Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Validate Your Insurance Policy Online To Avoid Police Palaver - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Validate Your Insurance Policy Online To Avoid Police Palaver (1795 Views)

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Validate Your Insurance Policy Online To Avoid Police Palaver by OloyeJawnson: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello NL peeps,

This actually came to attention because I fell prey to it as I was apprehended somewhere around Agege. embarassed cry

Policemen & Law enforcement agencies stop unsuspecting or ignorant motorists on the road, mostly in 'go-slow' or 'hold-up' situations, after checking insurance policy status using your License plate number which is the vehicle registration number on the Nigerian Insurance Industry Database portal online.

If your vehicle details are not on www.askniid.org you stand the risk of not having insurance and may be stopped by authorized law enforcement agencies.

In my case I was stopped because it showed "Policy not found Please contact insurer!!!!" shocked and I was pretty shocked as I'm always keen on ensuring my vehicle papers are valid and complete sad but then I decided to check with my own smartphone which we all have and you are probably reading this message on yours too right now (sic) and it gave same response, embarassed undecided but I noticed there were two options; check by 'Registration number' & 'Policy number' then I tried checking with Policy number stated on the copy of the Insurance papers I have as against the latter and Alas! It eventually brought up my vehicle details grin but I noticed the Registration number was captured incorrectly angry by a letter wrongly placed ['BV' instead of 'AV'].

Therefore, please endeavour to check your vehicle insurance details on www.askniid.org to avoid embarrassments and also do the needful if your papers have expired and due for renewal.

NB. You can also verify your policy number by sending an SMS to 33125 in the following format: Policy number*Vehicle plate number e.g. OIN/098/201401*ABC567CD to 33125

Drive safely folks..
Cheers! wink

1 Like

Re: Validate Your Insurance Policy Online To Avoid Police Palaver by oride: 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
Quite insightful. Thanks.
Re: Validate Your Insurance Policy Online To Avoid Police Palaver by Lancier(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
Do you know you need not leave the comfort of your home or office to process your insurance policies? We at InsuranceDirect2U will do all the hassles for you by processing all needed documents promptly, ensuring you get prompt and efficient service. We deliver your policy documents direct to your doorstep plus full claims support should you have a claim in future.

Call us now and give us your brief. Our number is 08033054437 Email: lancier224@yahoo.com BB Pin: 2bd85fdb WITHIN NIGERIA ONLY

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery Guaranteed!!

(1) (Reply)

2000 Honda Shuttle 2.3 I Es: Replace Crankshaft Or Buy Engine? / The Cullinan Lookalike Hongqi Electric SUV Is Set To Steal Rolls-Royce Customers / Weekly Returns On 7 Seater Sienna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.