Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

My Laptop Is Very Slow - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Very Slow (4298 Views)

My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! / My Lenovo Laptop Is Very Slow( Pics) HEEELLP!!! / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by onatisi(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Donald3d:
i dnt knw hw easily to explain dis without using electrical terms.ok see this way,when u bridge two connections or components that are not supposed to be in contact,your body can also short circuit,yes !! u are a conductor,so it is advisable to place one hand on the body or chasis of the laptop (known as earthing or grounding) to prevent short circuit or static electricity when changing for example your RAM(one of the main reasons why sum peoples rams get damaged or unresponsive,but it can be corrected) *edited* and as makavele said remove ur batteries and also unplug the charger.
makavele:

Trust me you don't want to short-circuit your board . . this can happen when 2 or more point of contacts(solder points) on yur motherboard are connected either by a loose wire, water , hand etc....So be careful touching those solder-points on your board. . .
its just like you're carrying a live PHCN wire and joining it with another live PHCN wire, u already know what happens next . . .
To prevent that, work with rubber gloves,, as they don't conduct electricity . .
also remove the battery prior to dismantling your laptop .., for some minutes . to drain out the static charge . . .
thanks a lot . I have many more questions though
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by Donald3d(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:
procee ,we are here 4 u.
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by makavele: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2015
onatisi:

Keep 'em coming . ..
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by AwesomeRomeo: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
makavele:

Keep 'em coming . ..
Donald3d:
procee ,we are here 4 u.
You guys are just awesome! Keep helping others. May God bless you!
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by AwesomeRomeo: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Pls I need tutorial on how to flash phones.
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by makavele: 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls I need tutorial on how to flash phones.

i think this is a computer board and u'd get better help in the Phones board . . meanwhile
for different brands of phones, there are different methods of flashing and different tools required to be downloaded. . .
which particular brand do u have in mind ?
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by AwesomeRomeo: 12:22am On Aug 04, 2015
makavele:

i think this is a computer board and u'd get better help in the Phones board . . meanwhile
for different brands of phones, there are different methods of flashing and different tools required to be downloaded. . .
which particular brand do u have in mind ?
Android. Tanx for the response sir.
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by intrepid: 6:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Please what about Refurbished laptops from eBay or any of those American and UK online shops? How good are those refurbished laptops because I'm considering getting one.
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by Elsquidme(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
OP, have you ever defragment your hard drive? install malwarebytes and scan your system. download and install ccleaner and scan ya system. u can use d latest avast free antivirus to scan for viruses. avast is not heavy its a lightweight software so it will not slow ya system. i have a pavilion dv6000 laptop with 2.0ghz intel celeron dual core cpu 32bit cpu running a 32 bit windows 8.1 with 2gig ram. very fast. lastly, do a S.M.A.R.T Diagnostic test. you can use the SMART feature provided in d bios. u will see it as hard disk self test. if it return failure, guy backup ya data and change hard disk sharp sharp.
Re: My Laptop Is Very Slow by intrepidjay1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
intrepid:
What should I do? I had it reformatted last time and it still persisted.
Sometime later,I changes it from 1GB ram it was running on before,to 2GB.It was fast but after a while,its gone slow again and takes ages to load a program.

I took it to somebody today and he said I should get rid of the Avast Antivirus I have in it ,that's its heavy and can make my system to slow down.

However I'm thinking that perhaps I may need to increase the ram again.I have videos on it and plenty of documents.can they slow down a system?

Help needed please.

Which intrepid are you.... Stole mai name

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooops! i formatted my hard drive ( Resolved) / Its Blazing With Free Browsing And Super Fast / Hp Pavillion 15(SOLD!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.