Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran (3826 Views)

This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2015
JustPeace01:

8.12 Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you:
give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers:
smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.

And when you fight, you strive to kill the enemy during the fight.
However, even during the war, Islam has the highest moral law of war. You don't kill children, women or any one who is not fighting with you.

Nice, but the quran should have helped we mordern day unbelievers by stating that that admonition is for against the meccans alone na. Can you see what is happening today when ur limitation that its only for the war against the meccans was not stated there?

Dnt know if you omitted this or not , so ill like you to clarify. Did the medinans not attack the caravans going to mecca? Might this not be the reasons the meccans decided to attack Medina ?as the medinans where attacking the meccans source of survival?
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Ovacoma: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2015
Explain it to the hundreds of muslim terrorist organisations such as ISI, boko haram, etc. They follow the quran 'out of context', not those who, as you claim, qoute it 'out of context'. Why are muslims not protesting when terror groups kill thousands to defend allah, muhamad and islam? Anyway, takiyah is allowed in islam!

1 Like

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by JustPeace01: 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

What where the terms of the treaty ?
Who signed the treaty and when was it signed?.
Who broke them and when was it broken?
Are those verses applicable today or its just meant for that period and condition alone?.

[b]Historical Background

Now let us consider the historical background of the Surah. The series of events that have been discussed in this Surah took place after the Peace Treaty of Hudaibiyah. By that time, one-third of Arabia had come under the sway of Islam which had established itself as a powerful, well organized and civilized Islamic State. This Treaty afforded further opportunities to Islam to spread its influence in the comparatively peaceful atmosphere created by it. After this Treaty, two events took place, which led to very important results:
Conquest of Arabia

The first was the Conquest of Arabia. The Holy Prophet was able to send missions among different clans for the propagation of Islam. The result was that during the short period of two years, it became such a great power that it made the old order of ignorance' feel helpless before it. So much so that the zealous elements from among the Quraish were so exasperated that they broke the Treaty in order to encounter Islam in a decisive combat. But the Holy Prophet took prompt action after the breach so as not to allow them any opportunity to gather enough force for this. He made a sudden invasion on Makkah in the month of Ramadan in A. H. 8 and conquered it. Though this conquest broke the backbone of the order of ignorance, it made still another attack on Islam in the battle-field of Hunain, which proved to be its death-knell. The clans of Hawazin Thaqif, Naur, Jushm and others gathered their entire forces in the battle field in order to crush the reformative Revolution, but they utterly failed in their evil designs. The defeat of 'ignorance' at Hunain paved the way for making the whole of Arabia the 'Abode of Islam' (Dar-ul-Islam). The result was that hardly a year had Passed after the Battle of Hunain, when the major portion of Arabia came within the fold of Islam and only a few upholders of the old order remained scattered over some corners of the country.
The second event that contributed towards making Islam a formidable power was the Campaign of Tabuk, which was necessitated by the provocative activities of the Christians living within or near the boundaries of the Roman Empire to the north of Arabia. Accordingly, the Holy Prophet, with an army of thirty thousand marched boldly towards the Roman Empire but the Romans evaded the encounter. The result was that the power of the Holy Prophet and Islam increased manifold and deputations from all corners of Arabia began to wait upon him on his return from Tabuk in order to offer their allegiance to Islam and obedience to him. The Holy Quran has described this triumph in Surah An-Nasr: "When the succor of Allah came and victory was attained and you saw people entering the fold of Islam in large numbers...
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
JustPeace01:
Hmmmm.

Now No 4 is the continuation of No 3.

The translation you presented says 'until there is more ' fitna (disorder, unbelief) this means when non believers stop persecution stop fighting with them.

While someone else translated it as

And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do

Ha! Oga u be the real transformer! No be that one wey dem say come from space!

No more "unbelief" has turned to no more "persecution"

Haba! So what should we do to those different translations!?

1 Like

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by JustPeace01: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Humblebloke:
Can't you see.... These religions are man made, just like the christian storybook...... Why does the book preaches love and promote hate at the same time

I was a faithful muslim... I once bought this theory,I was always skeptical about the hadith...... So I read and this writers were trying to justify evil vices

I read the story of the *noble* prophet and looked for citations in the hadith...... All his actions were not frowned upon

I didn't see anything wrong with him being a warlord but then he killled infidels and took their wives for himself and his followers...... What kind of woman will allow you fu*k her willingly after killing her soulmate

There is a verse that clearly allows one to have (sex) with the ones their right hand possess(slaves)...... Common, this is absurd...... taking advantage of women you captured

The truth is if I have to be a muslim.... I have to accept both the good and evil deeds of Muhammed as holy and justified...... I can't live with that...

Religion is not from the just God

Go and read about Jesus in the bible and compare his teachings and life style to that of mohamed and you will realise that unlike mohamed he is truly from God. I agree with you that even the christian religion as practised today as deviated from what God wants but that does not take away the fact that it has Godly origins unlike islam.
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
JustPeace01:

[b]Historical Background

Now let us consider the historical background of the Surah. The series of events that have been discussed in this Surah took place after the Peace Treaty of Hudaibiyah. By that time, one-third of Arabia had come under the sway of Islam which had established itself as a powerful, well organized and civilized Islamic State. This Treaty afforded further opportunities to Islam to spread its influence in the comparatively peaceful atmosphere created by it. After this Treaty, two events took place, which led to very important results:
Conquest of Arabia

The first was the Conquest of Arabia. The Holy Prophet was able to send missions among different clans for the propagation of Islam. The result was that during the short period of two years, it became such a great power that it made the old order of ignorance' feel helpless before it. So much so that the zealous elements from among the Quraish were so exasperated that they broke the Treaty in order to encounter Islam in a decisive combat. But the Holy Prophet took prompt action after the breach so as not to allow them any opportunity to gather enough force for this. He made a sudden invasion on Makkah in the month of Ramadan in A. H. 8 and conquered it. Though this conquest broke the backbone of the order of ignorance, it made still another attack on Islam in the battle-field of Hunain, which proved to be its death-knell. The clans of Hawazin Thaqif, Naur, Jushm and others gathered their entire forces in the battle field in order to crush the reformative Revolution, but they utterly failed in their evil designs. The defeat of 'ignorance' at Hunain paved the way for making the whole of Arabia the 'Abode of Islam' (Dar-ul-Islam). The result was that hardly a year had Passed after the Battle of Hunain, when the major portion of Arabia came within the fold of Islam and only a few upholders of the old order remained scattered over some corners of the country.
The second event that contributed towards making Islam a formidable power was the Campaign of Tabuk, which was necessitated by the provocative activities of the Christians living within or near the boundaries of the Roman Empire to the north of Arabia. Accordingly, the Holy Prophet, with an army of thirty thousand marched boldly towards the Roman Empire but the Romans evaded the encounter. The result was that the power of the Holy Prophet and Islam increased manifold and deputations from all corners of Arabia began to wait upon him on his return from Tabuk in order to offer their allegiance to Islam and obedience to him. The Holy Quran has described this triumph in Surah An-Nasr: "When the succor of Allah came and victory was attained and you saw people entering the fold of Islam in large numbers...
[/b]

Oga, na simple question I ask o, u explain say the muslims went to a particular war cus someone or some people broke a treaty, and it was because of that war that the verses u first started ur explanation on was revealed.
So i ask,
(1)who signed the treaty and when was it signed.,

(2)what are the terms of the treaty
(3) are those verses aplicable in our time or just for that period alone.

Ur long post just tried to explain who broke the treaty, which I dnt believe anyway cus its too one sided.

Pls answer the 3 questions in thus reply

Modified: what where you expecting when mphamed came back from fighting the romans, that the small small tribes will now go against the will of the new warlord! *In a wailing voice* " you be bad person ooo!
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Humblebloke(m): 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jagoon:

Go and read about Jesus in the bible and compare his teachings and life style to that of mohamed and you will realise that unlike mohamed he is truly from God. I agree with you that even the christian religion as practised today as deviated from what God wants but that does not take away the fact that it has Godly origins unlike islam.

Sir..... I'm very open minded..... I've studied the bible and it is just another two faced book..... Preaching love and promoting hate like the quran........

To comprehend the Jesus is God theory.... You need the holyspiritgrin

These story books make God look like some confusionist

The bible and the quran clearly preaches same bullshit..... The only difference is their route to paradise theory
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Temihatz(m): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

Ha! Oga u be the real transformer! No be that one wey dem say come from space!

No more "unbelief" has turned to no more "persecution"

Haba! So what should we do to those different translations!?

Well according to Wikipedia, Fitna (or fitnah, pl. fitan; Arabic: فتنة , فتن‎: "temptation, trial; sedition, civil strife"[1]) is an Arabic word with extensive connotations of trial, affliction, or distress.

According to my Qur'an;
8:39 Fight them until there be no persecution and religion be wholly Allah's. So if they now desist, then Allah is the Beholder of what they are doing.

To me that is clear enough (based on what Op explained earlier)

Well done @Op
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
Temihatz:

Well according to Wikipedia, Fitna (or fitnah, pl. fitan; Arabic: فتنة , فتن‎: "temptation, trial; sedition, civil strife"[1]) is an Arabic word with extensive connotations of trial, affliction, or distress.

According to my Qur'an;
8:39 Fight them until there be no persecution and religion be wholly Allah's. So if they now desist, then Allah is the Beholder of what they are doing.

Well done @Op
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Temihatz:

According to my Qur'an;

Well done @Op

Nice try, I like ur attempt.
We'll the wikipedia went on to list other meanings like "to test" "to disturb the peace in the community" "conflict". All these does not have the same meaning with "persecution" my friend.

So I can likewise translate that verse to mean "fight till there no more conflict/test/disturbance of the peace .
Would like to ask you what are the muslims terms for peace to stop this "fitna" will they allow me to eat pork in my ancestral land or will it cause fitna?
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Humblebloke:

Sir..... I'm very open minded..... I've studied the bible and it is just another two faced book..... Preaching love and promoting hate like the quran........

The bible and the quran clearly preaches same bullshit..... The only difference is their route to paradise theory

U said you have read the bible, did you see "Jesus is God" theory there? To make u reject the book?

1 Like

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Humblebloke:

I asked you to read the teachings of Jesus and not "the bible" chrisztianity started in the new testament.
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by truthman2012(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
truthman2012:
@ OP

What is the context of the following verses?

Quran (3:56) - "As to THOSE WHO REJECT FAITH, I will punish them with terrible agony IN THIS WORLD and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE.Therefore STRIKE OFF THEIR HEADS and STRIKE OFF every FINGERTIPS of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) AND RELIGION SHOULD BE ONLY for Allah"

@JustPeace01

I noticed you skipped no. 3 and 4 in your explanations, why?

Those verses ordered muslims to go around striking unbelievers' head for not accepting islam. In fact the killings should continue until islam becomes the only religion.
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Humblebloke(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jagoon:

I asked you to read the teachings of Jesus and not "the bible" chrisztianity started in the new testament.

Ok Bro.... You want me to read the other version.... The one compiled by the greeks...

Well I did that already.......al they did was narrow it down
Scrapped deutronomy and some other chapters that could potray their doctrines as strict evil

They forgot to edit ephesians and some other chapters that still try to justify some vices

There is certainly a GOD..... Things rational science cannot explain

Religion was created by men......to instill fear in humanity and control their minds
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Demmzy15(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
JustPeace01:

[b]Historical Background

Conquest of Arabia

[/b]
Salam Aleikum bro, Jazakallahu kayran for this great thread. I'll advice you to ignore this guy, he asks too many irrelevant questions. If you've noticed other threads no one pays attention to him. Most of the questions he asks are to make fun or to set a trap, but Allah is great and no one falls. Once again thank you, your thread now is a reference!

4 Likes

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by truthman2012(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Demmzy15:

Salam Aleikum bro, Jazakallahu kayran for this great thread. I'll advice you to ignore this guy, he asks too many irrelevant questions. If you've noticed other threads no one pays attention to him. Most of the questions he asks are to make fun or to set a trap, but Allah is great and no one falls. Once again thank you, your thread now is a reference!

Hmmn!!

The shortest route to escape from trouble, right?
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by dolphinheart(m): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Simple question I've asked siiiiiiiiince! These questions where based on some statement so that me and others to dig deep into the truth and understand it better . What happens when those questions are asked...... Well guys, read the thread and see for urself .

Expecting me to swallow the fish without checking if their are bones is not an attempt to trap the chef .
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by adullam210: 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
The boko, d isis and co are the people that quote the quran aright! Too much lies to protect muhamad and his allah!!

2 Likes

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by abduljabbar4(m): 1:03am On Aug 03, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by abduljabbar4(m): 1:14am On Aug 03, 2015
Jagoon:
And the op should stop referring to the quoran as holy as there is nothing holy about that evil terror manuscript
Ishilove
Maclatunji
Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Cry baby going to report me to the mods tongue the truth is bitter and fact remains your quoran and prophet are the inspiration behind islamic terrorism today.

Re: Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran by Vecto(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ovacoma:
Explain it to the hundreds of muslim terrorist organisations such as ISI, boko haram, etc. They follow the quran 'out of context', not those who, as you claim, qoute it 'out of context'. Why are muslims not protesting when terror groups kill thousands to defend allah, muhamad and islam? Anyway, takiyah is allowed in islam!
Its simple. because we value our lives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / O God Arise And Move Me Forward By Fire : Concluding Service. / Nigerian Christians Are Worse Than Nigerian Pagans In Crime And Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.