Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1224075 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 9free(m): 9:14am On Dec 11, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Bros all dox points are prediction. Tell me did you predict USD will grow wings to this price when you were chanting change or PMS would grow scarce like gold or PMB will be a junketeer in chief collecting the same scarce USD as estacodes. Tell me the price range of devaluation from 2010-2015 and compare to the last seven months range of unannounced devaluation. If GEJ and NOI actually agreed to the reality on ground the last devaluation should have made the naira trade at #260 normally on the parallel market but they just can't allow Nigerians face the bitter truth so the foreign reserve was used to augment the weakness. Since all Dix CBN boycott started has our foreign reserves increased in the last seven months? Have they caught one high profile politician laundering money since then because that was their claim for reduction in daily withdrawal,spending, BTA and PTA. I'm sure a man was honourable enough to say the truth while another promised #1=1$ just to deceive gullible Nigerians. We are here today and banks rate are worse than GEJ black market rate. So keep those predictions as if they are correct cox u just can't predict the future boss

It is not my fault that you have limited knowledge of History and International Finance. So, obliging you a response to the above gibberish will be a waste of time.
Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by flyuche(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2015
GTB
$1 = ₦239.998. Today. Paypal transaction.
Crazy!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by biggboy(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2015
The worst part is that an average Nigerian believes the rubbish they usually put on the board as the current exchange rate which is 199/200 for $1
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2015
blym4real:

Am disappointed in this comment.
Nigerians don't wanna see the truth from day one. We have voted out cluelessness yet we are worse than cluelessness regime. Somebody is now quoting if it was GEJ that was there it would have been worse yet the guy spent five years exchange rate wasn't this bad from banks. Leave GEJ in the past where he rightly belongs and face the man in the present. Or is 7 months a waste? Still waiting to see the body language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2015
damola1:

You sound so knowledgeable here. But you went ballistic when you were supposed to state service delivered even though I never questioned your integrity to avoid future chargebacks.

I have been using pp for over 10years, and it's a sensitive currency to trade in. At this time, there will be loads of Ebola pp.

how long you have been on paypal does not matter. what she said is the honest truth
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by damola1: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2015
mavinc4u:

how long you have been on paypal does not matter. what she said is the honest truth

I agree with what she said. 101%.

But unfortunately, she doesn't agree with it herself. There are 2 things involved.

1. Source
2. Chargebacks.

SHe only spoke about source, not chargebacks.

Paypal has up to: 60 days or even longer sef for charge backs, which can be a problem for the recipient. I asked her to make certain she sends an email to the recipient to cover for chargeback, she went ballistic
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Nigerians don't wanna see the truth from day one. We have voted out cluelessness yet we are worse than cluelessness regime. Somebody is now quoting if it was GEJ that was there it would have been worse yet the guy spent five years exchange rate wasn't this bad from banks. Leave GEJ in the past where he rightly belongs and face the man in the present. Or is 7 months a waste? Still waiting to see the body language
As much as I will like to respond to this I don't want to derail this thread.

how many years was clulessness regime? I Will like us to base our judgement of this administration on the entirety of his 4 years tenure. Jonathan was judged base on five years in power not just seven months.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Zface(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2015
Excuse me! Are we debating on how SMEs businesses will survive this mess or we are just arguing to defeat?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by BreezyRita(f): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2015
Ymodulus: My brother, I am a stunt supporter of Buhari but I have to say if these is how we will go on during these era of so called corruption fight. Then please I want to go back to the Corruption era of Jonathan

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 11:00am On Dec 11, 2015
Yes I agree with those who say it would have been worse if GEJ had been elected for another 4 years. The only reason exchange rate was stable for a long time during the "cluelessness regime " like you called it was because the price of Brent crude was at its peak, the highest it ever was in history. As a result, the inflow of forex into the country was unprecedented, and because we all forgot that all good things must come to an end, the looting spree continued unabated. All we are facing right now is because Brent crude is below the $40/barrel mark and we have no savings from all the years of the huge windfall, unfortunately when Iraq & Iran increases production next year, I'm not sure how economies like ours will cope with our absolute dependence on crude exports. Regardless of what's currently going on, I'm not sure if it's right for anyone to be openly supporting going back to the era of so much corruption and waste of resources that we have just come out of...but what do I know, this is Nigeria where we like to take a step forward and 10 steps backward.
Infinitikoncept:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2015
get a visa prepaid card denominated in dollar,euro or pound and find a way to fund it electronically and not in the bank if you know how it done.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2015
pretts:
Yes I agree with those who say it would have been worse if GEJ had been elected for another 4 years. The only reason exchange rate was stable for a long time during the "cluelessness regime " like you called it was because the price of Brent crude was at its peak, the highest it ever was in history. As a result, the inflow of forex into the country was unprecedented, and because we all forgot that all good things must come to an end, the looting spree continued unabated. All we are facing right now is because Brent crude is below the $40/barrel mark and we have no savings from all the years of the huge windfall, unfortunately when Iraq & Iran increases production next year, I'm not sure how economies like ours will cope with our absolute dependence on crude exports. Regardless of what's currently going on, I'm not sure if it's right for anyone to be openly supporting going back to the era of so much corruption and waste of resources that we have just come out of...but what do I know, this is Nigeria where we like to take a step forward and 10 steps backward.
God bless you for this post, I dunno why people will see the truth but will still argue blindly, the main index to use in comparing both administrations should be based on the prevailing price of crude which to a large extent determines what is our foreign reserves and by extension, the exchange rate, QED!

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2015
Ymodulus:

The problem is that why we are forced to use made in Nigeria goods.
.the government and rich elites won't follow that line.
brother I appreciated your good works here on nairaland.I must commend that you re a genius.i saw your post here on nairaland about A4 paper importation and it's seems that you re into the business.i based in port-harcourt and am interested in buying A4 papers.please I want to know the details about A4 papers importation both the cost of buying and importations.please Am currently running my Msc programme here in port-harcourt.and I want to do this as a part-time job.I will appreciate more if we can exchange contacts.here is my Email: dbucas2@gmail.com or booket4rill@gmail.com thanks and hoping to hear from you.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2015
BreezyRita:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin ;DD

Breezy Rity

How you dei? My statement is a figure of speech ;DD.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2015
blym4real:
get a visa prepaid card denominated in dollar,euro or pound and find a way to fund it electronically and not in the bank if you know how it done.

I understand you. However, getting to open one is the problem.

Some Russian merchants offer such service but , the verification for Nigeria is just much. Do you mind sharing some names?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by honourableseyi: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
mavinc4u:

I sent a pm to you mam. Kindly reply it.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ymodulus:

Some Russian merchants offer such service but , the verification for Nigeria is just much. Do you mind sharing some names?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
9free:

My happiness is that Buhari/Nigeria will shame all you voodoo economists in the fullness of time.

Lol, it pained him grin. At least you have felt our pains regarding the exchange rates; equation balanced.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ymodulus:

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
honourableseyi:

I sent a pm to you mam. Kindly reply it.

My internet is fluctuating with the exchange rate so the pm has not dropped. What is the nature of the business?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by sluvy4tune(m): 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
GTB

yesterday 10/12/2015
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kaboninc(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
pretts:

Indeed!

We never had savings but rather "the looting spree continued unabated".

We had no savings but inflation did not spiral like in Russia and Venezuela. We had no savings because the saints you "revere" today were the ones who insisted that the savings be shared all the time and yet they accumulated outrageous debts.

Now the "clueless" one is out, what has the "clueful" one done about the volatile situation today?

All these handout analyst!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kaboninc(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
lordkay10:

God bless you for this post, I dunno why people will see the truth but will still argue blindly, the main index to use in comparing both administrations should be based on the prevailing price of crude which to a large extent determines what is our foreign reserves and by extension, the exchange rate, QED!

No brother.....

You should not that these so called indexes are volatile - they respond to variables. Its so possible that all through the tenure of President Buhari, the price of crude oil might never go above the $100 benchmark. But the reserves could also expand beyond our record value and also strengthen the naira improving our exchange rate.

What you should consider rather should be GDP growth rate, development index, inflation rate, interest rates, access to finance, standard of living, unemployment rate, etc.

All these hand out analyst.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by honourableseyi: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
mavinc4u:

My internet is fluctuating with the exchange rate so the pm has not dropped. What is the nature of the business?

grin grin chaiiii, Daris god ooooi. I have one or two questions to ask ni about something
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
kaboninc:

No brother.....

You should not that these so called indexes are volatile - they respond to variables. Its so possible that all through the tenure of President Buhari, the price of crude oil might never go above the $100 benchmark. But the reserves could also expand beyond our record value and also strengthen the naira improving our exchange rate.

What you should consider rather should be GDP growth rate, development index, inflation rate, interest rates, access to finance, standard of living, unemployment rate, etc.

All these hand out analyst.
I get your point but I'm not talking about a broad perspective, I'm only talking about the main index that influences the exchange rate, those other indices you rightly mentioned comes to fore when you are doing comparison on a broader perspective
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Konnektions146(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
pretts:

Oh !,
Just wish you are close to me and take a good hug.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by winetapper: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
Konnektions146:

Oh !,
Just wish you are close to me and take a good hug.
You wiii jus come awt from nowhere and want to give someborry hug is DA how you do?? undecided

tongue
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ymodulus:

pm you.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Me I'm not arguing on GEJ and PMB matter anymore since both of them can't solve my problem. For Chinese importers RMB will be available for sale at #40/¥ from next week Tuesday. Contact me on my signature if you need.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by kaboninc(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
lordkay10:

I get your point but I'm not talking about a broad perspective, I'm only talking about the main index that influences the exchange rate, those other indices you rightly mentioned comes to fore when you are doing comparison on a broader perspective

That's a problem I usually have with most folks.

Why not consider a "broad perspective"? You would still scream "kill him", "crucify him" if you read in a newspaper that $1 billion has been borrowed or our current debt status is $63 billion but you'd forget to note that the nylon tarred roads you ply on were constructed with the funds, the rail tracks is you see, the health facilities you see, the security upgrades, all borrowed funds. The right questions, we just don't ask and the wrong judgments, we always give.

So when analyzing, don't you think it is logical to be holistic and broad than to be shallow?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
blym4real:

pm you.
that mail is inactive.

How do i call you?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mayorall(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
All this argument no do anything . All I know is that Nigeria is getting better soon. There will be risen of giant from various endeavours of life. Nigeria will become world top 10 economic giant soon. Many predicted reduction in oil price next year , that is truly glaring to the eye but the truth is that it shall rise instead. Watch a greater Nigeria in 2016. Congratulations in advance.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.