Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

What A Banker Did To Me Recently - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What A Banker Did To Me Recently (37797 Views)

Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 / My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
undecided
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ksbusari(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
God rewards good deeds.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by livebullet(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maxxxcarter:
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time.
So I approached this cashier and she asked
"sir withdrawal or payment? "
WITHDRAWAL PLEASE I replied quietly cause it has been raining all day.
So she instructed to make use of the POS.
So I did and she pressed some buttons on her computer
Without even saying a word to me
Dropped the money on the counter.
I felt a bit slighted but non the less I didn't really mind.
Then the miracle-i counted my money and low and behold she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account.
I counted again then I looked at her
She didn't even bat an eye.
From her demeanor you could tell she's had a work load filled day.

Then I said HELLO MADAME
she looked at me with those tired eyes
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
where the next words out of my mouth .
By now she adjusted a little and her countenance changed.
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it off to her.
Then I walked out of the bank feeling better.
I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way.
What point am I trying to make?
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
If I had decided to take the money two things
1- she will be quarried which of course will appear in her report. Or
2- worse case scenario she would be sacked.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE .
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Love is an attribute of the heart
True love isn't just showing love to those who show you love
Rather its showing it to those who don't "deserve it".
Be nice to someone today
May God reward u abundantly for being so gud!....dis gesture is rare in Nigeria I swear!

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by chigoizie7(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Have u even bothered if u said, "HELLO MADAM" u didn't pay me completely, do u know what her reactions would ve been?

U did good though, but these tellers don't need no mercy, especially the female folks,

I can never ever tip a female teller, even my own cousin.

The guys are always cool.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by avast007: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
welll....
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ready2learn: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good call. We need more of you in our country.

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by PStacks(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
OP, thanks for doing your bit in helping Buhari reform this country.
That was a lot. If na me I go dey tempted to walk with the money sha!

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maxxxcarter:
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time.
So I approached this cashier and she asked
"sir withdrawal or payment? "
WITHDRAWAL PLEASE I replied quietly cause it has been raining all day.
So she instructed to make use of the POS.
So I did and she pressed some buttons on her computer
Without even saying a word to me
Dropped the money on the counter.
I felt a bit slighted but non the less I didn't really mind.
Then the miracle-i counted my money and low and behold she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account.
I counted again then I looked at her
She didn't even bat an eye.
From her demeanor you could tell she's had a work load filled day.

Then I said HELLO MADAME
she looked at me with those tired eyes
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
where the next words out of my mouth .
By now she adjusted a little and her countenance changed.
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it off to her.
Then I walked out of the bank feeling better.
I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way.
What point am I trying to make?
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
If I had decided to take the money two things
1- she will be quarried which of course will appear in her report. Or
2- worse case scenario she would be sacked.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE .
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Love is an attribute of the heart
True love isn't just showing love to those who show you love
Rather its showing it to those who don't "deserve it".
Be nice to someone today

Something tells me if it was a man you wouldn't have been so accommodating
Lemme guess she was pretty too.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by SkinnyDude(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ruq:
R.I.P the nice guy in me.
the nice guy in me died october, 2013....

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by missKiffy(f): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice one, you did good
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
A waste of my concentration and a minute of my life I want back cry.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by kingspam75: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
Blazing Hot! Unlimited Free Airtel 4Gb Tweak Is Here For The Month Of August (Happy New Month)Now Drop@ http://w w w. n a i j a p l a y.n e t

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
ednut1:
a teller not a banker angry, she has no right to be rude to u even if she is tired cos d customer is king. ask your self. if a celeb came into d bank instead of u wud she treat him same way cos of wat u did she suddenly bcame nice. wat nonsense she must be ......

You might wanna read through again,to enable you understand what the op meant

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Mznaett: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
You're indeed a good fellow
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by eherbal(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
I went to buy some spares for my bike some Years back. met this rather saucy teller that was full of herself. it got so bad we exchanged words. after handing me The requested parts, she forgot to ask for payment. I was about leaving the premises, when I realised the mistake. I went back to her and told her. her countenance changed as if I was her Long lost relation. her smile reached Her ears, and she was asking if I hadn't told the Pakistani supervisor. I looked at Her, shook my head and paid Her.
She could've lost Her job that day if I wasn't honest despite Her bitchy attitude

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

Making it up with her own money. End result is same as if she was robbed by the customer. OP did the reasonableand moral thing.

Maxxxcarter's forgiveness and later action puts paid to the words "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". It really is not hard to do.

You do not just comment for the sake of it. I had tried to make 2 points in that comment

1. The position that she may sacked did not and still does not appear tenable, what i tried to explain is what will happen if at close of accounting day it is found out her account is not balanced... (That point was not intended to justify the action or inaction of the OP)

2. My second point was to indicate that the teller needed to be taught a lesson. If you decide to treat people like scum, be ready to take what comes out of it.

I will give you an example.

At check in point at the Enugu airport last week enroute Lagos, one lady forgot to pick her phones after crossing them through the machine checks. i was behind her and her supposed male friend. i called her attention severally and she kept behaving like, guy what is your problem, cant you see i am with a guy? fortunately for me and unfortunately for her, we sat next to each other in the flight and when she lamented that she wasnt sure where she forgot her phone, i reminded her that i was drawing her attention to that fact. by this time, we were already taxing. The point is, no matter how tired you may be, treat the next man with respect and decorum, you never know what use he might be to you.

i maintain, if a cashier acts funny to me and over pays me, i will rather give the over payment to charity than return it her/him.

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ceejay80s(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nature129:

If you didn't return the money she would look for a way to get and balance her account - that's all. It wouldn't be a big deal to her if it didn't run into hundreds of thousand.

But what you did was commendable though.

Keep it up!!!
She would have looked for a way to deduct 1 kobo from all their customers until the money is complete abi, now I know how my account dey reduce

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
eherbal:
I went to buy some spares for my bike some Years back. met this rather saucy teller that was full of herself. it got so bad we exchanged words. after handing me The requested parts, she forgot to ask for payment. I was about leaving the premises, when I realised the mistake. I went back to her and told her. her countenance changed as if I was her Long lost relation. her smile reached Her ears, and she was asking if I hadn't told the Pakistani supervisor. I looked at Her, shook my head and paid Her.
She could've lost Her job that day if I wasn't honest despite Her bitchy attitude

I would rather she lost that job so that when she gets another, she will remember never to be hostile to third parties. We are the reason service providers do not learn how to be courteous.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by eherbal(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

You do not just comment for the sake of it. I had tried to make 2 points in that comment

1. The position that she may sacked did not and still does not appear tenable, what i tried to explain is what will happen if at close of accounting day it is found out her account is not balanced... (That point was not intended to justify the action or inaction of the OP)

2. My second point was to indicate that the teller needed to be taught a lesson. If you decide to treat people like scum, be ready to take what comes out of it.

At check in point at the Enugu airport last week enroute Lagos, one lady forgot to pick her phones after crossing them through the machine checks. i was behind her and her supposed male friend. i called her attention severally and she kept behaving like, guy what is your problem, cant you see i am with a guy? fortunately for me and unfortunately for her, we sat next to each other in the flight and when she lamented that she wasnt sure where she forgot her phone, i reminded her that i was drawing her attention to that fact. by this time, we were already taxing. The point is, no matter how tired you may be, treat the next man with respect and decorum, you never know what use he might be to you.

i maintain, if a cashier acts funny to me and over pays me, i will rather give the over payment to charity than return it her/him.
thats dishonesty. whether you give it to charity is immaterial as Long as what you're giving is not yours. you stole. you're a thief. so dear, whenever the situation arises. return the excess back to the cashier. she May Just be a sweet person having a bitter day

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by professore(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is good
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

The stance is as we are all human and thus prone to errors. For me irrespective of how well or badly I had behaved I would much appreciate and apologise if I was shown a better way of acting after all James 5:20 let him know, that he who converteth a sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of sins.

It is always good to act out in a way that one's good would not be evil spoken of. Try walking out of the banking premises with that amount and the cashier catching the flaw in time. You definately would not be making that last statement by then. wink*

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
eherbal:
thats dishonesty. whether you give it to charity is immaterial as Long as what you're giving is not yours. you stole. you're a thief. so dear, whenever the situation arises. return the excess back to the cashier. she May Just be a sweet person having a bitter day

My point is obviously lost on you. I never said it is honesty and moral. I am only saying what is personal to me namely, if you are a service provider and you are rude to me, be sure never to make a mistake because i will throw morality and honesty to the wind at the alter of your rudeness.

No matter how sweet she may be and how bad her day may be, she is employed to manage herself and manage me, the customer.

What i have said is what i will do and i have not claimed that it is morally right. It is a penalty for being rude to the person who is paying your salary. I attend to people even if it is at a high level, i manage my emotions. they are the reason i have a job in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by IykeWest: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
ednut1:
a teller not a banker angry, she has no right to be rude to u even if she is tired cos d customer is king. ask your self. if a celeb came into d bank instead of u wud she treat him same way cos of wat u did she suddenly bcame nice. wat nonsense she must be ......
u dey work for bank?
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

The stance is as we are all human and thus prone to errors. For me irrespective of how well or badly I had behaved I would much appreciate and apologise if I was shown a better way of acting after all James 5:20 let him know, that he who converteth a sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of sins.

It is always good to act out in a way that one's good would not be evil spoken of. Try walking out of the banking premises with that amount and the cashier catching the flaw in time. You definately would not be making that last statement by then. wink*

Guess what bro....

The counting machine is there for both parties to have the money counted and agree on the figures. You throw the money at me and i count it and walk away, believe the same rules will apply which says, money once removed from the counter will not be admissible as having been given in short supply.

THese things happen daily.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

Making it up with her own money. End result is same as if she was robbed by the customer. OP did the reasonableand moral thing.

Maxxxcarter's forgiveness and later action puts paid to the words "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". It really is not hard to do.

Amazing how nobody remembers that she had no business being unruly to a customer who is the reason she even has a job in the first place.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

My point is obviously lost on you. I never said it is honesty and moral. I am only saying what is personal to me namely, if you are a service provider and you are rude to me, be sure never to make a mistake because i will throw morality and honesty to the wind at the alter of your rudeness.

No matter how sweet she may be and how bad her day may be, she is employed to manage herself and manage me, the customer.

What i have said is what i will do and i have not claimed that it is morally right. It is a penalty for being rude to the person who is paying your salary. I attend to people even if it is at a high level, i manage my emotions. they are the reason i have a job in the first place.

True but two wrongs do not equate to a right. If someone is rude to me i just have no right whatsoever in stealing their money.
Jam 4:17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. I don't need someone to be nice to me before i do what to me is inane. If my money is X and I am given X+Y I know I have to return the Y. My inner mind does not even give me any other alternative. That is how I am built.

We are being told to love others and it is not always because they deserve it.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

Guess what bro....

The counting machine is there for both parties to have the money counted and agree on the figures. You throw the money at me and i count it and walk away, believe the same rules will apply which says, money once removed from the counter will not be admissible as having been given in short supply.

and we would be remembered for our very actions when they do happen. grin
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

and we would be remembered for our very actions when they do happen.

You think i care. I will forever feel justified. Action and reaction will always remain equal and opposite.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Sanchez01: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Some people within the business sphere though. Ojnnaco, some people can be thorns on your behind but that is not to say we should pay them in their own coin. It's never really about what the lady did for her in return. It's about you doing what is right, morally right.

I forgive everyone who has offended me one way or anothergrin
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

True but two wrongs do not equate to a right. If someone is rude to me i just have no right whatsoever in stealing their money.
Jam 4:17 To him therefore that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. I don't need someone to be nice to me before i do what to me is inane. If my money is X and I am given X+Y I know I have to return the Y. My inner mind does not even give me any other alternative. That is how I am built.

We are being told to love others and it is not always because they deserve it.

You are You and I am ME. I know how my parents trained me, but they never factored in when a cashier becomes rude to me. This aspect is what i have learnt overtime and i will treat the cashier as i think best with a logical reason and justification, even if the whole world thinks differently, including you Sir.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

Guess what bro....

Security camera showing you confirming the excess amount would label you badly in such a case. Though a criminal proceeding might not be carried out since the bank had its own fault in the matter, it would give remembrance that a good name is better in all matters as all cashiers in that bank henceforth would give you stares. Irrespective of man's actions/inactions always play the bigger man. Peace and Love bro.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sanchez01:
Some people within the business sphere though. Ojnnaco, some people can be thorns on your behind but that is not to say we should pay them in their own coin. It's never really about what the lady did for her in return. It's about you doing what is right, morally right.

I forgive everyone who has offended me one way or anothergrin

For me, forgiveness is a SIN. Which is why i bend over backwards to ensure that I DO NOT offend anyone. I try not to. Not when i talk, not when i walk or work, not while i am driving, NO. I try to accommodate. But if you hurt me, I DO NOT FORGIVE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market / Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.