Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

The Early Church Vs The Modern Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church (36328 Views)

Why Is The Church Today Different From The Early Church? / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by ikorodureporta: 1:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
D devil's taken over d modern chuurches....if he could do it to Adam & Eve, wht can stop him now? Pastors ar jst pretenders & hypocrites. When Femi Kuti did 'wonder-wonder', i thot it was blasphemous, until my eyez bcame opened....*JOHN4v24*
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Lawsimon(m): 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
partychaser:

Regardless of whether we like it or not, time must still be respected!

You can't expect to do 8BC things in 2015, even if U did it , people in the society will condemn any act not supporting the current act..

In other words, we just have to be appreciative of the time we in, incorporate little changes into our methods but the fundamental principles shouldn't be altered.

For example If I was in a church with gays, would I walk out on the church and curse the church?

NO! I came to serve God not man.
It is the 'fundamental principle' that will shape and guide your conduct. You can never be a christian and no difference is seen in you.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Lawsimon(m): 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
The scripture makes it clear that in the end, many shall be lovers of themselves than God.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by fairheven: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
The Early church built up" missionary" schools, hospital,for the poor

The modern church collects tithes and offerings from the poor and build" mercenary "universities, schools which the poor can't not afford

2 Likes

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by yokiti: 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
partychaser:

Regardless of whether we like it or not, time must still be respected!

You can't expect to do 8BC things in 2015, even if U did it , people in the society will condemn any act not supporting the current act..

In other words, we just have to be appreciative of the time we in, incorporate little changes into our methods but the fundamental principles shouldn't be altered.

For example If I was in a church with gays, would I walk out on the church and curse the church?

NO! I came to serve God not man.
What were the things done in 8BC that shouldnt/ cant be done now in 2015?
Me believe, we should do things that please our LORD Jesus christ and not the society.
Modernization of the church to please the world/ get world's approval has really eroded the values the early church stood for in our present day society.
The many " it doesnt matter" and "God understands" havent helped us and if not checked, it will either us from being a part of the marriage of the Lamb.
God will help us.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Lawsimon(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
ikorodureporta:
D devil's taken over d modern chuurches....if he could do it to Adam & Eve, wht can stop him now? Pastors ar jst pretenders & hypocrites. When Femi Kuti did 'wonder-wonder', i thot it was blasphemous, until my eyez bcame opened....*JOHN4v24*
THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW. A TRUE CHRISTIAN WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN HIM WILL KNOW THAT THE DEVIL HAS TAKEN OVER THE CHURCH. It is only empty vessels who have no direction that will not question what is going on. When I was a child, i remember asking my mother why people cried and shaded tears in church. This happened then when the pastor preached. Now, I no longer see such things. Is an evidence of the truth that the spirit has left. I came to understand that God does not force anybody. If you go contrary His principles, He leaves and he cannot condone iniquity.

1 Like

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Adekdammy: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=jeevyww post=3652592
Yes I wasn't refering to any denomination

Point of correction the Early church in the bible the Op talked about isn't catholic[/quote]
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by BobUg28(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
You made a lot of sense comrade. Things has totally changed. Many pastors see the work of God as business now. That's the major reason why things are increasingly getting spoilt in the christiandom.

I could remember those days when pastors preach against ladies wearing trousers (male apparels),and people were leaving within the ethics and moral principles that those pastors inculcate into the brethrens. but the reverse has now become the case;in the life of an average Nigerian lady , they considered as it as nothing.

The worst part of it is that the congregation easily buys into their ideology. See every reason reason to believe them.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by EGideonal24: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
O.P ONE BIG ORIJIN/KWALE WEED FOR U. U SAID IT ALL.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by tommysparks: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
The missionaries built schools and hospitals but the pastors of today are only interested in tithes and seeds. Some pastors say God can not be in your life and you remain poor, does it mean the poor and needy don't have God in thier lives? Paul was the greatest missionary if all time travelled round Asia and Europe evangelising so also the other apostles, but they never owned a horse or boat or camel which was the main source of transportation, so how come the pastors if our new churches are afraid to immitate the early christians?

1 Like

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by xest(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:
Well...lemme summarize it in just few words...The early church is basically Catholic,then later Anglican...If u don't go any of these churches,there's 89% chance you are attending the Modern church where the oga general cruises on ova 4 privates jets and feeds on the gullible followers.
KARL MARX was right afterall...Religion is the opium of the masses!
my brother well said, they feed on there tithe and firstfruits. They will stand on the pulpit and tell u that they can never be poor. Many Christians see them as God
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by kossyablaze(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
xest:
my brother well said, they feed on there tithe and firstfruits. They will stand on the pulpit and tell u that they can never be poor. Many Christians see them as God
Yes o

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Rapture4real(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
One of the most sensible posts here
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by professore(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is food for thought
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by CHIMEZIRIM5127: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
The Bible said in {Isaiah 4 vs 1} it shall come to pass that seven women shall lay hold on one man and they will say "let us eat our own bread and Wear our own apparel only let us be called by your name" SO THESE "MODERN CHURCHES" THEY ARE LIKE THESE SEVEN WOMEN THAT SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT EAT THE FOOD OF THEIR HUSBAND NOR HIS APPAREL BUT WOULD ONLY WANT TO BE CALLED BY HIS NAME. THESE "MODERN CHURCHES" THEY ONLY WANT TO CALL ON THE NAME OF THAT ONE MAN WHICH IS JESUS LIKE THE SEVEN WOMEN BUT THE DOCTRINE, TEACHING, LIFESTYLE OF JESUS THEY WOULD NOT FOLLOW AND PRACTICE WHAT HE DID AND TAUGHT. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THESE CHURCHES IN JESUS NAME
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by CHIMEZIRIM5127: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
WHAT ABOUT TOPICS THAT SAID THAT MASTURBATION IS NOT A SIN, LADIES PUTING ON MENS WEAR IS NOT A SIN, A PASTOR ONCE SAID THAT CHURCHES NOW ARE AMUSEMENT CENTRES NO SALVATION MESSAGE, SOME PASTORS WILL LIFT ONE PORTION OF SCRIPTURE TO SUPPORT THEIR DAMNABLE HERESIES THEY PREACH TODAY, IT TAKES THE WISDOM FROM GOD TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE IN THE LAST DAYS JESUS CHRIST AT EVERY END OF HIS PARABLE HE WILL CONCLUDE BY SAY "HE THAT HATH EAR LET HIM HEAR" IS IT NOT BETTER THAT SOMEONE LIVES A CHRIST-LIKE LIFE, THE WOMEN ARE THE WORST HIT, IS IT NOT BETTER THAT YOU REACHED HEAVEN AND YOU WILL BE TOLD THAT WEARING MENS CLOTHING IS NOT A SIN THAN YOU AFTER FULFILLING ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS THEN MENS CLOTHING WILL CONDEMN YOU AND ALSO LAND YOU IN HELL, {deuteronomy 22 vs 5}THE BIBLE SAYS WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING. WE THE CHRISTIANS OF THIS DISPENSATION SHOULD HAVE WISDOM.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by shagking: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
The modernmodern church is 100% better than the early church. The fact that christianity is a shadow of Christians in Nigeria does no mean is same everywhere. Don't just make unnecessary comparison, if the old church was perfect Apostle Paul wouldn't have written his spirit inspired letters to the various churches hammering onAdultry,lies,pride.....etc.
Imagine what would have happened if Ananias and Sapphira died today in your church during your pastor's ministrations despite being led by the holy spirit, what will you say? What will our friends and brothers on nairaland say?what will the media say? What will be the reaction of the government? Etc.
In short TIMES are are different and there should be no basis for comparison. If God deal with us the way he did in the past, do you think we will be alive to say we are Christians?
Thank God for Christ, enjoy the grace while it last but remember the probation time is almost exhausted, Accept Christ today don't delay your salvation. Peace
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
An2elect2:
There are only two groups in Christendom. They are:
1. The wheat
2. The tares

The wheat comprises of those who have been washed
by the blood of the lamb, who believe and stand for the
truth even if it cost them their lives. They are people
who have experienced the new birth in Christ and are
partakers of his death. They love and rejoice in the
truth. And hate the lie. They are so few but got a billion
trillion army right behind them. They are over comers.
Their gospel is offensive to men and for this reason
they are hated. Not deterred by this, they still love. Did
i say they are the most misunderstood?

The tares are similar in appearance but the exact
opposite of the wheat. They are denominated by their
private interpretation of the word and traditions. Even
though, they speak like they are for Christ, they are
simply after their selfish interest. To them, Christ is a
sure means not the end. They only have a profession
without life. They are blind but claim to have sight.
They hate the truth and hence the instruments of truth
They are fine with half truth and lies, just anything that
keeps them at ease IN ZION! They are compromisers
and always ready to spite the wheats for standing their
ground. The hate the wheats more than they hate the
devil, that is if they hate him at all. They are so large in
number. In short they are not scarce. You see them
everywhere you go. They love the world and seek love
and acceptance from the world. Their lives are
mirrored after the world but decorated with "feel good
Jesus messages" And the world love them cos they
are ONE! They can be found in any church out there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2446568/book-law-liber-al-puzzle
thread title: "Book Of The Law" / "Liber Al" Puzzle - A Solution With Arguments For Prophecy?
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by holyeye1989(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
NA SO SEE THE PROOF

Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by judeodion(m): 7:39am On Aug 03, 2015
victornwaru:
The early church stil remains better than the modern church. Too much offering ang sowing of seed is the order of the day in the modern church
too much offering and sowing of seed is not a problem for the early Church gave their all. It depends on what the offering and seeds are used for.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 03, 2015
The early church was just ONE church owned by no one but CHRIST JESUS but the modern church has thousands of denominations with owners who are regarded as superhumans by their followers. These people who are regarded as gods are never to be questioned even if caught red handed in the act of adultery.

In the early church, there were elders to check on the excesses of ministers but in the modern church, GO (a word strange to the Bible) is the CEO and can not be questioned by mortal men like himself.

In the early church, the identity of the church was CHRIST, in today's churches, the identity of each churches is their GO and Mama GO's pictures on billboards and handbills.
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 03, 2015
EyinadeAdemola:
We all know the end time is near
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by June24th: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
kossyablaze:
Well...lemme summarize it in just few words...The early church is basically Catholic,then later Anglican...If u don't go any of these churches,there's 89% chance you are attending the Modern church where the oga general cruises on ova 4 privates jets and feeds on the gullible followers.
KARL MARX was right afterall...Religion is the opium of the masses!

The early church (I believe as the op mentioned)is the one seen/mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles and in some other Books of the Scripture..
I don't know why you are saying it's Catholic church
Re: The Early Church Vs The Modern Church by bash4us(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
I have a friend that once told me he can never attend a church that he his older than. Opinion pls!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / Restoration Of Manhood By Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin - Pictures / Apostle Suleman Arrives Enugu In A Convoy, Man & Woman Kneel Down To Welcome Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.