Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,249 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB (2072 Views)

HND Degree To Be Regarded As Bachelor Of Technology– JAMB / HND Will Soon Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology – JAMB Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Frankaka8(m): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2015
oint Admission and Matriculation Board, (JAMB) - Great relief for admission seekers as JAMB has revealed that the discrimination in degrees in the country will soon come to an end when HND is transformed into Bachelor Of Technology.

The Registrar of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, (JAMB), Prof. Dibu Ojerinde has said President Muhammadu Buhari is willing to implement the waiver that will end the B.Sc and HND segregation.

Buhari had received the updated report on the B.Sc and HND controversy, which was presented by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, MacJohn Nwaobiala last Tuesday.

Ojerinde, who spoke with reporters on Wednesday, recalled that the last administration set up a committee to look at how the two could be merged.

He said, "The system has not given adequate vision for the other levels of education. We have not encouraged technical education, we have not encouraged Teachers education also; in fact, we have not encouraged agricultural education to the extent that everybody feels that the only way to survive is to go to the University.

"The only way to make it is to have a degree; so I am saying we should revisit our system, we should look at why candidates don't want to go to polytechnics, and we should look at why they don't want teachers’ education; we should also revisit why they don't want agriculture.

"By our experience, most people will like to study law, engineering, medicine, accountancy, these are the top courses being sought for in the universities; nobody wants to study education. So, I see we have problems in that area and I am sure the Federal Ministry of Education is trying to solve that problem.

"First of all Technical Education, there's dichotomy between Bachelors degree and National Diploma or Higher National Diploma, (HND). It was one of the things presented to Mr. President to find a way of implementing the waiver of the dichotomy between HND and the B.Sc degree. The so called HND should now be changed to B.tech which means Bachelor of Technology.

"Former President Musa Yar’Adua may his soul rest in peace, said he doesn't have any problem with B.tech. Unfortunately, government also has not sorted this entire problem. And there are such cases of people like me in this country, I wouldn't have been able to read, I wouldn't have been able to go to school. So what I am saying is, government should look at how we can improve technical education.

"Four colleges of Education have been upgraded to universities of Education, you will see the rush into those universities now because they can now get bachelor's degree. And when they come to the public, they will not be a push away. So this is where we are, I think if I go by what we saw on Wednesday, President Buhari and the Vice President listened and they were interested in what we presented".

Source: Tori.ng
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by buzquet(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2015
God bless buhari and his team.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2015
Last I checked, it wasn't JAMB 's prerogative to determine which educational institution gets what degree or the power to change the nomenclature of one. undecided

Friedplantain

5 Likes

Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Frankaka8(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2015
You right friedplantain, buh never rule out the possibility as this is Naija coupled with the aura of CHANGE.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by corperscorner: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2015
[size=15pt]When I see stuffs like this, I instantly get to know a JAMB official has been through the thread below..[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1967717/difference-between-hnd-bsc-discrimination

Open in new tab please.
Lets keep voicing our plights.........
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Ahmed0336(m): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2015
Another name no dey? Wetin go come be d nomenclature of WE wey grad from federal universities of technology? angry
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by corperscorner: 9:06am On Aug 03, 2015
Ahmed0336:
Another name no dey? Wetin go come be d nomenclature of WE wey grad from federal universities of technology? angry

F.Tech grin

1 Like

Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Ahmed0336(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2015
corperscorner:

F.Tech grin
you are so f...king hilarious grin

1 Like

Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by hisprinceship: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2015
F.TEch Anyways Bsc HND disparities sha.... Me na Proudly BSC. What then happens to those that Use the HND tlo seek admission in uni?
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Frankaka8(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2015
hisprinceship:
F.TEch Anyways Bsc HND disparities sha.... Me na Proudly BSC. What then happens to those that Use the HND tlo seek admission in uni?
my guy i taya oooo. This issue keeps twisting and turning over time. The end is far fetched.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Juliuxxxxx: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2015
Cool
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by lacasera14(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2015
Hmmm just when I left poly for Uni. anyway That's there business.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Adah96(f): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2015
cool
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by corperscorner: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
lacasera14:
Hmmm just when I left poly for Uni. anyway That's there business.

What's chasing you sir grin
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Frankaka8(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
Truth is, even if the degree change of name stands, does it avert the disparities that has eaten deep in Naija Educational system??

1 Like

Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cc robinHez
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
corperscorner:

What's chasing you sir grin
grin
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Last I checked, it wasn't JAMB 's prerogative to determine which educational institution gets what degree or the power to change the nomenclature of one. undecided

Friedplantain
kindly read the last sentence sire.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by RobinHez(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
Teempakguy:
Cc robin Hez
Wetin concern agbero with overload
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
RobinHez:

Wetin concern agbero with overload
i have mentioned you in a thread that concerns you. Oyah, go asap.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by iFirst: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jack: i will pose as a buyer and i will negotiate with the terrorists before they acquire the Bio-weapon

Mr President: Jack, are you sure you can do this?

Jack:Positive

President Palmer: This Country owe you a gratitude of honor

Jack: Thank you Mr President

After some minutes, the president then called the CTU and said:

President Palmer: Bill, am here with the chief of staff and agent Pierce Aaron

Bill: Ok mr President

President Palmer: Bill i want updates on Jack Bauer's operation every 10minutes

Bill: Yes, Sir.

Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Frankaka8(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
It may be changed on papers, buh cannot be changed in the mind of recruiters.
Re: HND To Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB by Peaches90(f): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
At college bound consults, we provide university placement opportunities and secure scholarships for individuals seeking admission into colleges and universities here in the U.S for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We help students get scholarship opportunities and SEVIS fee payment (which cannot be paid from Nigeria).
We provide insightful, current information focused on your individual needs by helping you find those colleges that fit educationally, personally and financially and create a plan for their educational achievement.

We take care of all the processing needs and ensure our students enjoy stress-free application and placement into their desired institutions in the United States. We have partnered with several U.S universities and as such, we've been able to help many Nigerians achieve their dreams of getting their education in the United States by helping them become better positioned for admission into U.S colleges/universities to fit their unique needs and aspirations, navigate through the application and scholarship opportunities process and decide which college offer is in their best interests.

Kindly visit our website http://www.collegeboundconsults.com/ or call +1 862-234-0256, +1 956-254-0372 to register, and for more information about our services.

(1) (Reply)

MPPSC State Service Main Exam Answer Key 2015 / Nasarawa State University Goes On Indefinite Strike / List Of The Best & Most Affordable States In The Western Part Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.