Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Beware Of Hypocrisy In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Hypocrisy In The Church (651 Views)

The Shameful Display Of Hypocrisy By NL Theists / hypocrisy in Africans atheism... / Christian Terrorism [the Peak Of Hypocrisy] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Hypocrisy In The Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
"Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy". These are the words of Christ as He faced the religious system of his time, the Pharisees. Close examination and insight to the quoted words above reveal that,these, are not just words but a warning to you, a warning to me, and a warning to the Church in general.

Before I proceed to write I will like to clarify two important things.Firstly, I will have you known that, this, is not teaching you what you don't know but building on what you already know; broadening your knowledge on things in a useful practical way.And secondly, this is not criticizing the Church( As some has tagged me here as an enemy of the Chuch) but reiterating the warning Christ gave to the church when He said, "Beware".

Understanding the concept and context of Christ words on the warning we see without any further explanation what Christ is telling the Church to watch out for, not only watch out for but have nothing to do with and at the same time expose it.And that, is "Hypocrisy".Little wonder the Church has in many ways (which I will endure to mention a few) allowed this dangerous seed in her midst, the same way the Church in Thyatira tolerates the woman Jezebel.

Being then my brothers keeper and a light to the world,a member of the body of Christ redeemed at the expense of the Only Son Of God and ordained by the Father of light and the King of kings to help in the upbuilding of the Church I find it good to sound the warning trumpet against hypocrisy like a watchman do against danger. Below are ways and aspect the Church has tolerated hypocrisy.

1 PRAYER: In your fellowship it happens and it's encouraged by shepherds that brethens should cry aloud in Jesus name in many words. Of the hypocrisy Christ noted in the Pharisees one happened to be what the Scripture calls, "Empty prayer". Empty prayer as explained by Christ is praying to be seen by men (Matthew 6:5). Relating this to our generation we might as well say this means all things that can make people know you are praying to God. For example, the use of loudspeakers when praying,shouting while praying,repetition and jumping up while praying.All these as stated by Christ are hypocrisy and the ways of the gentiles (Vs 7). But when you pray do so without making people aware you are praying and when you come to the gathering of the Saints follow what is written in Eccl 5:2.

2. GIVING: Pitiful is it today that many have received the reward of their charitable acts because they sound a trumpet before them to receive praises from men for their good work of charity.Christ said of these people, "They have received their reward".And this, is exactly what is happening in the Church. The Pharisees make show of their charitable acts to receive praise from men and this Christ warn against as he said, "They will receive the greater condemnation". Judge for yourself if it's right for Christains to make known their charitable acts even writing them in newspaper! We must not be like Gentiles.

3. SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS: Perhaps you have not maybe you have at anytime come across Christains who tells you only their fellowship will go to heaven because of some dogmas they keep.People who despise others based on their Spiritual level.Well have come across them and if you belong to such group I had advice you to repent and be the light you are for greater condemnation rest upon all who do that.

4. SCRIPTURE SELECTION: A Pharisee asked Jesus to dine with him and he went.And there he exposed another form of hypocrisy in the Pharisees which today, is widespread in the Church , Selection of Scripture. The Pharisees tithe mint and rue every herb but neglect justice and the love God.Churches today select Scriptures good for business: Scriptures like Mal 3:10 and proverbs 3:9 and harvest among others. Beware of this hypocrisy and expose them whenever it is expressed.

What I say to you I say to all, "Watch"
Re: Beware Of Hypocrisy In The Church by Anomnity: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Op, so someone Like you have the guts to preach about hypocrisy when you are among the kiddy nairaland fellas going about begging female nairalanders for a date.I'm ashamed.
Re: Beware Of Hypocrisy In The Church by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
Anomnity:
Op, so someone Like you have the guts to preach about hypocrisy when you are among the kiddy nairaland fellas going about begging female nairalanders for a date.I'm ashamed.
Sorry you don't have understanding

(1) (Reply)

The Application of Proverbs 26 Vs 4,5 / Terrorist Women In Heaven “will Have A Man With A Pen*s That Never Bends”-cleric / Why Do People Hide Their Offerings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.