Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,379 members, 7,864,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1237775 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gbodimowo(m): 12:32am On Feb 14, 2016
doyinisaac:
access bank and the receiver told me he collected his 1000$ and since I sent 216000 naira from here including western union charges then that means they charged me at the rate of 199 or less...

u were charged 194.40 as western union usually takes 10% of total money sent
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 2:17am On Feb 14, 2016
pretts:
Yes it is possible...however, you need to get the funds transfer instruction (intermediary bank details, swift code, IBAN etc) from your bank here in Nigeria. In my case, the money was sent on a Friday night from Paris and I received it in my domiciliary account on a Tuesday afternoon late Jan, so that's about 2 working days in total. The bank did not dispense the exact amount of dollars so you may want to ask the sender to add some extras to cover deductions.

Wow thanks for the info. I can get the bank's swift code and I know they charge a small fee, plus the 2 business days wait isn't a problem. I would to know if the bank gave you the exact amount of dollars (after the deduction) sent.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 2:32am On Feb 14, 2016
bizgenius1:

Depends on the availability of dollars at the time u wanna withdraw it,if they do they will give u the exact dollar u wanna gt,if they dont u might have to come back in a week or more

I don't understand that, this is money sent to them in dollars so how can they not have it available?? It's not like someone is buying dollar from them, this is money that was sent and in their account.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 3:49am On Feb 14, 2016
Clone2020:

I don't understand that, this is money sent to them in dollars so how can they not have it available?? It's not like someone is buying dollar from them, this is money that was sent and in their account.

what was sent is virtual cash not physical cash,

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 6:26am On Feb 14, 2016
dragnet:

what was sent is virtual cash not physical cash,

Wow then it's pointless. If they will tell you they don't have the cash equivalent then what's the point? Also do you know if there will be limits to how much one can withdraw from their domiciliary account daily?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Chartey(m): 6:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Clone2020:

Wow then it's pointless. If they will tell you they don't have the cash equivalent then what's the point? Also do you know if there will be limits to how much one can withdraw from their domiciliary account daily?

WhatsApp me. Phone number in my signature.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 6:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Clone2020:

Why don't you just contact your bank? The person you are asking too got the information by asking his or her own bank. You don't even know if his bank regulations and policies are the same with ur bank. Na WA o

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by guardian09(m): 7:28am On Feb 14, 2016
After all there are websites that offer money transfer services and can transfer the naira equivalent to any beneficiary of choice at a good rate too, so why should a beneficiary stress with getting hard currency from the bank if it is transferred in a different currency from the naira when it could be converted and sent to the person receiving it?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2016
They didn't give me the exact money sent...my calculation is the deducted $25 for every $400 or thereabout...besides, I was told by my bank that I could withdraw up to a maximum of $10000, not sure how true that is, but they never told me that they didn't have usd when I wanted to withdraw from my domiciliary account so I don't think that is an issue.
Clone2020:

Wow thanks for the info. I can get the bank's swift code and I know they charge a small fee, plus the 2 business days wait isn't a problem. I would to know if the bank gave you the exact amount of dollars (after the deduction) sent.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2016
onatisi:

Why don't you just contact your bank? The person you are asking too got the information by asking his or her own bank. You don't even know if his bank regulations and policies are the same with ur bank. Na WA o

Bros I wouldn't be here asking if my bank's customer care had picked up my call. I called Stanbic several times yesterday, the phone just rings and rings then hangs up. I'm not in naija and I can only rely on what they say over the phone or what I read here on NL. Besides, someone else might have the same question if not now maybe later. What's the purpose of this thread when everyone can as well contact their banks for current Exchange rate?? If you don't have answers to the question, allow others with knowledge provide the answers.

5 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Clone2020:

Bros I wouldn't be here asking if my bank's customer care had picked up my call. I called Stanbic several times yesterday, the phone just rings and rings then hangs up. [b]I'm not in naija [/b]and I can only rely on what they say over the phone or what I read here on NL. Besides, someone else might have the same question if not now maybe later. What's the purpose of this thread when everyone can as well contact their banks for current Exchange rate?? If you don't have answers to the question, allow others with knowledge provide the answers.
this explains it all,you should have stated this earlier and many more people would have volunteered with more information. So what is the real issue ,problem that u need answers for ?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2016
pretts:
They didn't give me the exact money sent...my calculation is the deducted $25 for every $400 or thereabout...besides, I was told by my bank that I could withdraw up to a maximum of $10000, not sure how true that is, but they never told me that they didn't have usd when I wanted to withdraw from my domiciliary account so I don't think that is an issue.

Wow, thanks Pretts, if they are deducting $25 for every $400 as in your case then it's almost like selling dollars to the bank at N197. I did an international bank transfer into someone's naira account when the official rate was like N150/$ so every dollar was exchanged for like 145 or so. This time I wanted to see if I can do the same thing but instead of sending into a naira account, it will be sent to a domiciliary account then the the recipient can withdraw cash and exchange in black market. I will try calling Stanbic again to get specific details. TY
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by coretechng1(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
doyinisaac:
sent through first bank....the person received it in ghana and told me he collected it at access bank....
He received USD or Ghana Cedi because someone told me you cannot collect USD in ghana.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by coretechng1(m): 2:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Give me your fiverr,elance fund into my paypal at 245.Contact me via my signature.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
coretechng1:
He received USD or Ghana Cedi because someone told me you cannot collect USD in ghana.

Are you serious? Abi Nigerians don go finish their USD cheesy
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Solitin40: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please where caN i exchange naira to cedi in Nigeria
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
coretechng1:
Very very correct. Most especially money gram and western union but I don't know about Ghana dom account
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Kufie(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hi guys, please what's GTB's $ - ₦ rate right now?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kufie:
Hi guys, please what's GTB's $ - ₦ rate right now?

They Charged me #285/$ as at today .
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
coretechng1:
The someone is your enemy....grin if you think deeply you will understand my point...

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Solitin40:
Please where caN i exchange naira to cedi in Nigeria
Why can't you just simply take your ATM card to withdraw in Ghana...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Kufie(m): 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
abbeyforex:

They Charged me #285/$ as at today .

Thank you. Good to know it hasn't gone higher yet
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gbodimowo(m): 4:10am On Feb 15, 2016
doyinisaac:
Why can't you just simply take your ATM card to withdraw in Ghana...

the rate at which you il be r a p ed in Ghana via deductions hmm no be here o

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ebsuguy(m): 11:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Please nairalanders,i need your input on something.i have an exam to take and payment is in dollars,1103 to be precise.the payment options are mastercard and visa.with the current dollar rate,it is almost impossible for me to make payments.what do you suggest on the mode of payment?which bank is cheaper and anything you think i need to know about this exchange stuff because i am a newbie in this stuff.

Only knowledgeable response please.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2016
coretechng1:
Give me your fiverr,elance fund into my paypal at 245.Contact me via my signature.
Do u want to buy paypal fund ni
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by felixboye1(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2016
I just made payment at $1=N350 with First bank Visa Prepaid Card. This is turning to something else. I still need to make further payment. Any idea how to get it done at a cheaper rate pls?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nsonaso(m): 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
felixboye1:
I just made payment at $1=N350 with First bank Visa Prepaid Card. This is turning to something else. I still need to make further payment. Any idea how to get it done at a cheaper rate pls?
Whatsapp my signature
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tosinjay(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
felixboye1:

Simple, kindly check my thread on this. And contact me on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.