Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,634 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerian Baptist Convention - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Baptist Convention (9660 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by bawomolo(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2009
i was actually raised a baptist.

With series of lessons in the Sunday School Dept & Church Training Dept.

these had little effect of me.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by JeSoul(f): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2009
bawomolo:

lol . . . could we attribute that to your stubborness and predilection for the highly unlikely and improbable position?
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by debosky(m): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . could we attribute that to your stubborness and predilection for the highly unlikely and improbable position?

Oyinbo repete. . . but GBAM!! grin

You can lead the horse to the stream but you can't force him to drink. wink

I really liked Sunday School - taught me so much about Christian life and just being a rational human being as well.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by tubabie(f): 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2009
bawomolo:

You sound funny! cheesy
But they did have a good effect on me and pretty much still does even now. The foundation laid in sunday school was good.
While associations like Ga ,Lydia, BSF, RA and co  had objectives, the activities were too numerous to juggle at times but i had fun at times.
i particularly used to avoid those association meetings and hope i wont be chosen to attend because i disliked the uniforms! lipsrsealed

debosky:

Oyinbo repete. . . but GBAM!!  grin

You can lead the horse to the stream but you can't force him to drink. wink

I really liked Sunday School - taught me so much about Christian life and just being a rational human being as well.

Seconded!
Haha so you were one too! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by JeSoul(f): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2009
debosky:

Oyinbo repete. . . but GBAM!! grin

lol . . .  smiley I have seen some of your posts around . . . you sef take style resemble that same oyinbo atimes  grin

Fa real. Sunday school was the best thing that happened to me as a child . . . I can still remember the classroom, the teachers, the quizzes and bible verse competitions and the day I believed and accepted Jesus!  smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by toba1909(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2009
Sunday School classes are really enjoyed then, with the memory verse thing,
Do anyone remember the sword drill thing also?

I too like baptist church o,
But i no too dey attend Sunday School again embarassed
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by dalaman: 12:39am On Apr 25, 2009
I used to be a Catholic but I now attend a Baptist Church. I some times attend KICC.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by bawomolo(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
JeSoul:

na wa o, where's my webster dictionary. I just never vibed with the sunday school thing. Children singing songs like "make me a good child like samuel" just seemed wack to me. It's pretty unlikely that Christianity is truth out of the tons of religions that exist. I would take my chances being an atheist

You can lead the horse to the stream but you can't force him to drink.

hey i doubt horses would want to drink contaminated water. Baptists are cool overall, they are old school but not as orthodox like the catholic church
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by onechucx: 1:09pm On May 05, 2009
@ THE BAPTIST
Permit me to tel you somethings about the Baptist,
1-- Our values purpose and goals are not tie down to any man but God. Our Leaders are God sent guides
2-- Consistency is an identity of Integrity, Baptist are consistent.
i ld tell you more
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by BABSDEJI(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2009
HI SHINY STAR, YOU'R A GREAT MAN. I'VE HEARD ABOUT YOUR EXPLOIT IN LSBSF. PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL DEFINATELY TAKE US FAR. PLS DON'T LEAVE OOOOOOO, TOGETHER WE'LL TAKE BAPTIST TO THE HIGHEST HEIGHT. THANKS FOR THOSE ENCOURAGING WORDS ON OUR REFRESHING STUDIO. WE'LL DEFINETELY GET THERE.

TO YOU ALL, LSBSF IS GOING ABOVE THE REST, WITH LAUNCHING OF OUR NEW LOCAL RADIO STATION, REFRESHING SPRING FM. DON'T WORRY NO MATTER WHAT WE ARE NOT GOING TO SEPERATE. AMEN.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by pcicero(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
I was not born a baptist but since i've been attending one it's been refreshing
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by Kunle106(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2009
Am proud 2 b one of d bsf, 2009 refreshn was awsme i was refreshd
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by pcicero(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2009
You guys are invited to the DEW OF HERMON conference of the Christ Baptist Church Gbagada- CBCG.

This awesome programme is holding between Thursday and Friday (27-28th August 2009).

Venue: Gbagada Roundabout Open Field
Along Oworonshoki -Oshodi Expressway,
New Garage,
Gbagada, Lagos

Time: 6pm

Theme: If You Believe,

Ministering: Evang Job Alabi (Nigeria)
Dr Solomon Isola (General Secretary NBC)
Rev. Clive G Burnard (Great Britain)
Sis Tope Alabi (Praise and worship)
Pastor Ayo Gbode (Host pastor)

Come and be richly blessed. JESUS IS LORD

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by enato(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2009
Hey babsjide jst got d hint dat u jst joined nairaland.your audio man at spring fm(fbck).how are you.to all the baptis people i say cheers.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by enato(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2009
Hey babsjide jst got d hint dat u jst joined nairaland.your audio man at spring fm(fbck).how are you.to all the baptis people i say cheers.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by N101: 12:58am On Nov 08, 2009
Interesting thread.  What I'd like to know is where are the Baptist churches in Lagos and different parts of the country?  The Convention's website doesn't help (unlike the Church of Nigeria's  grin)

Did you know that the Nigerian Baptist Convention is the second largest affliated to the the Baptist World Alliance?  Any one going to next year's Baptist World Congress in Hawaii?
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by 9jabizhelp(m): 12:37am On Apr 10, 2013
It's good to meet Baptist here on Nairaland especially Royal Ambassadors. http://nnoromra..com
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by italo: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Can someone enlighten me? What is the Baptist Church?
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo: Can someone enlighten me? What is the Baptist Church?
a daughter of the harlot RCC
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by PastorOluT(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
Representing
Though i attend Baptist church and seriously love church structure, the best i have seen so far and believe me i have been to places, but consider myself interdinominational strictly the bible.

Concerning the issue of tithing, we should be student of the word, for crying out loud we are referred to as the people of the book, it goes beyond the law for Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedec. Tithing is not for new testament believers, in fact when you study the scriptures you will discover that we are supposed to give far more than 10th%. And there is no curse on those that do not pay tithe, for Pete sake where is it in the bible, i mean new testament of course.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by PastorOluT(m): 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
Born and bred a Baptist, Bamu to the core.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by steveregs1: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Doctrine and denomination are not routes to God, only Jesus is. Let's stop talking Baptist and Pentecostal here and focus on the real thing which is what we were created here to do--worship God by living our lives to honour him.

By this, I'm saying I like those that say they are non-denominational, but please let's not go on to speak wrongly about other Churches as it's not in our place to do so. Scripture asks, "Who are you to judge another man's servant?" Don't provoke The Lord your God to anger by negatively talking about other Churches in which people go and meet with God.

Let's show example as Christians.

Remember, Jesus is "the Way", the Truth and the Life. Not a way, but The Way. This means there's no other way to God (not religion, not denomination, not doctrine) except through Him. It's been high time long ago that we stopped dividing ourselves along these lines (or any line at all) as Christians.

Let's give unbelievers one less reason to not be saved. Thank you, brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by RealAdewole(m): 1:09am On Jun 18, 2016
italo:
Can someone enlighten me? What is the Baptist Church?
did you still need some enlightenment on Baptists
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by RealAdewole(m): 1:25am On Jun 18, 2016
missSlimbody haconjy DrAmanda bellville benitwater Femotgreatness stephdagud

let make this thread grow
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by bellville: 5:01am On Jun 18, 2016
JeSoul:

lol . . .  smiley I have seen some of your posts around . . . you sef take style resemble that same oyinbo atimes  grin

Fa real. Sunday school was the best thing that happened to me as a child . . . I can still remember the classroom, the teachers, the quizzes and bible verse competitions and the day I believed and accepted Jesus!  smiley
I loved sword drills. You remember those competitions where you rushed to open the bible. You then step out amidst your competitors as soon as you found the reference. I never got beyond association but there was this other girl that usually got to represent Lagos at the convention. I remember the use of flash cards for sunbeam kids. We had the scriptures in our tender minds and could quote them. Then the BSF camps! Sweet memories.

I attend RCCG now with hubby and have this feeling that my kids are missing out on something.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by MissSlimbody(f): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2016
Good Morning to you all...wasn't born a Baptist, but I just love the baptist denomination and her doctrines.

I started reading from page 0 and I agree totally with Shinystar said.

To be honest, I have had thoughts of leaving my current church, but my commitments won't allow me.

Some pastors have become "Erujeje" in their churches. And where there's no one to voice out, the members suffer in silence.

God bless the baptist denomination.

REFERESHING @30 YOU ARE ALL INVITED

Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by Gluthatione: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm proud to be a baptist, though this is not by birth, I became a baptist when I joined the BSF back then in school. I'm a Sunday school teacher now.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by Gbemy1Ruby: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
Baptist churches in Lagos state
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by alBHAGDADI: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
This thread will not die.
Re: Nigerian Baptist Convention by maisams01(m): 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
proudly a Baptist,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Wedding Banquet - Jack Kelley / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / 8 Steps To A Better Relationship With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.