Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum (41954 Views)

Fayose On Splash FM Ibadan: "Buhari Wants To Give Tinubu Awolowo Treatment" / Rumour: Buhari Wants To Go On Leave / Why Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools’ Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by fun103: 5:08am On Aug 04, 2015
The story headline is designed to cause disunity amongst Nigerians. Islamic books have always been used to study IRK in Federal schools....before will they use Christian books to study IRK? Having said that, I am sure my Muslim brothers will support me when I say that the contents of the book need to be reviewed to ensure it portrays the message of the Koran and not any personal or extremist views.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by fun103: 5:18am On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Ugonna C: 5:08am
The story headline is designed to cause disunity amongst Nigerians. Islamic books have always been used to study IRK in Federal schools....before will they use Christian books to study IRK? Having said that, I am sure my Muslim brothers will support me when I say that the contents of the book need to be reviewed to ensure it portrays the message of the Koran and not any personal or extremist views.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by lilmessiah(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2015
Change Nigerians needed. Please wait while change is processing. Change in progress... Sai Buhari, PMB.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by JegaQuin: 6:54am On Aug 04, 2015
.......AND THE Wailing Kontinu. ... grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by XBLadez: 6:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Boko 101 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
A particular religion is d problem of dis zoo

were the yourbas who betrayed you not christians like you, they quote scripture and say all many of prayers yet they sold your brothers properties in lagos, ph beyond.
I d rather remain in this zoo than enter another one. grin
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by neocortex: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2015
Enough of all this useless courses that add nothing but misery and confusion
to the lives of students.

What is the relevance of a flat earth and the sun which set in a pool
in this 21st century.

At times of economic challenges visionary leaders introduce and upgrade
fiscal education at all levels , the same can't be said about Buhari.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Volatility: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello sir, can I ask you an urgent question?

Jarus:
LOL. This will generate controversy.

But this should be clear: this is for IRK classes. It's like recommending a book for Biology. If you don't take Biology in the first place, you don't have any business with the book.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by erico2k2(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2015
atlwireles:

That's how you catch the liars on NL. grin grin grin grin
Me sef tire Ohhh
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by erico2k2(m): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2015
tpiander:

the federal schools started JSS a year before non-federal schools.

the poster was the pioneer set, if that's really her story and not someone else's.
do you know what you are talking about?J'S and SS cam into terms wen we changed educational system from 654 to 6334.this was when I was in class 1@1987.we then had to write JSS exams we where the pioneers.1994 he had class one to five
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Donbrowser26(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
BeauHomme:
No cause for alarm. He's only suggesting these books be included in the Islamic Studies syllabus. Only those taking the course have a say in this matter.

But there are many books written and still in writing. If every leader came suggesting his preferred book to be included in our curriculum, we're in for clash of interests in the future. Soon someone will come, lobbying for Obasanjo's books to be included in our history syllabus.

These leaders should just face the business of governance and leave these issues for the relevant constituted authorities to decide.
This is the best unbiased comment I read so far. Buhari is not the education minister for goodness sake.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by erico2k2(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2015
stan241:

I did jss1 in 2001at FGC Lagos and Arabic was a compulsory subject and so was Hausa, igbo and yoruba language for everybody......I remember Arabic was actually quite fun and simple for me sef as an igbo boy compared to other compulsory languages we did such as french and hausa
if you check studying Arabic last gauge is not a problem but the sturdy of Islam mad compulsory might be a problem.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by manyus(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2015
Religious Bigots una don come again. What is wrong with introducing Islamic Book to Federal School's Islamic Religious Knowledge(IRK) students only. Why are you intolerance of other religious beliefs.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Donbrowser26(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
lomprico:

Why shld buhari be the one to recommend it? What happened to the islamic scholars in education ministry?
Gbam
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
manyus:
Religious Bigots una don come again. What is wrong with introducing Islamic Book to Federal School's Islamic Religious Knowledge(IRK) students only. Why are you intolerance of other religious beliefs.

there is no problem there However if it's made compulsory then Yeh problem.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Donbrowser26(m): 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
ohzee:
Yes I am not surprised one bit. Flashback to 1983/84 academic session. I was in JS1 in a Federal School in Benin and I studied Islamic Religious Studies and Arabic as compulsory subjects. Guess who was in power then? It's déjà vu.
Those of us who experienced that era knew what we were saying when we talked about Islamization.
If we protest now, they will say after all CRK is also being studied in schools. Ok oh....
No further comments
Mummy good afternoon ma
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by manyus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
xklucvG:

Noooo! what the country need now is science not religion we are in the 21 century for heavens sake how will religion help us match toe to toe with other developed nations. We run to them for help whenever we are in trouble why is this religion not solving our problems. The US refused us arms, Ebola drugs, etc because we do not have the capability to manufacture. Mr President, religion should take a back seat in this vehicle called Nigeria and let science be the driver please.

So, we should adopt GAY MARRIAGE abi shocked
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Donbrowser26(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sweetlemon:

WTF is wrong with you? Why are you so damn negative?! When Jonathan was visiting different churches every sunday why didn't you see anything wrong with it?
Did he recommend churches for Nigerians?
When asked why he hasn't been visiting mosques I remember him saying he hasn't received any invitation from anyone of them. Just stop being bias. Buhari is a president and not an educationist.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Dindondin(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
EdCure:

Dont be too sure.
All that Buhari need for that to happen is to appoint moslem fanatics as head of fg parastatals, ministries and this kind of policy we are loking at here. and islam wil take over in less than 25yrs.
He doesnt need any law to make that happen. He will just force it on you thru executive decisions. But God forbid.
Any executive decision that is against the religion or tribe of some Nigerians can't be accepted.
I repeat, nobody can islamize Nigeria.
except they want to break up the country.
Nigeria is not for the Northerners alone. it's true in history that northerners were the most people that ruled since independence.
That will be checked in future.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Donbrowser26(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
omonnakoda:
The president should not get involved in such matters in keeping with the belonging to no one doctrine. Is he an expert on Islamic studies? On what basis can he pronounce on education curricula whether on Islam or Mathematics? This is an area of TECHNICAL expertise and should be left to experts .Once politicians become involved it becomes politicized. Imagine if a history book starts talking of atrocities against Biafra etc and a president says it should be adopted. There is presumably a process through which books are adopted for curricula.Politicians should not be involved.
What next a history book telling us that the 1966 coup was an Ibo coup? This is an unwise move that sets a dangerous precedent
Another beautiful comment but when you talk now the next thing is you are a tanoid
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by xklucvG: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
manyus:

So, we should adopt GAY MARRIAGE abi shocked
Bleep the crap! Is it gay marriage that brought China, Malaysia, Indonesia etc to the position they maintain in the world today? Technology is what i mean. If you don't want to grow others are eager to leap please.
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Oh ok. So it's true both religions were compulsory then

@Ohzee what EXACTLY is your problem if Muslims were made to recite Christian prayers as well?

Lol...Pay him no mind. He won't respond. I've hit him below the belt. Are you a muslim @SweetLemon?
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by SluttanSlayer: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
Boko Clown who refuses to read
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Turantula(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2019

were the yourbas who betrayed you not christians like you, they quote scripture and say all many of prayers yet they sold your brothers properties in lagos, ph beyond.
I d rather remain in this zoo than enter another one. grin
My muslim friend but he didn't mention any religion or where you thinking like an animal?
Re: Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum by Shuugar98(f): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
The Agenda falling into places

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Policemen Invade Seun Kuti's House In Lagos, Arrest Family Member / Odili House Invasion: Malami Kicks As Suspect Says He Works For Him / Kano Residents Shout Sai Atiku As Tinubu Arrives Kano (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.