quite proud of it. Breaking up is not an option you are considering...so what would happen? The STD would always be with you...your side chick and your wife. You took the pills...you are clean until you sleep with either your wife or gf...your gf took the pills.... she would be clean until she sleeps with her bf....the four of you would keep reinfecting each other and some STD'S can evolve to more serious and dangerous ones. Do you know if the bf has already introduced HIV to the party? You need to go do check up with your wife.,.. no explanation needed... both of you be treated.... then stick to your wife.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Originalsly:
Breaking up is not an option you are considering...so what would happen?
Thanks. I don't see this chick anymore, in other words we broke up already. We chat on whatshap every now and then, but all we talk about is how we both regret what happened. I have no plans seeing her again.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
GHoJes:

[s]Meet Buhari na, he dey share change. Mtcheew[/s].
I wish I could delete this, completely off topic.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by Originalsly: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
SmartMugu:

Thanks. I don't see this chick anymore, in other words we broke up already. We chat on whatshap every now and then, but all we talk about is how we both regret what happened. I have no plans seeing her again.
It doesn't take much to restart a fire .....why still chat? ....wasn't it the same chatting that lead to the problem? You have no plans of seeing her again .....you had no plans of sleeping with her .... but you did. Same would happen again.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by SmartMugu: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Originalsly:
It doesn't take much to restart a fire .....why still chat? ....wasn't it the same chatting that lead to the problem? You have no plans of seeing her again .....you had no plans of sleeping with her .... but you did. Same would happen again.
I actually think ure right. May be ignoring her texts would be the way to go. I have no plans changing my number cos of her. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Tell My Wife That She Has STD? by ogogoro: 6:18am On Aug 19, 2015
Have you told your wife yet? From the other end of the table, I believe that this is the best way to go. She would definitely be hurt, as she was sitting in her home quietly and a trailer came to jam her. She might walk out or might even want to revenge, but she would appreciate you telling her the truth. Whatever she says, don't argue just accept responsibility and when you're telling her, buy her a nice gift to a eg her with. All the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Magical Healing Effect Of ONIONS!!!..... A Must Read!! / Healthy Way To Slim Down Fast / Boil Mango Leaves And Onion. Drink To Threat These Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.