Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience (937 Views)

Look Up To God...not Man! / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by Ptoocool(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
I Corinthians 2:1-2

erm, *clears throat*

this piece is to no one in particular, its just me pouring out my heart, so let no one feel offended..
lets drink..

A large percentage of God's people are admittedly confused. Why? One of the reason is Wondering. Another is REASONING.

(in subsequent write ups, we'll discuss 'wondering')

But for now, let's focus on 'reasoning'

The dictionary partially defines the word reason in the noun form as an "underlying fact or motive that provides logical sense for a premise or occurrence" and in the verb form as "to use the faculty of reason: think logically."

That's settled..

Before I proceed I'll like to inform you all that have been an ardent reader of numerous threads in this forum ranging from the ones written by the atheists(those who always antagonizes anything that has to do with God and His loyal followers), down the lane are the pagan/heathen(very few though), to the so called 'believers' (those who hardly creates a thread but are always waiting on each thread with the 'Sword of the Spirit') and finally the indifferent (those who doesn't know on whose side they are-they are just there).

Although have never for once commented on any of these threads but my constant studying, meditating and the 'feeding my eyes' thingy have led me to view things from different vantage points-the OP's and the replies.. To cut this short, sometimes ago I found myself in the categories of those who are indifferent-I became indifferent to everything have learnt while growing up and then everything looks meaningless.

I was always a very curious, inquisitive person. I had to have everything figured out in order to be satisfied. I realized now that I felt more secure if I had things figured out. I did not want any loose ends in my life. I wanted to be in control-and when I did not understand things, I felt out of control-frightened. But I was lacking something. I had no peace of mind and was physically worn out from reasoning.

This type of continual WRONG mental activity (yes, cause reasoning is one of the "busy activities" in which the mind engages that prevent discernment and revelation knowledge) will even make your physical body tired. It sometimes leave me exhausted.

Yes, the human mind likes logic and order and reason. It likes to deal with what it understands. Therefore, we have a tendency to put things into neat little bins in the compartment of our mind, thinking, "this must be the way it is because it fits so nicely here." We can find something our minds are comfortable with and still be totally wrong. Isn't that an irony?

It took a long time, but I finally realized that in many instances, the less I know, the happier I am. Sometimes I find out so much and it makes me quite miserable.

BUT,

God began to show me that my constant reasoning was the basis of my confusion and that it was preventing me from receiving what He wanted to give me.

Now, here's the Gospel:

I am not in anyway trying to claim the 'saint' status or form perfectionist, as a matter of fact am not in anyway near perfection or aspiring to be one. I'm still a work-in-progress (we all are, and will always be in His hand)

but God required me to give it up, and I strongly suggest the same thing for anyone who is addicted to reasoning. Yes, I said addicted to reasoning. We can become addicted to wrong mental activity just as someone else can become addicted to drugs and alcohol. I was addicted to reasoning, and when I gave it up I had withdrawal symptoms. I felt lost and frightened because I did not know what was going on. I even felt bored.

I had spent so much of my mental time reasoning that when I gave it up, I had to become accustomed to my mind being peaceful. For a while it seemed boring, but now I love it. While I used to run my mind all the time on everything, now I can't tolerate the pain and labour of reasoning.

During this period have realized that reasoning opens the door for deception and brings much confusion. Reasoning is not the normal condition in which God wants our mind to reside.

Be aware that when the mind is filled with reasoning, it is not normal. At least not for those who intends to be victorious-those who intends to win the war that is fought in the mind; the reasoning war.

Before I drop my pen, I will like to share this:

I don't know about you, but I want God to reveal things to me in such a way that I know in my spirit what has been revealed to my mind is correct. I dont want to reason, to figure, and to be logical, rotating my mind around and around on issue until I am worn out and confused. I want to continually experience the peace of mind and heart that comes from trusting God, not in my own human insight and understanding.

You and I must grow to the place where we are satisfied to know the One Who knows, even if we ourselves do not know..

(I hope this helps someone out there, I really hope it does)

K. Peters
#P2kull

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by emekadeboy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by kingralph(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
I feel you my brother. I myself indulge in reasoning. From my childhood I studied the bible voraciously, memorised scriptures and even won many bible quiz. I was a Sunday school teacher for many years. I feel there are many people who reason the bible...for many reasons...of which are unanswered prayers, events that contradict the bible's promises as well as the seeming profitability if evil over good these days. A reasonable person will wonder why Nigerian leader loot the treasury and go scot-free while the citizenry...of which christians are A part of...suffer the consequences. These and many more cause the problem of reasoning
Re: Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by Ptoocool(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
kingralph:
I feel you my brother. I myself indulge in reasoning. From my childhood I studied the bible voraciously, memorised scriptures and even won many bible quiz. I was a Sunday school teacher for many years. I feel there are many people who reason the bible...for many reasons...of which are unanswered prayers, events that contradict the bible's promises as well as the seeming profitability if evil over good these days. A reasonable person will wonder why Nigerian leader loot the treasury and go scot-free while the citizenry...of which christians are A part of...suffer the consequences. These and many more cause the problem of reasoning

I feel you too cause I can actually relate with all of this but that notwithstanding we mustn't give room for reasoning, come what may.

God gives us understanding on many issues, but we dont have to understand everything to walk with the Lord and in obedience to His will. There are times when God leaves huge question marks as tools in our lives to stretch our faith. Unanswered question crucify the flesh life. It is difficult for human beings to give up reasoning and simply trust God, but once the process is accomplished, the mind enters into a place of rest.
Re: Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by Weah96: 2:34am On Aug 02, 2015
Ptoocool:

I feel you too cause I can actually relate with all of this but that notwithstanding we mustn't give room for reasoning, come what may.

OK, no more reasoning for you, from this day henceforth. Let's see if you survive longer than 3 seconds in traffic.

It is difficult for human beings to give up reasoning and simply trust God, but once the process is accomplished, [size=17pt]the mind enters into a place of rest.[/size]

It's called madness and is the reason why mad people don't know that they're mad.
Re: Trust God, Not Human Reasoning - My Experience by Ptoocool(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2015
Weah96:

It's called madness and is the reason why mad people don't know that they're mad.

I Corinthians 1:18 says "for the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

Ecclesiastes 7:25 further drive my point on reasoning home very clearly, it says
"I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness"

Bros, I simply hope you not a victim of Deuteronomy 28:28

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Oracle Of God Storms PH For A 3-Day Deliverance Crusade / Endtime Teaching On:making Your Life Count For Entetnity!topic: Making Your Life / And The Trumpet Shall Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.