Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship (77711 Views)

Rush Now For TNRI Scholarship 2017 For Secondary School Leavers And Undergraduat / Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2016/17 TNRI Scholarship / Why Secondary School Leavers Shun Polytechnics -VANGUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by avaa(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Thanks a lot for the update. Should we all expect our results even if we don't make the 97% cut-off? I personally think we should.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
avaa:
Thanks a lot for the update. Should we all expect our results even if we don't make the 97% cut-off? I personally think we should.

Any applicant with a valid entry will receive an email notifying them of their outcome from us.

However, they will not receive their individual scores since it's inconsequential going forward
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by thankyouJesus(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
I need clarification on tis sir
TeHN:
TeHN is calling all school leavers (Those not already in universities) to apply for the 2015/16 TNRI scholarship
Are you a school leaver?
Are you or your parents experiencing some sort of financial difficulties?
Are you of good character with goals of getting a quality university degree?
If you can answer yes to the 3 questions above then this is the chance you've been waiting for.
This was pasted around August last year, I was eligible.
TeHN:

1) Eligibility - Automatic disqualification. The scheme is strictly for school leavers (Those not already at university). Any mention of an applicant being at university automatically excludes them from the assessment process.
Considering the above, I will be resuming for my undergraduate studies at the University of Ibadan on February 13th (100L, First semester), am I still eligible?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by ifyalways(f): 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
^^ I think you came a tad too late. As you can see, entries have been submitted and essays written already.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 7:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
thankyouJesus:
I need clarification on tis sirThis was pasted around August last year, I was eligible.Considering the above, I will be resuming for my undergraduate studies at the University of Ibadan on February 13th (100L, First semester), am I still eligible?

You have to be a school leaver at the time of your application.

In other words, you shall still qualify If your resumption date falls in 2016
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by thankyouJesus(m): 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
jaybee3:

You have to be a school leaver at the time of your application.

In other words, you shall still qualify If your resumption date falls in 2016
Thank you for the quick response sir, I was(am) a school leaver and also my resumption is in 2016.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by thankyouJesus(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
ifyalways:
^^ I think you came a tad too late. As you can see, entries have been submitted and essays written already.
I did submits my article, thank you ma.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by avaa(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
jaybee3:

Any applicant with a valid entry will receive an email notifying them of their outcome from us.

However, they will not receive their individual scores since it's inconsequential going forward

So when should we expect these outcomes?
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by jaybee3(m): 7:13am On Jan 20, 2016
avaa:

So when should we expect these outcomes?

Before the end of this week
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by kingb1993(m): 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
TeHN:
Update to 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship applicants

We have now finished marking the essays and the committee has subsequently endorsed the decision to ONLY allow applicants with a score above the 97th percentile to progress through to the next/final stage.

As a result of this decision, 7 applicants out of 413 valid entries shall progress through to the second/final stage.

We are now in the process of sending out your individual outcomes so please ensure you check the email address you used in sending the entries.

How we arrived at the final 7:
• 8 markers independent of the committee were recruited to help mark the essays
• Each essay was assigned a pseudonymised ID then forwarded to the markers
• The markers were instructed to strictly use the published marking guide (as shown below) as reference when marking the essays
• We decided to use percentile ranking so as to embed consistency and fairness into our scoring methodology

Marking Scheme/Guide for the essay “How technology has improved their respective lives”:
The four key criteria they are to be assessed against are as follows:
1.Content: (40 marks) – Applicants are expected to relate their essays to the importance of technology on their lives specifically on how the use of technology has enabled them improve a process

a. Poor (10 marks): Applicant made no mention of technology in the submitted essay

b. Average (20 marks): Applicant commented about technology and it’s importance but failed to directly connect it to how it helped them improve a process

c. Good (30 marks): Applicant commented about technology and it’s importance AND directly connected it to how it helped them improve a process

D .Excellent (40 marks): Applicant commented about technology and it’s importance AND directly connected it to how it helped them improve several processes

2.Structure: (30 marks) – Applicants are expected to be consistent in the use of tenses, coherent and concise as well as sequential with their delivery

a. Poor (5 marks): Essay was unstructured and delivery flow was non-existent

b. average (15 marks): Essay was unstructured but with an acceptable flow of delivery

c. Good (25 marks): Essay was structured with an acceptable flow of delivery

d. Excellent (30 marks): Essay was structured with an excellent flow of delivery

3.Vocabulary: (20 marks) – The applicants are expected to clearly state their arguments for deserving to be the recipient of the award

a. Poor (5 marks): Far too many grammatical errors coupled with unacceptable text lingos and/or abbreviations

b. Average (10 marks): Little grammatical errors and no lingos and/or abbreviations

c. Good (15 marks): No grammatical errors and no lingos and/or abbreviations

d. Excellent (20 marks): Excellent use of grammar

4.Conclusion: (10 marks) – Applicants should provide a good summary of their argument

a. Poor (2 marks): No attempt made to provide relevant conclusion

b. Good (5 marks): Conclusion is provided but not entirely relevant to the essay

c. Excellent (10 marks): Conclusion is provided and relevant to the essay
I received an email with a wrong email ID. Is there any way you can correct this please? My email ID is different from the one you used in sending that info to me. Correct the discrepancy.

Penalties to be applied by the marker on completion of the marking exercise
1) Eligibility - Automatic disqualification. The scheme is strictly for school leavers (Those not already at university). Any mention of an applicant being at university automatically excludes them from the assessment process.
2) Plagiarism – Automatic disqualification.
3) Exceeding word limit –10 marks deducted

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Yaisa: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very good
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Melody2015: 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello house . you guys are doing a good job especially on Education thread .
Please can we also have tutor for those writing nursing entrance exams

thanks
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Whills: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2016
alternatives for 2016/2017 admission session

Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Pemale(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
TellCollege have aligned list of Scholarships For Nigerian Undergraduates that you all need to look forward to for the year 2016/2017
Lots of College updates/activities and Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates
http://www.tellcollege.com/2015/12/top-scholarships-in-20162017-for.html
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Tolufisayo: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Have you heard about the Yabatech Paracetamol Medical Centre where paracetamol is being prescribed for all kind of sickness. Watch the video a yabatech student did, explaining what the staff do while in office....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSBkyTsQuaI
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by dreamcast95: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Melody2015:
Hello house . you guys are doing a good job especially on Education thread .
Please can we also have tutor for those writing nursing entrance exams

thanks

Totally agree, in order to make good money, and constantly move forward you must not stop learning. It is always important to acquire new knowledge, you need to start doing it in school, found an article about the possible consequences - https://tuko.co.ke/99201-head-teachers-aiding-exam-cheating-will-punished.html if you decide differently.
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Muritala2015(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
I recommend http://webdevelopmentacademy.afrikgold.net. visit the site, it will be helpful
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Ajetomobiife: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good evening friends. My name is ajetomobi ifedayo am a student in india studying (BBA) I want to bring this opportunity available to all my fellows naija friends who want too study here is also cheap and okay and if u are interested in MASTERS PROGRAMME OR BSC OR PHARMACY,TECHNOLOGY,BBA,BBM,NURSING OR MEDICINE in india. study at affordable price. For more enquiry contact me on fb Facebook.com/ajetomobi ifedayo amaya, whatsapp +917097744084 email :ajetomobiifedayo@Yahoo. Com
Re: Tehn Is Calling All School Leavers To Apply For 2015/16 TNRI Scholarship by Ajetomobiife: 9:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Good evening friends. My name is ajetomobi ifedayo am a student in india studying (BBA) I want to bring this opportunity available to all my fellows naija friends who want too study here is also cheap and okay and if u are interested in MASTERS PROGRAMME OR BSC OR PHARMACY,TECHNOLOGY,BBA,BBM,NURSING OR MEDICINE in india. study at affordable price.no need of jamb only weac result For more enquiry contact me on fb Facebook.com/ajetomobi ifedayo amaya, whatsapp +917097744084 email :ajetomobiifedayo@Yahoo. Com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Till Date I Still Don't Know The Usefulness Of This Thing / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! / WAEC GCE 2014/2015 Result Checking Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.