Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20615 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by lekjons(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
hm.. i belived that's why most prayers were'nt answered..

if such prayers're answered nobody will be alive today!

imagine Nokia praying that anyone/thing obstructing their path to greater success to perish.. where will iphone, samsung be today.. or samsung saying the same prayer where will mediatek chipset phones(tecno, infinix, itel...)

don't curse your enemy just pray for your own success.. and besides, you're someone's enemy too..

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nairaman66(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks @OP..

This shows how Christianity has evolved to a money making scheme all in the name of the bible. Its sad how some pastors fine tune the brains of their brethren to create the impressions that there is someone troubling you from the village just to milk them dry. When Jesus Christ came into the world more than 2,000 years ago- He never asked anyone to sell his/her land or car nor any personal belongings in other to be saved!

Pastors these days are heartless, insensitive, myopic and dysfunctional to the truth about what the bible says about how to attain Christendom and righteousness! We can only watch and pray and hopefully the evil ones would be exposed in due time!!

I am sorry for diverging.., just sad about what the Church have become in recent times!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Pennyways: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
one of the reasons I respected and love the orthodox churches so much, there they preaches love, services to humanity and forgiveness, not vengance.

19 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by gasgenius(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Na people when their enemy get power pass they pray fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by kingsley5884: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Adewummy007: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
God is not an assassin. Such prayers will never be answer

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by jbbaba(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
GOD IS MERCIFUL.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
go and ask Dr. D. K. Olukoya , He is the only one that can answer your question

11 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Shuen: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
WORD!!!

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Sunofgod(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lai Lai - u don come again!

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Sunnycliff(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Don't mind all these prayers borne out of unsanctified hearts. The Truth is that even the answers don't come. The so called enemies may not have given a thought about your existence, just a mere figment of ones imaginations.

Such prayers are carnal and often a product of wickedness of the heart. If one can see hell by revelation you dare not wish death for Ur so called enemy but a divine touch of God.

Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Flexherbal(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
That is why God is not a man.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
You all have misunderstood the whole thing,there are different kind of enemies,there are those that just envy you,I can't tell that type of enemy to die.But should in any case an enemy swear I'll never make it while he or she is still alive,then what is he or she still waiting for on earth,because I'm already making it.

6 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Holysnow(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] HE WAS GIVEN A NEW NAME PAUL....
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by martyns303(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.
God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.
Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!

Guy I understand your point but it doesn't hold. Early Christians made far worst, but let me start from the old testament.

1. A prophet prayed that wild animal should devour children and it happened.

4 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by papae1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Awesome
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by dafil22(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
I think d enemies being prayed against by most churches is d force or power of evil not a particular human,cos d common enemy of man is the devil. Dts my tot anyway

9 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by searay(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
I command all my enemies to die by fire in Jesus name. Amen! Amen! Amen! fire!

Shout fire seven times...
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
Fire!
FaiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by birmingham04: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
That is why my father in the Lord is different Prophet TB Joshua he will never pray holy ghost fire my enemies rather he will pray for his enemies and that is why he is most kindhearted, generous and most powerful man of God living whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
undecided
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by ojoyentalk: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is a serious question.
Christianity wouldn't have spread fast and wide then.
The gospel will be limited to the early church
Possibly no Christianity but Judaism.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by fippycbk(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
I just wonder...
"Suffer not the witch to live" some will quote (Exodus 22:17)

But they will skip this part "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as inequity and idolatry." (1 Samuel 15:23a)

This is just an example... majority of us have been rebellious at some point (even some preachers have become rebellious towards some government policies)...

4 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by lightdotcom: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority

Great Talk!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by buoye1(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Paul,formerly Saul has been predestined to be a preacher and to spread the Gospel..God allowed all his deeds to the glory of his name..isn't it going to be amazing "SHAEKAU "preaching about Jesus? I'm sure the early church prayed but God spared him because he's going to use him mightly...if God knows he won't be useful,it won't take him second to take him away..

My opinion

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
religion
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by hakeem02: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
God keep my enemy so that they can witness my success in the future

2 Likes

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by KDK(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
go and ask Dr. D. K. Olukoya , He is the only one that can answer your question
OP, for your information and that of all, please note that the MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES does not pray for people to die. The "die" prayers are for the powers backing such people. However, ministers from other ministries trying to emulate such prayers erroneously pray for people to die.
I hope this clarifies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by tuzle(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
i dont pray evil for my enemy. I pray for dem to suceed so dey wont have the time to disturb me. But if all those enemy die prayer work then my mom (them cac, mfm and most naija churches) prayer would have caused an earth quake in naija

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.