Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? (37667 Views)

Who Should Supervise A Building Project; Architects, Builders Or Engineers / VERY IMPORTANT: Why Nigerian Civil Engineers Blame Architects/their Incompetence / VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by segcymoor(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
!!!
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
Arcdavid:
As a professional architect, I could give you advise but it will based on individual differences... you can reach me with a text on the nature of the proposed structure. NB am not doing this for your money sake, I just want to help after reading the several post. It. Is also wrong to label an architect a artisan... it's like say pharmacist are chemist that sells drugs on your local streets!

Thank you for the offer, I already have my plans drawn and it fits my families needs perfectly. The next melee is finding an artisan builder that can then take this produced interpretation and turn it into a reality. I appreciate your offer.

In regards to calling architects artisan, we'll agree to disagree on that. My position is unwavering. Though I will say that not all Architects are Artisans but I am only interested in relating to Architects that have taken the field beyond architecture and into artisanship. You should spend some time to read the linked websites that I included if time permits.

Fortunately where I live, only Pharmacists are allowed to sell medicine. Not sure about Nigeria.

Thanks.

PS: What I did was purchase a plan on eBay by a renowned Architect - not world renowned but known enough that he pushes the envelope which is a great fit for me. Of course this plan was designed for a specific plot and topography, but it's the design that I've always wanted. Its' artistic, different and offer me an opportunity to have a structure that I'll be proud in. I then downloaded and learnt SketchUp so that I can demo the changes that I want to a Nigerian Artisan Architect who will be responsible for drawing it according to the codes in Nigeria. In the meantime I hired someone from Fiverr.Com to build it for me in 3D so that I can walk through it and changes based on visualization.

So as you can see I am a very detail oriented client who knows exactly what he needs. It's my house and I'm going to be living in it, not the artisan architect. This is why I searched for such person.

Again, I thank you for your generous offer.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by stancydg: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2015
A fool at your age is obviously a fool forever and you prove the saying right. Grammar still intensely incorrect despite the fact that you live abroad. You are a big disgrace to America and appalling to Nigerians, who have been trying to correct your mental dilapidation to no avail on this thread. Gross Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
stancydg:
A fool at your age is obviously a fool forever and you prove the saying right. Grammar still intensely incorrect despite the fact that you live abroad. You are a big disgrace to America and appalling to Nigerians, who have been trying to correct your mental dilapidation to no avail on this thread. Gross Idiot.

The truth finally comes out.

Thank you, have a nice day. The exit is to your right grin

Artisan Architects, I salute you all.

3 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Venom104: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2015
No need getting worked up over an individual's opinion on who is an artisan, architect or bricklayer.. Egunmogaji might come off as an arrogant

preek, in the end his opinion takes nothing away from anyone's years of education and practice to become an artisan/architect.

So lets be civil instead of the unnecessary ego tantrums grin

4 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Venom104:
No need getting worked up over an individual's opinion on who is an artisan, architect or bricklayer.. Egunmogaji might come off as an arrogant

preek, in the end his opinion takes nothing away from anyone's years of education and practice to become an artisan/architect.

So lets be civil instead of the unnecessary ego tantrums grin

Venom104 might come across as a pompous dweeb, but he's right why are the dunces loosing sleep on how I define stuff? grin

Artisan Architects I salute you all, please continue to blend architecture with artistcal flairs and take the industry. Some of us appreciate other than standard structures.

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Venom104: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Venom104 might come across as a pompous dweeb, but he's right why are the dunces loosing sleep on how I define stuff? grin

Artisan Architects I salute you all, please continue to blend architecture with artistcal flairs and take the industry. Some of us appreciate other than standard structures.

Artistic flair is one of the core principles of any professional architect.. Anyway, How much were you quoted for the design??
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2015
Venom104:

Artistic flair is one of the core principles of any professional architect.. Anyway, How much were you quoted for the design??

You're right about artistic flair, but you won;t believe how many still drew roman pillars and ensuite bedrooms after having told them I don't want them.

My Architect and I have a relationship based on future work - I would ask that you approach him direct for a quote. He treated me very fairly.

I will tell you this much I stand behind his work 110% and he has the patience of a saint.

Based on the title of my thread I know this makes me hypocritical by not telling my cost, but no worries I can wear that and many more titles grin

I can see that you guys are done brow beating Brabus but I didn't get a meeting invite that it's my turn this week to get a royal Nairaland beat down cheesy
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Venom104: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You're right about artistic flair, but you won;t believe how many still drew roman pillars and ensuite bedrooms after having told them I don't want them.

My Architect and I have a relationship based on future work - I would ask that you approach him direct for a quote. He treated me very fairly.

I will tell you this much I stand behind his work 110% and he has the patience of a saint.

Based on the title of my thread I know this makes me hypocritical by not telling my cost, but no worries I can wear that and many more titles grin

I can see that you guys are done brow beating Brabus but I didn't get a meeting invite that it's my turn this week to get a royal Nairaland beat down cheesy

Damn you for taking away the chance to point out the hypocrisy there.. As for the bolded , that's why you are better served going for

professionals, some just regurgitate past designs with little or no alterations to different client needs..

All the best with your project

2 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2015
Venom104:

Damn you for taking away the chance to point out the hypocrisy there.. As for the bolded , that's why you are better served going for

professionals, some just regurgitate past designs with little or no alterations to different client needs..

All the best with your project

You're allright dude, I like you cheesy

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by abouzaid: 8:02am On Aug 20, 2015
please can we see the floor plan and 3d of this your highly rated work?
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2015
No. cheesy

Yeah I know, I'm a dirty rotter grin
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by twinskenny(m): 9:37am On Aug 20, 2015
stancydg:

no need for all this sir...

2 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by smiley001(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2015
uwemjack:

Architects are not artisans!
There are industry standards in terms of fees and the level of involvement required.

Normally the fees you pay industry wide is usually a percentage of the cost of construction for a standard project based on the scale of professional fees, which is in the public domain.

However, based on relationship, level of experience or level of desperation you can get lower negotiated fees as low as 20k especially from undergraduate, new graduates searching for job, dropouts etc.

I should also mention that some will overcharge you if the they think they can get away with it.

Bottomline, if you have the money engage registered professionals with physical offices - Architects, Engineers, surveyors etc negotiate fees not higher than scale of fees recommendation. If you don't have the money or you just want a draft - new graduate, undergraduate or young graduate will be a better alternative.

Basically the charge you get will be the value he or she puts on their service.

waht is the value of your service?

Remember there are quacks out there.

2.5m to design a bungalow is outrageous

now I understand y dey don't fall in d same price range.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by abouzaid: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.
abouzaid:
please can we see the floor plan and 3d of this your highly rated work?
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by LANREFORWA: 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Architects are completely diferent draftmen, Architects gives you the best design that suit your area and as a professional with 7yrs training university, he find out what exactly your aim is. is it lease, sales or personal, consider your location and the configuration of your land etc to determine the final design and he provide functionally appealling and aesthetic design, u can get a better value for your building. A draftman can give u cheap design with poor fuctionality that reduce the value of your house because he is not aprofessional. Generally u spend millions to complete a good house so why not work with a better design that makes your building unique. From my experience as an Architect I have re design so many buildings even at construction stage where the functionality is so bad and the client now blame himself for using a draftman initially. There are lot of diferences, paying 40k or more to save a projects that will gulp millions is better and reasonable to avoid penny wise pound foolish. To know more contact Arc Lanre 08035848491. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by pen2(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

So what is the industry standard?

Value of what service?

I used the word artisan in general and I stand by it. No worries though because even a 2 stroke engine repair person considers himself an engineer in Nigeria.
Architects are not artisans! Stop trying to defend your ignorance or poor use of english. Architects are licensed professionals who go through painstaking training both in school and practice. Its like calling a medical doctor a lab assistant!

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
pen2:

Architects are not artisans! Stop trying to defend your ignorance or poor use of english. Architects are licensed professional who go through painstaking training both in schools and in practice. Its like calling a medical doctor a lab assistant!

You're a bit late to the class grin

Architects are artisans wink

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by bixton(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Prices though differ depending on the individual but some prices are way off limit. Nonetheless depending on your geographic location, designing a 2 bedroom apartment, bungalow also in semi-detached form, one storey building, duplex also in semi-detached form ranges between 80k -#350k. Interested persons can contact me via my email(jobspays@yahoo.com/08039387432).
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by nifemiayoade(m): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Contact ARCHARAN CONTRUCTION COMPANY 08069253261 we will giv u a very good price with a very good structure, see what u want 2 build b4 construction

1 Share

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by nifemiayoade(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Stop given your plan,builing or structure to quack contractor because of d price and at d end u we end up lossing because they we not giv u want u want or pay 4, investigate on a company dat u want giv your builing 2 , where by a construction company can giv u what u want and build what u want without lossing with avoidable price, ARAN ARCHITECTURE AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, we build a house to the toast of what u want and in model style,we also help you 2 collect the approval and seal of ownership of your building. we are the best in construction , try us 2 day and u we see d diffent add on whatsapp or call 08069253261

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by SMSandEvents: 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Patcollins Bolts and Nuts supplies quality galvanized bolts, nuts, fishers, screw and fasteners in Nigeria.
We have different sizes of √ Drywall Screws
√ Chipboard Screws
√ Self Drilling Screws
√Tapping Screws
√ Machine Screws
√ Galvanized/Mild steel Bolts and Nuts
√ Barrow Bolts
√Screw Bolts
√Japan Screws
√ Rivet Nails
√ Threaded Rods
√ Hilti Bolts
√ Raw Bolts
√ Roofing Screws
√ Roofing Bolts
√ Washers
√ Wood Screws
√ Hexagonal Bolts/Nuts
√ Sheet metal Screws
√ Coupling/Joiner
√ Anchor Nuts.
√ Fishers
√Drilling Bit.

Call now 08032477868 and place your order. Quality products and customer satisfaction guaranteed!
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by akinolaolujide(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=36546002]

I'm calling an architect an artisan, you can continue to disagree.

My rate is not what's in question and this is a non sequitur. This is a serious conversation and I do not wish for this to delve into the more common Nairaland tit for tat debacle.

The intent of the thread is specific, have you paid an architect lately, if so how much? This is not a bash on architects. It also matters less to me what your profession is.[/quote
This is why people get defrauded by artisans and cry foul.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by ackoday(m): 3:46am On Aug 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Architects to me are artisans. No attempt to deflect your lack of inadequate reasoning or self centered and bloated ego can shift my usage of that word. If the shoe doesn't fit, then don't wear it. Real accomplished Architects/Designers/Draughtsmen knows who they are and they don't get into an hypnotic fit because of some shyte title.

Stop trying to make yourself relevant, you're simply not. The 3D service that you are offering on here and that I showcased as being available on Fiverr.Com for ordinary $5 is why you're here to lash out grin

#GetAGrip

"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it." James A. Baldwin
EgunMogaji:

Architects to me are artisans. No attempt to deflect your lack of inadequate reasoning or self centered and bloated ego can shift my usage of that word. If the shoe doesn't fit, then don't wear it. Real accomplished Architects/Designers/Draughtsmen knows who they are and they don't get into an hypnotic fit because of some shyte title.

Stop trying to make yourself relevant, you're simply not. The 3D service that you are offering on here and that I showcased as being available on Fiverr.Com for ordinary $5 is why you're here to lash out grin

#GetAGrip

"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it." James A. Baldwin
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=37122631]

#GetAGrip

"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it." James A. Baldwin[/quotey
pls think before you write,a doctor is not a nurse,
a mason is not a building Engineer
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 20, 2017
ackoday:
[left][/left]

You should take your own advice of thinking before posting.

You that can't perform a simple task as quoting a post properly and yet you want to be taken seriously grin

Go back under the bridge that you crawled out of.

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Defining Artisan Architecture

What is Artisan Architecture?

Besides the name of this Web site we submit for your consideration and comment that….

Artisan Architecture is the product of an approach to design and construction. It is based on particular presuppositions. This is an attempt to codify them. The root principals create a distinctive architecture one that celebrates the art and craft of building. It is created by artisan architects; artisan builders, craftsmen and manufacturers of superior products. We advance that artisan architects and artisan builders tend to adhere to the following principals.
Building is an art and a craft requiring skill and talent not a technological expression of precision of mechanics.
Artisan buildings are part of a historic continuum not a singular expression of an artist or of technologies.
Artisan Architecture requires skill talent and commitment to a singular vision and the participants in the process of design and construction subordinate their own personal vision to that of the whole.
Artisan Architecture is created when the whole becomes greater than the sum of it’s parts. The parts include but are not limited too the skills of the craftsmen/ builders, contributing artisans, materials & technologies; industry products used, and the intentions of the creators; this includes those who commissioned the work of architecture.
Building is a social and community expression that should reflect the values, goals and ideals of the greater community it is part of.
Artisan Architecture is in a context and subordinates itself to that context to participate in it not dominate it. This includes cultural, environmental, and social determinants.
Artisan Architecture is a team achievement not an individualistic expression of any singular artist or contributor in the process.
The best of Artisan Architecture transcends mere fashion,fad or the vagaries of historic “styles” and creates a singular timeless expression of the art and craft of architecture. A premier artist architect Frank Lloyd Wright said ” I do not design in style I design with style”. Artisan architects and builders imbue traditional, non traditional and recognizable architectural styles with something uniquely their own no matter what the “style” of the work.
Artisan Architecture is a personal expression of craftsmanship, skill and artistry subordinated to the values, goals and ideals of the whole particularly of the patron who commissioned it.

http://artisanarchitecture.com/about/

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by bixton(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2017
Artisan Architecture is nothing but a mere terminology used by its creators.

Ideas are only limited to what you think and feel is possible and willingly to grasp.
We all read, but how we understand is what matters to be able to inform the public.
Make the links below for source of information and get the drift of all.

http://artisanarchitecture.com/about/...........

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architect......

http://www.aiacc.org/2012/02/16/architectartisan-collaboration/.............

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_National_Stadium
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
This thread is great let things keep flowing na. www.nairaland.com/timtol
See that bungalow
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
This thread is great let things keep flowing na. www.nairaland.com/timtol
See that bungalow other view available

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by ahmedoo(m): 6:25am On Aug 30, 2017
nice one at timtol

1 Like

Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2017
ahmedoo:
nice one at timtol
Thanks
Re: Architects Fees, How Much Did You Pay? by Timtol(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2017
Timtol:
This thread is great let things keep flowing na.
www.nairaland.com/timtol

See that bungalow other view available
It's just a 3bedroom on 60by60.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lebanese Blocks Abuja Games Village Gate (Photo) / FCTA Demolishes Brothels, Illegal Structures In Abuja / Gas Cylinder Explodes At Alakahia, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.